Sectarian singing

Selkirkhmfc1874

1 hour ago, Killinman said:

For the first time in 40 years I left a Hearts match early. We were completely outplayed in the second half....that I can take. What I can't stomach was rendition after rendition of up to your knees in Fenian blood , surrender or you'll die, my fathers orange sash and I was born under a Union flag. So I left during the Sash completely disgusted that these English loving Catholic hating cretins are allowed to get away with this. As for the Hearts fans condoning it and saying their support was wonderful!!!!!! If we had been winning 3 1 ours would have been like the 4 1 game at Tynecastle this year.

So what have you got against the English?

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Group of them on the train through from Glasgow were belting out some pretty sick stuff:  songs about Scott Brown's dead sister and Tommy Burns being together in hell; racist songs about Dembele; songs counting down the deaths of the Lisbon lions; songs about paedophiles.

Absolutely vile. Fair play to the conductor who went and told them to stop or else he would be phoned the police.

1 hour ago, Killinman said:

For the first time in 40 years I left a Hearts match early. We were completely outplayed in the second half....that I can take. What I can't stomach was rendition after rendition of up to your knees in Fenian blood , surrender or you'll die, my fathers orange sash and I was born under a Union flag. So I left during the Sash completely disgusted that these English loving Catholic hating cretins are allowed to get away with this. As for the Hearts fans condoning it and saying their support was wonderful!!!!!! If we had been winning 3 1 ours would have been like the 4 1 game at Tynecastle this year.

Did you walk out of Easter Road when the away end was belting out Hello Hello?

I'm not that fussed about Rangers or Celtic fans songs and the lyrical content just washes over me.  

Murrayfield expanses showed yesterday that we really miss the intimacy of Tynecastle as our own fans' voices were lost.   

Stupid Sexy Flanders
15 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I just think it is more laughable than offensive. Grown adults making fools of themselves is amusing to most modern outward looking folks.:smile:

This is where I'm at. I used to get worked up about it, now I just think it's funny/tragic. 

Singing about the RAF and that, just baffling. :lol:

I have never known anyone in person, away from online forums who is actually "offended" by singing at a football match. I've asked this question before and never had a clear answer, what does it feel like? Does it ruin the day? Do you go and sulk for the next week? I just need something to give me an idea.

Normally it just spurs on those around you to belt out a tune.

MacDonald Jardine
3 hours ago, Killinman said:

If you've been going for 40 years you'll have heard much worse than yesterday. 

ToadKiller Dog

The Orc support behaved exactly as I and everybody expected, it was basically a big day out for them, what's it they call it a sash bash or bigotfest.

Its seems though their narrow world view is in vogue in parts of the western world. 

They won't be punished they never are. 

Giving over so much of the tickets to the Ugly sisters always gives them an advantage, they are loud and see their teams as some sort of political cause it's the zenith of their world view for many.  

US other clubs don't have or can match that. 

It's made us some money but never want to see 14000 of them near Edinburgh again. 

3 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

The Orc support behaved exactly as I and everybody expected,

It's made us some money but never want to see 14000 of them near Edinburgh again. 

Spot on, self inflicted by giving them so many tickets but we got extra cash which is always a bonus. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
19 minutes ago, Ill Ray said:

This is where I'm at. I used to get worked up about it, now I just think it's funny/tragic. 

Singing about the RAF and that, just baffling. :lol:

I'm sure the TV watchers from outwith of the OF bubble would have had a good chuckle as it put a bit of slapstick comedy into their early Saturday afternoon viewing.:thumbsup:

11 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

If you've been going for 40 years you'll have heard much worse than yesterday. 

What I don't get is the folk greetin like bairns over something that has happened home and away from Rangers supporters for decades. 

14 hours ago, Currahee! said:

Who cares. Rangers being Rangers. Celtic are Celtic. It's what happens.

They back their teams which sadly we don't.

That's life sadly.

And that'll never change. 

10 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Of all the things that pissed me off today, a bunch of sad pricks singing shite is very much bottom of the list. 

Maybe the pussy whipped hearts 'support' could try outsinging these dicks, but that would never do.

Feel sorry for the OP, what a completely embarrassing whinge.

This guy gets it, great post?

