'The Don' Cowie.

Everybody Loves Baz!

Everybody Loves Baz!

My MoM.

True professional and never gave up.

Chased everything, even lost causes.

We're a bettter team with him in it imho.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm agree with the sentiment but feel he's wasteful on the ball. Him and Djoum weren't at their best.

Djoum was pish today, gave the ball away on numerous occasions.

I didn't think Cowie was very good today.

I remain absolutely mystified why we persist with Djoum in deep midfield position, then play people like Cowie and Callachan further forward.

If one man deserves to be singled out today it is IMO Hughes. He absolutely strolled through the game against quite a potent attack.

I didn't think Cowie was very good today.

I remain absolutely mystified why we persist with Djoum in deep midfield position, then play people like Cowie and Callachan further forward.

I dont think Djoum was meant to be there but went backwards.

They all played well today, and as commented every week Cowie works his arse off, BUT he is murder on the ball. He runs about a lot, but the game just bypasses him.

I dont mind him, but he slows our midfield up.

I dont think Djoum was meant to be there but went backwards.

Seemed to be set to up to have him as the holding central midfielder. He was positioned there all game. I'd be amazed if that was against tactical instruction.

If one man deserves to be singled out today it is IMO Hughes. He absolutely strolled through the game against quite a potent attack.

... And managed to skin Stevie May for pace as well!!

...a bit disco

Thought cowie was ok. Callaghan was great. Djoum a disgrace. Hughes cigar time.

This.

Plus an honourable mention for Grzelak.

Best game in a Hearts shirt.

Everybody Loves Baz!

Man of the match? Surely a wind up. Did OK. Far better players out there than Cowie.

Opinions are like arseholes and I have both.

Thanks for your input though.

Insightful.

Don cowie offers nothing going forward on the ball and nothing at the back, cant pick a pass, can't shoot and can't tackle.. He gets my backing cause he gives 110% every week but he isn't technically any good. Gets off lightly on this forum.

Definitely an excellent professional but we are going to need far better ball players as soon as possible. Still amazed he was given a new contract when we have so much of this current season to play. 

I don't think he had his best game while in possession but his dead balls in were decent

His first couple corners were shite floaters, but then after that he whipped them in with pace (why the hell haven't we been doing that before?)

i wish jj was my dad

He never gave them a minutes peace and kept pressing them into making mistakes.  

I liked the balance of that midfield.  If Djoum could get his finger out we could do some real damage.

RalphieCifaretto

Don't know what game you were watching - every set piece Cowie took was dreadful, even resulting in some of their best chances in the game through counters.

For a senior player nowhere near good enough - hides in the game through lots of headless chicken runs - have seen him play worse but never a steadying influence who will get his foot on the ball and dictate a game.

He needs to improve or needs to get replaced.

Thought Grzelak, Souttar, Randall and Hughes played pretty well. Not sure about Callachan but willing to give him time to settle.

Still can't believe Lafferty didn't take that chance first time!

Opinions are like arseholes and I have both.

Thanks for your input though.

Insightful.

Sorry just generally surprised someone viewed him as a man of the match. Was a defensive liability in the first half and rarely got his foot on the ball which for him is a common occurrence . He does run about and tries hard which I can't fault him for but there was many players today in maroon who had a better game than Cowie.

Diadora Van Basten

My MoM.

Cowadona strikes again.

That will upset an absolute roaster on this forum, who somehow has a issue with a man that has just broken the UK International record appearances for his country.

i wish jj was my dad

That will upset an absolute roaster on this forum, who somehow has a issue with a man that has just broken the UK International record appearances for his country.

He was probably my MoM.   A proper class act.

His work rate appears to blind many imo

His work rate has been pointed out a lot given the complete lack of it from his colleagues during a dreadful spell. There was no accountability under Cathro and to a lesser extent Neilson (latterly). My hope is that with the general work rate lifted massively under a real manager we can then look to bring in better players. Cowie shouldn't be starting for Hearts for long if we are to see the progress we want under Levein. He may be a useful squad player and certainly an excellent example and professional. Still baffled at the timing of giving him a new contract as he is hardly going to be in massive demand from anyone bigger than us.

His work rate has been pointed out a lot given the complete lack of it from his colleagues during a dreadful spell. There was no accountability under Cathro and to a lesser extent Neilson (latterly). My hope is that with the general work rate lifted massively under a real manager we can then look to bring in better players. Cowie shouldn't be starting for Hearts for long if we are to see the progress we want under Levein. He may be a useful squad player and certainly an excellent example and professional. Still baffled at the timing of giving him a new contract as he is hardly going to be in massive demand from anyone bigger than us.

bang on.

I hope CL creates an environment that highlights the weak.

I felt today if we had a better player in Cowie's position (in every aspect from athleticism to quality on the ball) the midfield would be a different beast.

Son Of Anarchy

Earmarked for a coaching role I'd imagine. Admired and respected from board to players. Could perhaps explain contract?

alicante jambo

If thats the case then apologies for the hobos comment but saying he was MoM was a bit strange

No need to appologise mate you guys have a difference of opinion but theres probably 2 good hearts supporters here arguing in you two.No been a bad day so far arguing about who was motm is pretty daft.Baz is a good jambo im sure you are too.

He does nothing.

Runs about a lot and that wins him some bonus points with the fans but he is pretty pish.

That running around is essential. It puts the other team under pressure, not allowing them time to pick out passes, and drags marking players around making space for others. It's not like he's just going around in circles like a headless chicken.

Earmarked for a coaching role I'd imagine. Admired and respected from board to players. Could perhaps explain contract?

Don't see any reason why we would give him a contract so he could become a coach!  Again he's hardly going to be in massive demand. This is no slight on Cowie, I like him just found that whole scenario odd. Think its fair to say if we get the ship steadied, as was already evident today, we are going to need better players in our starting 11 fairly quickly.

That running around is essential. It puts the other team under pressure, not allowing them time to pick out passes, and drags marking players around making space for others. It's not like he's just going around in circles like a headless chicken.

wouldnt disagree with that mate but football encompasses many things as you know.

When then ball falls at his feet I don't think he offers much.

Son Of Anarchy

Don't see any reason why we would give him a contract so he could become a coach! Again he's hardly going to be in massive demand. This is no slight on Cowie, I like him just found that whole scenario odd. Think its fair to say if we get the ship steadied, as was already evident today, we are going to need better players in our starting 11 fairly quickly.

I was chatting to an ex Hearts player (recently left) and the praise he had for DC was impressive. He's made a big impact seemingly and earns his wage both on and off the field. Purely conjecture on my part but I think his contract is a thank you/appreciation/keep him here as he will be an asset. All imo of course.

My MoM.

Too old too slow and always late tracking back. We need better but have thrown a contract extension at him. Lack of any turn of pace does not improve us. If only he was young enough to try running at players when in possession.

No need to appologise mate you guys have a difference of opinion but theres probably 2 good hearts supporters here arguing in you two.No been a bad day so far arguing about who was motm is pretty daft.Baz is a good jambo im sure you are too.

Your right bud, has been a good day. I thought we played well 2nd half and more important the players looked up for it today. Thats a first for a long time

Your right bud, has been a good day. I thought we played 2nd half and more important the players looked up for it today. Thats a first for a long time

agree. A small step in the right direction.

That's where I'll disagree. He is a bit like a headless chicken.

Not for me like.

Archived