**Official Partick Thistle v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread**

Psychedelicropcircle

Not at all, my original remark was in essence a candid remark concerning a reply to your FIRST "over my head" remark.. LOL;

Ok still not getting it but carry on regardless, LOL

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In time we will expect to win games like today but personally I think we are a bit away from that just yet .

Still building after the Cathro fiasco and even RN 's away for was poor in the top flight . Given a few more months and another transfer window and we will be in a decent place to win these type of away games more regularly.

CL pretty much said as much in the paper the other day. There are gonna be a few grindy style results before we can change things the way he wants to, Rangers drew with them there and were lucky to do so. It's not the greatest result but we're not the greatest team. Earning points where we were losing games previously is a start.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I don't have a problem with that game today because this is where we are as a team.

I've said a few times that at best we'll slip into the top half this season. We're too limited to make a bigger impact but fortunately we're picking up points because the start of the season suggested to me that we might be in trouble

Craig Levein has said that he still has plenty of work to do to improve Hearts after they drew 1-1 at Partick Thistle.

Ross Callachan's equaliser earned his side a point and kept Hearts' unbeaten run since Levein returned to the manager's role.

The former Scotland boss said that he already saw plenty of progress since he took charge but there was room for improvement and he still had to impose a playing style.

"We're not at the stage yet where I can feel completely comfortable about the way we're playing," he said.

"I am much, much happier with the way we're working and the effort the players are putting in and the fitness figures.

"The first thing was to fix the effort and application, and we're getting that but now we have to fix our style of play.

"We can do better than what we've done."

Levein had no complaints about the result at Firhill, saying: "I thought it was a tough match, I don't think any team had domination for any length of time, it seemed to swing back and forth throughout the 90 minutes.

"I was pleased that we showed good resilience and I was hoping that resilience would extend to a goal at the end and get all three points, but all credit to Partick."

Craig Levein has said that he still has plenty of work to do to improve Hearts after they drew 1-1 at Partick Thistle.

Ross Callachan's equaliser earned his side a point and kept Hearts' unbeaten run since Levein returned to the manager's role.

The former Scotland boss said that he already saw plenty of progress since he took charge but there was room for improvement and he still had to impose a playing style.

"We're not at the stage yet where I can feel completely comfortable about the way we're playing," he said.

"I am much, much happier with the way we're working and the effort the players are putting in and the fitness figures.

"The first thing was to fix the effort and application, and we're getting that but now we have to fix our style of play.

"We can do better than what we've done."

Levein had no complaints about the result at Firhill, saying: "I thought it was a tough match, I don't think any team had domination for any length of time, it seemed to swing back and forth throughout the 90 minutes.

"I was pleased that we showed good resilience and I was hoping that resilience would extend to a goal at the end and get all three points, but all credit to Partick."

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1398406-levein-we-still-need-to-fix-hearts-style-of-play/

Can't argue with any of that , moving in the right direction for sure .

Jambof3tornado

A game we'd have lost under cathro,maybe robbie too.

A mistake for their goal(several in fact), but did they trouble us much? I know we didn't create much so a point each is probably right.

Had to check I hadn't stumbled on a Dundee FC or Hamilton Accies fans forum. Folk think a point at Patrick is a good thing?

Come on! Have a word.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Come on! Have a word.

I do think it's a sign of how badly we've regressed. We've nicked a late point away at Partick and I'm pretty happy with that. It doesn't say much for our expectation at the moment.

If this is the start of a rebuilding job under Levein then it's going to be a long haul.

will-i-am-a-jambo

Low post posters all over a  thread  like this when we draw or get beat..as usual..   FTH.

Hope you are not referring to me chief! I don't often post but lm a long term reader of jkb.

Had to check I hadn't stumbled on a Dundee FC or Hamilton Accies fans forum. Folk think a point at Patrick is a good thing?

I feel that way when I read some of your posts chief. Very rarely a positive thing to say about Hearts.

A mistake for their goal(several in fact), but did they trouble us much? I know we didn't create much so a point each is probably right.

We were rank rotten today.

Levein played this game with a let's not get beat attitude rather than let's beat this crap. Team selections and tactics like todays will drive fans away.

been here before

Levein played this game with a let's not get beat attitude rather than let's beat this crap. Team selections and tactics like todays will drive fans away.

You were spouting the same shite under Cathro.

We wont be great every single week. A draw when we arent isnt that bad at all.

I feel that way when I read some of your posts chief. Very rarely a positive thing to say about Hearts.

Maybe a problem with your reading skills then?

Is it a positive that we only take 1 point away to Patrick Thistle?

Can't argue with any of that , moving in the right direction for sure .

Just back from the game. Hard to disagree with this assessment. It'll take a while to undo all the damage

Cringey reading some of the posts on here. Last season we were supposed to be challenging for 2nd and now we're having a wee smile at getting a point at Partick. I'm not knocking CL for trying to make a silk purse from a sows ear but it's getting embarrassing now.  We got a point at Partick. Fecking Partick. Excuse me from not joining in the celebrations. 

