Surely it's time for answer

ethan14

3 hours ago, ethan14 said:

As the title states, I pay £40 a month contribution and £375 a season ticket plus most away games so what is going on. I'm sure some pay a lot more and some pay less so just looking for answers myself but to me I could get a season ticket for a top premiership team for less so it's starting to get a bit worrying.

Why footballing wise are we so bad ?

Why has so much money been invested in a new stand when the product on the park is so bad ?

Why have we signed so many dreadful players ?

Why has Craig levein been given a three year contract ?

Why do we have the inability to string three passes together when we have a state of the art facility at riccarton ?

What does FOH do ?

Where does our contributions go and what are they spent on ?

Why are we not challenging for trophies and top spots in the table ?

Why are we getting pumped off the worst rangers team in history ?

Some may say this is a over reaction but I'm genuinely just looking for answers, I have zero time to attend AGMs so just looking for answers .

People like yourself are the life blood of this club. 

I pay a tenner a month and now only attend the odd game. 

Can't be arsed with it. 

I too my hat to you

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Uncle Mulk said:

The lies about the reasons for the delays which had to be corrected, an extra £2m for more toilets and kiosks and being 'scammed' certainly suggest we're not being ran that well off the park.

I agree. If the club didnt have FOH to bail them out then we would be messed. 

I would also say things like the handling of the young team, blaming fans for actually requiring police at matches and Mixugate were not handled or managed particularly well. 

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

People like yourself are the life blood of this club. 

I pay a tenner a month and now only attend the odd game. 

Can't be arsed with it. 

I too my hat to you

I would say paying a tenner a month makes someone part of the life blood of the club, as well. 

2 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

I would say paying a tenner a month makes someone part of the life blood of the club, as well. 

Yip.

Everyone is important.

Just now, Bowmans_Boot said:

I agree. If the club didnt have FOH to bail them out then we would be messed. 

I would also say things like the handling of the young team, blaming fans for actually requiring police at matches and Mixugate were not handled or managed particularly well. 

Yeah, the whole Mixu thing was daft. The proximity of fans to the pitch at Tynecastle should be an inherent advantage due to it being an intimidating place to come. But Budge seems keen for that to be lost and us to be nice, and to make patronising statements to the fans in doing so.

Still, as long as no one forgot to order the fryers for the chips in the new stand, I'm sure everyone will be happy, whenever it may open.

If things carry on like this, we are going to have to

spend a bit of money to buy players to get out this mess, probably going into debt, we won’t go down this season, but if things carry on in this direction we will be relegated., Hibs and Dundee Utd, continuously bought poor players, coached by bad management and eventually were relegated.

Dundee Utd have reportedly lost £3m due to relegation, the warnings are there for all to see.

This group of players are as bad as we have seen for many a year, and must be replaced if we are to improve and grow as a club.

They are incapable of the basics, can’t give or receive a pass, no pace, no creativity and absolutely no heart

6 minutes ago, Uncle Mulk said:

Yeah, the whole Mixu thing was daft. The proximity of fans to the pitch at Tynecastle should be an inherent advantage due to it being an intimidating place to come. But Budge seems keen for that to be lost and us to be nice, and to make patronising statements to the fans in doing so.

Still, as long as no one forgot to order the fryers for the chips in the new stand, I'm sure everyone will be happy, whenever it may open.

Absolutely. The club want the atmosphere of Tynecastle without any hostility at all. That isnt football and will not work.

I think this will only be realised after fans have stopped going in such numbers because the football is crap, the atmosphere/experience is non existent and the novelty of looking at the new stand has gone. 

We are just awful.

You get entertained at the cinema, at the theatre but at Hearts we keep throwing cash in and supporting the club and getting nothing worth watching.

What we have been getting back last 3 years has been poor.

Feel like we are being taken for granted sometimes. Craig Levein saw what Cathro was signing and did nothing, now even he seems out of his depth.

So many players need to be shipped out but hey won't go because they are not daft with the wages they are on.

Two horrendous performance in Edinburgh this week, some players are just rank rotten, too many don't seem to care.

3 hours ago, savage said:

I can answer one of them.  We got pumped by the worst rangers team in history cause in my 43 years thats the worst hearts team i have seen

This team is woeful but they are slightly better than the Cathro team at the end of last season. Not that that’s much to cling on to. 