All roads lead to Gorgie
38 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

I'm not that fussed about Rangers or Celtic fans songs and the lyrical content just washes over me.  

Murrayfield expanses showed yesterday that we really miss the intimacy of Tynecastle as our own fans' voices were lost.   

I noticed the upper tier of the north stand seemed to create the best acoustics in the Dons and Orcs matches. We missed a trick maybe by using the bottom section of the west rather than the upper. It would have been a better view for those of us located low down there as it gives a terrible perspective of the game and you can't even see where the far touch line is. Only one game left so no point now.

8 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I noticed the upper tier of the north stand seemed to create the best acoustics in the Dons and Orcs matches. We missed a trick maybe by using the bottom section of the west rather than the upper. It would have been a better view for those of us located low down there as it gives a terrible perspective of the game and you can't even see where the far touch line is. Only one game left so no point now.

Agree, but as you say, one more game and then we're done. 

If I was placed in the lower south stand, I'd simply walk round to the east and find a nice seat in the upper deck. 

ToadKiller Dog
8 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Agree with that, the hearts support in the bottom of the west sing, I am in the south just to the right and the sound struggles to reach where I am, clearly they are trying but the acoustics from there are crap. 

The sooner we are back home the better. 

34 minutes ago, VALDOS said:

I have never known anyone in person, away from online forums who is actually "offended" by singing at a football match. I've asked this question before and never had a clear answer, what does it feel like? Does it ruin the day? Do you go and sulk for the next week? I just need something to give me an idea.

Normally it just spurs on those around you to belt out a tune.

This place/thread is full of folk like that so you SHOULD get a reply. 

17 hours ago, NewYorkFleaPit said:

Like it or lump it, the Rangers support was highly impressive. Couldn’t give a toss about what they were singing as it doesn’t bother me in the least.

Me neither, I remember in the not too distant past we had a similar noisy support. We live in a society now where people are actually LOOKING for things to be offended by.

15 minutes ago, Billybuffjaw said:

Me neither, I remember in the not too distant past we had a similar noisy support. We live in a society now where people are actually LOOKING for things to be offended by.

And that's why our support sucks!!!! 

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I honestly couldn’t give a shit what they sang about. I’m more concerned about the state of our team. Horrible viewing yet again.

Nelly Terraces
6 minutes ago, Gavsy Van Gaverson said:

I honestly couldn’t give a shit what they sang about. I’m more concerned about the state of our team. Horrible viewing yet again.

Totally agree. Didn't hear 1 single mention of this from anyone post match, not even an issue - but of course everyone had a load to say about how utterly dire we are at the moment. I honestly don't know why someone's 1st instinct is to come on the Internet to whine about some nasty words - they'd be better off concentrating their efforts in trying to get our mute like support to outsing these Sevco ****s.

17 hours ago, VALDOS said:

Today was exactly what most imagined when you Invite 14k opposition fans along. Its an all out party.

We all know what the bigot brothers bring to away games,anyway for the one and only time I'd like to thank the zombies for paying the bill for hiring Murrayfield when they need the money so badly themselves cheers guys

17 hours ago, Hearts lad said:

I'm in the same place, folk getting on their high horse about something that's been happening for decade's sums up the sort of fans we attract now, constantly looking to pump up the seethe level. 

You're seething about folk seething. 

12 hours ago, The Gorgie Gatsby said:

I am a Catholic and I find it sickening.  Just like I find Celtic fans glorifying the IRA and all the other pish they belt out when we play them sickening.

You two must be smoking the good stuff if you really believe there is a pro Celtic bias on here.  Apart from certain posters who can't hide their massive stauner for all things Ibrox, most Hearts fans take the correct view, which is to despise both halves of the OF in equal measure.

The vast majority of people don't care if you are a Catholic, or in equal measure, you're a Protestant, Jew, or a Muslim.

Where you feel the right to feel offended, the same should be afforded by you to those who offend. We live in a democracy dear boy.        

2 minutes ago, Billybuffjaw said:

The vast majority of people don't care if you are a Catholic, or in equal measure, you're a Protestant, Jew, or a Muslim.

Where you feel the right to feel offended, the same should be afforded by you to those who offend. We live in a democracy dear boy.        

