**Official Partick Thistle v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread**

Psychedelicropcircle

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Usual posters jumping on the back of a pretty poor result.

Quite obvious that a number weren't at the game.

Shocker from McLaughlin though.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Thud and blunder but we deserved the point. We would have lost that under Cathro. I'll take it, plus our Luke remains unbeaten!

Bazzas right boot

your scottish language seems random

Aye, one has to agree with this, thanks for bringing this to my attention, ye bawbag????

Eye bleeeing bad. Really can't take anything positive out of today's performance

Yet the only reason we didn't win was because our goalie left his legs open as wide as Leith hooker with her hands covered in lube....

Eye bleeeing bad. Really can't take anything positive out of today's performance

How about taking a point away from home against a side who were unlucky not to draw with Smeltic.

Eye bleeding aye..   FTH. 

yabadabadoo1874again

Enjoyed the match ... Isma was great apart from that mental last chest high pass...but must have Been exhausted...

Yet the only reason we didn't win was because our goalie left his legs open as wide as Leith hooker with her hands covered in lube....

Love it.

The stretch from the Partick goal to about the 75 minute mark was brutal, but we were in good form at the beginning and the end.

Bazzas right boot

Nice to see a couple of posters returning from their two week hiatus.

At least for the 1st half anyway...

Welcome back. Have a good weekend everyone.

Lol

Win Our home games, get points away from him we'll be In About 3rd at least.

Lost one in six, we are still a bit light in cover and midfield is still a concern, but we've moved on from the Peterhead and Dunfermline games now and can be cautiously optimistic.

We won't win every game. It's a fact hat some on here can't cope with.

Well I called it right earlier in this thread....correct score and pointing out that we do not score enough meaning if an error or mistake is made we are vulnerable and lo and behold.

A point away is by no means a bad result but it simply shows that whilst we have changed since the new manager came in we are still not flowing in a way the fans would like to see.

Of course with a long run of home fixtures to come the league picture may not be a true reflection but we are still a work in progress

Oh and Jack Hamilton would not have let that one in

Hopefully he learns from those mistakes. Still a better keeper than Hamilton. 

Enjoyed the match ... Isma was great apart from that mental last chest high pass...but must have Been exhausted...

That was a bizarre one. Pretty well flattened Walker with the ball.

will-i-am-a-jambo

Just wondering if Lafferty had a late injury then that may have upset the game plan from the off? Could explain the lacklustre performance or l could be talking bollocks!

Still happy enough we've taken a point after a supposedly poor performance (l wasn't at the game so just going by folks comments on here).

At least we are showing a bit more fight under Levein.

How about taking a point away from home against a side who were unlucky not to draw with Smeltic.

Eye bleeding aye.. FTH.

Yes, eye bleeding bad

Decent point for us .

We are a good bit away from being confident of any away wins as yet , but it's another decent step in the right direction.

Going to take CL time to find out who he can trust regularly to deliver and to add to the squad ,

Good to see his first 2 signings as manager giving immediate returns .

Onwards to Dundee to try and keep CL's unbeaten run as manager

We don't have depth players wise but spirit wise, identity wise and structure wise we are on the way up. The former is the easiest to remedy.

Bazzas right boot

Good point.

In his ehh defence, I think he expects a better shot, it was that bad it ended up in a mistake.

yabadabadoo1874again

Just wondering if Lafferty had a late injury then that may have upset the game plan from the off? Could explain the lacklustre performance or l could be talking bollocks!

Still happy enough we've taken a point after a supposedly poor performance (l wasn't at the game so just going by folks comments on here).

Lafferty + Isma = average at best.

Isma on his tod = worked hard all game...much more effective...cant believe im saying that.

Was end to end entertaining stuff...Hearts held their nerve and kept playing..

Wondered the same -- the team setup and the opposition would be the kind of situation where Lafferty in Isma's place would have made a lot of sense.

Nobody has properly recognised yet that Patrick are no longer that team that are constantly battling relegation or an up and down the leagues team.

Patrick basically play to the level of a top 6 team - they've been building under Archibald for a couple of seasons and they are playing above their weight.

Does that mean we shouldn't be beating them?

No of course not but it means a draw away to them isn't the sort of shite result it would have been 4 years or so ago.

Am I happy? No.

But with the run of games we are on scrapping and scraping away from home and scoring late-ish equalisers isn't a bad result and is a good foundation.

