• Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, kila said:

Unfortunately? 

:vrface:

1 minute ago, kila said:

Unfortunately? 

:vrface:

Yes unfortunately, why on earth would I want all the roasters in here getting one? ? 

2 minutes ago, Jamos said:

Are those going to be more exclusive because there will only be 200 of them then? lol

Should charge £55.00 instead.  

16 hours ago, Nikoliunas said:

Managed to order 1 for my dad's Christmas and thinking of getting Busby's number on the back, what number did he mainly wear?

queensferryjambo

I presume the other 200 sold out as well?

Hearts really need to put the edition up to 1000 or just make it an open edition for whoever wants to order it.

Simple answer is make the open edition the shirt only with no box or certificate,

Captain America
3 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

I presume the other 200 sold out as well?

Hearts really need to put the edition up to 1000 or just make it an open edition for whoever wants to order it.

Simple answer is make the open edition the shirt only with no box or certificate,

Doubt they will have sold out this fast as only available from club shop. 

Maroon Sailor

Beginning to think this was the plan all along

Only 500 be quick or dip

Sell like hot cakes and then fire another 200 in to the oven

Disappointing that more have been released after the initial statement that it was limited to 500. Very sneaky of the club to remove the first article too which it seems has only been done because of their decision to release more shirts...unless someone can tell me that the club remove days old articles through normal process.

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Hearts_fan said:

It's great that they've made some more of these strips available.

Even better that it has drawn out some jealous vermin as well

They could only dream of a shirt like that

...a bit disco

Hope my certificate will be amended to 'Not as limited edition as originally stated'.

sunblestjambo
11 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Disappointing that more have been released after the initial statement that it was limited to 500. Very sneaky of the club to remove the first article too which it seems has only been done because of their decision to release more shirts...unless someone can tell me that the club remove days old articles through normal process.

To be fair to the club I’ve just re-read the original page (it was still sitting on an unclosed window on my iPad). On the assumption that the club didn’t know if Umbro could churn out more in time for Xmas then it would have been pretty poor patter to continue to market something at the time they didn’t think they could restock. 

1 minute ago, jamboiain13 said:

Of course the £250 profit you make on these will be donated to the TRF...good man!

of course. I'll be investing it in hearts. or more specifically pints and charlie before hand.

queensferryjambo
22 minutes ago, C-3PO said:

Doubt they will have sold out this fast as only available from club shop. 

Sorry hadn't realised it was only available in store.

Another clever idea from Hearts to get people into the shop before Christmas.

2 minutes ago, sunblestjambo said:

To be fair to the club I’ve just re-read the original page (it was still sitting on an unclosed window on my iPad). On the assumption that the club didn’t know if Umbro could churn out more in time for Xmas then it would have been pretty poor patter to continue to market something at the time they didn’t think they could restock. 

The original article stated that it was limited to 500. There was no ambiguity and it wasn't about Umbro being unable to produce more. That's just the amount the club had agreed on.

2 minutes ago, HMFCNial said:

of course. I'll be investing it in hearts. or more specifically pints and charlie before hand.

I hope Charlie appreciates the gesture ?

500 Limited Edition buyers:

:verysmug:  :smugger: :jjyay: :yas:   :scenes::gocompare::ruiner:

Then 200 more went on sale:

:seething::wtf::what::arry::turmoil::silviodamn::muggy::sob::lenny::jjno:

...a bit disco
5 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

500 Limited Edition buyers:

:verysmug:  :smugger: :jjyay: :yas:   :scenes::gocompare::ruiner:

Then 200 more went on sale:

:seething::wtf::what::arry::turmoil::silviodamn::muggy::sob::lenny::jjno:

You ain't no Block S soldier bruv.

32 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

It isn’t normal process.  

I bought one more because I like it more than for nostalgia or because it was a limited edition.  

I am therefore not upset more are being released, though Hearts could have got out of criticism by releasing the top only, with no certificate or box (which I doubt most are fussed about anyway).  

Removing the original article could, however, give the impression they are hiding something, which they don’t really need to do. 

I don’t get the campaign they’ve chosen for this item. 

I don’t know why you’d decide to go all limited edition on an item pretty much guaranteed to sell in thousands. Why miss that opportunity? Pick something else, something less iconic and less on trend. Pick something limited by time - this one would sell all year, and probably longer too. It’s a design folk have been after for AGES and retro stuff is massively popular. 

I don’t know why it’s in a box with a certificate, or what the significance of the timing is. 

I don’t know how they’re justifying in-store ordering only when it wasn’t just a few days ago. It seems a very blatantly cynical (a bit like this post I suppose) attempt to increase shop footfall around payday weekend but it’s likely to irritate people. 

Edit: they probably also have to be careful going back for second bites at “limited edition” items. Might lose impact for other limited items future. 

:unsure:

Maroon Sailor

I got one because it's my favourite home shirt of all time. Took 40 years to re-produce it but at last Umbro have seen sense. Not bothered about the box or COA.

Hope they produce as many of these shirts as required

Now for the Silver away top ....

sunblestjambo
2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

The original article stated that it was limited to 500. There was no ambiguity and it wasn't about Umbro being unable to produce more. That's just the amount the club had agreed on.

Maybe didn’t articulate my point clearly enough. There’s no ambiguity about the initial allocation - it was clearly 500 and would have been agreed by the club when the order was originally made.  The point I’m trying to make (and you may be privy to inside info which counters my assumption - happy to be corrected) but I suspect rather than some arbitrary number pulled out of a hat by the club, that the additional 200 was more influenced by the ability of Umbro to service the extra numbers in what is an already tight pre Xmas timeline for production.  Some others on this forum have mentioned previously but I’ve heard lead times of 6 or more months for replica shirt production so little more than a 2 week turnaround is reasonably impressive. Again I’m no authority on replica kit production but I’d imagine the new release/summer window and the pre Xmas period will be the busiest for manufacturers. 

