DPD

Phil Dunphy

Absolutely the worst "delivery" company going.

Has anyone actually had anything delivered on time by these shysters? Parcel didn't arrive Tuesday, as promised. Rescheduled to today and still nothing. 5th or 6th time this year something's been delivered by them and it's not turned up when they've said.

If you work for them, leave. Being unemployed over Christmas would be better than working for them.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Far from the worst that's for sure........ but for a company who were so far ahead of everyone else up till very recently, they do seem to be getting progressively worse and I'm seeing more and more folk unhappy with the service they receive from them.

Its a very high pressure job. Probably TOO high pressure, hence the slip in standards - whats being asked of the drivers is borderline impossible these days.

See, I've had dealings with companies like UKMail, who're pretty shite. But they've been easier to deal with than DPD.

Last time I tried to call them, the wifey was rude as **** down the phone to me when I told her my parcel hadn't been delivered. 

Had a telly delivered by a bloke from AO.com who drove up from Durham on Sunday morning, was here before 9am, great service. They could learn a lot.

6 minutes ago, Erik said:

Far from the worst that's for sure........ but for a company who were so far ahead of everyone else up till very recently, they do seem to be getting progressively worse and I'm seeing more and more folk unhappy with the service they receive from them.

Its a very high pressure job. Probably TOO high pressure, hence the slip in standards - whats being asked of the drivers is borderline impossible these days.

Nah, they turn up to your house and post a 'you were not in' slip through the door. It isn't impossible to just take the parcel up instead of the note.

I've also had them sending me photos of other people's houses as proof a wasn't in. Incompetent, unhelpful and unaccountable. Rubbish service.

Got a text yesterday from DPD re a package I was expecting to say their driver would be with me between 13:35 and 14:35 - he arrived at 13:45! No complaints from me.

30 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

See, I've had dealings with companies like UKMail, who're pretty shite. But they've been easier to deal with than DPD.

Last time I tried to call them, the wifey was rude as **** down the phone to me when I told her my parcel hadn't been delivered. 

Had a telly delivered by a bloke from AO.com who drove up from Durham on Sunday morning, was here before 9am, great service. They could learn a lot.

I agree - they are defo letting standard slip and there are other companies out there doing awesome jobs.

Like I say, I'm very much of the thought that it all stems from asking too much of their drivers. Whilst your AO driver might have a dozen deliveries to make (granted, not 'easy' deliveries given the size of the objects they deliver), your DPD driver is being expected to make over 100, in some cases over 150 drops a day.

Do the math. That's a delivery every 3 minutes across an 8 hour day.

Even working a 12 hour day, that's still a delivery every 5 minutes.

The pressure these guys are under is unreal.

I totally agree - they have defo gotten worse. Me, and my missus, have both had bother with ghost delivery attempts when we've been home, photos of incorrect houses etc.

I'd still rather have a DPD delivery than a UK Mail one though.

5 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Got a text yesterday from DPD re a package I was expecting to say their driver would be with me between 13:35 and 14:35 - he arrived at 13:45! No complaints from me.

Its the tracking and arranging / re-arranging / collect from a pickup shop side of DPD's service which stops them from being anywhere near the worst company going IMO.

By far the easiest company to obtain a parcel from if you aren't going to be home for a delivery.

3 minutes ago, Erik said:

Its the tracking and arranging / re-arranging / collect from a pickup shop side of DPD's service which stops them from being anywhere near the worst company going IMO.

By far the easiest company to obtain a parcel from if you aren't going to be home for a delivery.

In fairness that is true. When it works DPD are good but my god when I goes wrong it really really goes wrong.

I've had roughly 10 deliveries from them in the last couple of years. 4 have been excellent, 1 was poor but they at least let me know early in the day and redeliveree when they said the would. The other 5ish have been a nightmare. 

They over promise and then let you down. If you can't do it tomorrow, just say you can't do it tomorrow at the time. Also have humans you can speak to easily via phone.

We’ve had several deliveries by these people and not one has gone smoothly. We are currently waiting for another one and are not feeling confident as it’s already four days late.

DHL on the other hand are first class.

1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Absolutely the worst "delivery" company going.

Has anyone actually had anything delivered on time by these shysters? Parcel didn't arrive Tuesday, as promised. Rescheduled to today and still nothing. 5th or 6th time this year something's been delivered by them and it's not turned up when they've said.

If you work for them, leave. Being unemployed over Christmas would be better than working for them.

Was just talking about them at work.

In my experience, they're the best by a mile. I just find them must easier to contact and manage the delivery. Plus I've genuinely never had a problem with them.

UPS are doing my tits in with an amazon delivery at the moment though.