I do think it's a sign of how badly we've regressed. We've nicked a late point away at Partick and I'm pretty happy with that. It doesn't say much for our expectation at the moment.

If this is the start of a rebuilding job under Levein then it's going to be a long haul.

We've not played at Tynecastle and it's an unusual situation without the normal stability. Need to reset the heid!

Bump. 

You were spouting the same shite under Cathro.

That's because we were rank rotten under Cathro ya wee bam. Remember i was right and you were wrong because Cathro your hero got sacked now forget him and try living in the present. I watched the game obviously you didn't.

A potential banana skin negotiated. The aim has to be to at least keep pace with the top 4 by the time we're back at Tynie. Then it's all to play for.

For the record though, Robbie won every game he played against Thistle scoring 10 and conceding 1, including a 4-0 away win.

Levein's doing a good job so far, but let's not lump Cathro and Neilson in together. Levein in fact has some way to go to match Neilson's form in his first few games in the Premiership. Fact is Robbie probably would have got a draw and been fairly happy with that too. Him and Levein are both pragmatic football managers.

J.T.F.Robertson

Cringey reading some of the posts on here. Last season we were supposed to be challenging for 2nd and now we're having a wee smile at getting a point at Partick. I'm not knocking CL for trying to make a silk purse from a sows ear but it's getting embarrassing now.  We got a point at Partick. Fecking Partick. Excuse me from not joining in the celebrations.

How many times in our history have we gone to places like Firhill, genuinely convinced we would piss it? I'd hazard a guess at not too many.

I'm certainly not celebrating, but neither am I embarrassed.

Did you miss the last 8 months and Cathro getting sacked? When you're flying high a draw at Thistle is disappointing. When you're trying to halt one of the worst slides in form I can remember a draw is acceptable.

been here before

That's because we were rank rotten under Cathro ya wee bam. Remember i was right and you were wrong because Cathro your hero got sacked now forget him and try living in the present. I watched the game obviously you didn't.

"ye wee bam"

"Cathro your hero"

:facepalm:

Does your carer know you've got to the keyboard mitch?

Whether it's the lack of squad depth but man we had hardly attacking players on the pitch until 3/4 into the game and it showed. It was a hard watch tbh.

One thing that did please me in the last 30 mins was the tempo and desire to get the ball forward and win our individual battles.

Levein's interview showing him to be the class act he is.

You don't turn a team of losers into the Harlem globetrotters in 3 weeks FFS. Sort the attitude, application, defence and losing mentality first.

Can the 'eyebleeding' crew just get to feck for a few games until we get Tynecastle back and open.

been here before

You don't turn a team of losers into the Harlem globetrotter in 3 weeks FFS. Sort the attitude, application, defence and losing mentality away first.

Can the 'eyebleeding' crew just get to feck for a few games until we get Tynecastle back and open.

You are aware that people can appreciate the improvements and inroads that Levein is making but still find some of the games hard work to watch.

Im not sure that its really a difficult concept.

You are aware that people can appreciate the improvements and inroads that Levein is making but still find some of the games hard work to watch.

Im not sure that its really a difficult concept.

Not really

Moaning about "style" 3 weeks into a new manager and an unbeaten run away from home after our recent form strikes me

of complete idiocy to be honest.

Commenting on it not being pretty is one thing - Levein agrees.

Moaning about it makes you quite a ***** IMO

You don't turn a team of losers into the Harlem globetrotters in 3 weeks FFS. Sort the attitude, application, defence and losing mentality first.

Agreed.

been here before

Not really

Moaning about "style" 3 weeks into a new manager and an unbeaten run away from home after our recent form strikes me

of complete idiocy to be honest.

Commenting on it not being pretty is one thing - Levein agrees.

Moaning about it makes you quite a ***** IMO

Nae bother.

Since you put it like that I'll bow to your evident knowledge and experience of complete idiocy.

You can't reason with idiots m8 , we are a good bit away from being confident of winning games like today .

Maybe , given our budget we should be , but the reality is we aren't .

We will get there under CL imo but it's going to take time . We are making progress but some of the deluded drainers on here will never see that .

Other than the last sentence (I applaud any Hearts fan travelling to support us), I fully agree. We have had a losers, defeatist attitude for a while and it is being broken down. We are now difficult to beat and that is an excellent start.

I fully believe in CL.

"ye wee bam"

"Cathro your hero"

:facepalm:

Does your carer know you've got to the keyboard mitch?

Have you ever been right about a Hearts team or manager. You seem to live in a fantasy world where whoever Hearts manager is he can do no wrong. All most fans do is say what they see. Take your blinkers off abd try and understand what you are watching.