Certain to get pelters here but not bothered. Not comparing Romanov with Budge era, ridiculous to attempt to do so , however  anyone who wholly believes Anne Budges stewardship of this club is beyond criticism or analysis is frankly bonkers and blinded. She had no intention of saving HMFC unless the FOH was a viable Allie and she would be reimbursed via this mechanism. The supporters and FOH were pivotal in the saving of the club. The new stand is in part being financed by the support as were the other stands , the mystery 3 million pounds benefactor would not have fronted up the cash to save the club, their involvement is an investment based upon perceived returns longer term. The mismanagement on the footballing side and it's associated financial consequences are likely to mean that they may wait a long time to see the returns they wanted. The monies wasted on players in the last 2 years in particular , the salaries paid to those who can't or won't play combined with the comical changes in management and the sums required to sever his contract mean we are unable to use good money to acquire decent players. All of this of course is frankly irrelevant if the coaching and recruiting structure is so poor they appear to be unable to recognise technical ability in a footballer. 

Sounds gloomy , no it's worse , a correct change of regime could take 5 years to sort this , however Anne and Craig's obsession with succession planning mean there will be no change . HMFC the club which saved itself from Oblivion and helped the turn the wee team into the big team by persuing the most comical player recruitment strategy in Scottish football history. 

yabadabadoo1874again

Why do we have the inability to string three passes together 

The key to everything.

Good point well made. ?

2 minutes ago, Malaguena said:

Certain to get pelters here but not bothered. Not comparing Romanov with Budge era, ridiculous to attempt to do so , however  anyone who wholly believes Anne Budges stewardship of this club is beyond criticism or analysis is frankly bonkers and blinded. She had no intention of saving HMFC unless the FOH was a viable Allie and she would be reimbursed via this mechanism. The supporters and FOH were pivotal in the saving of the club. The new stand is in part being financed by the support as were the other stands , the mystery 3 million pounds benefactor would not have fronted up the cash to save the club, their involvement is an investment based upon perceived returns longer term. The mismanagement on the footballing side and it's associated financial consequences are likely to mean that they may wait a long time to see the returns they wanted. The monies wasted on players in the last 2 years in particular , the salaries paid to those who can't or won't play combined with the comical changes in management and the sums required to sever his contract mean we are unable to use good money to acquire decent players. All of this of course is frankly irrelevant if the coaching and recruiting structure is so poor they appear to be unable to recognise technical ability in a footballer. 

Sounds gloomy , no it's worse , a correct change of regime could take 5 years to sort this , however Anne and Craig's obsession with succession planning mean there will be no change . HMFC the club which saved itself from Oblivion and helped the turn the wee team into the big team by persuing the most comical player recruitment strategy in Scottish football history. 

Good post. I was critical of our "model" as football is simply about winning matches and so entertaining the customers. 

I was very critical of the succession planning model for managers, as, for me, it is outdated, not suited to the demands of modern football and highly unlikely to succeed. 

The developing and selling on players is also out of touch with modern football as young players can sign pre-contracts etc.

As a presentation it most probably sounded good and sound. As a viable business model for a football club it is flawed, dated and, quite simply, not going to work. 

4 hours ago, ethan14 said:

As the title states, I pay £40 a month contribution and £375 a season ticket plus most away games so what is going on. I'm sure some pay a lot more and some pay less so just looking for answers myself but to me I could get a season ticket for a top premiership team for less so it's starting to get a bit worrying.

Why footballing wise are we so bad ?

Why has so much money been invested in a new stand when the product on the park is so bad ?

Why have we signed so many dreadful players ?

Why has Craig levein been given a three year contract ?

Why do we have the inability to string three passes together when we have a state of the art facility at riccarton ?

What does FOH do ?

Where does our contributions go and what are they spent on ?

Why are we not challenging for trophies and top spots in the table ?

Why are we getting pumped off the worst rangers team in history ?

Some may say this is a over reaction but I'm genuinely just looking for answers, I have zero time to attend AGMs so just looking for answers .

We've very limited funds given we're building a new stand and sacked a manager in one season. The costs there answer the other questions. 

FOH - a decent question imo.

4 hours ago, savage said:

I can answer one of them.  We got pumped by the worst rangers team in history cause in my 43 years thats the worst hearts team i have seen

If you think the late 70s/early 80s team was better than this one, then you didn't see many games as a kid.

39 minutes ago, Australis...... said:

We are just awful.

Craig Levein saw what Cathro was signing and did nothing, now even he seems out of his depth.

So many players need to be shipped out but hey won't go because they are not daft with the wages they are on. 

Levein as Director of Football brung in the majority of the signings and God forbid he'll get another go at it once the transfer market reopenes. 

4 minutes ago, Hearts lad said:

Levein as Director of Football brung in the majority of the signings and God forbid he'll get another go at it once the transfer market reopenes. 