Which is precisely the sentiment of what TGG said.

Couldn't make any sense of the second sentence.

13 hours ago, The Gorgie Gatsby said:

I am a Catholic and I find it sickening.  Just like I find Celtic fans glorifying the IRA and all the other pish they belt out when we play them sickening.

You two must be smoking the good stuff if you really believe there is a pro Celtic bias on here.  Apart from certain posters who can't hide their massive stauner for all things Ibrox, most Hearts fans take the correct view, which is to despise both halves of the OF in equal measure.

Missed my point entirely mate, I don't think there is a pro Celtic bias on here - quite the opposite actually.

My point was aimed at those praising the Rangers fans for their support, no way would they be saying the same thing if it was 14,000 Celtic supporters singing their sectarian shite.

To me they are both a stain on our country 

Stephane Grappelli
1 hour ago, Billybuffjaw said:

:what:

Think you've totally missed my point lad.  I'd answer your second sentence if I could figure out what the heck you're on about.

Stephane Grappelli
40 minutes ago, graygo said:

Missed my point entirely mate, I don't think there is a pro Celtic bias on here - quite the opposite actually.

My point was aimed at those praising the Rangers fans for their support, no way would they be saying the same thing if it was 14,000 Celtic supporters singing their sectarian shite.

To me they are both a stain on our country 

Sorry mate, my apologies, I picked you up wrong.

yabadabadoo1874again

Sectarian? racist? bigot?

Condone the former then your very much onside with the others.

I'm stunned by the amount of Hearts fans not offended by their behaviour yesterday. I heard songs about Scott Brown's dead sister, songs about the pope and about paedophile's. To not be offended says a great deal about some of our own support.

I'm just glad it's over the most they'll get in the future is one stand at Tynie. 

I was at Murrayfield yesterday for my 1st trip up of the season. I was as sickened as anyone by the crap being sung from the North Stand but what exactly do people expect if we give the Orcs 14,000 tickets? I supported the move as £300k net additional windfall income would have been foolish to refuse. Take the blue pound and brace yourself for what we got.

I haven't read or heard or seen any trouble around the occasion so I think we did the right thing. Of far greater concern was our utterly disgraceful performance in the 2nd half. An absolutely shameful display, wholly and totally unworthy of the club. There was no fight of urgency that I could see after we fell behind. 

MacDonald Jardine
4 hours ago, Helzibob said:

I'm stunned by the amount of Hearts fans not offended by their behaviour yesterday. I heard songs about Scott Brown's dead sister, songs about the pope and about paedophile's. To not be offended says a great deal about some of our own support.

I'm just glad it's over the most they'll get in the future is one stand at Tynie. 

Didn't hear the Scott Brown song or anything about paedophiles. 

There also wasn't a lot about the Pope compared to previous years.

zoltan socrates
4 hours ago, Helzibob said:

most sensible people brush them off as arseholes

those offended to the point that they want to broadcast their hurt had the choice of doing something about it, did they?

a football terrace is not an environment where people need walk on eggshells, songs are often churned out to antagonise the opposition, this needs to be accepted, it is a tribal affair

if one is easily offended  by the songs of arseholes then perhaps use the family section or look at another sport or even better just grow a thicker skin

I hate sectarian singing, outdated and wrong. Both Rangers and Celtic fans should be equally ashamed. It causes division, bigotry, hatred, distrust etc etc. and its all to do with religion, half of them wouldn't no Derry wall if it fell on them, if both glasgow teams went to play in the English leagues, Scottish football would be in a better place, and yes i know its not all fans, i have a few squaddie mates who support Celtic and hate the so called Green Brigade, embarrassment of the highest order, i prey it never gets a foot hold at Tynecastle and  the stupidity of some Hearts supporters singing "were up to our necks in ........" when we have Catholic players!

MacDonald Jardine
12 minutes ago, samcdonald22 said:

I hate sectarian singing, outdated and wrong. Both Rangers and Celtic fans should be equally ashamed. It causes division, bigotry, hatred, distrust etc etc. and its all to do with religion, half of them wouldn't no Derry wall if it fell on them, if both glasgow teams went to play in the English leagues, Scottish football would be in a better place, and yes i know its not all fans, i have a few squaddie mates who support Celtic and hate the so called Green Brigade, embarrassment of the highest order, i prey it never gets a foot hold at Tynecastle and  the stupidity of some Hearts supporters singing "were up to our necks in ........" when we have Catholic players!

