Surely it's time for answer

ethan14

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

We've played 3 home games. Enough of the Murrayfield excuse making.

They're not home games in all the ways it actually matters though. No home advantage. None of the home advantage psychology that comes with it, for either the players or for the fans. They're considered home games on paper but in no other meaningful way.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m just getting the feeling we are getting proper ripped off, “invest your money in our club it won’t be spent on the team but we will yous your money to build a great stand. A bigger stand! Where we can charge more for a seat, top notch hospitality, we want the experience to be so enjoyable that hopefully you ignore the absolute sh1t3 that’s out on the pitch”

We have a voice and we need to show our displeasure with how things are going! 

11 minutes ago, redm said:

They're not home games in all the ways it actually matters though. No home advantage. None of the home advantage psychology that comes with it, for either the players or for the fans. They're considered home games on paper but in no other meaningful way.

The football isn't suddenly going to get better when we finally get back to Tynecastle. It will continue as it has been for a while now.

The fans are sick of it and on this thread alone there is a lot of valid points being made. We are an utter shambles just now.

I honestly don't know where we are going. There's no plan for us moving forward. Levein is not the answer. He is as responsible as anyone else for the disastrous signings. How many left backs have we went through and still no better than Mchattie. No pace in the team, we have been screaming out for this and seemingly everyone can see this apart from whoever is in charge of recruiting players. We have nothing in midfield. Crying out for this as well and again we can all see it! Instead of trying to sort this we piss about giving old Cowie another deal!

Levein on a 3 year deal. Jesus Christ. We are going nowhere with him except backwards. His post match interview today was nonsense. Blaming the defeat on Walker going off. Walker hasn't tried a leg for a long time and done nothing again today. After it was clear walker was going off he stood for a good few minutes deciding what on earth to do. The guy should have been chased out the club along with Cathro but no, not on Ann's watch. 

As I said the fans are sick of it. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
33 minutes ago, redm said:

Funny. We had 4 points out of 6 at home until this game without conceding a goal against two teams who finished above us last season. That sounds advantageous to me.

7 minutes ago, redm said:

We went into admin, we came back out, we tried a few different things - partly because it wasn't clear whether it was a great time or a terrible time to try new things - and some of it didn't work. We also had to build a new stand and it cost us loads of money and probably meant our priorities were reorganised in some ways. Things aren't perfect but I never ever imagined they would be after all that, not for a long while anyway. I still think we're on the right path though, we'll get there, we've just taken a few gambles that didn't work out. Recovery isn't simple or straightforward.

Also, it's October (almost November) and we haven't played one home game yet. I have a few niggling concerns but I'm keeping my power dry for now. 

A few niggling concerns is far from the truth. We are absolutely woeful. Progression should be getting made on the park every year. We've brought in 80 percent dross and now we are getting told we have to get rid of players to improve. This isn't progression. We've taken far more than a few gambles, its totally down to mismanagement of the footballing side of the business.Home games, away games it should not matter, that team on the park should be fully motivated and committed to the cause .For what us fans have done and let's be honest no other fans have come close we should demand better. There's no atmosphere at games anymore, there's nothing to get excited about. To me we seem like a rudderless ship just now and questions need to be asked. I want passion back, I want excitement, I want trips to hampden, I want Rowdy away days, I want to be going on benders after smashing hibs in derbys, I want to be signing through streets abroad with thousands of fellow fans. We may get there again but to me right now it seems a million miles away. Ive seen some sxxxe hearts teams over my time following them and this is definitely one of them but what I can't get my head around is how it is so bad after wiping the slate clean, cause really that's what the fans have done. At this moment it feels like the soul of the club is dying and it needs to be brought back. Football should be the very number one priority to achieve this and it's not going to happen the way things are going, new stand or not. I'd support them down the local field if it meant one league title in my lifetime. It's total bollocks we are this situation, we should be thriving.