Will take a point away to Partick, W2 D2 L2 from away games this season (including trips to Ibrox and Celtic park) is pretty decent. If we are about 6th place when we get Tynecastle open I'll be happy with that. Plus we are only 2 points behind rangers.

Jambof3tornado

Decent point given the way we played 1st half.

Isma is never a lone striker. If you have to play him he needs someone close by to work with.

We could have won that, but thistle fams will say the same.

Decent point for us .

We are a good bit away from being confident of any away wins as yet , but it's another decent step in the right direction.

Going to take CL time to find out who he can trust regularly to deliver and to add to the squad ,

Good to see his first 2 signings as manager giving immediate returns .

Onwards to Dundee to try and keep CL's unbeaten run as manager

nice try

We won't win many away games with that lineup. Ultra cautious but I genuinely believe due to Levein's reticence over the quality or fitness of his options rather than a negativity. I don't think he felt the Serb is yet ready to start and I don't think he rates Stockton at all. With Djoum and Lafferty out we are very limited in an attacking sense, something I think he'll remedy asap be it through a free agent or in January. We definitely can't afford to start many games with both Cowie and Randall that's for sure. I also hope we've seen the last of Grzelak for a while who appears a liability and is an incredibly limited footballer. The Serb should be in the lineup at Dens.

The problem is going to lie with the fact that drawing an away game is ok but drawing 2 games in a row is no good at all. We would be better off winning one and losing one but I think Levein wants to set us up not to lose. I'm not saying that is a bad thing but we need to try and get on the front foot against these so-called bottom half sids.

We cannot start at Dundee with that lineup we need to be more attacking from the start and I would love to see milinkovic start the game along with Lafferty if fit at the expense of Randall and Hughes.

Also get Grzelak out the side an get smith brown in.

All in all a good point gained from a pretty average performance though and we are definitely getting some balls about us again

Will take a point away to Partick, W2 D2 L2 from away games this season (including trips to Ibrox and Celtic park) is pretty decent. If we are about 6th place when we get Tynecastle open I'll be happy with that. Plus we are only 2 points behind rangers.

I agree with this, although I believe we can be higher than 6th.

It is a decent start to the league given the circumstances and we look a lot, lot harder to beat.

been here before

Not long back and have to say that was hard work.

Didnt look like a goal from where I was. Saw the header, up out my seat giving it the Oooooh then sat down again, then straight back up again as the players came running over and Milinkovic is giving Levein a bear hug.

A battling point would best describe it.

Mclauchlin though looks a liability- needs his baws booted.

Nobody has properly recognised yet that Patrick are no longer that team that are constantly battling relegation or an up and down the leagues team.

Patrick basically play to the level of a top 6 team - they've been building under Archibald for a couple of seasons and they are playing above their weight.

Does that mean we shouldn't be beating them?

No of course not but it means a draw away to them isn't the sort of shite result it would have been 4 years or so ago.

Am I happy? No.

But with the run of games we are on scrapping and scraping away from home and scoring late-ish equalisers isn't a bad result and is a good foundation.

Partick hadn't won before today and while they didn't today either , we seem to have a habit of going into these matches and hand a chink of hope to a struggling team needing points with our own off colour performance.

Its admirable with limited resources PT finished 6th but let's not kid on its a regular occurrence.

Many teams flirt with top 6 then disappear. They hit a good season but rarely keep that level.

Too often we've heard on here in the last couple of years "we shouldn't expect to win"... with all due respect its exactly the way we should think.

I'm not saying disrespect the opposition or become complacent thinking we just need yo turn up, but our attitude as a team and club should be that we believe in ourselves to go anywhere and win. If we don't win it shouldn't be for the lack of trying or playing in a way we are happy to take a draw.

I doubt very much CL didn't expect to win today. If we did have a manager who thought like that we'd be in trouble.

You insinuating I'm a Hibs fan? Not getting this banter at all Lad , but to subtle for me

Not at all, my original remark was in essence a candid remark concerning a reply to your  FIRST "over my head" remark..  LOL;   

In time we will expect to win games like today but personally I think we are a bit away from that just yet .

Still building after the Cathro fiasco and even RN 's away for was poor in the top flight . Given a few more months and another transfer window and we will be in a decent place to win these type of away games more regularly.

Archived