Both Neilson and Cathro confirmed they had the last word on signings

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Both Neilson and Cathro confirmed they had the last word on signings

Och well that must be true then eh? ?, if Levein offered them player's and they say "yes" does that make them their signings then. 

Just now, Hearts lad said:

Och well that must be true then eh? ?

There's no good reason to believe what you think over what people who were there know

2 hours ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

Are we really "so good off the pitch", though?

The new stand has had timescales missed twice, no new deadline given, the capacity is less than we had originally been told and is significantly over budget (we do not yet know how much as the club do not see it as important to tell us). 

If any other Scottish club had managed a new stand project as we have, we would all be laughing at them and their amateur efforts. 

Since this is the first time in 40years that we arent worrying about huge debt then yes yes we are...oh and we’ve also managed to pay 85% of a brand new stand which no one has even come close to implementing before.

Thr club has made a statement regarding cost, however if you think they are going to update every single month you’ll be disappointed. Simply we have a loan available if we want to use it but currently we are over budget and until its near complete the club wont know exactly by how much.

Unless there is a statement re capacity then you have no idea what the final total is.

You’re having a moan because of the shit football but you’re directing that elsewhere.

5 hours ago, Gavsy Van Gaverson said:

Honestly, you read some shite on here.

:facepalm:

Mr Palmface.....You obviously were not at Murrayfield today.

2 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Since this is the first time in 40years that we arent worrying about huge debt then yes yes we are...oh and we’ve also managed to pay 85% of a brand new stand which no one has even come close to implementing before.

Thr club has made a statement regarding cost, however if you think they are going to update every single month you’ll be disappointed. Simply we have a loan available if we want to use it but currently we are over budget and until its near complete the club wont know exactly by how much.

Unless there is a statement re capacity then you have no idea what the final total is.

You’re having a moan because of the shit football but you’re directing that elsewhere.

We arent worrying about huge debt because of FOH, lets be honest. The incredible success of FOH has allowed the board to have a fairly easy ride, with fantastic support, which no board of HMFC has ever enjoyed previously. 

I have "moaned about" the new stand funding for ages, it isnt motivated by poor results, I believe the project has been poorly managed. 

Gavsy Van Gaverson
1 minute ago, Hashimoto said:

Mr Palmface.....You obviously were not at Murrayfield today.

I was. We were pish but we will NOT be relegated. To agree that we will is just bonkers.

1 hour ago, world_3 said:

If you think the late 70s/early 80s team was better than this one, then you didn't see many games as a kid.

To be fair to savage, he would have been 8 when the 82' team were being more awful than this team !

Lucky him !

4 minutes ago, Gavsy Van Gaverson said:

I was. We were pish but we will NOT be relegated. To agree that we will is just bonkers.

OK......but on that performance who are we beating?......16, 17 year old kids being thrown into the lions den.......shameful that that we had to stomach that pish before we has a mass exodus at 72 minutes....Wake up Budge!

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Just now, Hashimoto said:

OK......but on that performance who are we beating?......16, 17 year old kids being thrown unto the lions den.......shameful that that we had to stomach that pish before we has a mass exodus at 72 minutes....Wake up Budge!

Well before we lost to Hibs and Rangers we had just beaten St Johnstone and Ross  County. So teams like them obviously.

The kids played because we have injuries and the centre midfield pairing at ER was woeful.

Just now, Gavsy Van Gaverson said:

Well before we lost to Hibs and Rangers we had just beaten St Johnstone and Ross  County. So teams like them obviously.

The kids played because we have injuries and the centre midfield pairing at ER was woeful.

Look. i'm happy to give you the benefit of the doubt here.. However I'm not prepared to paper over the cracks!.......This Hearts team is dreadful!.......No midfield, no strikers, no pace!....Embarrassing to watch some of the clowns who wear the strip......

Gavsy Van Gaverson
2 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Look. i'm happy to give you the benefit of the doubt here.. However I'm not prepared to paper over the cracks!.......This Hearts team is dreadful!.......No midfield, no strikers, no pace!....Embarrassing to watch some of the clowns who wear the strip......

Oh thanks for the benefit of doubt ;)

That was dreadful today. I didn't get a season ticket this season, which is the first time in 10 years, and I'm so glad I didn't. I feel so sorry for you guys that have to endure that garbage for the rest of the season. 

