'The Don' Cowie.

Everybody Loves Baz!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For all the "doesn't do anything" crowd.

He's been one of our highest players and the leagues for "expected assists" in the past year.

He's always looking for forward passes where others shrink back

Perhaps it is due to the fact he always gives 100%, no matter what, and was probably the only one who did so throughout the Cathro era, but I really like Cowie and dont get the criticism.

Yes, we need guys with greater natural talent/passing ability but a good team has a mixture of flair, grit, talent and hard work and Cowie more than deserves his place.

He is also the model professional for the young players, which cannot be underestimated. Just think of the great influence guys like Bone, McDonald etc were for Robbo, Mackay, Bowman....

Djoum was pish today, gave the ball away on numerous occasions.

Utter P15h. He was constantly involved, and at the heart of some of our hest moves.

I think Djoum has been given a bit of stick unfairly. Yes he got caught on the ball a couple of times but also won the ball a lot and started a few moves. Like all the players as their confidence and fitness improves the end product will come

Diadora Van Basten

Statistics don't tell you everything but a huge amount of our play went through him as you can see from the xG Chain graph.

Possibly biased by the fact he's our set piece taker.

Bazzas right boot

He's an important part of our team atm.

He's always a 6/7. Never really poor, never that good.

Doesn't deserve the slagging he get on here.

I hope, that we will get better players and that he along with others will be replaced, as we'll be getting better players, but just now, he's an important part of our team and squad.

Deserves our support,  if we sign a Messi type player I'll be happy to drop the Don.

Perhaps it is due to the fact he always gives 100%, no matter what, and was probably the only one who did so throughout the Cathro era, but I really like Cowie and dont get the criticism.

Yes, we need guys with greater natural talent/passing ability but a good team has a mixture of flair, grit, talent and hard work and Cowie more than deserves his place.

He is also the model professional for the young players, which cannot be underestimated. Just think of the great influence guys like Bone, McDonald etc were for Robbo, Mackay, Bowman....

Last sentence is so true.

Seymour M Hersh

Over commits in the tackle and ends up trying to grab the player a fair amount. But his incredible engine, desire and drive means when opposing teams are beginning to tire midway through the 2nd half Don is still going strong and often really makes a positive difference for us. 

If find it difficult to disagree with any of this

Possibly biased by the fact he's our set piece taker.

He took about 20 corners on Saturday and I don't think any of them even made the highlights.

He took about 20 corners on Saturday and I don't think any of them even made the highlights.

Yea because the highlights are always a good reflection of the game .

He put in several excellent corners

Archived