Steven Naismith - signs on loan (official)

Geoff Kilpatrick

Steven just gave a good interview live on Sky from Tynecastle. He will be raring to go come Sunday.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Guess this is were foundation money could come in handy. Few player's that are bit more special get money from hearts and the foundation. Say 4k from Hearts and 4k from foundation. 3 or 4 player's like tmthat would not harm.

I respect your opinion JK but I seriously think that the Foundation contributions should be ring fenced for capital expenditure projects like stadium improvements/academy etc.  We don't want the 1.5 Million we give yearly to eventually be swallowed up as an 'expected' part of the clubs income to pay for players, whether it be salaries or transfer fee.  Just my opinion.

IveSeenTheLight
5 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I would imagine Hearts supportets fighting tooth and nail successfully to save our club and Rangers meekly letting their club die would have had a major bearing on his decision if rangers could have afforded him.

I think you will get a very good shift out of Naismith for the next 4 months.

He's been hankering to go back to SevCo for some time and I don't think they have approached him.

He'll be trying to impress / put him in the shop window ahead of the summer.

No doubt, if he is massively successful, Sevco will be in contact with him to transfer in the summer on a free

1 minute ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I think you will get a very good shift out of Naismith for the next 4 months.

He's been hankering to go back to SevCo for some time and I don't think they have approached him.

He'll be trying to impress / put him in the shop window ahead of the summer.

No doubt, if he is massively successful, Sevco will be in contact with him to transfer in the summer on a free

Why are you even on this forum??

IveSeenTheLight
1 minute ago, JAMMY1980 said:

Why are you even on this forum??

I was showing respect on what could be a very good signing for the second half of the season.

It would be great if you guys (and Hibs) managed to catch SevCo and push them out of the European positions

In the future, once the team has settled after the new stand construction and with the potential financial input ahead, it would be great to think we could continue to entice this standard of signing even if just a loan.

To attract these players into an already solid, settled team of good standard would really help take the club onto a higher level.

Its a dream just now but we are building the infrastructure for that very scenario.

Just now, IveSeenTheLight said:

I was showing respect on what could be a very good signing for the second half of the season.

It would be great if you guys (and Hibs) managed to catch SevCo and push them out of the European positions

Nope you spent most of your post telling us he will be going to Sevco in the summer.....................you really are a tedious fella.

6 hours ago, sadj said:

Ach its all fun when it strays. Its like a snowball being rolled down a snow covered mountain the speed it takes off and grows arms and legs before smashing spectaularly into the topic again at the bottom... not that i ever trangress off topic.

is it the time machine that has the prop time machine that is in an episode of big bang theory?

This! I hate drawing within the lines, let the conversation meander and do what it will. The people who want to stay on topic will bring it back, it's no biggie

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Nope you spent most of your post telling us he will be going to Sevco in the summer.....................you really are a tedious fella.

Exactly...**** off

8 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

I respect your opinion JK but I seriously think that the Foundation contributions should be ring fenced for capital expenditure projects like stadium improvements/academy etc.  We don't want the 1.5 Million we give yearly to eventually be swallowed up as an 'expected' part of the clubs income to pay for players, whether it be salaries or transfer fee.  Just my opinion.

True. Not talking spending all the money on players. Say million for player funds. Rest for a rainy day.

IveSeenTheLight
21 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I think that is a major incentive why I think he will do well.

Regardless of whether he goes to SevCo or not, he'll be wanting to impress to get a deal beyond the summer.

Could even be with Hearts

2 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

IMG_20180119_101008.jpg

He should probably have a wee go of hoisting that above his head, bit of practice for May !      :verysmug:

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
32 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

I would like to see it go to to youth academy. All first team affairs should be paid for with other revenue streams. Obviously that would have a knock on effect. Youth will be our foundation so it would be fitting to the name - Foundation of Hearts.

28 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

All you do is slaver nonsense, no idea how you've not been launched yet 

12 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

No foundation money has been used here. 5k per week

Craig Levein says it will be "very difficult" to get Steven Naismith to stay at Hearts long term, but says there's been no discussions about making his loan permanent yet.

I thought the original bid accepted by Norwich was for a permanent deal?

3 hours ago, Erik said:

A quite magnificent signing.

Remember not so long ago when folk were wanting us to keep Jamie Walker rather than accept £300k for him........

If its that £300k which is paying for Naismith to be here, then its by far the preferable scenario.

What do we think the chances of a debut on Sunday are then? Surely pretty high  you would think - SURELY?!?

Great signing. Well on paper it is obviously and as long as his heart is in it, he'll make a huge difference to our threat

However I hope to god we haven't spunked the whole £300k on him, for 20 odd games, around half of which will likely be meaningless dead rubbers.

He MUST play on Sunday or there is no earthly point in us breaking the bank to get him here.

35 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

It absolutely wouldn't. I consider that a pro-Hibs post and it's not welcome or respectful in this forum.

It would be great if we caught Rangers and Hibs got relegated.

