Surely it's time for answer

ethan14

1 hour ago, Brauhauser2012 said:

The old main stand was completed in 1914 and it was behind schedule and over budget. Hearts had to sell their best player, top striker Percy Dawson to pay it off ( a relation of mine). Percy was sold to Blackburn Rovers for what was a world record transfer fee at the time who subsequently went on to win the league. We haven't had anyone of that calibre for some time now but at least we have FOH and Ann Budge. The old stand was no longer fit for purpose and the increase in capacity is long overdue for a club of our size. I can't say I enjoy watching some of the performances we've seen recently but we will pay off the stand and then we can focus all our resources on the team.

...is the correct answer. I was as appalled as anyone by our inept 2nd half showing on Saturday but thinking short term is short sighted and self defeating.  The new stand was sorely overdue but even still, Ann Budge wanted to delay its construction by a further year.  Her hand was forced by the Council's desire to flatten and rebuild the nursery so the club had to act quickly and submit a design and planning permission for a new stand incorporating a nursery,  prematurely.  Had she not done so, we'd have been severely limited in what we could have built in future and would very likely have been forced to move.  That should not be forgotten.

That said, the playing side is currently a mess and we should be doing better, even with the squeezed resources we have.  The signings have mostly been poor and could hang around our necks like an albatross as they may be hard to move on.

The new stand will be a huge extra revenue generating asset in future, but only if we sort the playing side into some sort of shape.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/29/2017 at 15:42, Sneckiejambo said:

My daughter drives down from Inverness for home games and I haven't seen here so disappointed as she was yesterday, she said I work very hard for my wages, I buy season ticket, pay into the FOH every month, drive down pay £35 petrol and watch guys not even break sweat and pick up a lot of wages for a performance like that ( and it's been like that for months ) they should be paying me to watch that .,.,., Her day started at 6.15 and back home at 18.00.

Kilmarnock on next Sunday, are we going NO.

I hope Ann Budge reads this, and suchlike posts.

I usually fly in from Amsterdam for home games, but I am questioning my sanity as to why I make the effort when players do not.  My patience has gone in respect to Isma, he needs to go back to basic coaching.  

7 hours ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Seems a weird time to have had enough given what we've gone through over the last 4 or 5 years. 

I also see a few people making a lot of noise on this thread about how aren't getting enough information as FOH members then admitting they had no idea what that meant. 

Folk have had enough of watching dire football for the past 3 seasons with players who can't pass 10 yards to a team mate. 

The feel good factor of the club coming back from administration is wearing off a bit. If you read posts on Jkb since the gers game, there are guys supporting the club for 60 years ago who are fed up. Fans from aberdeen saying they're fed up making the trek down etc etc. 

We've had time and some cash to build a decent squad over the last 3 years but we haven't.

10 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

Folk have had enough of watching dire football for the past 3 seasons with players who can't pass 10 yards to a team mate. 

The feel good factor of the club coming back from administration is wearing off a bit. If you read posts on Jkb since the gers game, there are guys supporting the club for 60 years ago who are fed up. Fans from aberdeen saying they're fed up making the trek down etc etc. 

We've had time and some cash to build a decent squad over the last 3 years but we haven't.

My point is just it’s not even the worst period in the last 10 years, never mind in 60. Frail/Korobchka period? Players with no interest being picked due to a lithuanian lady with scented sticks?

i’d argue that it was a more concerning time when we almost went out of business too. 

Yes it’s not great but let’s not over exaggerate. No one said worst in 60 years either, you made that up. One person said worst in 43 years and was immediately provided with loads of examples of where it was far worse. I’m 31 and can think of at least 3 periods where it was worse. 

Also - i travel up from London for every game so feel well placed to comment on that side. Was i fuming on the flight home on Saturday night? You are bl00dy right i was. Will i be at heathrow airport at 9am on Sunday morning? Of course I will.

Archived