Tim Cahill in - The Duke out for $1m?

Heres Rixxy

Special Agent Dale Cooper
1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

I don't think you would get Cahill on low wages.I think he will still be on a fair chunk wherever he plays,not EPL type wages but still bigger than any wages we will be paying any of our current players

Complete guestimate...I reckon Cahill at his age would ask for £5k p/w + bonuses.

Total stab in the dark :)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Complete guestimate...I reckon Cahill at his age would ask for £5k p/w + bonuses.

Total stab in the dark :)

Exactly so not low wages for us

Special Agent Dale Cooper
Just now, vegas-voss said:

Exactly so not low wages for us

Indeed.

Papers and media seem intent on running this Lafferty story. Don’t remember reading or hearing anything from either HMFC or Lafferty so would seem troublemaking.

reports that some Asian teams are interested doesn’t mean he wants to go. 

N Lincs Jambo
19 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Interesting indeed! Not getting game time with Melbourne City in the A-League (being kept out by Ross McCormack) would suggest that this would be a seriously big gamble to take him on. I certainly wouldn't be looking to him over Lafferty or Naismith.

Cahill done well for Melbourne City last year but he was out injured or rested a lot. He's getting on. The Aussie league is fairly comparable to ours though I'd say most of the top 6 would out perform theirs. Cahill left abruptly a few games into this season with no real explanation.

If we want to sign a City forward we should be looking at Bruno Fornaroli. He is a different class.

Most of Cahills goals came from headers. Rarely scored any with his feet. Except his very first for the club which was a worldy.

13 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

DTqIrUfWkAICZba.jpg

Wow. Don't think I've seen them effectively retract a story.

2 hours ago, sadj said:

Don’t think anyone is suggesting KL is being forced out unless iv picked up posters wrong...

Some posters do seem to have a problem KL imo.

1 hour ago, ...a bit disco said:

DTqIrUfWkAICZba.jpg

That pic ❤️ and the record retracting something all in one thread....

22 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Some posters do seem to have a problem KL imo.

Some posters on here would have a problem if our team had Neymar , Messi and Ronaldo... Laff hasn’t been working as hard as he maybe could upfront but then when he has to run back to the defensive area to see the ball its hard to hold that against him. I also dont think you can underestimate what he brings to the team in terms of attitude. He is a player other teams love to hate last one we had was probably Rudi..

5 minutes ago, uniwildcat38 said:

What a pass by Gowser!

I much preferred Gowser's 5-1 while organising the wall at a free kick - same game I think!

Signing a player of this nature would smack of desperation of the highest order... FFS we are trying to build a team for the future not start and old folks retirement home!

13 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Signing a player of this nature would smack of desperation of the highest order... FFS we are trying to build a team for the future not start and old folks retirement home!

A player of this nature .... ! How much experience do you think players such as Cahill and Naismith would bring to our youngsters and therefore our team for the future? How much of their most likely high wages makes up the cost of passing that experience on? Do you think it is a coincidence that Souttar has improved immensely under Levein and playing next to Berra? Sometimes it isn't just what the player brings on the pitch, but also what they add off of it. 

Personally I would see signing a player of this nature as a signal of intent from the club, this is the calibre of player we want, when we complete the payment of our new stand, we go after the same calibre of player but hopefully with less years on the engine and more sell on value. 

Would you rather have a 24 year old player from say a Serie A teams reserves who has never played at a world cup ... or a desperate signing of the highest order such as Cahill? Between your posts on JC and this one it is beginning to smell in here ;)

Cahill..please no..another 38 year old whose best days are long gone

Some on here really must be living in a world that never allows players to age or lose their abilities

How do you know he has lost his abilities? Isn't he looking to play to earn a recall for the next World Cup? Id have preferred him in 5 years ago but to be honest, If the professionals at the club think he would do the job, whatever that may be then who am I to argue. I'd welcome him and support him from the start and hope he passed on all of that experience to every youngster every day at ORIAM

6 minutes ago, Jamos said:

How do you know he has lost his abilities? Isn't he looking to play to earn a recall for the next World Cup? Id have preferred him in 5 years ago but to be honest, If the professionals at the club think he would do the job, whatever that may be then who am I to argue. I'd welcome him and support him from the start and hope he passed on all of that experience to every youngster every day at ORIAM

You'd have preferred him 5 years ago? 

If we're delving into the realms of fantasy, I'd have taken him 15 years ago, & throw in Messi & Ronaldo, while you're at it. 

The Club have flatly denied any interest, it's a non story. 

With the dodgy provenance of this rumour, this whole thread should be in the Gullit Lounge. Hogwash of the highest order.

3 minutes ago, Mister Dee said:

You'd have preferred him 5 years ago? 

If we're delving into the realms of fantasy, I'd have taken him 5 years ago, & throw in Messi & Ronaldo, while you're at it. 

The Club have flatly denied any interest, it's a non story. 

But an interesting conversation nonetheless, or do you want to just read and post a constant stream of in fighting and nonsense because until their are scarves above heads, isn't everything the realm of fantasy? Anything ground breaking to say yourself? The word preferred  in the lead in, kind of gives it away ... that is why although a rumour, it would be possible for us now at 38? better now?

22 minutes ago, Braminho said:

People saying no to Tim Cahill FFS

Not that the story had any creditbilty but I'd absolutely say No. He's years past the stage where he'd be a worthwhile acquisition.

Hypothetical, but would you take a punt on a 38 year old Cahill starting up front on Sunday for the first 60 mins, or continue with Isma and his shocking form of late? 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, CAR said:

Daily Record reporting Hearts have said they have no interest in Cahill and rubbished the Lafferty rumour

Good and brilliant.

