Sectarian singing

Selkirkhmfc1874

Selkirkhmfc1874

Wonder if the press will have the bottle to write about it and more importantly if the sfa will tackle it?

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Wonder if the press will have the bottle to write about it and more importantly if the sfa will tackle it?

Why don't you get a life! 

We really need to get behind our team like they do. (Their songs aside for a minute)

I don't normally like getting involved in these threads because I love my club and fellow fans but something just irked me today.

Our vocal backing is abysmal. We used to have a great support. (I'm not talking about numbers which is fantastic).

5 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

We really need to get behind our team like they do. (Their songs aside for a minute)

I don't normally like getting involved in these threads because I love my club and fellow fans but something just irked me today.

Our vocal backing is abysmal. We used to have a great support. (I'm not talking about numbers which is fantastic).

I'd like to think we'd have been louder at Tynecastle. The splitting of our fans and being miles from the pitch surely doesn't help. As for them, they are all behind the goal together.

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

Thought as much.

Good lad.

Anything else?, stop the press... Fans of The Rangers sing sectarian songs at match. 

Like it or lump it, the Rangers support was highly impressive. Couldn’t give a toss about what they were singing as it doesn’t bother me in the least.

14 minutes ago, Deek said:

The full repertoire today.

Although never got the Penny Arcade as I like to whistle along. 

I'm kind of in that camp.Cos of my age I like Penny Arcade.I really don't know why they've attached themselves to it.Whats the moronic reason ?

Heartsmad1874

Wonder if they'll also be summoned for their mini pitch invasion after the second goal.

Yobs the lot of them:ninja:

Seriously though can't folk go to games and not pay attention to opposition fans :laugh::laugh:

5 minutes ago, NewYorkFleaPit said:

Like it or lump it, the Rangers support was highly impressive. Couldn’t give a toss about what they were singing as it doesn’t bother me in the least.

I'm in the same place, folk getting on their high horse about something that's been happening for decade's sums up the sort of fans we attract now, constantly looking to pump up the seethe level. 

Thought Police
7 minutes ago, norrie1952 said:

I'm kind of in that camp.Cos of my age I like Penny Arcade.I really don't know why they've attached themselves to it.Whats the moronic reason ?

Something about a bunch of catholics getting killed in a penny arcade.

i sincerely apologise if I’m wrong cause that’s dark.

8 minutes ago, NewYorkFleaPit said:

You certainly like to stir it haha.I will lump it.I would never call der h support impressive.They just have thousands more in grounds when we let them in.

1 minute ago, Thought Police said:

If that's right it's pretty sick.I honestly didn't know why.

yabadabadoo1874again
12 minutes ago, NewYorkFleaPit said:

You seem to care about the Rangers support.  That's nice.

It's nice. To be nice.

Oh.

FYI...They are not nice.  Far from nice.

You liked them though and think them highly impressive?

17 minutes ago, norrie1952 said:

Platoon, the Loyalist band, used to sing it and it then caught on and became a regular song at Loyalist/Orange events. 

11 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

It is both dark and very, very sick to make up nonsense like that. 

Big Slim Stylee

I genuinely think there are some who only go so they can get all offended afterwards on a message board.

The biggest surprise is actually is that people are complaining about this, what the hell did anyone expect when you offer them 14k tickets.

to answer the question, absolutely nothing will be done about it, not now not ever.

Thought Police
5 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

I didn’t make it up but I’ve obviously been told incorrect information. Sorry.

Just now, Thought Police said:

I didn’t make it up but I’ve obviously been told incorrect information. Sorry.

Fair enough :thumbsup:

Maybe most of our fans are “pc”

they made a racket and as mentioned already who gives a shite what they’re singing, I would suggest most of our older fans sang the same things, like it or not!!

Lots more to worry about than what the opposition fans sing about. We have more worrying things on our minds and that's making sure the Kilmarnock game becomes an upturn in fortunes.

Didn't bother me as  I have come to accept the low intelligence /intellectual capacity as a common denominator whenever the bigot brothers come to town.

yabadabadoo1874again
24 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Maybe most of our fans are “pc”

they made a racket and as mentioned already who gives a shite what they’re singing, I would suggest most of our older fans sang the same things, like it or not!!

You do need to draw a line. 

And stand up against this shite...

...so the one day they start a sing song about hating you...who will stand up for you....

The pc brigade...

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Deek said:

The full repertoire today.

Although never got the Penny Arcade as I like to whistle along. 

I said that to the missus in the first half. We go the full song book twice in the first half then twice more at least in the 2nd half.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I just think it is more laughable than offensive. Grown adults making fools of themselves is amusing to most modern outward looking folks.:smile:

Seymour M Hersh
7 minutes ago, cliffdanum said:

Who cares..helplines available...

Oh gee thanks Cliff. However it is against the law so if you're happy with this then maybe it's yourself who needs "help".

14 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Couldn’t care less what they sing. At least they get behind their team.

This.  I was at the Platform bar when a group turned up, at back of 11.  Stood at the front indoor tables, watched the telly. Good as gold. They started singing when they crossed the road. A catchy tune, as a catholic I did not feel offended.

4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Oh gee thanks Cliff. However it is against the law so if you're happy with this then maybe it's yourself who needs "help".

Sweetie Wife. 

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Gosh, a 10 year old has just chastised me!! I'm gutted.

14 actually and you're a Sweetie Wife. 

1 hour ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

Equally it's dark and sick when thousands sing, with gusto, of being "up to their knees in fenian blood" like today at Murrayfield. Only scum sing songs like that you'll agree.

Out of intestest what end did you opt for today?

Watching the pre-match build up to the Roma game and the crowd shots have kids, adults, old ladies etc all singing and getting into the spirit of things.

C'mon, you woman folk, get into the singing !

:smile:

Asked this on another thread but probably more suited in here.

Would the same response be given if it was 14,000 Celtic supporters singing their sectarian shite?

3 minutes ago, ADAM said:

Equally it's dark and sick when thousands sing, with gusto, of being "up to their knees in fenian blood" like today at Murrayfield. Only scum sing songs like that you'll agree.

Out of intestest what end did you opt for today?

I just posted on another thread about sectarian songs, but you will ignore that. 

I think sectarian songs are out of date and have no place in modern society. 

1 minute ago, graygo said:

Asked this on another thread but probably more suited in here.

Would the same response be given if it was 14,000 Celtic supporters singing their sectarian shite?

Different thread though, mate. The hooped demons would be given credit for bringing 14k if it was them but chastised on this thread for choice of songs.

So, the same really !

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

a lot of the hearts fans utterly despise lots of the imposters in jerseys and some of the other stuff from within tynecastle - there is a disconnect

lots of good stuff at the club but unfortunately lots of bad - the attendances are artificially high post admin and will continue for a time due to new tynecastle novelty 

by the turn of the year the lack of backing will be due to lack of fans if things don't improve drastically on the park

im not sure Mrs budge has quite grasped that the loyalty of these numbers of hearts fans can be expected as an absolute given 

Archived