Iconic 78 shirt for pre order

Maroon Sailor

They are definitely on the large side. I may have a spare XL. I’m normally L or XL so ordered both just in case. Looks like the L fits me best. If my mates aren’t looking for one would be delighted to make someone’s Xmas and sell it on at face value. 

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, el_jambo74 said:

They are definitely on the large side. I may have a spare XL. I’m normally L or XL so ordered both just in case. Looks like the L fits me best. If my mates aren’t looking for one would be delighted to make someone’s Xmas and sell it on at face value. 

Tried to PM but you can't receive messages. Would definitely be interested if you're selling a spare XL.

Cheers

9 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Cheers buddy. Sounds like they're all a size up then - obviously have to try it on 1st but there will probably be a small going back to the shop or I'll flog it on here for cost price. 

Yeah. I’d put on a bit weight recently, so was concerned the small wouldn’t fit, but was plenty room. Also shop said no returns as I had a medium as well. Just in case. Gave it to my mate. 

Nelly Terraces
10 hours ago, cmonthegorgie said:

If it doesnt fit and you dont have somone in mind I would gladly take it off your hands. Drop me a pm.

I will do mate - let me try it 1st & see what I think. I'lL let you know either way.

1 hour ago, Koolkeith said:

Yeah. I’d put on a bit weight recently, so was concerned the small wouldn’t fit, but was plenty room. Also shop said no returns as I had a medium as well. Just in case. Gave it to my mate. 

Gotcha the KK - try not to lose weight now though!? If you wanted to return your top you'd have 28 days from taking possession of it to do so as per Hearts own blurb on the online shop plus I think its consumer law anyway. Sounds like most of us who aren't happy with the size will be able to pass onto someone else though as per message above, but a pain in arse mind you. This is Umbros fault - no idea why they've deviated from a standard sizing for this garment.

I ordered a large thinking they may be tight.. luckily the wife ordered me a medium (unbeknownst to me at the time!)

So I have two turning up - hoping one is a good fit:D

alwaysthereinspirit
2 hours ago, Koolkeith said:

Don't come on here saying you've put on A BIT of weight recently and then tell us the small is plenty roomy. :P WT actual F.

Some of us are scared the XL might not fit.

7 minutes ago, Mollo said:

I ordered a large thinking they may be tight.. luckily the wife ordered me a medium (unbeknownst to me at the time!)

With every post my optimism grows that I may yet be able to purchase a spare!!! :)

2 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

With every post my optimism grows that I may yet be able to purchase a spare!!! :)

Gogs, you can have my large at cost price if you like.

2 hours ago, Koolkeith said:

I am not sure a ‘no returns policy’ is legal under Distant Selling laws, which this comes under.  

4 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Gogs, you can have my large at cost price if you like.

Fantastic, Sooperstar. Can I arrange to meet at derby? I'm always at top of Wheatfield stairs for about half an hour before games. Thank you.

21 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Fantastic, Sooperstar. Can I arrange to meet at derby? I'm always at top of Wheatfield stairs for about half an hour before games. Thank you.

I'm round in the Main Stand mate but can definitely meet you somewhere before it.

3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I'm round in the Main Stand mate but can definitely meet you somewhere before it.

Lovely jubbly. I'll PM over the weekend. Thanks again. 

GorgieRulesApply

anyone got a medium that doesn't fit? would be willing to pay or I've got an L/XL spare available to swap if people want (all depends on what size my dad is on christmas day). 

GorgieRulesApply

15 hours ago, Tony Soprano said:

Ordered a medium but if they are as big as everybody is saying I could really have done with a small.

if it's too big give me a shout and I will buy it off you if you're selling 

GorgieRulesApply
1 hour ago, Mollo said:

if the large is fine i will buy the medium if you're selling 

1 hour ago, GorgieRulesApply said:

anyone got a medium that doesn't fit? would be willing to pay or I've got an L/XL spare available to swap if people want (all depends on what size my dad is on christmas day). 

sent you  PM GRA

Captain America

Picking mine up tomorrow or Saturday.

I ordered Large. I in between Medium and Large and this thread now giving me the fear the Large is going to drown me. :mellow:

I ordered medium and was concerned that it would be a tight fit as I had to go up to a large for this seasons official top.  However as others have said they are a large fit and I was delighted when I tried it on and discovered it was a good fit.

special agent oso

I bought my top from the first batch, at the counter today the girl grabbed a certificate from next to the til and put it in the box, When I got home I've discovered I've got 2 certificates numbers 467 of 700 and 677 of 700. 

20171221_162631.thumb.jpg.83a3d01b45449e3dd0d4898483e4a518.jpg

8 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

Tried to PM but you can't receive messages. Would definitely be interested if you're selling a spare XL.

Cheers

Yeah likeky to return the XL. Not looking to profit from this financially but a good mate is looking for a derby ticket for the 27th. It’s a long shot but if anyone has a spare derby ticket and is willing to use that as a makeweight to make up the £50 they’d get priority. I’ve cleared out my messages so you should be able to PM me. Anyway PM if interested. 

24 minutes ago, special agent oso said:

I bought my top from the first batch, at the counter today the girl grabbed a certificate from next to the til and put it in the box, When I got home I've discovered I've got 2 certificates numbers 467 of 700 and 677 of 700. 

