Shooting on Vegas strip

vegas-voss

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ibrahim Tall

He has been briefed seemingly, but not a peep from him.

Usually quick enough when it's a terrorist attack somewhere else, but a horrendous mass shooting in the US and not a word.

Even Theresa May has condemned the attack, now that's really bad when other World leaders condemn the attack before the POTUS does in his own Country.

He'll ignore it until he's forced to comment like he was after the Virginia situation.

luckyBatistuta

I can not see any justifiable reason why an ordinary member of the public needs to own an automatic assault rifle.

America needs to seriously look at itself when you have, on an increasingly regular basis the 'bad guys' having bigger weapons then your beat cops have, or indeed many patrol cars have as well.

Had an argument with an American guy who was an online friend of mine on the PS4 about this. He was rattling off a list of weapons he had, including assault rifles. All he kept replying with was "it's my right, it's my right". I even tried saying to him that if you feel the desperate need to defend yourself, then why not just have a handgun, but was wasting my time. He came across as if he thought he was cool by owning them.

scottish_chicP

Got friends there at the moment but thankfully they have been in touch and are ok. Scary stuff.

I just heard one woman saying she was so scared and she wished she'd brought her gun with her.

My sympathies to those who have lost someone but I have none for that country as a whole.

They bring it on themselves

Absolutely :spoton: . They've had enough chances after enough incidents but nothing has changed. No-one can blame Trump for inaction here (and I'm not blaming you) as clearly no Democrat has done enough to rid them of this cancer previously.

Mass shooting in the UK & Australia, what do we do, we and the Aussies ban guns and now there is very few mass shootings in either Country.

Mass shooting in America, what do they do?  Some call for more guns to combat the bad guys.  There are not enough face palms for that statement.

Another :spoton: It's crazy, "criminals will always have guns, so let's put more guns out there.".

luckyBatistuta

That video :wow: 

Horrific stuff.

I have to agree with one of the replies to that video that it's disrespectful videoing it and putting it online. Do family members want to see their loved ones dying online. Why the fek is the person not helping anyway, rather than standing there filming, how could you do that.

I have to agree with one of the replies to that video that it's disrespectful videoing it and putting it online. Do family members want to see their loved ones dying online. Why the fek is the person not helping anyway, rather than standing there filming, how could you do that.

Looks like he was filming anyway so probably taken by surprise.

luckyBatistuta

Looks like he was filming anyway so probably taken by surprise.

Would you post that online though

Not sure if having dozens of civilians randomly firing hundreds of bullets "in self defence" at a shooting scene would make things safer.

How many of those "good guys with guns" would then be mistaken for a bad guy and shot at by other "good guys with guns"?

NRA logic is totally barmy.

The Internet

I know there's really nothing Trump can say that won't be mocked but him tweeting a fairly casual message is a bit weird, even for him. Warmest condolences? :lol: The boy has no idea what to do.

Not sure if having dozens of civilians randomly firing hundreds of bullets "in self defence" at a shooting scene would make things safer.

How many of those "good guys with guns" would then be mistaken for a bad guy and shot at by other "good guys with guns"?

They used that logic at the Aurora theatre shooting, delusional is not the word :lol: .

William H. Bonney

I know there's really nothing Trump can say that won't be mocked but him tweeting a fairly casual message is a bit weird, even for him. Warmest condolences? :lol: The boy has no idea what to do.

Probably tweeted from the 9th hole at libety golf course.

Telling me he didnt use ?warmest condolences? ffs.

Some twitter feeds of people being resuscitated is horrendous and disrespectful to the families all for likes its ****ing tragic.

Finding it hard to have any sympathy for them at all to be honest. Recently the way Americans have borderline-celebrated terrorist attacks in Europe is beyond repulsive. The Paris attacks are practically an annual holiday in the US.

Finding it hard to have any sympathy for them at all to be honest. Recently the way Americans have borderline-celebrated terrorist attacks in Europe is beyond repulsive. The Paris attacks are practically an annual holiday in the US.

What the actual **** are you talking about?

Anyone killed while going about their business deserves sympathy, whether that be Vegas, Paris, or Basra.

Jesus ****ing Christ.

Exactly, if everybody is in civilian clothes, how do you know who is the 'good guys' and the 'bad guys' in a firefight.

I await the NRA to reply by saying, because they'll have a sticker on their forehead saying 'good guy'.

The Internet

:scenes:

What are you talking about?

What the actual **** are you talking about?

Anyone killed while going about their business deserves sympathy, whether that be Vegas, Paris, or Basra.

:spoton:

I lived in the USA during the time of the Paris attacks and so many people genuinely seemed to find it hilarious, as if Europe as a whole deserves it. 137+ killed in Paris but they felt the French "deserved it" for being sympathetic and letting in so many refugees.

That and (ironically) they used it as something of a playing card of "Oh well it's the French peoples fault 'cos if they'd had guns then well... y'know?". Every attack they bring out the "If the citizens had guns they'd had survived but they didn't so oh well.", even the Manchester Arena bombing ffs.

