DPD

Phil Dunphy

On 03/12/2017 at 19:02, iantjambo said:

Never had an issue with DPD.

Hermes however :seething:

Those ***** Hermes again.

We ordered a toy pram online for our niece but when we tried to build it, it was faulty. The company told us it would be collected by Hermes the following day (Thursday) and once it was back in their warehouse they would release the refund.

Thursday: Hermes don’t turn up. Give them a call and they say it’ll definitely be collected tomorrow.

Friday: Hermes don’t turn up. Give them a call, driver didn’t have the collection address (aye ok, why not phone us and ask then? Fuds). Definitely getting picked up tomorrow.

Saturday 6.55pm: Hermes haven’t showed up. Can’t wait to hear what the excuse is today.

Absolute disgrace of a courier service.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

Those ***** Hermes again.

We ordered a toy pram online for our niece but when we tried to build it, it was faulty. The company told us it would be collected by Hermes the following day (Thursday) and once it was back in their warehouse they would release the refund.

Thursday: Hermes don’t turn up. Give them a call and they say it’ll definitely be collected tomorrow.

Friday: Hermes don’t turn up. Give them a call, driver didn’t have the collection address (aye ok, why not phone us and ask then? Fuds). Definitely getting picked up tomorrow.

Saturday 6.55pm: Hermes haven’t showed up. Can’t wait to hear what the excuse is today.

Absolute disgrace of a courier service.

Find their nearest distribution centre and pay them a visit. 

6 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Find their nearest distribution centre and pay them a visit. 

Been told to wait 24-48 hours. Went a bit mental and got disconnected from live chat :lol:

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

Been told to wait 24-48 hours. Went a bit mental and got disconnected from live chat :lol:

I'm not surprised you went mental with the way they have treated you.

6 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I'm not surprised you went mental with the way they have treated you.

It’s their attitude that pisses me off more than anything. They act as if you’re the **** for daring to complain.

I’m normally a really patient guy and I accept that there can be hiccups every now and again but it’s every bloody time with them.

8 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

contact the company you bought it from, telling them all this and state you want the refund now or you will go to trading standards

Just now, milky_26 said:

contact the company you bought it from, telling them all this and state you want the refund now or you will go to trading standards

Funnily enough the wife said the exact same thing about 10 minutes ago.

Phoning them tomorrow.

Hermes are the worst shower of arseholes in the delivery world. 

DPD sent a pal of mine a sorry letter and cookie because they complained about a late delivery.

Buy a few times a year online......the Hermes lads have been great for me...returned later in the day with package....

You'll find out today if you read the 'Not before time' exposé of Amazon.

Drivers sitting at depot from 730 and not getting hame til 9/10pm, (If going by the book)£120 a day less tax, diesel (no amazon don't refund it, 30p a mile) and van hire.

The pressure on delivery drivers are fecking disgraceful, but complain they're out the door. So that's why you'll get drivers doorstepping, blue binning etc...

Maybe lazy barstewards who expect 5 star service of these slaves, should go to the fecking shops themselves. If there's one mob I'd love to go under, and their managers jailed it's Amazon.

I'm actually surprised noone has been done in. Yet!

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Drivers sitting at depot from 730 and not getting hame til 9/10pm, (If going by the book)£120 a day less tax, diesel (no amazon don't refund it, 30p a mile) and van hire.

The pressure on delivery drivers are fecking disgraceful, but complain they're out the door. So that's why you'll get drivers doorstepping, blue binning etc...

Maybe lazy barstewards who expect 5 star service of these slaves, should go to the fecking shops themselves. If there's one mob I'd love to go under, and their managers jailed it's Amazon.

I don’t expect 5 star service but I don’t expect to be lied to either. 

Don’t tell me that something will be picked up within 24 hours and have me still waiting in all day 72 hours later waiting for it to be picked up. I’m not an unreasonable person and I get that it’s extremely busy at this time of year.

My gripe was more about the stinking attitude of the people at the call centre as opposed to the drivers themselves.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Going shopping must be a real chore for you.

Checking out the goods you are buying are not made in a third world country using child labour.

9 hours ago, ri Alban said:

:wow:

Slaves?

Amazon have kindly sent my latest order with these jokers.

