Shooting on Vegas strip

vegas-voss

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like they were actually shooting from high up in the hotel itself.

That's what some eyewitnesses said that it came from the upper floors of the hotel.

By the sounds of gunfire on some of the video's there seems to have been an awful lot of rounds being fired.

Assault rifles on full-auto.

The pause after the first burst will be him(they) ejecting the magazine that?s been emptied, before firing again.

Police seemingly say that only 1 shooter. And that 1 shooter has been killed.

Yeh, that's what it sounded like.

Will be interesting to see Trumps retalliation. Few reports of it being ISIS who are claiming it.

All speculation at the moment. Unfortunately, these mass shootings normally prompt absolutely no real action in response.

ISIS would try and claim it if I got hit by a car tomorrow.

Trumps in charge though. I wouldn't put it past him blaming Kim Jong Un for this.

William H. Bonney

If only all the concert goers had been armed...

Sounds horrific.

I just heard one woman saying she was so scared and she wished she'd brought her gun with her.

My sympathies to those who have lost someone but I have none for that country as a whole.

They bring it on themselves

Hopefully the animals who done this have been put down.

Police have already confirmed the shooter is dead. His bird still being sought.

The woman they're looking for is 62/63 years old. A mother and grandmother. Bizarre that such a person could be involved in something like this. Crazy world.

The woman they're looking for is 62/63 years old. A mother and grandmother. Bizarre that such a person could be involved in something like this. Crazy world.

I watched a documentary series about the Las Vegas strip cops. All presented as entertainment but the one thing it did tell the viewers is that there are a lot of damaged people living in Las Vegas.

Hugh Phamism

I'm on the strip now thankfully they seem to have it under control now.it was manic for few hours

Feck. Stay safe ma man. Scary to get caught up in this shit.

Iv'e stayed in the Mandalay Bay a few times, and from memory the windows do not open. There is an open air bar up on the top level, but not sure what the floor number is.

I just heard one woman saying she was so scared and she wished she'd brought her gun with her.

My sympathies to those who have lost someone but I have none for that country as a whole.

It is just so ****ing depressing. Major reason I don?t live there any more. There is just no real political will to change it. And for people born into that culture, you are going against the grain if you support a change in approach (as many, many do).

So sad. Such a waste of life, and no one is doing a damn thing about the circumstances that allow such thing to happen over, and over.

gun control and robust enforcement  at all levels needed in that crazy country. never going to happen though.

gun control and robust enforcement  at all levels needed in that crazy country. never going to happen though.

Vegas is a city where you can go into a shop and buy a gun. No waiting time no checks. Like buying a new telly.

Feck. Stay safe ma man. Scary to get caught up in this shit.

Iv'e stayed in the Mandalay Bay a few times, and from memory the windows do not open. There is an open air bar up on the top level, but not sure what the floor number is.

It is 43-stories tall.

The windows are possibly not bullet proof...

Jam Tarts 1874

Will be interesting to see Trumps retalliation. Few reports of it being ISIS who are claiming it.

He won't do anything seeing as the perp is reported to have been a 64 year old white male.

Irrespective of the motives or mental state of the shooter, surely it's time for America to ban the public from owning assault rifles.

I heard one commentator say that there isn't any security checks when people check into hotels, FFS stop dodging the issue, ban the AR's and you won't need to check the ********* bags.

Only the Military and Law Enforcement should be allowed to have access to automatic weapons like assault rifles.

Mass shooting in the UK & Australia, what do we do, we and the Aussies ban guns and now there is very few mass shootings in either Country.

Mass shooting in America, what do they do?  Some call for more guns to combat the bad guys.  There are not enough face palms for that statement.

Irrespective of the motives or mental state of the shooter, surely it's time for America to ban the public from owning assault rifles.

I heard one commentator say that there isn't any security checks when people check into hotels, FFS stop dodging the issue, ban the AR's and you won't need to check the ********* bags.

Only the Military and Law Enforcement should be allowed to have access to automatic weapons like assault rifles.

Mass shooting in the UK & Australia, what do we do, we and the Aussies ban guns and now there is very few mass shootings in either Country.