32 minutes ago, redm said:

I think I'm right in saying we've won 4 competitive games at Tynecastle in 2017 and that includes games against  Championship Raith Rovers, Hibernian and Dunfermline and League One East Fife!!! To think at this stage this team/squad are going to be a whole lot better playing anywhere is a massive leap of faith. We've won 10 competitive matches in 37 this calendar year. 

Enough said!

Fxxx the SPFL
16 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

In your 43 years did you just start watching Hearts this season? The second half of last season alone was worse. The McGlynn season was worse. The 07/08 season was worse. That's just in fairly recent years. 

I agree totally and i'm not going through all the posts but in the seventies we had a lot worse teams.

16 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

In your 43 years did you just start watching Hearts this season? The second half of last season alone was worse. The McGlynn season was worse. The 07/08 season was worse. That's just in fairly recent years. 

You're lucky you missed the Ormond/Moncur and Ford years.Believe me.

Francis Albert
19 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

The investment will be worth it in future.. Will ensure greater revenues and player investment in future.. We should have invested the money we do have better 

It will only ensure greater revenues if we sell the seats and fill the hospitality suites. And for that we will need there to be something attractive to watch on the pitch.

I don't know what proportion of the cost of the stand relates to hospitality - I'd guess a fair chunk. I hope we have good market research on the demand for hospitality. I remember in the 1960's the social club in McLeod Street was going to be a money spinner that would transform the club's finances. It did - it made them worse.

13 hours ago, Joel Miller said:

Why is our team in the state it's currently in? When we were promoted we had a decent, well balanced squad. Now it's awful. No doubt about it the squad that got promoted was better than this current lot.

Undoubtably.

We've had so many opportunities to improve the team since then and every transfer window we've spectacularly failed. It's ridiculous. 

19 hours ago, ethan14 said:

As the title states, I pay £40 a month contribution and £375 a season ticket plus most away games so what is going on. I'm sure some pay a lot more and some pay less so just looking for answers myself but to me I could get a season ticket for a top premiership team for less so it's starting to get a bit worrying.

Why footballing wise are we so bad ?

Why has so much money been invested in a new stand when the product on the park is so bad ?

Why have we signed so many dreadful players ?

Why has Craig levein been given a three year contract ?

Why do we have the inability to string three passes together when we have a state of the art facility at riccarton ?

What does FOH do ?

Where does our contributions go and what are they spent on ?

Why are we not challenging for trophies and top spots in the table ?

Why are we getting pumped off the worst rangers team in history ?

Some may say this is a over reaction but I'm genuinely just looking for answers, I have zero time to attend AGMs so just looking for answers .

My suggestions would be to write exactly this question to Ann Budge and Stuart Wallace (FOH who is on the HMFC Board). I can assure you if you receive a reply then you will still be totally unconvinced because they are both avid fans of our Coach and his staff. I don't think they are too swayed by what the fans think either although they will make the right noises to get the backing when required.

AB by her own admission knows nothing about football other than she enjoys watching it although she must be easily pleased if she is enjoying watching us this last few seasons.

2 hours ago, Torry Jambo said:

It was a totally different scenario then though. Most fans had no idea who the Board of Directors were or what they did and probably didn't even care.

Nobody was asking fans to dip into their pockets to the extent they do now so it's hardly comparible.

Francis Albert
13 hours ago, ethan14 said:

Great points in my opinion. Grateful for what Ann budge has done, but at this moment of time she has no one to answer to. Has FOH been set up to be involved in the goings on of the football club, get a say in decisions or does it have no say. I genuinely would just like answers to understand it all a little better. Again it's a lot of money given to FOH so surely it has a business structure to go with it that it's contributors can get a little insight into ?

FoH has two Board members on the club board and we are told FoH has regular meetings with the club at which the club presumably takes account of FoH's views.

As to the question "what does FoH do?" the short answer is that is primary activity at the moment is to take our money and pass it to the club, first for the new stand and from the middle of next year to repay Ann's loan.

But in a wider sense it is a good question and the FoH website to which you have been directed won't help much. As far as real information is concerned, as opposed to PR spin, it is about as content-less as an Ann Budge stand update statement.

