Iconic 78 shirt for pre order

Maroon Sailor

Folk love a go at the club eh:lol:

I’m sure it was the club that chose the limit , definitely wasn’t the people that make it, no chance, definitely not, Budge is a cow amirite??

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

With them scheduled to come out before Christmas I would expect a few nutty Ebay sales in December.

Can you imagine the seethe when it happens :)

Definitely. I’d be tempted to buy another for £100 and sell it years down the line for more.

WorldChampions1902
2 minutes ago, Texia said:

Folk love a go at the club eh:lol:

I’m sure it was the club that chose the limit , definitely wasn’t the people that make it, no chance, definitely not, Budge is a cow amirite??

Your assertions are based on what........exactly....???

Got one for myself today after being gutted on missing out on initial release, I've got a feeling there will be more limited editions(not just strips, JR's whisky as example) be fast or miss out. Mad budge retail pal oot.

WorldChampions1902
5 minutes ago, escobri said:

Got one for myself today after being gutted on missing out on initial release, I've got a feeling there will be more limited editions(not just strips, JR's whisky as example) be fast or miss out. Mad budge retail pal oot.

Yawwwn........

I wonder how Seventies authentic it will be? Will it 'catch' on your fingernails and be covered in hundreds of 'baubles' after one or two wears?! Will you need to buy a Remington 'Fuzzaway' to go with it?

Will the collar burst when you pull it over your head like the original? 

Will it melt if you sit in front of a two bar electric fire?

If if it doesn't do anything of these things and they've missed these details, I'm not getting one. I'm out. 

6 hours ago, Jessjambo said:

I wonder how Seventies authentic it will be? Will it 'catch' on your fingernails and be covered in hundreds of 'baubles' after one or two wears?! Will you need to buy a Remington 'Fuzzaway' to go with it?

Will the collar burst when you pull it over your head like the original? 

Will it melt if you sit in front of a two bar electric fire?

If if it doesn't do anything of these things and they've missed these details, I'm not getting one. I'm out. 

Handy bit of kit the fuzzaway, I've got mine at the ready!

The strategy used for the 78 shirts is a similar the one shops like Size?, Hanon, Oi Polloi  End etal sell their limited edition reissues of classic adidas trainers. I've always thought part of the reason for small the quantity produced was probably due to up front production costs and also  if something is exclusive it will sell out in a few hours

Like others have said for future retro releases Hearts should do a proper presale running for a few weeks before shirts have been produced ( like the FOH shirt,)  that way Hearts have the money to pay umbro up front and the shop is not left with VR era levels of unwanted stock. 

I'm guessing our Umbro deal will be for 2 years so Hearts will need to get cracking on the retro range just in case our Umbro deal is not extended beyond the 2 years. 

20171125_063424.jpg

Had my Dad down at the club store at 9am.  He was 5th in the queue and they only had small left.  Ah well, perhaps they'll bring out the away strip from that season.

sunblestjambo

Just seen one. Can confirm they size up quite big ( I’d say getting on to a full size up).  They also look a lot more authentic than I’d anticipated.  The material is quite woven almost thin jersey like.  I think the Remington fuzz-away will be getting dug out.  

People seem absolutely certain that the number of strips made available is solely down to the club. 

What's to say that it wasn't Umbro who limited the amount available?

3 hours ago, vintage1874 said:

Handy bit of kit the fuzzaway, I've got mine at the ready!

The strategy used for the 78 shirts is a similar the one shops like Size?, Hanon, Oi Polloi  End etal sell their limited edition reissues of classic adidas trainers. I've always thought part of the reason for small the quantity produced was probably due to up front production costs and also  if something is exclusive it will sell out in a few hours

Like others have said for future retro releases Hearts should do a proper presale running for a few weeks before shirts have been produced ( like the FOH shirt,)  that way Hearts have the money to pay umbro up front and the shop is not left with VR era levels of unwanted stock. 

I'm guessing our Umbro deal will be for 2 years so Hearts will need to get cracking on the retro range just in case our Umbro deal is not extended beyond the 2 years. 

20171125_063424.jpg

How did you manage to get a Remington Fuzz-Away in maroon and white packaging?

...a bit disco
27 minutes ago, Jessjambo said:

How did you manage to get a Remington Fuzz-Away in maroon and white packaging?

Limited edition maybe?

:wink:

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, coatbridgejambo said:

anyone any idea what time the shop is open until before kickoff ?

1pm mate.