Just went on the Twitter to have a look at what I can expect tomorrow.

It's a top to bottom flood of them apologising to people. Excellent. I'm sure tomorrow will go smoothly.

Still not showed up.

Turns out that the place we ordered it from has a shop at Cameron Toll so just going to return it direct to them myself tomorrow.

The “slaves” can do one.

3 hours ago, Taffin said:

Amazon have kindly sent my latest order with these jokers.

Just went on the Twitter to have a look at what I can expect tomorrow.

It's a top to bottom flood of them apologising to people. Excellent. I'm sure tomorrow will go smoothly.

Good luck, you’ll bloody need it.

3 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Still not showed up.

Turns out that the place we ordered it from has a shop at Cameron Toll so just going to return it direct to them myself tomorrow.

The “slaves” can do one.

Our ‘three day delivery’ showed up last Thursday. 15 days late.

The DPD ‘courier’ thought it a grand idea to leave it on the pavement outside our house. Without a signature required.

’Slaves’ can do one.

I like how we're meant to feel sorry for these lads, who rarely do their job properly.

They've loads to do, wah!

:facepalm:

Just last week we got a delivery note from DPD through the door saying "the package has been left behind the bush"

It wasn't. 

I take it back. It's my first DPD delivery to my new address and it's here before 11.30 with a nice friendly driver. All despite the snow!

Delighted I obviously have a good guy on my new route.

The Future's Maroon
On 03/12/2017 at 19:02, iantjambo said:

Never had an issue with DPD.

Hermes however :seething:

Aye, they barstewards.....order a pair of trainers two weeks ago, come home from work and just sitting on doorstep...no card, no attempt to give to a neighbour and delivered before the arranged time.

Made another order for trainers, shoes and a couple of jumpers (over £160), due to be delivered on Saturday, which they were....by being left on doorstep again, this time though I was in and the git didn't even knock the door. I checked my emails to see it was delivered at 14:15 on Sat through my letterbox? How do you put shoeboxes through a letterbox? So I thought feck them, called the company I had made the order from and told them I hadn't re them....now have an extra pair of shoes/trainers and couple jumpers in a cupboard for when the first ones get done, wrong I know, but I did ask who takes the hit on this and they said the delivery company.

23 hours ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Aye, they barstewards.....order a pair of trainers two weeks ago, come home from work and just sitting on doorstep...no card, no attempt to give to a neighbour and delivered before the arranged time.

Made another order for trainers, shoes and a couple of jumpers (over £160), due to be delivered on Saturday, which they were....by being left on doorstep again, this time though I was in and the git didn't even knock the door. I checked my emails to see it was delivered at 14:15 on Sat through my letterbox? How do you put shoeboxes through a letterbox? So I thought feck them, called the company I had made the order from and told them I hadn't re them....now have an extra pair of shoes/trainers and couple jumpers in a cupboard for when the first ones get done, wrong I know, but I did ask who takes the hit on this and they said the delivery company.

The Courier driver always takes the hit. That's why the systems ****ed.

Heartsmad1874

Currently dealing with UPS for a delivery, Website gives no tracking information and scheduled arrival date as when i go onto the page it asks for a state (obviously America) which is impossible for me to provide.

On 12/13/2017 at 11:08, SE16 3LN said:

The Courier driver always takes the hit. That's why the systems ****ed.

Because it's their responsibility ,  they are self employed. 

1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Because it's their responsibility ,  they are self employed. 

Because some fat lazy ****er can't be arsed going to the shops and expects the package to be delivered securely when they're sitting down the boozer pissing it up. 

Jam Tarts 1874

I never get anything delivered to the house now, not since the last time when a DPD driver climbed over a 6 foot fence to leave a package in one of our wheelie bins.

1 hour ago, SE16 3LN said:

Because some fat lazy ****er can't be arsed going to the shops and expects the package to be delivered securely when they're sitting down the boozer pissing it up. 

It’s these “Fat lazy ****ers” that keep them in a job.

If those 'fat laser ****ers' didn't order stuff to be delivered, then all these "slaves" would be unemployed.

If they're so hard done by in these jobs, get another one. It's not rocket science.