Up to our necks in what?

I've never heard that once.

If you mean the Hello Hello song, how many of our players could be described as "fenians"?

There's an automatic assumption that people don't know what they're singing about but that term has quite a specific connotation. 

I doubt the movement was massive anywhere outside the UK and Ireland. 

Possibly the US.

45 minutes ago, zoltan socrates said:

most sensible people brush them off as arseholes

those offended to the point that they want to broadcast their hurt had the choice of doing something about it, did they?

a football terrace is not an environment where people need walk on eggshells, songs are often churned out to antagonise the opposition, this needs to be accepted, it is a tribal affair

if one is easily offended  by the songs of arseholes then perhaps use the family section or look at another sport or even better just grow a thicker skin

What an absolutely dreadful post.

What was the view like from the North Stand yesterday ?

Did you join in the sing song ?

As for doing something about it . Is that not what the Police are supposed to do ?

MacDonald Jardine
9 minutes ago, luckydug said:

As for doing something about it . Is that not what the Police are supposed to do ?

What for?

The White Cockade

always have to laugh when the usual suspects come out with the "why are people offended with what Rangers supporters sing"  easily offended mantra

they are the ones usually frothing at the mouth going when the Celtic hordes come calling and sing their jolly repertoire of "folk" songs

hopefully the majority of us detest the sectarianism of both these sets of supporters and more importantly the way both Clubs have never clamped

down on it and of course how the SFA and Scottish League total ignore it

No read all the thread sorry but I thought the Rangers fans sang loud dont know the tunes a s such but they made a racket thats for sure, no big deal ...be worried if I never went to a game because the away fans sang

zoltan socrates
47 minutes ago, luckydug said:

My first sentence stat3d i thought these people were arseholes so why would i join in their singing? Obviously it bothered you enough to react so what did you do about it? If you dnt react they lose their power but you would rather have the public hissy fit and do sfa instead?did you report it to the police? I thought they had to act once something is reported

bizzare person

The uvf lovers like the ira lovers want you to be offended by their songs thats why they sing them. Probably a breach of the peace charge or two would shut them up outside the ground as has been done on a few train journeys in the past 5 years ot so. The fact they get away with it inside the ground is down to the SFA.  Much as I hate them and their songs I don't seethe about simply pity their small minds.

Hearts fans copying them is worthy of condemnation though.

More concerned with our performances on the park than to worry about the weegie bigot scum.

Shooter McGavin

Cringy behavour to be honest. Used to find it a bit shocking now I just feel a bit sorry for people that get some sort of high out of it.

1 hour ago, EIEIO said:

The uvf lovers like the ira lovers want you to be offended by their songs thats why they sing them. Probably a breach of the peace charge or two would shut them up outside the ground as has been done on a few train journeys in the past 5 years ot so. The fact they get away with it inside the ground is down to the SFA.  Much as I hate them and their songs I don't seethe about simply pity their small minds.

Hearts fans copying them is worthy of condemnation though.

More concerned with our performances on the park than to worry about the weegie bigot scum.

Anyone who thinks it’s only weegie bigot scum has never followed hearts away from home.

9 hours ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Didn't hear the Scott Brown song or anything about paedophiles. 

There also wasn't a lot about the Pope compared to previous years.

Well, if you didn't hear it then maybe it didn't happen.

And if the pope singing wasn't as bad compared to previous years then I would consider this all a complete non sectarian success. 

What a great result for Scottish Football. 

Let's face it, people who sing sectarian songs without being aware that the Pope and and King Billy were on the same side in the Siege of Derry in 1690 belong in the same dustbin as the ones who thing Hibs have always been a Catholic team and Hearts a Protestant one (as opposed to Leith v Edinburgh).

They're thick as mince and no amount of discussion, legislation or policing will make the slightest difference. They'll still be around. The best you can hope for is that they'll find tiddlywinks more interesting. Which might just happen until someone works out a way to beat Celtic.

Archived