With the benefit of hindsight the club underestimated the demand for this particular item however with the shirt being the fourth top (not including goalie and training kit) that we’ve released in the last few months and the fact that we’ve had 2 cracking retro themed home tops in the last few years, then I actually think shifting 500 in a matter of hours was way at the top end of most reasonable expectations.  All, purely my opinion of course. 

6 minutes ago, redm said:

I don’t know why you’d decide to go all limited edition on an item pretty much guaranteed to sell in thousands. Why miss that opportunity? Pick something else, something less iconic and less on trend. Pick something limited by time - this one would sell all year, and probably longer too. It’s a design folk have been after for AGES and retro stuff is massively popular. 

I don’t know why it’s in a box with a certificate, or what the significance of the timing is. 

I don’t know how they’re justifying in-store ordering only when it wasn’t just a few days ago. It seems a very blatantly cynical (a bit like this post I suppose) attempt to increase shop footfall around payday weekend but it’s likely to irritate people. 

Edit: they probably also have to be careful going back for second bites at “limited edition” items. Might lose impact for other limited items future. 

I tend to agree.  

I would have been delighted if this was our actual top for this season.  

Mind the really bored looking kid in Gregory's Girl who turns up for trials wearing this kit... A Hearts top in the greatest Scottish film ever made! He wasn't the one picking his nose by the way.

24 minutes ago, redm said:

Been in and ordered one, no queue, 

30 minutes ago, Paolo said:

I tend to agree.  

I would have been delighted if this was our actual top for this season.  

And with the proper badge and not the Pieman effort which I've never liked. 

PSMix_2017-01-28-11-25-59.jpg

40 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Tennants Soccer Sixes winners in the silver kit?

FB_IMG_1511534172138.jpg

55 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I got one because it's my favourite home shirt of all time. Took 40 years to re-produce it but at last Umbro have seen sense. Not bothered about the box or COA.

Hope they produce as many of these shirts as required

This one you mean ;) It is a stunner isn't it?

Silver 86.png

5 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Managed to sneak a look at one when I was down there.

Quality.

Lighter shade of maroon than current.

Got 3 ?

So they actually have them physically in store? I thought they weren't ready until mid-December.

9 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

So they actually have them physically in store? I thought they weren't ready until mid-December.

It was in the back - a sample to gauge sizing etc..

A 78 Large is bigger than the large re current strips. 

19 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

It was in the back - a sample to gauge sizing etc..

A 78 Large is bigger than the large re current strips. 

Ah I see. A marginal difference or easily noticeable?

Maroon Sailor
36 minutes ago, Jamos said:

This one you mean ;) It is a stunner isn't it?

Silver 86.png

Needs to happen. Seen decent non Umbro retro shirts of this so it's easily achievable

Theme From Sparta F.C.

Just been into the club shop at 1530.

They still have plenty of S, M and L sizes available to order. But only two XL's left.

28 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Ah I see. A marginal difference or easily noticeable?

Being a buff medium it's hard to tell. Noticeable I would say. 

13 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Being a buff medium it's hard to tell. Noticeable I would say. 

Don’t tell me that.  I ordered large for myself as I was borderline between the two going by the online size chart.   Would love to for comfortably in a medium again. 

3 hours ago, redm said:

Umbro probably only agreed to make a limited amount, most likely not down to the club. 

HeartsInMyBlood

Massive own goal by the club in making something like this limited to 500. Should have been a ballot or competition. At least give people a fair chance.

Plus the extra 200 available in the shop only with hardly any notice. How many fans can get to gorgie at the drop of a hat.

If this is how they are going to market stuff now , they can stick it. I'm well pissed off at how they have gone about this.

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, HeartsInMyBlood said:

Massive own goal by the club in making something like this limited to 500. Should have been a ballot or competition. At least give people a fair chance.

Plus the extra 200 available in the shop only with hardly any notice. How many fans can get to gorgie at the drop of a hat.

If this is how they are going to market stuff now , they can stick it. I'm well pissed off at how they have gone about this.

It could have been done better.

13 minutes ago, HeartsInMyBlood said:

Yup, agreed.  Left a real sour taste in my mouth.

By the time I get to gorgie tomorow the shop will be closed.  

Doesn’t seem right to sell something as a limited edition only 500 available then hide the advert and announce another 200 available from the shop. 

Own goal in my opinion.

1 minute ago, DVB said:

Doesn’t seem right to sell something as a limited edition only 500 available then hide the advert and announce another 200 available from the shop. 

Own goal in my opinion.

Stupid to limit a booming commercial success to just 700. 

Absolute madness. 

Hearts fans hsve talked about having a quality version of this top for years and so the club produces one yet limits sales to 700. At christmas. 

:facepalm:

Whoever runs the commercial dept needs their head read.  

I wanted a shirt and missed out but this "Shirt-gate" thread is the Hearts support in microcosm right now. Hearts try to do something nice for their fans and they get accused of own goals and all sorts. Like with everything, including the stand, these days it seems they're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

I will always associate that silver strip with Dens so it's a definite no from me. Flashbacks and all that.

5 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

I wanted a shirt and missed out but this "Shirt-gate" thread is the Hearts support in microcosm right now. Hearts try to do something nice for their fans and they get accused of own goals and all sorts. Like with everything, including the stand, these days it seems they're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Should have had bigger sizes:huh2:my xl will now have to be framed along with the certificate, anyway adults should not wear footie 

tops, aye right:laugh:

Archived