1 hour ago, world_3 said:

I have followed Hearts from the early 70's and I'm struggling to remember any team as inept at the basics as the team I watched today. There is a reason why both teams wear different strips, its so you can choose who you pass the ball to. Today we failed to do so on numerous occasions, As I remember the bad old days, at least we could differentiate between Maroon and Blue. 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
1 hour ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

Good post. I was critical of our "model" as football is simply about winning matches and so entertaining the customers. 

I was very critical of the succession planning model for managers, as, for me, it is outdated, not suited to the demands of modern football and highly unlikely to succeed. 

The developing and selling on players is also out of touch with modern football as young players can sign pre-contracts etc.

As a presentation it most probably sounded good and sound. As a viable business model for a football club it is flawed, dated and, quite simply, not going to work. 

Agree with all of this-best thread on here for a long time. We need to demand a change in this nonsense model levein has cooked up. The only reason he dreamt it up is because he's a charlatan that wanted to evade responsibility for failure. Well it's clearly failing now so it won't be long until it catches up with him. I just hope the board see sense and launch the walloper before he causes any more damage.

6 hours ago, savage said:

Incorrect, it’s actually the slowest team I can ever remember (been a season ticket holder for 25 years).

38 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

No strikers? 

images.jpg

4 minutes ago, Five to One said:

Incorrect, it’s actually the slowest team I can ever remember (been a season ticket holder for 25 years).

Watching this team, this is my biggest concern. There is no tempo whatsoever in this team. A nervousness in possession and therein lies the main problem.

Do the players have the ability to play at a higher tempo ? Probably not.

Arthur Morgan

Why is our team in the state it's currently in? When we were promoted we had a decent, well balanced squad. Now it's awful. No doubt about it the squad that got promoted was better than this current lot.

2 hours ago, Malaguena said:

Great points in my opinion. Grateful for what Ann budge has done, but at this moment of time she has no one to answer to. Has FOH been set up to be involved in the goings on of the football club, get a say in decisions or does it have no say. I genuinely would just like answers to understand it all a little better. Again it's a lot of money given to FOH so surely it has a business structure to go with it that it's contributors can get a little insight into ?

6 minutes ago, Boab said:

Watching this team, this is my biggest concern. There is no tempo whatsoever in this team. A nervousness in possession and therein lies the main problem.

Do the players have the ability to play at a higher tempo ? Probably not.

There’s zero pace at all. Ok, we have players out injured, but they have no pace either. The balance is woeful and teams have worked out if they attack with pace down the flanks, we’re scuppered. Tavernier, Candeias and Windass ripped our full backs to shreds today much like Barker and Boyle. Even Kenny Miller had our midfield and defense on toast. Worrying times. 

1 minute ago, ethan14 said:

Great points in my opinion. Grateful for what Ann budge has done, but at this moment of time she has no one to answer to. Has FOH been set up to be involved in the goings on of the football club, get a say in decisions or does it have no say. I genuinely would just like answers to understand it all a little better. Again it's a lot of money given to FOH so surely it has a business structure to go with it that it's contributors can get a little insight into ?

Of course there's a structure. FOH has a website, visit it and read through it. It will save you asking questions on here.

2 minutes ago, Five to One said:

There’s zero pace at all. Ok, we have players out injured, but they have no pace either. The balance is woeful and teams have worked out if they attack with pace down the flanks, we’re scuppered. Tavernier, Candeias and Windass ripped our full backs to shreds today much like Barker and Boyle. Even Kenny Miller had our midfield and defense on toast. Worrying times. 

I'll grudgingly admit Miller had a good game today but he's 37 for crying out loud !

Agree with all of your points. No pace in a team and you're in trouble.

Just now, Boab said:

I'll grudgingly admit Miller had a good game today but he's 37 for crying out loud !

Agree with all of your points. No pace in a team and you're in trouble.

The most disappointing thing is the club have allowed this situation to happen. JKB posters have been pointing out deficiencies in the team for over a year now, but nothing has been addressed. It’s worrying when supporters seem to know better the type of players we need to sign than the management!

1 minute ago, Five to One said:

The most disappointing thing is the club have allowed this situation to happen. JKB posters have been pointing out deficiencies in the team for over a year now, but nothing has been addressed. It’s worrying when supporters seem to know better the type of players we need to sign than the management!

...or, to poke this wasps' nest a bit, the players are under instruction to play in this fashion ?

I refuse to believe that fit, young players don't have the energy levels to play at an increased tempo.

If they have...it's over to the manager...again !

7 minutes ago, Boab said:

Of course there's a structure. FOH has a website, visit it and read through it. It will save you asking questions on here.

