Fraud at Hearts ( edited )

Jeff

9 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

It all seems very weird.

It does. My guess is a fake invoice re stadium works or something like that.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Mike Tyson said:

I think Hearts were happy to sweep it under the carpet until the Hamilton situation forced their hand.

Quite amateurish tbh

You actually think before you say something

Shocked 

5 minutes ago, Mike Tyson said:

Now now.

its not exactly great to keep something like this under wraps - we should be kept in the loop about this sort of thing rather than placing cash cows to try and bring in extra cash to cover the loss.

Not even subtle....

giphy.gif

Just now, Sooperstar said:

:rofl:

6 minutes ago, Mike Tyson said:

Now now.

its not exactly great to keep something like this under wraps - we should be kept in the loop about this sort of thing rather than placing cash cows to try and bring in extra cash to cover the loss.

Don't worry it's very possible  your club may have been stiffed as well.

I'm probably wasting my team replying to you. You will be gone soon. 

Ricardo Shillyshally
11 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Like I've already stated??????

6 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

Enough weren't to mean that we shouldn't be taking the moral high ground with Hibs fans: they are our rivals and Hamilton are nothing to us. 

Massive loss for a club of Hamilton's size,deserve sympathy.

7 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

What’s been kept under wraps mike?

Sky are saying this has happened months ago, so I think it’s fair to say the club have sat on this for a while. It’s obviously not a catastrophic amount unlike Hamilton, I would have thought it would only be right to inform the fans.

i think Ann is doing a decent job overall, but this and the stand situation has been frustrating.

Nice to see this place is still accusing posters who aren’t seeing everything as a positive of being Hibs. Whatever.

Ricardo Shillyshally

Let's. Not over egg the pudding here

We lost 80k due to human error. It happens 

What the business would "announce" this unless they had to ?

None!

Bad things  happen

Get over it

FTH HHGH

Have to admit that a club owned by an IT tycoon being a victim of internet fraud is a tad surprising. 

It also shows how clever and sophisticated this type of theft is !

Not much money floating around Scottish football at the best of times but hopefully we can get the money back.

The comments earlier on here when this happened to Hamilton and we had not released the news as yet was totally bizarre and pretty poor.

2 minutes ago, Meadows said:

Have to admit that a club owned by an IT tycoon being a victim of internet fraud is a tad surprising. 

You can have the best IT money can buy but if its human error then what is she meant to do exactly?

4 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Massive loss for a club of Hamilton's size,deserve sympathy.

Absolutely. And why any Hearts fan is taking pleasure in another Scottish club suffering is beyond me. Especially when they are a small club, close to Glasgow and their fans do not choose the easy option of following one of the OF.  

1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

You can have the best IT money can buy but if its human error then what is she meant to do exactly?

It does make it a little more embarrassing, though. 

If both ourselves and Hamilton have been done you'd expect others likely have too to be honest. 

Around 800,000 so far, hell of a lot for Scotland.

gorgie rd eh11
2 minutes ago, Mike Tyson said:

Sky are saying this has happened months ago, so I think it’s fair to say the club have sat on this for a while. It’s obviously not a catastrophic amount unlike Hamilton, I would have thought it would only be right to inform the fans.

i think Ann is doing a decent job overall, but this and the stand situation has been frustrating.

Nice to see this place is still accusing posters who aren’t seeing everything as a positive of being Hibs. Whatever.

So you think the club should be interfering with police investigations by “informing “ the fans. 

“The stand situation” is fantastic, we’re about to unveil Edinburgh’s biggest and best football stand.

Delighted that frustrates you.  

1 minute ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

Absolutely. And why any Hearts fan is taking pleasure in another Scottish club suffering is beyond me. Especially when they are a small club, close to Glasgow and their fans do not choose the easy option of following one of the OF.  

Give it a rest ok we get it some fans are arseholes...moving on.

1 minute ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

It does make it a little more embarrassing, though. 

Only if you have no experience of fraud and you’re a sensitive soul.

4 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

Spot on.

1 minute ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

So you think the club should be interfering with police investigations by “informing “ the fans. 

“The stand situation” is fantastic, we’re about to unveil Edinburgh’s biggest and best football stand.

I suppose that’s fair.

You know what I mean about the stand situation. You can’t deny that the delay is frustrating, especially as a season ticket holder (at Tynecastle, before the obvious and predictable replies start)

5 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

The stand situation may well be relevant especially if it's connected to the late delivery of seats.

Someone mentioned this over a week ago on the new stand thread, apologised and quickly removed it. It’s definitley been known in some circles.

Its not great but as has been said a much more manageable amount than it could have been

8 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

A well run business has systems in place to stop this type of human error.

16 minutes ago, Mike Tyson said:

After checking your posts that's the first positive comment about Hearts you've made.

