Sectarian singing

Selkirkhmfc1874

Whats not agreeing with sectarian singing got to do with being part of the PC brigade?

Sectarian singing just isnt funny. Its not what we should be hearing when you go along to a game of football. Especially from a group of people that couldnt even point out Ireland on a map. 

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

I just posted on another thread about sectarian songs, but you will ignore that. 

I think sectarian songs are out of date and have no place in modern society. 

Good if you're against such songs.  I missed your post on the other thread.

Hopefully you'll join me in condemning the scum who spewed out the sectarian bile almost non stop today from the Rangers end at Murrayfield. 

3 minutes ago, ADAM said:

Hopefully you'll join me in condemning the scum who spewed out the sectarian bile almost non stop today from the Rangers end at Murrayfield. 

You seriously need to get out more. 

2 hours ago, NewYorkFleaPit said:

Like it or lump it, the Rangers support was highly impressive. Couldn’t give a toss about what they were singing as it doesn’t bother me in the least.

Tend to agree. Wish we were more vocal. Sure I could here the sweetie papers rustling.

5 minutes ago, ADAM said:

Good God, how much clearer can I be? I do not support or condone sectarian singing, chanting, banners or beliefs. 

Which, incidentally, is what I have always posted on here. 

1 minute ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

Good God, how much clearer can I be? I do not support or condone sectarian singing, chanting, banners or beliefs. 

Which, incidentally, is what I have always posted on here. 

He's on his high horse bud, no need to explain yourself AGAIN just for his benefit. 

How soft as shite has the world became when there offended by a song  by a song think about it i don't like shadupp o yer face bye Joe Dolce i think i'l start a thread discriminating against Italian stereotypes grow up they out sung us it was like how we would be at a semi final and the sooner were out of that place the better 

Who cares. Rangers being Rangers. Celtic are Celtic. It's what happens.

They back their teams which sadly we don't.

That's life sadly.

4 minutes ago, Hearts lad said:

He's on his high horse bud, no need to explain yourself AGAIN just for his benefit. 

He is always, always on his high horse!! He appears to only post on here to be able to be offended by or disgusted by someone or something. 

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Maybe most of our fans are “pc”

they made a racket and as mentioned already who gives a shite what they’re singing, I would suggest most of our older fans sang the same things, like it or not!!

So is singing racist songs or throwing banans at black players ok? If not why not? Serious question

Does it make most of our  fans  'PC' to be against racism and the racism of old or is it ok to say "who gives a shite" ?

4 minutes ago, ADAM said:

So is singing racist songs or throwing banans at black players ok? If not why not? Serious question

Does it make most of our  fans  'PC' to be against racism and the racism of old or is it ok to say "who gives a shite" ?

If being honest I was probably a "90 minute" bigot many many years ago, like thousands of others.

Of course times have changed but i can't say I get in a lather because 14 thousand sing their party songs.

Violence and Vandalism is another matter...

PS I do like a banana

PeterintheRain
45 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

I just posted on another thread about sectarian songs, but you will ignore that. 

I think sectarian songs are out of date and have no place in modern society. 

He was in amongst his beloved Sevconians.   Condemned from his own mouth too.  Anybody who states in a public forum that they have great times singing along with their rangers friends is a Hum. Not an if, but or maybe about it. They are  Hun and should be vomited forth from this place ASAP.

10 minutes ago, ADAM said:

So to answer the Op Post - no, nothing will be done with what they sing as like it or not they are part founders of the GFA or should I say SFA institution

Point 2 - ur asking questions on here about throwing bananas at black players or singing racist songs and asking if it's alright - I would suggest if you need the benefit of a forum to get your answer then you need to have a word

yabadabadoo1874again
30 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

So to answer the Op Post - no, nothing will be done with what they sing as like it or not they are part founders of the GFA or should I say SFA institution

Point 2 - ur asking questions on here about throwing bananas at black players or singing racist songs and asking if it's alright - I would suggest if you need the benefit of a forum to get your answer then you need to have a word

30 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

I think the point is at what end of the scale is that  'shite' ok?

He / she knows that answer obviously...but anyone who can't see the actual question is the actual problem. 

28 minutes ago, Kyle Lafferty said:

I’m guessing Bobby Sands is “deed” ? They only mentioned it about 20 times

Never heard anything about a chicken supper though. 

13 minutes ago, yabadabadoo1874again said:

He / she knows that answer obviously...but anyone who can't see the actual question is the actual problem. 

Exactly...

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

is the sash and derrys walls on the banned list?

i thought most of what they sang was ok with some obvious exceptions 

Frankly I’m more concerned by our dire performance than them singing the same shite they always do except with greater numbers 

N Lincs Jambo
8 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

is the sash and derrys walls on the banned list?

i thought most of what they sang was ok with some obvious exceptions 

I believe the Sash and Billy Boys are on the banned list but not Derry's Walls. On the plus side I didn't hear the Famine Song...

Ok so they sang their shite songs.... we sang but not a lot ( which is also shite) Worse than that,  found  out today we are going to be sat beside the mobile phone gang in the new stand .... oh joy!  no songs, no decent football and a different ringtone every 5 mins.....