Just had a read, thanks for that. It states working with Anne budge to transfer ownership to foundation. How long is that going to take if anyone knows, is it when the new stand is complete ? Will the foundation have a board set up voted in by the fans to push us forward in football terms cause don't think the current structure is working at all in my opinion. 

6 minutes ago, Five to One said:

Plenty JKB posters defended Cathro mind you!

2 hours ago, Australis...... said:

We are just awful.

You get entertained at the cinema, at the theatre but at Hearts we keep throwing cash in and supporting the club and getting nothing worth watching.

What we have been getting back last 3 years has been poor.

Feel like we are being taken for granted sometimes. Craig Levein saw what Cathro was signing and did nothing, now even he seems out of his depth.

Two horrendous performance in Edinburgh this week, some players are just rank rotten, too many don't seem to care.

I'll get pelters for this no doubt but I was going to go today (£60 + travel etc) but because of how pish we are to watch sacked it and will see Blade Runner at a cinema up the road tomorrow for £25 instead. I'll regret nothing.

5 minutes ago, ethan14 said:

Just had a read, thanks for that. It states working with Anne budge to transfer ownership to foundation. How long is that going to take if anyone knows, is it when the new stand is complete ? Will the foundation have a board set up voted in by the fans to push us forward in football terms cause don't think the current structure is working at all in my opinion. 

You pay £40 a month yet  never realised FOH had a website ?

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

You pay £40 a month yet  never realised FOH had a website ?

Nope just had never bothered reading it, my bad. It's actually £60 if I'm honest, my wife contributes £20 also that comes out the joint account. As I said just looking for answers now due to how bad we've become.

4 hours ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

Are we really "so good off the pitch", though?

The new stand has had timescales missed twice, no new deadline given, the capacity is less than we had originally been told and is significantly over budget (we do not yet know how much as the club do not see it as important to tell us). 

If any other Scottish club had managed a new stand project as we have, we would all be laughing at them and their amateur efforts. 

Messing up the seats was embarrassing but what major building projects are ever finished on the given deadline? Maybe I'm being cynical but I don't think many are. I am a little disappointed with the transparency with the project but I suppose there are reasons - the club ultimately is under no obligation to keep fans ITK 100% all of the time. However with rumours and stuff in other threads I would hope that the club aren't being taken the piss out of by contractors and the like.  

---

Maybe this is irrelevant at the moment but after the stand is complete that should signal the end of any major expenses around the club for a good long while, so what is the intention with the FOH money? It can't sit there doing nothing indefinitely? 

Listen a Philadelphia lawyer would struggle to get to grips with all of that. I contribute one hundred monthly and all the rest , plus 500 club X 3 , iam old enough to have been daft enough , in truth I don't grudge one penny if it benefits HMFC. Truth is most don't bother with the details they just want a winning team or atleast signs of improvement. In terms of HMFC/FOH governance and transfer of ownership the bottom line is there will be 2 seperate entities with essentially different governance structures , but with some common goals . On completion of transfer of funds in favour of bidco the majority shareholding shall transfer to FOH , the minority holders will therefore be those previously recognised as the majority holders , they may not necessarily be one and the same but the governance of both structures ensures the likely continuation of the board and the likely continuation of CEO or chair person, namely Anne or another appointed by the board , the governance structures are weighed  to make the new  chairperson unlikely to be FOH and more likely to be a contiuum of the previous incumbent or  a person of their choosing . Succession planning. . Simple. 

We went into admin, we came back out, we tried a few different things - partly because it wasn't clear whether it was a great time or a terrible time to try new things - and some of it didn't work. We also had to build a new stand and it cost us loads of money and probably meant our priorities were reorganised in some ways. Things aren't perfect but I never ever imagined they would be after all that, not for a long while anyway. I still think we're on the right path though, we'll get there, we've just taken a few gambles that didn't work out. Recovery isn't simple or straightforward.

Also, it's October (almost November) and we haven't played one home game yet. I have a few niggling concerns but I'm keeping my power dry for now. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 minutes ago, redm said:

We went into admin, we came back out, we tried a few different things - partly because it wasn't clear whether it was a great time or a terrible time to try new things - and some of it didn't work. We also had to build a new stand and it cost us loads of money and probably meant our priorities were reorganised in some ways. Things aren't perfect but I never ever imagined they would be after all that, not for a long while anyway. I still think we're on the right path though, we'll get there, we've just taken a few gambles that didn't work out. Recovery isn't simple or straightforward.

Also, it's October (almost November) and we haven't played one home game yet. I have a few niggling concerns but I'm keeping my power dry for now. 

We've played 3 home games. Enough of the Murrayfield excuse making.

Archived