Still waiting for Trump to respond to another Peter_HMFC posting atrocity

:rofl: I actually laughed at that :lol: .

Seriously, unless you're trolling of course, you need to consider getting some help before your separation from reality becomes so severe that normal functioning becomes difficult. I'm sorry to put it so bluntly, but I'm concerned for your health.

Amazing how Trumps language on his tweets changes depending on who the offender is. Oh it's a 64 year old American man? yeah let's just keep it quiet and polite.

John Findlay

Should this not all be in the terrible thing that has happened in America thread?

A nation founded on the gun. People still act surprised and shocked when this happens. At the risk of sounding flippant I wonder when the next mass shooting/mass murder will take place because very sadly it will.

alwaysthereinspirit

Come on Mods. Please.

The Internet

Should this not all be in the terrible thing that has happened in America thread?

A nation founded on the gun. People still act surprised and shocked when this happens. At the risk of sounding flippant I wonder when the next mass shooting/mass murder will take place because very sadly it will.

You are right, but the scale of this one is becoming something that hasn't been seen before.

I think very few people are now surprised and shocked that atrocities like these happen in the US. However, they are still shocked at the atrocity itself and the wanton loss of life and limb. Surely that's a good thing as opposed to us all becoming inured to the violence.

Amazing how Trumps language on his tweets changes depending on who the offender is. Oh it's a 64 year old American man? yeah let's just keep it quiet and polite.

It's all about managing the narrative. That narrative got him elected - he's not going to turn his back on it now.

Not sure how many people will be acting surprised. Mass shootings happen on a weekly basis.

Something wrong if this doesn?t shock people, though.

John Findlay

I think very few people are now surprised and shocked that atrocities like these happen in the US. However, they are still shocked at the atrocity itself and the wanton loss of life and limb. Surely that's a good thing as opposed to us all becoming inured to the violence.

There are many inured to violence in the US and fortunately that is a large part of the problem.

There are many inured to violence in the US and fortunately that is a large part of the problem.

I assume you mean unfortunately.

John Findlay

You really should think before you post, and if you did then you really are a repulsive individual.

He has a right to be repulsive.

The Paris attacks are practically an annual holiday in the US.

No they are not - that's absolute bullshit

You really should think before you post, and if you did then you really are a repulsive individual.

Hypocrisy at it's finest. So not the people who, as I've said, use the European attacks as something of a playing card to justify their own usage of guns? Not the people who use these incidents while trying to 1-up in an arguement? Not the people who insist Europe "deserved" it's attacks for trying to be sympathetic to refugees?

They've had these gun massacres for decades now and they've not done anything about it at all. Even to the softest and most sympathetic person their patience and sympathy would be tested. They just won't learn, and now so many of them are using European attacks to justify regular citizens having shotguns ffs.

This is being heralded as the "Deadliest Mass Shooting in US History".

When was the previous deadliest mass shooting, you might ask?  Just last year in Florida.

There is no political will in the USA to change the gun culture, therefore tragedies like this will continue to happen.

alwaysthereinspirit

:spoton:

I lived in the USA during the time of the Paris attacks and so many people genuinely seemed to find it hilarious, as if Europe as a whole deserves it. 137+ killed in Paris but they felt the French "deserved it" for being sympathetic and letting in so many refugees.

That and (ironically) they used it as something of a playing card of "Oh well it's the French peoples fault 'cos if they'd had guns then well... y'know?". Every attack they bring out the "If the citizens had guns they'd had survived but they didn't so oh well.", even the Manchester Arena bombing ffs.

I would say 99.9% of this post is made up $#!te. You did spell French and Manchester correctly. Take a break already.

J.T.F.Robertson

It may come across as just another Trump bash, but "warmest"? Dear dear.

John Findlay

This is being heralded as the "Deadliest Mass Shooting in US History".

When was the previous deadliest mass shooting, you might ask?  Just last year in Florida.

There is no political will in the USA to change the gun culture, therefore tragedies like this will continue to happen.

Modern times apparently. No doubt it will be beaten in the near future.

It may come across as just another Trump bash, but "warmest"? Dear dear.

Notice he didn't call this guy a loser, guessing he must have ran out of characters in his tweet.

Reports saying 8 rifles found in the room and mixed reports on whether the police killed him or he killed himself. Some of the witness accounts are harrowing with friends and partners falling down around them having been hit. America has to decide if this is the price they want to pay for the right to own guns(particularly AR's) and arguably the answer has been given many times that they are willing to accept this despite the immediate aftermath of these and similar events.

I fear the death and injured toll to risk considerably.

I know a number of people who were at that concert last night (thankfully all have reported safe). What a horrible, delusional individual you are. An utter disgrace. Nothing else to say. 

William H. Bonney

If 20 children being murdered at Sandy hook doesn't prompt them to change gun laws then there's no chance this will.

Archived