29 minutes ago, Erik said:

Essentially, what I was trying to say, but much more eloquently put!

Hermes, in my experience...are by far and away the worst Delivery Company.

DPD to date, have been not too bad.

We get DPD into the work most days and always turn up on time. In fact if they turn up slightly before the 1hr timeslot the driver has to wait as it won't let him scan the label until he's meant to be there. Never had a problem with them.

Got speaking to a DPD driver today ,told me he delivered an extra 14 parcels for them and got paid £4 for the privelage , no surprise some of the drivers don't give a shit 

He did turn up at the allocated time for us tho .

The Natural Order

Used DPD quite a few times when buying and selling sometimes fairly expensive camera lenses. Never had any cause for complaint. Picked up/delivered on time, nothing broken.

4 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

AO are excellent and they phone if there is a problem with delivery.

Update: Despite me being in the flat all day, they've just text to say no-one was in.

Some poor minimum wage lackey is going to get ****ing pelters down the phone here.

My mate works for them and he told me that he has that much to get through in a single day that he no choice but to say say people aren't in. Usually people that are a little out of their route and would take more time to deliver to. 

Shocking but not really his fault. The bosses and company should be held accountable for the pish poor treatment and pay the give these guys. 

Samuel Camazzola

I've never had to contact the customer service so can't comment on the service from that aspect. As for the delivery side, it's down to the driver's own competence as they buy into the franchise to get the van and handheld device. They are effectively self-employed and head out to the depot at Newbridge to collect the parcels. 

If anyone has had repetitive poor service from the driver, report it and the driver could likely be removed from the route and replaced by someone capable. 

Called AO again who're going to look into it.

Refunding me £25 as an apology, which is nice but a bit of a shame because it's not their fault that DPD are a wretched excuse for a delivery company.

26 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

My mate works for them and he told me that he has that much to get through in a single day that he no choice but to say say people aren't in. Usually people that are a little out of their route and would take more time to deliver to. 

Shocking but not really his fault. The bosses and company should be held accountable for the pish poor treatment and pay the give these guys. 

He shouldn't have a job delivering stuff for a living if he's not able to deliver stuff.

Should people just keep taking days off work until it's convenient for him to do his job?

53 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Called AO again who're going to look into it.

Refunding me £25 as an apology, which is nice but a bit of a shame because it's not their fault that DPD are a wretched excuse for a delivery company.

I'm guessing they aren't forced to use them, so in fairness it is their fault. You're their customer not DPDs. I actually think that's a bit part of the problem; if big companies stopped using them they'd soon buck their ideas up.

It does appear to really localised in what service you get. Good driver, good results as their tech and procesees seem pretty good. Bad driver in your area and youll just get endless poor service.

4 hours ago, joe.gausden said:

We get DPD into the work most days and always turn up on time. In fact if they turn up slightly before the 1hr timeslot the driver has to wait as it won't let him scan the label until he's meant to be there. Never had a problem with them.

This, get your deliveries to your place of work. They tend to give more of a shit.

Mad Dog Logan

As someone that has been unfortunate enough to be a courier for Hermes I can assure you there are worse companies than DPD. 

My opinion - DPD when collecting from Companies are very good.

I think the delivery DPD ( although the same Company ) are under HUGE pressure when delivering to a private address 

Just my opinion 

Elias Henry Furst

its nothing to do with the company and It’s all to do with the driver/franchisee.

Some care. Some don’t.

Some are capable. Some aren’t.

They’re all under severe pressure. Some can deal with it. Some can’t.

DPD are pretty decent round my way.

UK Mail are awful.

Parcel Force are abysmal, they've messed up their last two deliveries to me. Told complete lies with the first one (said I wasn't in and didn't answer the door or the buzzer). Unfortunately for them I was home all day and could prove they didn't press my buzzer. 

Monday morning they sent me a text about a delivery giving me options, I chose 2: take it to a local post office. Get home and the tracking says they were unable to deliver because I wasn't home and there would be a card with instructions. No card, and proof again they hadn't even tried my buzzer. It went out for delivery again on Tuesday and they actually tried to deliver it this time. They took it out in Wednesday again but didn't try to deliver it and finally took it to a post office as instructed. No card though, and I had to phone them again to find out where it was. Joke of a company.

DPD, for me, have always been bang on.

Hour deliverys slots and the ability to actually speak with someone on the phone.

Far worse out there.

Someone in my street must drive for DPD. Van seems to be there all the time..  Got an email from Amazon few weeks ago your parcel has been delivered.  Eh, looked it was on the doorstep.. Never bothered ringing the bell..  One time I opened the door as Royal Mail were posting you were not at home card. Didn’t even have the parcel...