Nelly Terraces

Does anyone know if there's any left in Small? If so then it's a jaunt to the shop for NT to get 1 ordered.

Dunno why I arsed around like a total dick on the 1st batch - tw&t!

Bound to release another "limited" edition but just a little bit less limited. Standard marketing, drive demand and don't initially satisfy it. 

2 hours ago, sunblestjambo said:

Just seen one. Can confirm they size up quite big ( I’d say getting on to a full size up).  They also look a lot more authentic than I’d anticipated.  The material is quite woven almost thin jersey like.  I think the Remington fuzz-away will be getting dug out.  

Maybe my xl will size up to a 3xl , well maybe not.:huh2:

Nelly Terraces

Nice 5 mile run incorporating a diversion to HMFC Club Shop to purchase 1 of these nifty numbets.  Being a skinny freak a small will fit like a glove.

Lovely jubbly.?

Spoiler

sunblestjambo
2 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Nice 5 mile run incorporating a diversion to HMFC Club Shop to purchase 1 of these nifty numbets.  Being a skinny freak a small will fit like a glove.

Lovely jubbly.?

Reveal hidden contents

Doing my first ever marathon in May.  Depending on its weight I might wear this bad boy. 

...a bit disco
26 minutes ago, sunblestjambo said:

Doing my first ever marathon in May.  Depending on its weight I might wear this bad boy. 

If it's totally '78 authentic then your nips will be in big trouble.

sunblestjambo
3 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

If it's totally '78 authentic then your nips will be in big trouble.

Blood doesn’t show on a maroon jersey :thumbsup:

HeartsInMyBlood
On 24/11/2017 at 18:29, socrates82 said:

I wanted a shirt and missed out but this "Shirt-gate" thread is the Hearts support in microcosm right now. Hearts try to do something nice for their fans and they get accused of own goals and all sorts. Like with everything, including the stand, these days it seems they're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Yup, the same support that has bailed the club out and gave us a future....

How dare we be peeved

Maroon Sailor
8 minutes ago, HeartsInMyBlood said:

Yup, the same support that has bailed the club out and gave us a future....

How dare we be peeved

Well said

Nothing like looking after the very people who went that extra mile to make sure the club is still alive today

10 hours ago, Chris72 said:

Had my Dad down at the club store at 9am.  He was 5th in the queue and they only had small left.  Ah well, perhaps they'll bring out the away strip from that season.

I was number 3 and no larges left. :vangry:

It's good they advertised it in the programme today.

Long after they sold out.

• 2 weeks later...

any idea when these are getting sent out?

i stupidly ordered 2 advent calendars and a bauble for the tree on the same order and the kids are getting impatient

Captain America
On 12/6/2017 at 12:40, DETTY29 said:

Not sure about sent out but collections are anticipated 2nd full week of December.

So this week then?

Maroon Sailor
7 minutes ago, C-3PO said:

So this week then?

Someone who went to the shop recently was told the 15th December

Captain America
5 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Someone who went to the shop recently was told the 15th December

Thanks.

33 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Phoned today and I was told Friday haha

Think orders will be sent out on Friday but collections Sat.

Or so I was told. 

On 13/12/2017 at 19:05, PTBCAL said:

Think orders will be sent out on Friday but collections Sat.

Or so I was told. 

Are they likely to communicate this or did you get a bit of in know tipoff?

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

This.

4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I was contacted by Hearts re moving my seat for Sunday and the lady said she was told the strips were ready for collection Sat. 

30 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

I was contacted by Hearts re moving my seat for Sunday and the lady said she was told the strips were ready for collection Sat. 

Ah fair enough.

Cheers.

...a bit disco
3 minutes ago, Paolo said:

No email confirmation received yet. Anyone else?

Nope.

Captain America
2 minutes ago, Paolo said:

No email confirmation received yet. Anyone else?

Nothing recieved as of yet.

I have chosen Click and collect option.

Hoping it ready to pick up before Sunday as I not planning to be in Edinburgh before Xmas apart from game.

Just back from shop.

Strips are in but speaking to the staff I would not be confident they will be ready to collect or send out tomorrow.

Just passing on what was hinted to me. They all have to be boxed and sorted. 

Just been told by shop that collections start on Monday after 12 maybe! Strips are in, they just have to be packed  into presentation boxes. 

bigis semiauskas

Wednesday now for collections according to staff this morn.although im wearing mine now as they kindly looked it out for me . 

Thought it might have been cotton but it's Nylon. 

Good top thou! 

Archived