I'm encouraged by Levein's comments. He's basically admitting a needs must short term approach whilst at the same time giving a nod to the support that he understands we have to become much much better under his watch. He knows the expectation is for better than that today and I'm confident he'll weed out some of the gash that unfortunately we still have on our squad. He will know we are still well short in certain areas which was very obvious today. We barely deserved a point today but I'm pleased at Levein's sensible calm approach so far. Things will improve with him at the helm. I hope the Serb will get a start next week as to me he could help with our worrying but unsurprising lack of creativity in the midfield. We clearly can ill afford to be without Lafferty for long either given our poor options up front!

Captain Canada

With the squad we have, particularly the midfield options, Levein is doing the right thing by making us hard to beat. Given our long run of away and 'neutral' venue games, it's a case of any point is a step in the right direction just now. Remember Partick just drew twice with Rangers over 90 minutes at home so are certainly no mugs.

When we do have our long run of home games, that's when we'll see the attacking style of play come to the fore. I expect Milinkovic and Walker to be a huge part of that.

been here before

Have you ever been right about a Hearts team or manager. You seem to live in a fantasy world where whoever Hearts manager is he can do no wrong. All most fans do is say what they see. Take your blinkers off abd try and understand what you are watching.

Ive got to be honest here mitch but Ive got no idea what it is you're actually ranting about.

I'm not all that convinced you know either.

The important thing is there is now leadership at team level. Cathro was useless at man management and we had no fight or spirit.

Far from the finished article but another game and another lesson.

Levein will find out our best formation by trial and error but we will get there eventually.

Be interesting to see what happens next week. Hopefully keep the fighting spirit but add a bit more in an attacking sense. Let's get a couple of goals up before trying to shut the shop.

Nae bother.

Since you put it like that I'll bow to your evident knowledge and experience of complete idiocy.

You miss the point

Anyone complaining about how we are having to fight for points away from home and moaning about a lack of style 3 weeks into a new management appointment are idiots

It's not knowledge or experience its basic common sense.

Doesn't mean I don't wish them well for game to games - good on them.

The important thing is there is now leadership at team level. Cathro was useless at man management and we had no fight or spirit.

Far from the finished article but another game and another lesson.

Levein will find out our best formation by trial and error but we will get there eventually.

Be interesting to see what happens next week. Hopefully keep the fighting spirit but add a bit more in an attacking sense. Let's get a couple of goals up before trying to shut the shop.

Definitely agree with this. Let's go and try and get ahead in the game against Dundee rather than wait until they score before trying to attack them.

We will hopefully play a different team next week with a bit more attacking options and not leave Isma so isolated

agreed.

But how long had we all been saying about the attitude and application needing fixed while under IC?

Still, many thought it would come good with complicated tactics and focus only on passing and the delusion we could teach old dogs new tricks.

agreed.

But how long had we all been saying about the attitude and application needing fixed while under IC?

Still, many thought it would come good with complicated tactics and focus only on passing and the delusion we could teach old dogs new tricks.

I eventually got to the point where I realised that Cathro needed complete team of almost self thinking footballers to play the way he wanted.

He needed us to sign 8-10 decent seasoned EPL players who could essentially drive the game themselves.

Was never going to happen but if it had we'd probably have been shit hot.

Cathro had a link in his brain missing - not sure what or why we didn't really spot it, but he did.

In the scheme of our 143 history his appointment was worth the risk.

It didn't work - we sorted it quite quickly and have made a very solid choice for replacement.

My one concern when Cathro was appointed that he'd try principally the Portuguese approach to our play. I mentioned it once. Quietly I admit because I was excited about Cathro.

Sergio tried it to begin with and failed miserably.

It's why Pedro will fail at Rangers

You can't bring a Latin type style of game here without bringing the best exponents of the style with you.

Just bk , we are a work in progress at the moment. I think we are still a bit short in the forward areas. Nevertheless, the team worked their balls off. All we can ask until we get more players in. Small steps in the right direction. We need to look to win these matches in the future but it's a decent point in the circumstances. We didn't really look under any pressure until the last ten , when the game was end to end.

It's about our midfield simple. Walker is going, Djoum is going, Martin is not fancied, Randall is bang average, Cowie is headless but tries tbf, Prince is just in a comfort zone, I've missed someone I'm sure but that leaves our midfield being spearheaded by our Harry Callachan who was recently playing 1st Div football (and is doing just great).

Aye, talking shite come naturally aye..5-1. FTH.

Yeh massive hibee me! Accuactly the 1st away game for a while but thought it was terrible - life gets in the way. Tactics too negarive. Anyway, if everyone's happy with that performance, each to their own...

For those of yous wondering, the fish wasn't hapy he couldn't turn out for Partick today!

Yeh massive hibee me! Accuactly the 1st away game for a while but thought it was terrible - life gets in the way. Tactics too negarive. Anyway, if everyone's happy with that performance, each to their own...

For those of yous wondering, the fish wasn't happy he could've turn out for Partick today!

Archived