From almost the start I have urged FoH to include a short "who we are"  biog of the Board members as most organisations do. This would be generally informative but also useful to potential board candidates to identify what additional skills and experience might be useful. I raised this suggestion at the AGM to which the answer was "come along to the AGM and ask us what you want to know".

The monthly newsletter was published I think twice in the last year. The first edition of the new bi-monthly blog was bland PR stuff. News items in the News section are as rare as hens teeth. Two months after the end of the consultation on the new governance proposals ,there has been nothing reported about what the responses contained.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Francis Albert said:

FoH has two Board members on the club board and we are told FoH has regular meetings with the club at which the club presumably takes account of FoH's views.

As to the question "what does FoH do?" the short answer is that is primary activity at the moment is to take our money and pass it to the club, first for the new stand and from the middle of next year to repay Ann's loan.

But in a wider sense it is a good question and the FoH website to which you have been directed won't help much. As far as real information is concerned, as opposed to PR spin, it is about as content-less as an Ann Budge stand update statement.

From almost the start I have urged FoH to include a short "who we are"  biog of the Board members as most organisations do. This would be generally informative but also useful to potential board candidates in identified what additional skills and experience might be useful. I raised this suggestion at the AGM to which the answer was "come along to the AGM and ask us what you want to know".

The weekly newsletter was published I think twice in the last year. The first edition of the new monthly blog was bland PR stuff. News items in the News section are as rare as hens teeth. Two months after the end of the consultation on the new governance proposals ,there has been nothing reported about what the responses contained.

Which is ironic as one of the FoH board stood on a platform of improving communication!

14 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

My suggestions would be to write exactly this question to Ann Budge and Stuart Wallace (FOH who is on the HMFC Board). I can assure you if you receive a reply then you will still be totally unconvinced because they are both avid fans of our Coach and his staff. I don't think they are too swayed by what the fans think either although they will make the right noises to get the backing when required.

AB by her own admission knows nothing about football other than she enjoys watching it although she must be easily pleased if she is enjoying watching us this last few seasons.

Ann Budge and the rest of the board do not give a toss about the supporters, why should we be concerned about the football on the park when we have a nice new stand to sit in?

As long as we keep filling the seats and making our FOH subs then the board are happy after all if we were unhappy we wouldn’t be parting with our cash?  They don’t understand football and they don’t understand that fans don’t vote with their feet, it’s a football club not a restaurant, Ann Budge doesn’t understand that.

Gordon Ramsay
20 hours ago, ethan14 said:

As the title states, I pay £40 a month contribution and £375 a season ticket plus most away games so what is going on. I'm sure some pay a lot more and some pay less so just looking for answers myself but to me I could get a season ticket for a top premiership team for less so it's starting to get a bit worrying.

Why footballing wise are we so bad ?

Why has so much money been invested in a new stand when the product on the park is so bad ?

Why have we signed so many dreadful players ?

Why has Craig levein been given a three year contract ?

Why do we have the inability to string three passes together when we have a state of the art facility at riccarton ?

What does FOH do ?

Where does our contributions go and what are they spent on ?

Why are we not challenging for trophies and top spots in the table ?

Why are we getting pumped off the worst rangers team in history ?

Some may say this is a over reaction but I'm genuinely just looking for answers, I have zero time to attend AGMs so just looking for answers .

Feel the exact same.

I love the club and always will but just now I'm completely baffled as to what our identity is and what we're trying to do.

Playing a 16 year old boy at centre midfield cause there is no one else is a disgrace. I don't care how much talent he's got he is clearly not ready physically and I feel sorry for the boy getting hung out to dry like that.

It has also been quite evident in the last 2 games that Callachan is nowhere near the standard of player we need.

That is justa couple of the things that is pissing me off the now, if I wrote them all on here I could start a book.

Francis Albert

Course we should, FOH for example should be sending every contributor a token email every month telling us where the money is going and what it's getting spent on. For me I want to know what service is being provided for my contribution and why are we going backwards instead of forwards on the park. Surely everyone feels the same ?