Mass shooting in America, what do they do? Some call for more guns to combat the bad guys. There are not enough face palms for that statement.

I wonder if the vast majority of Americans are against gun ownership but it is the loud, obnoxious (and probably powerful) minority who ensure that nothing is done. I'm sure Trump even attended an NRA meeting on the campaign trail; no chance anything's going to change.

I think Obama tried to make changes when he was at the lame duck stage of his of his presidency when there would be no real political cost to him but, in reality, I get the impression that it would be political suicide to really try and change things.

We do, Boss.  I've lost any hope of getting my countrymen to see any sense with this.

And no, remarkably, the vast majority of Americans are not against private gun ownership by any metric I've ever seen.  Gun nuts have twisted the plain meaning of the words of the Constitution and used a half century-long propaganda campaign to ensure that's the case.

Hugh Phamism

Said it before, and it still holds true today. If the Americans had no apetite to change gun laws after Sandy Hook, they will never have the apetite for change.

We do, Boss. I've lost any hope of getting my countrymen to see any sense with this.

And no, remarkably, the vast majority of Americans are not against private gun ownership by any metric I've ever seen. Gun nuts have twisted the plain meaning of the words of the Constitution and used a half century-long propaganda campaign to ensure that's the case.

Ok, they may not be against private gun ownership but surely they are against your average Joe owning military assault rifles!!?

Ok, they may not be against private gun ownership but surely they are against your average Joe owning military assault rifles!!?

Even that's not as clear cut as it really ought to be.  Latest poll I saw, nearly 40% opposed a ban on these types of weapons.

It is absolutely f****** insane.

Ibrahim Tall

America was built and still stands on guns, they'll never outlaw them. The economy more than anything depends on it.

There's around 300m guns in public ownership in the US, that's a lot of money when you factor in the gun price, ammunition, accessories, gun clubs etc. Then there's the multi billion dollar arms deals all over the world or the 600bn yearly military spend.

People will continue to die but nothing will change.

He won't do anything seeing as the perp is reported to have been a 64 year old white male.

Nothing, other than quickly diagnose him as ?mentally ill?, I suspect.

US Politicians debating amending the 2nd Amendment. :lol:

Tomorrow: Man lands on Pluto.

I agree with your sentiments, Jim as it goes. But that debate will never happen in our lifetimes I suspect.

Especially not with this serving President.

Yeh, your right nothing will happen, even with over 50 people killed, the all powerful gun lobby will be in overdrive trying to blame anyone and anything except guns.

It will be headline news for a few days, then it'll die down, until the next time and then the next one and so on.

Yeh, your right nothing will happen, even with over 50 people killed, the all powerful gun lobby will be in overdrive trying to blame anyone and anything except guns.

It will be headline news for a few days, then it'll die down, until the next time and then the next one and so on.

The very first thing I saw posted on Facebook about this was from a gun nuts group that a friend of mine from law school is a member of.

The admin of the group posted a link to a story about the shooting and wrote "it's going to be a tough few days".

That was the first thing on his mind.  That it was going to be tough for a few days to defend his "right" to own weapons of mass killing in the face of people outraged at this.

Words cannot adequately express my loathing for my countrymen at times.

Deadliest mass shooting in US history now and not a peep from Trump yet.

He has been briefed seemingly, but not a peep from him.

Usually quick enough when it's a terrorist attack somewhere else, but a horrendous mass shooting in the US and not a word.

Even Theresa May has condemned the attack, now that's really bad when other World leaders condemn the attack before the POTUS does in his own Country.

The very first thing I saw posted on Facebook about this was from a gun nuts group that a friend of mine from law school is a member of.

The admin of the group posted a link to a story about the shooting and wrote "it's going to be a tough few days".

That was the first thing on his mind.  That it was going to be tough for a few days to defend his "right" to own weapons of mass killing in the face of people outraged at this.

Words cannot adequately express my loathing for my countrymen at times.

I can not see any justifiable reason why an ordinary member of the public needs to own an automatic assault rifle.

America needs to seriously look at itself when you have, on an increasingly regular basis the 'bad guys' having bigger weapons then your beat cops have, or indeed many patrol cars have as well.

Archived