I always find DPD spot on. I have Steve and Steven do my route and I’ve never not had a parcel delivered when they said they would.

16 hours ago, Craig_ said:

DPD and Yodel seem to be in a battle for worst delivery company. UPS close behind.

I've read some bad reviews concerning Yodel however the 2 times I've used them there hasn't been a problem.

I think they are the best.Well pleased when Amazon use them instead of there own shit service.Get a time slot and it's always there in that time slot.

16 hours ago, Never Let Them Forget said:

DPD the best delivery company for me always on time. Yodel on the other hand :mad:

Agree. Dpd’s communication on the delivery of your parcel and their multiple options of collecting from pick up points IMO makes them the best out there.

yodel on the other hand are a disaster and if I learn the company I am ordering from uses then it makes me consider if I would order from there again. So many bad experiences.

Brick Tamland
1 hour ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Hermes are magic...

...they can make things disappear

Came back to a Hermes message - it’s in the green bin. 

That would be the green bin that was in the front garden waiting to be emptied by the recycling lorry and lo and behold it was emptied with the Hermes parcel in it...there’s dense and there’s dense 

Apparently DPD had to handle 1,000 more parcels than anticipated this year.

What a ****ing shame, I bet their bosses are gutted at the extra business.

3 hours ago, Irufushi said:

Hermes the worst in my area.

They seem to think my address doesn't exist. Things fall into a black hole for a fortnight and then they give them back to the vendor. 

On 12/1/2017 at 13:46, Morgan said:

We’ve had several deliveries by these people and not one has gone smoothly. We are currently waiting for another one and are not feeling confident as it’s already four days late.

Different class.

Having said that I've had stuff delivered a few times by DPD and no problems, stuff turns up on time as forecast and in one case they came back to my house  on the same day to drop off a package.  Yodel are beyond the pail - my daughter had a horrendous experience and I've heard loads of complaints about these drivers.  the problem  is that these guys are self employed and they get paid a pittance per parcel.  How they make a living I don't know.  The only way to fix this is to refuse to contact the delivery company. It's the sellers problem - just call them and tell them if  you don't get the package you will call your credit card company and cancel he purchase. You don't have a "contract" with the delivery company , the seller does.  

22 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Different class.

Having said that I've had stuff delivered a few times by DPD and no problems, stuff turns up on time as forecast and in one case they came back to my house  on the same day to drop off a package.  Yodel are beyond the pail - my daughter had a horrendous experience and I've heard loads of complaints about these drivers.  the problem  is that these guys are self employed and they get paid a pittance per parcel.  How they make a living I don't know.  The only way to fix this is to refuse to contact the delivery company. It's the sellers problem - just call them and tell them if  you don't get the package you will call your credit card company and cancel he purchase. You don't have a "contract" with the delivery company , the seller does.  

That’s actually quite interesting, thanks.

To be fair though, the DPD delivery men here in France may be differently paid and employed as you say they are in the UK.

On 01/12/2017 at 13:37, Erik said:

I agree - they are defo letting standard slip and there are other companies out there doing awesome jobs.

Like I say, I'm very much of the thought that it all stems from asking too much of their drivers. Whilst your AO driver might have a dozen deliveries to make (granted, not 'easy' deliveries given the size of the objects they deliver), your DPD driver is being expected to make over 100, in some cases over 150 drops a day.

Do the math. That's a delivery every 3 minutes across an 8 hour day.

Even working a 12 hour day, that's still a delivery every 5 minutes.

The pressure these guys are under is unreal.

I totally agree - they have defo gotten worse. Me, and my missus, have both had bother with ghost delivery attempts when we've been home, photos of incorrect houses etc.

I'd still rather have a DPD delivery than a UK Mail one though.

All true, very high expectations are targets and this reflects in the way they drive on the road.

Never had any problems with them tbh. Always turned up when they said. 

Suppose problems can arise from new builds which aren’t on sat navs yet.

one of my colleagues used to work for them, said something about guys with longer service got to pick their deliveries (cos they get the earlier shifts with seniority), meaning the newer guys will be left with areas like Wester Hailes, Gorgie and Leith, meaning they’ve got more flats to do, with less experience, meaning they will be slower. Could be shite though, might have picked him up wrong.

On 01/12/2017 at 14:46, Morgan said:

Email received today from DPD.

Apparently, ‘all’ we have to do is enter our tracking number into their system and it will reveal why our parcel is now six days late.

Slight problem with that. We don’t have a tracking number.

Their phone lines are open on a Sunday from 10.00am until 4.00pm. We called. They’re closed.

Archived