As others have said that is ridiculous. It is what people say you are asking for when you raise any question about where the money goes. No-one expects such regular detail. And thedetail of how money is spent is currently down to the club.

What I think we are entitled to is not to be fed bullshit, The stand cost over-run is down to Ann looking at the plans again and deciding we deserve better in terms of toilets and kiosks. The second stand delay is because we want to ensure your first experience of the new stand is as smooth and comfortable as possible. (Ann has a neat trick of turning bad news into something that gives her credit). The "light bulb" moment on Levein's head coach appointment.

31 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

It was a totally different scenario then though. Most fans had no idea who the Board of Directors were or what they did and probably didn't even care.

Nobody was asking fans to dip into their pockets to the extent they do now so it's hardly comparible.

:spoton:

Allowayjambo1874

Fair point but could we not have got away with say three more years with the old stand. Put together a really good squad, generated a total buzz around hearts, generated a lot more cash flow by getting to the likes of Europe, winning cups then developed tynecastle ensuring bums on seats everytime.

The nursery was going to be demolished this year and rebuilt on same piece of land thereby scuppering future development of the main stand, or at least vastly reducing the footprint available. In three years I’m not sure what options would have been available to us.

1 hour ago, Jasonauskas said:

Ann Budge and the rest of the board do not give a toss about the supporters, why should we be concerned about the football on the park when we have a nice new stand to sit in?

As long as we keep filling the seats and making our FOH subs then the board are happy after all if we were unhappy we wouldn’t be parting with our cash?  They don’t understand football and they don’t understand that fans don’t vote with their feet, it’s a football club not a restaurant, Ann Budge doesn’t understand that.

This week seems to have seen a swing in the attitude of fans. Folk have put up with the poor performances of the last few years as we're still greatful to have a club to follow. However, we're 4 years on from administration now and that's not an excuse anymore. We should be in a fairly healthy financial position, being pretty much debt free, getting c£1m a year in FOH contributions and the third biggest support in the league.  

It's not as if we can't afford players. We've been bringing lots of players in each transfer window, which is maybe where the problem lies, but we're making the wrong signings. 

I fear folk will start voting with their feet as there's only so long people will put up with watching the dross on show and being taken for granted. 

3 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

This week seems to have seen a swing in the attitude of fans. Folk have put up with the poor performances of the last few years as we're still greatful to have a club to follow. However, we're 4 years on from administration now and that's not an excuse anymore. We should be in a fairly healthy financial position, being pretty much debt free, getting c£1m a year in FOH contributions and the third biggest support in the league.  

It's not as if we can't afford players. We've have been bringing lots of players in each transfer window, which is maybe where the problem lies, but we're making the wrong signings. 

I fear folk will start voting with their feet as there's only so long people will put up with watching the dross on show and being taken for granted. 

We're also going to have a crazy amount of home games in a row. That sounds great, but it's going to be tough on the wallet, even with an ST it's not a cheap day out to have every week

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

From almost the start I have urged FoH to include a short "who we are"  biog of the Board members as most organisations do. This would be generally informative but also useful to potential board candidates to identify what additional skills and experience might be useful. I raised this suggestion at the AGM to which the answer was "come along to the AGM and ask us what you want to know".

The monthly newsletter was published I think twice in the last year. The first edition of the new bi-monthly blog was bland PR stuff. News items in the News section are as rare as hens teeth. Two months after the end of the consultation on the new governance proposals ,there has been nothing reported about what the responses contained.

I thought the website was shocking after reading it if I'm honest. 1 million a year business paid for by us and that's the best the FOH can offer in terms of information. I've learnt more reading kickback in the 24 hours.

20 hours ago, jamtartally said:

The only 3 decent players are Berra, Lafferty and Goalie.....have to agree with the point of giving Levein a 3 year contract....although thankful for what Budge did to save the club.....his length of deal bemuses me 

Lafferty isn’t decent at all. He looks a pretty clumsy footballer imo. He struck a lovely free-kick yesterday but other than that looks completely out his depth at Hearts.