20171221_162631.thumb.jpg.83a3d01b45449e3dd0d4898483e4a518.jpg

I'

1 hour ago, C-3PO said:

I ordered Large. I in between Medium and Large and this thread now giving me the fear the Large is going to drown me. :mellow:

hope my xl drowns me, i rather doubt that though.

if anyone has a large that they now no longer want due to sizing issues I would be happy to buy at face value. long shot I know but if you never ask etc etc

29 minutes ago, el_jambo74 said:

Yeah likeky to return the XL. Not looking to profit from this financially but a good mate is looking for a derby ticket for the 27th. It’s a long shot but if anyone has a spare derby ticket and is willing to use that as a makeweight to make up the £50 they’d get priority. I’ve cleared out my messages so you should be able to PM me. Anyway PM if interested. 

Thank you. Sooperstar has agreed to sell me his large. 

I'll get in touch if I hear of any tickets for next week though...

Maroon Sailor
1 hour ago, C-3PO said:

Chest wise I would say the Large is 44 inch

34 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

if anyone has a large that they now no longer want due to sizing issues I would be happy to buy at face value. long shot I know but if you never ask etc etc

Would be happy to sell my large to you maroons. It’s just that bit too big for me and it’s looking like I can’t get a swap for a medium. 

All as it was when I collected it. Tried on once and back in the box. Still interested? Not sure if I can even return it to the club shop or not?

2 minutes ago, roscogt1 said:

Would be happy to sell my large to you maroons. It’s just that bit too big for me and it’s looking like I can’t get a swap for a medium. 

All as it was when I collected it. Tried on once and back in the box. Still interested? Not sure if I can even return it to the club shop or not?

Hang in there. I might be swapping my M for an L. Can let you know tomorrow 

Just now, Jessjambo said:

That would be fantastic Jess. Very reluctant to be handing this back so a swap would be great. Keep me posted! Cheers. 

Captain America
22 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Chest wise I would say the Large is 44 inch

Which would make it a XL according to the size guide for current home top

image.png.37cb18c2b89f10c6a5d7e3212272a84c.png

6 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Don't come on here saying you've put on A BIT of weight recently and then tell us the small is plenty roomy. :P WT actual F.

Some of us are scared the XL might not fit.

Haha. Roomy was probably an exaggeration. I’m a short @rse though. Looks great on. 

59 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Thank you. Sooperstar has agreed to sell me his large. 

I'll get in touch if I hear of any tickets for next week though...

Cheers mate. That’d be appreciated. My mate is gutted he’s not got a ticket yet. 

Maroon Sailor
21 minutes ago, C-3PO said:

Which would make it a XL according to the size guide for current home top

image.png.37cb18c2b89f10c6a5d7e3212272a84c.png

It would but the L for this year's home shirt is no where near 41-43  more like a 38-40

Captain America
3 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

It would but the L for this year's home shirt is no where near 41-43

I'll try it on when I pick it up and see.

Not looking good though.

:thumbs_down:

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, C-3PO said:

I'll try it on when I pick it up and see.

Not looking good though.

:thumbs_down:

A couple of washes and it'll fit like a glove !

Maroon Sailor

OK I got a L Scotland 78 diamond shirt earlier this year and measured it up against the 78 Hearts shirt.

Not much difference at all, but as I alluded to before the collar is the problem for me with the Hearts one. Scotland one much tighter and neater.

Size wise the Hearts one is just slightly wider in the body.

alwaysthereinspirit
51 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

Haha. Roomy was probably an exaggeration. I’m a short @rse though. Looks great on. 

Hoping to get mine delivered this week.

Any overseas members had theirs delivered yet?

1 hour ago, Jessjambo said:

ok no probs. just take your time. if you can great but in fairness if you can get the swap it's obviously better for you. I'll be at Perth on Saturday if you're going up Cheers

32 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

ok no probs. just take your time. if you can great but in fairness if you can get the swap it's obviously better for you. I'll be at Perth on Saturday if you're going up Cheers

Cheers maroons. Hopefully I’ll get a swap but you’re first dibs if it falls through. Planning on being hungover on Saturday so won’t manage Perth but will be at the derby on the 27th. 

...a bit disco

Just tried mine on (M).

Definitely generous fitwise. I think the problem is that not only is the design retro, the sizing seems to be too, with a looser fit.

2 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Just tried mine on (M).

Definitely generous fitwise. I think the problem is that not only is the design retro, the sizing seems to be too, with a looser fit.

If you want a swap maroons is after my large. Easy £50 return for you disco!! 

...a bit disco
3 minutes ago, roscogt1 said:

If you want a swap maroons is after my large. Easy £50 return for you disco!! 

Think I'm alright.

Small would be a bit neat and large would have me drowning!

:lol:

Anyway...

'maroons is after my large'

:oohmatron:

18 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Think I'm alright.

Small would be a bit neat and large would have me drowning!

:lol:

Anyway...

'maroons is after my large'

:oohmatron:

???

6 minutes ago, Jessjambo said:

I might be after your large one!

I'll be shocked if the large isn't too big on me tomorrow!! 

Who knows though, I do love pizza!!

Carl Weathers

These definitely run pretty big. I'm usually a large in most brands but medium fits me well. 

Does the shop accept returns of these?

Folk do realise if they return to the shop they arent going to get one back in a different size. Im not sure they would even be allowed to sell the returns. Its a limited edition that sold out. If your size is too big get some pies and beers down you and fill it out. My xl look very generous size wise but gives me room for xmas excess! 

Archived