Jambof3tornado

Hermes have my parcel as out for delivery from edinburgh at 0831 and at 1209 its marked as 'due to weather or a natural disaster' your package may not be delivered!!! I stay near Alloa so I'm assuming its a natural disaster holding things up as the weather is fine!!

They are all the same. *****.

Jambof3tornado

And another parcel due doesnt arrive as DPD couldnt find my address, which they found ok last week and 3 times last month and 20 plus times in the last year.

****in useless *****.

Shanks said no

Took a day off today for parts of my new kitchen to be delivered

DPD for AO promised 1517 - 1617 and it arrived at 1630 so not bad, having read this thread I pounced on the boy as soon as he reached the gate

IKEA delivery was scheduled 0700-1900 then they text me and say 1637 - 1937 and it arrived at 2150, yes 10 to 10. what an utter waste of a day. By the this point my son and I had been to pub and back and we were on the vodka. IKEA customer services advertises as up to 2200 but actually closed at 1700 when you call it.

Jambof3tornado
26 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Have never understood home delivery shopping. Much prefer to go into the shop and see. Occasionally do click and collect, so I know I can get it when I want. The home delivery stuff just seems like hassle!

Groceries I go into shops for but everything else is pretty much done online after some research. 9/10 its all ok but occasionally things go to pot!!

On ‎15‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 16:36, Phil Dunphy said:

If those 'fat laser ****ers' didn't order stuff to be delivered, then all these "slaves" would be unemployed.

If they're so hard done by in these jobs, get another one. It's not rocket science.

There were weeks I worked 60 hours and got a lot less than the dole and every day I had to deal with half witted, arrogant pricks who sounded just like you. You're too far up your own arsehole to realise there are times in people's lives when they don't have many choices.

On ‎15‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 16:22, iantjambo said:

It’s these “Fat lazy ****ers” that keep them in a job.

Sorry if you're offended but  I didn't know you were a fat lazy ****er. Now see post below and try and let reality sink into your delicate wee brain.

3 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Sorry if you're offended but  I didn't know you were a fat lazy ****er. Now see post below and try and let reality sink into your delicate wee brain.

Just quoting your words sunshine.

Basically because you were earning a pittance then the customer has absolutely no right to criticise?

Once again, I wasn’t having a go at the driver but the customer services who strung me along with lie after lie.

14 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

There were weeks I worked 60 hours and got a lot less than the dole and every day I had to deal with half witted, arrogant pricks who sounded just like you. You're too far up your own arsehole to realise there are times in people's lives when they don't have many choices.

8 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Goodness, this is going well.

2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Just quoting your words sunshine.

Basically because you were earning a pittance then the customer has absolutely no right to criticise?

Once again, I wasn’t having a go at the driver but the customer services who strung me along with lie after lie.

You were insulting the low paid from your arrogant castle on the hill. **** off

9 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

sunshine, if you cant provide the service that is being paid for you should not be doing the job

2 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

He really wasn’t.

2 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Arrogant castle on the hill? :rofl:

i work in a minimum paid job you ******* idiot and guess what? If I do a shit job and someone criticises me then I take it on the chin.

Obviously unlike courier drivers, poor little lambs.

Perhaps if your lot did their jobs properly, folk wouldn’t criticise them. 

I’d rather be an arsehole who does his job properly than someone who claims delivery drivers are slaves ffs. 

:laugh:

6 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

I’m a delivery driver , not a bad gig at all tbh. 

Deepest apologies if I’ve hurt your feelings at any point in this thread.

:P:D

10 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Deepest apologies if I’ve hurt your feelings at any point in this thread.

:P:D

Numerous times :muggy: 

So, Irufushi is hurt, Ian is apologetic, SE16 3LN is angry and I got my parcel 11 days late. All courtesy of DPD.

:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

So, Irufushi is hurt, Ian is apologetic, SE16 3LN is angry and I got my parcel 11 days late. All courtesy of DPD.

:thumbsup:

11 days late? :rofl:

Don’t you dare criticise them though :ninja:

20 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Perhaps if your lot did their jobs properly, folk wouldn’t criticise them. 

I’d rather be an arsehole who does his job properly than someone who claims delivery drivers are slaves ffs. 

:laugh:

you've got a job?:sterb147:

Archived