No way are you a Hearts fan. 

1 minute ago, McCrae said:

I know enough about risk management and controls and i’ll say it again it doesnt stop all human error.

6 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Give it a rest ok we get it some fans are arseholes...moving on.

It is a (very) valid point that I was making. Some Hearts fans have very short memories regarding our financial mess and little sympathy for any other club. Even the small, trivial and inoffensive ones.  

Just now, Jamboelite said:

I know enough about risk management and controls and i’ll say it again it doesnt stop all human error.

You are completely right in that it doesn't stop all errors. However, that is now two pretty major and costly mistakes that individuals have made recently. If this happened at Hibs we would be laughing at how badly run they are.  

Ricardo Shillyshally
12 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

Someone mentioned this over a week ago on the new stand thread, apologised and quickly removed it. It’s definitley been known in some circles.

Its not great but as has been said a much more manageable amount than it could have been

Guilty as charged!

Coburg Hearts
3 minutes ago, McCrae said:

You can have the best run business money can buy and the best systems in place and still get caught out. It happens every day and very little is ever reported. There was a documentary type programme on radio 5 recently and it was a real eye-opener.

Although we dont know how this happened. I am always amazed hearing about suckers giving their security details over the phone or on e-mail. 

I dont speak to the bank unless I call the bank. Appreciate I dont run a milti million pound business although if I did and the bank called me. I would call them back on a different phone. 

I hope some muppet at Hearts didnt fall for something that could have been avoided by having half a brain cell. 

5 minutes ago, been here before said:

Seems Annan were shafted for 18k in August.

That's brutal for Annan - fingers crossed they can get that back.

15 minutes ago, Mike Tyson said:

4 minutes ago, Mike Tyson said:

I suppose that’s fair.

You know what I mean about the stand situation. You can’t deny that the delay is frustrating, especially as a season ticket holder (at Tynecastle, before the obvious and predictable replies start)

Building projects are very often late in completion.  We aren't the first and won't be the last.

Better to wait till all the facts are out regarding this fraud business.

Could be any amount of reasons why the club kept it out of the public domain.

been here before
17 minutes ago, Meadows said:

It doesnt really though.

You could easily own an IT company and know fxxk all about the intricacies and nuts and bolts of IT.

By that thinking then she'd also make a decent player because she's running a football club.

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Building projects are very often late in completion.  We aren't the first and won't be the last.

Better to wait till all the facts are out regarding this fraud business.

Could be any amount of reasons why the club kept it out of the public domain.

Of course they can be, but it is frustrating that it was an avoidable error such as ordering seats. 

I do realise now that there may be reasons we did delay the fraud news, so that’s fair enough.

1 minute ago, been here before said:

It doesnt really though.

You could easily own an IT company and know fxxk all about the intricacies and nuts and bolts of IT.

By that thinking then she'd also make a decent player because she's running a football club.

Ann does know about IT, though. Your argument is weak at best.  

10 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I have a friend who who's main job as a freelancer is checking for double paid invoices in companies. The first company he got a contract with was B&Q and he discovered almost £1m of it in one financial year. Mistakes happen.

Coburg Hearts
4 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

You are completely right in that it doesn't stop all errors. However, that is now two pretty major and costly mistakes that individuals have made recently. If this happened at Hibs we would be laughing at how badly run they are.  

You have no idea, nor anyone else on here, if individuals are at blame in this case. It might have been completely electronic or hacking.

2 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

You can have the best run business money can buy and the best systems in place and still get caught out. It happens every day and very little is ever reported. There was a documentary type programme on radio 5 recently and it was a real eye-opener.

True, no business can ever be 100% secure.  This type of thing though tends to happen more often with companies that have problems.....  our club needs to up its game off the park.

6 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Although we dont know how this happened. I am always amazed hearing about suckers giving their security details over the phone or on e-mail. 

I dont speak to the bank unless I call the bank. Appreciate I dont run a milti million pound business although if I did and the bank called me. I would call them back on a different phone. 

I hope some muppet at Hearts didnt fall for something that could have been avoided by having half a brain cell. 

Im going to predict it might be a little bit more elaborate.

7 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

It is a (very) valid point that I was making. Some Hearts fans have very short memories regarding our financial mess and little sympathy for any other club. Even the small, trivial and inoffensive ones.  

It's a shame for Hamilton.

Must admit I haven't read the thread about their situation but it's sad that folk can't have sympathy for a group of fans who decide to avoid the evil twins and follow their local team.

Especially after the laugh they gave us a few seasons ago.

1 minute ago, McCrae said:

True, no business can ever be 100% secure.  This type of thing though tends to happen more often with companies that have problems.....  our club needs to up its game off the park.

Sorry thats a lot of shite huge companies are defrauded regularly.

Archived