I think he can consider himself very lucky to played at a pretty reasonable level considering he mostly struggles to control or accurately pass a football.

This seems to be quite a common theme throughout our squad unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Paulp74 said:

It's not as if we can't afford players. We've been bringing lots of players in each transfer window, which is maybe where the problem lies, but we're making the wrong signings. 

Yes unfortunately you are correct. We can afford players and we should be bringing in the right type of players. How much money have we wasted paying off second rate players that those that signed them have probably never seen play other then on an agents DVD.

Re your point about folk voting with their feet we are part way there already becauise of late there has been very little vocal backing which is down to the fayre on offer. If there is some excitement on the pitch then that transmits to the fans andf gets them backing the team vocally but if things don't turn around before the end of the season then we will definitely lose a numbe rof fans.

3 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Rightly or wrongly FA myself and family members make our contribution and blindly trust that FOH is acting in utmost good faith.I kind of rely on yourself and some others to scrutinise issues.The initial spin coming from the club re the delay of seating concerned me because there was deceit involved just  like the "light bulb" moment of Craig Levein .

The football set up is a complete mess.I would hate to think that the FOH are sitting too cosy with the current regime on this matter.

I  want to get a clearer handle on whats going on.

But can you advise at what point do FOH take control of the club and can appoint a new Board and a new Chief Executive?Do we have to wait until Ann Budge has been completely paid or is their an interim point.It seem to me that the supporters have already invested an inordinate amount of money into the club at Least twice as much as Ann Budge at this stage

22 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Tommy "Thrush" McLean dear God that was terrible 

2 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

We lost a derby this week and then also lost to Rangers. It’s not really a surprise that there’s been a bit of a reaction.

Grumbles always seem amplified in the aftermath of a bad derby.

FoH will take the majority shareholding in 2020. It could've been earlier but 98% of members voted to divert funds into the main stand project so that when the foundation does take over, the stadium will be complete.  

I completely agree that signings since the summer of 2016 have been incredibly poor, a few exceptions aside (Berra, Lafferty and maybe one or two others).  

My feeling on Levein is that he'll know that the team is in a dire state at the moment, and that he must shoulder a fair portion of the blame for that. He'll also know that he needs to do some very decent business in January. At least he's put his neck on the line now. 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, tolcross lad said:

Rightly or wrongly FA myself and family members make our contribution and blindly trust that FOH is acting in utmost good faith.I kind of rely on yourself and some others to scrutinise issues.The initial spin coming from the club re the delay of seating concerned me because there was deceit involved just  like the "light bulb" moment of Craig Levein .

The football set up is a complete mess.I would hate to think that the FOH are sitting too cosy with the current regime on this matter.

I  want to get a clearer handle on whats going on.

But can you advise at what point do FOH take control of the club and can appoint a new Board and a new Chief Executive?Do we have to wait until Ann Budge has been completely paid or is their an interim point.It seem to me that the supporters have already invested an inordinate amount of money into the club at Least twice as much as Ann Budge at this stage

Football First keeps a much closer track and maintains better records than I do. But my understanding  is that assuming there is  no significant change in pledge numbers and values we will complete our (latest) £3m commitment to the new stand  by around May next year and begin to repay Ann's loan. FoH should therefore gain control around May 2020. The transfer of shares and majority control does not take place until Ann is fully repaid with interest (despite FoH having contributed as a donation about £6.8m before beginning repayment of Ann's £2.3m loan).

More worrying for me is that the new proposed governance arrangements create the possibility of a clique of self-selected FoH board members maintaining effective control indefinitely. Since I raised this concern in my comments on the proposals on 1st August neither FoH nor anyone else has refuted this.

(The only response on here has been that you can vote them out at the AGM but that is a notoriously difficult process and hardly reflects that FoH is supposed to be a democratic organisation and the original promise of a fully elected board))

My daughter drives down from Inverness for home games and I haven't seen here so disappointed as she was yesterday, she said I work very hard for my wages, I buy season ticket, pay into the FOH every month, drive down pay £35 petrol and watch guys not even break sweat and pick up a lot of wages for a performance like that ( and it's been like that for months ) they should be paying me to watch that .,.,., Her day started at 6.15 and back home at 18.00.