2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Couldn’t care less what they sing. At least they get behind their team.

Don't talk mince. Very few Rangers songs were sung. Morons actually sing songs against religion of a lot of their own team, crazy way to back their team imo.

7 minutes ago, marriott said:

Don't talk mince. Very few Rangers songs were sung. Morons actually sing songs against religion of a lot of their own team, crazy way to back their team imo.

The players won’t give a shit. All they’ll hear is a wall of noise coming from their support.

4 hours ago, Hearts lad said:

Why don't you get a life! 

OP has certainly riled the more caveman-esque element of the thread.

The Real Maroonblood
14 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

OP has certainly riled the more caveman-esque element of the thread.

:laugh:

Doctor FinnBarr
2 hours ago, andi17 said:

How soft as shite has the world became when there offended by a song  by a song think about it i don't like shadupp o yer face bye Joe Dolce i think i'l start a thread discriminating against Italian stereotypes grow up they out sung us it was like how we would be at a semi final and the sooner were out of that place the better 

They used to sing a song to that tune, something to do with 40 people dying in a Dublin disco (a fire, early 80s I think)

Not sure what people are making a fuss about really .Give a monkey a bucket of shite and then react angrily when the monkey throws the shite at the wall. Like I said on another thread Ann Budge obviously saw 90 minutes of sectarian bile as a small price to pay for reducing the new stand overspend or she wouldn't gave given them 14k tickets.  

Geoff Kilpatrick
13 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

If we’d won 3-0 today would this thread be on here.

Precisely. Not saying that the OP isn't right to bring it up but the interest in the standard Orc songbook is lessened if we beat them.

Stephane Grappelli
4 hours ago, hueyview said:

This.  I was at the Platform bar when a group turned up, at back of 11.  Stood at the front indoor tables, watched the telly. Good as gold. They started singing when they crossed the road. A catchy tune, as a catholic I did not feel offended.

I am a Catholic and I find it sickening.  Just like I find Celtic fans glorifying the IRA and all the other pish they belt out when we play them sickening.

4 hours ago, graygo said:

Asked this on another thread but probably more suited in here.

Would the same response be given if it was 14,000 Celtic supporters singing their sectarian shite?

3 hours ago, Boab said:

Different thread though, mate. The hooped demons would be given credit for bringing 14k if it was them but chastised on this thread for choice of songs.

So, the same really !

You two must be smoking the good stuff if you really believe there is a pro Celtic bias on here.  Apart from certain posters who can't hide their massive stauner for all things Ibrox, most Hearts fans take the correct view, which is to despise both halves of the OF in equal measure.

2 hours ago, yabadabadoo1874again said:

I get the point he was trying to make but who specifically said in any previous posts it was alright to sing stuff like that

So so why bring it up - The Op post was in reference to what Der Hun were singing 

A mean who even mentioned the black players and banana thing and saying it was alright that he thought to reference it or even ask the question? 

he also pretty much made the same comment on the vocal fan singing support thread which was going on at the same time ... again I don't know why it was brought up as no one had said it was alright but bananas black players and sectarian singing was raised again

I just don't see why the poster needs to raise comments on the topic of sectarianism constantly within our own support and on every thread available as it's constantly raised 

weekend offender

I heard Hullo Hullo being belted out fi OUR end against the tramps on Tuesday with fenian blood being sung but some are crying about big bad gers fans 

yabadabadoo1874again
8 minutes ago, The Gorgie Gatsby said:

I am a Catholic and I find it sickening.  Just like I find Celtic fans glorifying the IRA and all the other pish they belt out when we play them sickening.

You two must be smoking the good stuff if you really believe there is a pro Celtic bias on here.  Apart from certain posters who can't hide their massive stauner for all things Ibrox, most Hearts fans take the correct view, which is to despise both halves of the OF in equal measure.

Gatsby calls it.

Our song is glorious about our team.

More recent Hibs songs also is in that realm.

The sectarianism dripped songs seem to miss the actual team...in fact Rangers dont figure at all...a big fraud against the actual team...who the good guys (decent Rangers fans) we chat to support....!!!? 

Correct me if I’m wrong, but as human beings, are we not capable of being concerned about more than one thing at the same time?  I am absolutely p*ssed off with the performance on the pitch today but I also find the sectarian nonsense from the Glasgow idiots pretty vile as well.

17 minutes ago, The Gorgie Gatsby said:

most Hearts fans take the correct view, which is to despise both halves of the OF in equal measure.

Well said GG

5 hours ago, norrie1952 said:

You certainly like to stir it haha.I will lump it.I would never call der h support impressive.They just have thousands more in grounds when we let them in.

They are good singers right enough but 

what do their songs have to do with football ?

Also are some of their songs not supposed to be illegal these days ?

Wonder how many arrested ?

20 minutes ago, The Gorgie Gatsby said:

Well said GG

I’m neither offended or shocked by the sectarian bile that come from the away end today.What does bother me is 14 year old HEARTS BOY defending it,why don’t you join them and take your mates with you.