Fozzyonthefence
30 minutes ago, Braminho said:

People saying no to Tim Cahill FFS

He's 38 ffs!  Would you take Skacel back too - he's only 39 and has loads of ability?  Couldn't even hack it with Raith in the Scottish 2nd tier though.

8 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

He's 38 ffs!  Would you take Skacel back too - he's only 39 and has loads of ability?  Couldn't even hack it with Raith in the Scottish 2nd tier though.

Id say Cahill is a slightly higher standard than Rudi. He’s scored goals his whole career and would be as fit as anyone in our squad, he’s also looking to get game time do he can go to the World Cup 

8 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Aye and I took my name in fun although I could have picked a real original one like jamos or jambo something or other. You strangely enough you are one who I would aim it at ... as in you know jack shit about football if signing a 38 year old who only wants to get a few games to sharpen himself up for the world cup playing for Australia... aye why not lets do that sign him up and get him ready to play that would be the right thing to do right enough.

Now I thought your original response was funny but I take exception to your latest rant Mr Turd. I have a BsC in Football and Coaching Performance from Anglia Ruskin University. I am also an FA level 2 licenced coach, with talent ID level 2 thrown in as I thought it would be interesting to complete, however I have been fortunate enough to spend time in the company and on the training pitch with people you would most likely class as heroes. When you do that, you get an education in football you simply cannot buy. So that's enough about me, do please tell me your football qualifications, you know, the ones that give you the right to tell others they know nothing? .... anyone got the sweet and salty popcorn? ... this should be good.

I really want to know who is trying to unsettle Lafferty. Someone with an arsehole journo's ear is definitely, deliberately creating mischief. 

3 minutes ago, Jamos said:

Now I thought your original response was funny but I take exception to your latest rant Mr Turd. I have a BsC in Football and Coaching Performance from Anglia Ruskin University. I am also an FA level 2 licenced coach, however I have been fortunate enough to spend time in the company and on the training pitch with people you would most likely class as heroes. When you do that, you get an education in football you simply cannot buy. So that's enough about me, do please tell me your football qualifications, you know, the ones that give you the right to tell others they know nothing? .... anyone got the sweet and salty popcorn? ... this should be good.

Ooow sorry I had no idea... of course now my opinion of you has completely changed... you are a visionary and the very sort we need at Tynecastle to build our new team. Yes on reflection you are quite right lets make up a list of very old players and get them signed up to impart their undoubted wisdom to our youth of our team... not!

1 minute ago, jock _turd said:

Ooow sorry I had no idea... of course now my opinion of you has completely changed... you are a visionary and the very sort we need at Tynecastle to build our new team. Yes on reflection you are quite right lets make up a list of very old players and get them signed up to impart their undoubted wisdom to our youth of our team... not!

Apology accepted, lets move on and grow from this experience. It will be better for everyone that way xx

As for the passing on of experience part you seem to be rubbishing, have you read Harry Cochrane's latest interview? The one where he credits Aaron Hughes for passing on his experience and how he watches him daily to learn how to become a better professional? Seems to be working for Harry from what I can tell. Maybe I am on to something after all, but then again, why would any team need leaders and players with experience eh?

Phew, Jock stinking up another thread!

I watched Australia in their playoff matches and while they’re a shadow of what they were a decade or more ago, Cahill was easily their best player.

I like Lafferty, he has attitude and the sort of character I like to see in our striker. Macphee pointed out the strikers at Hearts require a strong character because as we saw with Sammon when things are going poorly the crowd can very quickly turn on the striker and their head can go down and loose all confidence.

IMO Lafferty is part of the spine of our team that Levein is building which will last the next couple of years. 

While we are discussing matters related to Australia, I am off to Melbourne in two weeks and sure there are some JKBs on here from Melbourne - any user names available so I can make contact with them

cheers

1 hour ago, jock _turd said:

Wow - just wow

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, jock _turd said:

Not convinced that's a genuine apology

:P

Absolute Scenes
8 minutes ago, OTT said:

I like Lafferty, he has attitude and the sort of character I like to see in our striker. Macphee pointed out the strikers at Hearts require a strong character because as we saw with Sammon when things are going poorly the crowd can very quickly turn on the striker and their head can go down and loose all confidence.

IMO Lafferty is part of the spine of our team that Levein is building which will last the next couple of years. 

Absolutely this

For a guy who has had next to zero delivery from Midfield and still be sitting in double figures for the season, should be third name on the sheet (after Berra and McLaughlin of course) every week

I for one rate our norn irelun scamp

6 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Not convinced that's a genuine apology

:P

Me either, but from experience, people such as Mr Turd are never ones to offer such a thing regardless of the levels of stupidity on display ;)

We move on and await the next stench of a thread he soils  

It should have been ten
4 hours ago, sadj said:

Some posters on here would have a problem if our team had Neymar , Messi and Ronaldo... Laff hasn’t been working as hard as he maybe could upfront but then when he has to run back to the defensive area to see the ball its hard to hold that against him. I also dont think you can underestimate what he brings to the team in terms of attitude. He is a player other teams love to hate last one we had was probably Rudi..

Spot on ??

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, OTT said:

This!!

3 hours ago, Jamos said:

But an interesting conversation nonetheless, or do you want to just read and post a constant stream of in fighting and nonsense because until their are scarves above heads, isn't everything the realm of fantasy? Anything ground breaking to say yourself? The word preferred  in the lead in, kind of gives it away ... that is why although a rumour, it would be possible for us now at 38? better now?

Its not interesting to speculate about players we'll never sign. 

I would call it a complete waste of time.

Archived