Kilmarnock on next Sunday, are we going NO.

10 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Football First keeps a much closer track and maintains better records than I do. But my understanding  is that assuming there is  no significant change in pledge numbers and values we will complete our (latest) £3m commitment to the new stand  by around May next year and begin to repay Ann's loan. FoH should therefore gain control around May 2020. The transfer of shares and majority control does not take place until Ann is fully repaid with interest (despite FoH having contributed as a donation about £6.8m before beginning repayment of Ann's £2.3m loan).

More worrying for me is that the new proposed governance arrangements create the possibility of a clique of self-selected FoH board members maintaining effective control indefinitely. Since I raised this concern in my comments on the proposals on 1st August neither FoH nor anyone else has refuted this.

(The only response on here has been that you can vote them out at the AGM but that is a notoriously difficult process and hardly reflects that FoH is supposed to be a democratic organisation and the original promise of a fully elected board))

Thanks for taking the time to reply.Its time I took a bit more detailed interest in what is going on.

21 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

FoH will take the majority shareholding in 2020. It could've been earlier but 98% of members voted to divert funds into the main stand project so that when the foundation does take over, the stadium will be complete.  

I completely agree that signings since the summer of 2016 have been incredibly poor, a few exceptions aside (Berra, Lafferty and maybe one or two others).  

My feeling on Levein is that he'll know that the team is in a dire state at the moment, and that he must shoulder a fair portion of the blame for that. He'll also know that he needs to do some very decent business in January. At least he's put his neck on the line now. 

Yes,and a 3 year contract,wonder who decide that!

Francis Albert
40 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

Or alternatively it could still have been earlier if share transfer/voting rights took place in line with funding contributions. This principle has been accepted for voting rights in relation to the new £3m stand fund contribution, but only to the extent of 40%. You would almost think Ann didn't trust us! 

As for Levein I am not sure shouldering blame is one of his strengths. And we know from recent past experience or excuses that the January window is a very difficult one in which to do business. Odds on us hearing that again?

Arthur Morgan
1 hour ago, Buffalo Bill said:

Is he putting his neck on the line though? No doubt if he failed in his role as manager he would go back upstairs to his cosy wee DOF role. Ann obviously seems to think the sun shines out of his arse.

4 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Lafferty isn’t decent at all. He looks a pretty clumsy footballer imo. He struck a lovely free-kick yesterday but other than that looks completely out his depth at Hearts.

I think he can consider himself very lucky to played at a pretty reasonable level considering he mostly struggles to control or accurately pass a football.

This seems to be quite a common theme throughout our squad unfortunately.

Lafferty is decent but just has dross playing with him....he is not a world beater but tries more than any other player (with the exception of Berra)....we would be in big trouble without these 2 signings.....scored most of our goals and puts the boot in....but as you say it is your opinion 

1 hour ago, Sneckiejambo said:

My daughter drives down from Inverness for home games and I haven't seen here so disappointed as she was yesterday, she said I work very hard for my wages, I buy season ticket, pay into the FOH every month, drive down pay £35 petrol and watch guys not even break sweat and pick up a lot of wages for a performance like that ( and it's been like that for months ) they should be paying me to watch that .,.,., Her day started at 6.15 and back home at 18.00.

A fair point fella - it is the players not trying that is bothering me 

4 hours ago, Smithee said:

We're also going to have a crazy amount of home games in a row. That sounds great, but it's going to be tough on the wallet, even with an ST it's not a cheap day out to have every week

Your not for real. How expensive do you  think’ it’s been for the last three months going to away games every week?

a home game for a season ticketholder need cost you nothing more than transport costs. 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Your not for real. How expensive do you  think’ it’s been for the last three months going to away games every week?

a home game for a season ticketholder need cost you nothing more than transport costs. 