18 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Brilliant news. Welcome SN. Delighted and Sunday can’t come quickly enough.

BBC roasters and Jim Whyte will be besides themselves with rage. 

Onwards and upwards as we march on

FTH

Also noticed that Naismith's signing was not headline news in the Scotsman - their big story is that Stokes is getting bumped!

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
5 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Great signing. Well on paper it is obviously and as long as his heart is in it, he'll make a huge difference to our threat

However I hope to god we haven't spunked the whole £300k on him, for 20 odd games, around half of which will likely be meaningless dead rubbers.[\b]

He MUST play on Sunday or there is no earthly point in us breaking the bank to get him here.

Watch out. You'll get pelters for that kind of chat.

7 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

However I hope to god we haven't spunked the whole £300k on him, for 20 odd games, around half of which will likely be meaningless dead rubbers.

Dear oh dear!

5 minutes ago, ISMAparty said:

Watch out. You'll get pelters for that kind of chat.

I couldn't give a shit. We shouldn't be paying one player 15k a game in any circumstances, far less in a league season that's not looking like its finishing where we'd want it to.

59 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

I can’t see us ever winning the league in my lifetime so are all league games meaningless rubbers?

12 minutes ago, JAMMY1980 said:

Craig Levein says it will be "very difficult" to get Steven Naismith to stay at Hearts long term, but says there's been no discussions about making his loan permanent yet.

It will be extremely difficult however on the plus points -

1. He wants to move his family back to Scotland.

2. There are only 2 Clubs in Scotland that would come any where near his £30k wages - Celtic (eh no chance!!) and Rangers....however he is now getting absolute pelters and abuse from the Hun Faithful, so he may not want to go back there now.

3. We can surely out bid Aberdeen, Hibs or anybody else up here.

Gimme an H...
14 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

That's a great attitude.

Season is only half way done and you're already writing it off? If this signing works out as good as it looks on paper it could get us into Europe next season.

Never underestimate the effect a great signing can have on the rest of the team.

Just now, Escobar PHM said:

I couldn't give a shit. We shouldn't be paying one player 15k a game in any circumstances, far less in a league season that's not looking like its finishing where we'd want it to.

"around half of which will likely be meaningless dead rubbers"

You've basically just written off our chances of any cup progression or pushing for third place.......

Surely youve not thought about what youve said or are fishing for pelters cause your bored. 

ridiculous statement 

3 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

FFS whats the problem with that post in your opinion ??

Your whole terminology for a start - "spunked" - nice!!

Also beat Hibs in the cup, and start challenging for a Euro spot, then we won't have "half" our games as "dead rubbers"!!

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

It will be extremely difficult however on the plus points -

1. He wants to move his family back to Scotland.

2. There are only 2 Clubs in Scotland that would come any where near his £30k wages - Celtic (eh no chance!!) and Rangers....however he is now getting absolute pelters and abuse from the Hun Faithful, so he may not want to go back there now.

3. We can surely out bid Aberdeen, Hibs or anybody else up here.

4. He might enjoy his time here and fancy staying. 

1 minute ago, MacPhee said:

4. He might enjoy his time here and fancy staying. 

Indeed!

7 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Is that what we're paying him?

You know that for a fact?

Naismith will have to come off during a game and Escobar will be whipping out the calculator to work out exactly how much it's costing us.     

41 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

No foundation money has been used here. 5k per week

Was talking in future. We have other things to spend our money on at the moment!

28 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Given the difference between 3rd and 4th (and 2nd and 3rd) is about £300k, I'd say it's a price worth paying.

Bear in mind we've got Walker off the wage bill too, which was probably 3-5k a week.

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Bugger off with your condesceding, smarmy comments. 

I know your game smartarse.

So disappear and fillet some cod or whatever it is you lot do up there.

:qqb006:

11 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Is that what we're paying him?

You know that for a fact?

I was responding to the suggestion by another poster that we MAY have spent the Walker money in entirety on Naismith, but you know that, unless you've suddenly lost the ability to read other posts apart from your own.

39 minutes ago, Djnoisy said:

Get the little ? on the training field. He’s got a game on Sunday ???

It's Friday. Train at Tynecastle behind the Wheatfield? Then everyone has lunch at Tynecastle.

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Ignore him chaps he is quite clearly trolling.................

For a long time now.

3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

:kirklol:

34 minutes ago, JAMMY1980 said:

Initial deal was a permanent deal, Norwich then changed thier mind on it. Hense the time taken, to get him in for the derby the only way to get it done in time was a loan move, hearts preffered move was an option in that deal, that didn't happen but don't rule it out. Lots can happen when you have more than 3 days to do a deal.

11 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Welcome back.

I thought you would have learned something from your earlier posts in this thread but obviously not. 

You don't half slaver some shite. 

So you, and others, are happy we're paying a player £15k a game ( if that  was the case) Jesus, short memories of where that got us the last time we did it.

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Your last sentence. It's mate with some Code.  It's Friday. Always fish on Friday. Mutton every other day of the week.

Archived