5 hours ago, indianajones said:

Whats not agreeing with sectarian singing got to do with being part of the PC brigade?

Sectarian singing just isnt funny. Its not what we should be hearing when you go along to a game of football. Especially from a group of people that couldnt even point out Ireland on a map. 

Ireland , sectarianism is about catholic and protestant differing beliefs of ways to follow the christian religion. Ireland just happens to be a small place in the world where this got tied up in the politics and monarchy of a bigger near neighbour island

3 hours ago, PeterintheRain said:

He was in amongst his beloved Sevconians.   Condemned from his own mouth too.  Anybody who states in a public forum that they have great times singing along with their rangers friends is a Hum. Not an if, but or maybe about it. They are  Hun and should be vomited forth from this place ASAP.

Is using the term “ hun” not as offensive to some as describing someone as a “ fenian” ? 

In one ear and out the other is the best way to deal with their song book ( both of the old / new firm) 

3 minutes ago, obua said:

I’m neither offended or shocked by the sectarian bile that come from the away end today.What does bother me is 14 year old HEARTS BOY defending it,why don’t you join them and take your mates with you.

That's a thing that has always puzzled me. Why do a small minority of fans at Tynecastle get into that crap. If that is really their thing why don't they support The Rangers as defending the Queen and the Protestant faith and all that shit is part of the Rangers culture. It has never been Hearts culture in fact religious bigotry is despised and frowned on by our club.

Why don't these people take the hint and bugger off to somewhere where they would be welcome ?

alwaysthereinspirit
6 hours ago, Hearts lad said:

Anything else?, stop the press... Fans of The Rangers sing sectarian songs at match. 

Not according to our police, our football association or anyone else with any power with a pair of balls who could at least attempt to end it in our country. It's so 1970/80's. 

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

That's a thing that has always puzzled me. Why do a small minority of fans at Tynecastle get into that crap. If that is really their thing why don't they support The Rangers as defending the Queen and the Protestant faith and all that shit is part of the Rangers culture. It has never been Hearts culture in fact religious bigotry is despised and frowned on by our club.

Why don't these people take the hint and bugger off to somewhere where they would be welcome ?

By the way I didn’t mean I wasn’t offended,I meant I’m past caring it’s just so tedious now and as someone else said they do what they want,including mini pitch invasion at second goal.Point proved nearing full time when almost every steward in the ground was moved to the away end,scum.

Nelly Terraces

Of all the things that pissed me off today, a bunch of sad pricks singing shite is very much bottom of the list. 

Maybe the pussy whipped hearts 'support' could try outsinging these dicks, but that would never do.

Feel sorry for the OP, what a completely embarrassing whinge.

2 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Of all the things that pissed me off today, a bunch of sad pricks singing shite is very much bottom of the list. 

Maybe the pussy whipped hearts 'support' could try outsinging these dicks, but that would never do.

Feel sorry for the OP, what a completely embarrassing whinge.

It's a good point 

I just don't get why we keep asking what will be done with it when nothing will be done - it's been happening for decades 

I mean if we are really a club that don't condone religious intolerance then why would we invite 14k of either half of Glasgow to our "home" match and then get our knickers in a knot about what is being sung at the away end - did anyone think this wouldn't have been the case prior to them turning up?

treat the root cause if it's that much of an issue and don't get upset through the symptoms of it 

as a club we have went through our own support and weeded out numerous supporters who partake in this stuff but allow other supports to do whatever they want when they come to us 

personally I think we are far too PC and right now it would be great to focus on getting the atmosphere right and the product right on our own side rather than get upset about what a bunch of dicks sing seeing in the away end as we let them waltz up in their numbers to do it 

We were quite happy to take the revenues from the orcs - just another example of how money talks before morales will kick in is my honest opinion and it stinks of double standards sometimes 

5 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

a lot of the hearts fans utterly despise lots of the imposters in jerseys and some of the other stuff from within tynecastle - there is a disconnect

lots of good stuff at the club but unfortunately lots of bad - the attendances are artificially high post admin and will continue for a time due to new tynecastle novelty 

by the turn of the year the lack of backing will be due to lack of fans if things don't improve drastically on the park

im not sure Mrs budge has quite grasped that the loyalty of these numbers of hearts fans can be expected as an absolute given 

Eh!'!  

Are they still having to guard derry's walls? I'd be a bit sick of it by now and my brain cell would be starting to wonder who I was guarding it against.

Maybe I'm taking it a bit to litererally though.

For the first time in 40 years I left a Hearts match early. We were completely outplayed in the second half....that I can take. What I can't stomach was rendition after rendition of up to your knees in Fenian blood , surrender or you'll die, my fathers orange sash and I was born under a Union flag. So I left during the Sash completely disgusted that these English loving Catholic hating cretins are allowed to get away with this. As for the Hearts fans condoning it and saying their support was wonderful!!!!!! If we had been winning 3 1 ours would have been like the 4 1 game at Tynecastle this year.

Archived