What proportion of home fans follow the team away? 10%?

If current form continues the 90% will have less time to forget about the previous horror as well as having pressure of time to do other things. A long sequence of home games is not an analloyed bonus.

1 hour ago, Joel Miller said:

Is he putting his neck on the line though? No doubt if he failed in his role as manager he would go back upstairs to his cosy wee DOF role. 

I would doubt that very much but that's just my opinion and you're entitled to yours. 

1 hour ago, jamtartally said:

Disagree. This was an accusation that, quite rightly, on occasion, was levelled at Cathro's team. 

Probably down to them not knowing what the hell he was on about.

Yesterday was crap but I never seen a deliberate lack of effort, just a lack of pace, tempo and direction.

They tried but something is still very wrong with the set up.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Im sure its been mentioned but you would have to be a bit dense not to realise some of the current difficulties 

7 minutes ago, Boab said:

Disagree. This was an accusation that, quite rightly, on occasion, was levelled at Cathro's team. 

Probably down to them not knowing what the hell he was on about.

Yesterday was crap but I never seen a deliberate lack of effort, just a lack of pace, tempo and direction.

They tried but something is still very wrong with the set up.

No creative spark in either team in the first half or us in the second. 

3 hours ago, Sneckiejambo said:

There seems to be a lot of posts like this. Folk finally had enough. 

45 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

What proportion of home fans follow the team away? 10%?

If current form continues the 90% will have less time to forget about the previous horror as well as having pressure of time to do other things. A long sequence of home games is not an analloyed bonus.

Agreed  but a run of home games for a season ticket holder need not be expensive. Depends where you live. 

1 hour ago, jamtartally said:

I have seen nothing to suggest they are not trying since Levein took over. If anything it’s been the opposite with a lack of composure at times being costly eg Soutar charging forward, losing the ball and Windass score third yesterday. 

13 hours ago, Torry Jambo said:

I’ll throw in Seith as well  :o

Comparing our midfield to that lot from leith frustrates the hell out of me , and I’m talking about when it’s at its strongest . Which if any of our players would oust their players , maybe Walker of old for Boyle ? Given they’ve shopped in the reserve , lower SPFL , championship and lower English leagues ,it’s a disgrace we find ourselves with no pace or width .

The January window has to be one of the most important in years 

Are we allowed to sign any players on loan outside the window ? 

4 wins in 2017 at home , is that correct ? 

How can anyone question the building of the Stand unless you can't see a week in front of yourself.  Ann Budge gives regular extensive updates.  The new stand will increase revenue significantly and finally closes the door on any move away from Tynecastle.

I understand all the current concerns on the park but the pish I am reading on here regarding the Stand beggers belief.

On 10/29/2017 at 17:59, Paulp74 said:

There seems to be a lot of posts like this. Folk finally had enough. 

Seems a weird time to have had enough given what we've gone through over the last 4 or 5 years. 

I also see a few people making a lot of noise on this thread about how aren't getting enough information as FOH members then admitting they had no idea what that meant. 

Brauhauser2012

The old main stand was completed in 1914 and it was behind schedule and over budget. Hearts had to sell their best player, top striker Percy Dawson to pay it off ( a relation of mine). Percy was sold to Blackburn Rovers for what was a world record transfer fee at the time who subsequently went on to win the league. We haven't had anyone of that calibre for some time now but at least we have FOH and Ann Budge. The old stand was no longer fit for purpose and the increase in capacity is long overdue for a club of our size. I can't say I enjoy watching some of the performances we've seen recently but we will pay off the stand and then we can focus all our resources on the team.

On 10/29/2017 at 08:42, ray gets bus pass soon said:

I agree totally and i'm not going through all the posts but in the seventies we had a lot worse teams.

Ohhh the 70s.  There was some real shite played during that decade culminating in 2 relegations, 3 if we squeeze in 1980-81.  Yet so many fans' favourites played for the club during the 70s.   Somewhat glad there was no internet then.   

It would appear that many on JKB only started supporting Hearts after 2005. 

Archived