'The Don' Cowie.

Everybody Loves Baz!

alicante jambo

Your right bud, has been a good day. I thought we played 2nd half and more important the players looked up for it today. Thats a first for a long time

Good to see some fight back in the team.Its been so fecking long its incredible

Watching this cannot believe we didnt win.Unbelievable

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's where I'll disagree. He is a bit like a headless chicken.

Not for me like.

This is where im at. He`s had a good career but we`re getting nowhere near the best out of him. He`s an Impact player at best.

My MoM.

True professional and never gave up.

Chased everything, even lost causes.

We're a bettter team with him in it imho.

MOM for running about expanding lots of energy and achieving very little.

Can not fault Don for his effort, but his positive contributions are  minimal.

wattie exploited

cant believe we have people on here slagging him off always gives 100 % at least !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :helpsmilie:

Magic Numbers

As regards the contract, how do we know what he has accepted? Perhaps he has agreed to earn a bit less but with the security of a longer deal, where both club and player are aware his appearances may be reduced once the squad is finalised.

Said it before but Cowie's delivery of set pieces are always the safe option, just chip in a floater so you can at least claim to have got it in the box. Football has moved on and we should be making way more of these opportunities.

cant believe we have people on here slagging him off always gives 100 % at least !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :helpsmilie:

:wow:

Too old too slow and always late tracking back. We need better but have thrown a contract extension at him. Lack of any turn of pace does not improve us. If only he was young enough to try running at players when in possession.

See it very different to you. His running off the ball is exceptional and creates space for others players. A top player under valued by some sections of our support.

Son Of Anarchy

Too old too slow and always late tracking back. We need better but have thrown a contract extension at him. Lack of any turn of pace does not improve us. If only he was young enough to try running at players when in possession.

.[/quote

See it very different to you. His running off the ball is exceptional and creates space for others players. A top player under valued by some sections of our support.

:spoton:

.[/quote

I'm sorry, if you think there aren't better players out there we can acquire to improve that position ....I see it very different to you.

wouldnt disagree with that mate but football encompasses many things as you know.

When then ball falls at his feet I don't think he offers much.

Stats say otherwise. Created the most goal scoring chances in the league last year.

Stats say otherwise. Created the most goal scoring chances in the league last year.

We finished 5th.

Mate, over 90 minutes different things happen.

How do we improve? How do we become more dynamic in the moment? How do we generally improve the quality of play and enhance our percentage of creating chances and become more efficient in front of goal?

The midfield is crucial to that. Cowoe tries hard but as I say, and as do many others, he's not going to offer a lot in possession. His set plays are poor, his passing is basic.

Football isnt about just one element, it's about many. His is workrate which i appreciate but he's so average on the ball.

He does work hard for sure. But he's limited in possession and gives it away incredibly often.

As others have said - we need better if we're to improve.

He does work hard for sure. But he's limited in possession and gives it away incredibly often.

As others have said - we need better if we're to improve.

Crazy he was given an extension on contract but clearly Levein rates him. For me he's just not strong enough & his contribution is minimal.

This.

Plus an honourable mention for Grzelak.

Best game in a Hearts shirt.

Grzelak best game in a Hearts shirt? Thought he was poor

I find it strange that one of Cowie's plus points is that he runs about so much. You'd think a man of his experience and age would of adapted him self to strolling through games. Maybe he's just not very good?

I read Djoums interview about Levein and although there was a lot of compliments in it, it seemed like he was having a Wee dig at times. His Heart wasn't in it today. Needs to go imo.

I had all but written the guy off before yesterday.

Thought he had a good game.

letsalldothebeattie

Not for me. Cowie done ok yesterday but for me Connor Randall was MOTM the laddie was excellent in that wing back role

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See it very different to you. His running off the ball is exceptional and creates space for others players. A top player under valued by some sections of our support.[/quote

Absolutely spot on . Lots of people have decided Cowie is crap . They quite clearly don't watch what he does . This is highlighted by the comments on this thread about how poor his set pieces are ! Watch the game again and tell me his corners are crap !

A few folk around me moaned about Cowie but I've managed to convince them that he is always in the right place at the right time, by pointing it out when he makes a block or clearance.

When you start looking for it, you realise how often it happens.

When he doesn't play we really miss his running.

He was excellent in our win at Killie. Still closing players down in the last few minutes and stopping them from having a late surge.

He is frustrating on the ball and doesn't drive forward as much as he should but if he had that in his game he wouldn't be here.

I agree that it would be ideal if we got someone better than him so that he could be an option off the bench.

Callaghan and Randall both had a good game so it's possible that Randall will move back to the centre when Smith comes back and Cowie could be dropped, but will Callaghan and Randall be able to match his work rate to stop the opposition?

My MoM.

True professional and never gave up.

Chased everything, even lost causes.

We're a bettter team with him in it imho.

what game were you watching, he done ok though

He's a good and important player for us and is actually deceptively creative as he creates things with simple passes.

He didn't have much of a game yesterday though.

i wish jj was my dad

He does nothing.

Runs about a lot and that wins him some bonus points with the fans but he is pretty pish.

Nonsense. His pressing is putting the opposition under pressure and forcing them into mistakes which was one of the reasons we won the midfield against a team who have blown everybody away all season.

It's laughable how people make their minds up despite the evidence in front of them.

I'm delighted we've got big Craig in the dugout. He kens the score.

His pressing is mainly ineffectual. He rarely wins the ball back high up the park, infact both Walker and Callachan did it to better effect. He's neither quick nor physical enough to be effective at winning the ball back and ends up being pulled way out of position. He left Grzelak exposed 2nd half on a few occasions because of this.

He gave the ball away numerous times yesterday, as he tends to do when he tries to play forward. His set pieces were average to poor.

Cowie gives experience and a good attitude but thats about the extent of it. Depressingly it appears that this in itself will be enough to cement him in the first 11 for the forseeable.

way out west jambo

High work rate but not very good at passing, tackling or reading the game. Seems to put a lot of effort into pointless runs which then leaves us 1 down in the middle of the park while he tracks back in

That's where I'll disagree. He is a bit like a headless chicken.

It's not often I agree with you Beats... and once again I disagree with you Beats.

I'm with Ray Gin on this one, takes the pressure off his team mates with his work rate. He's a great asset to the team, it takes different strokes to make a good team. He's not a baller but that's whst walker is for.

BRAVEHEART1874

cowie is our best player? We gave the ball away far too much against aberdeen in the midfield especially the first half and that included him didn't it ? but he does run about a lot so he must be our best player even pensioner kenny miller does that though.

Got to agree Grzelak is a liability, no pace, is almost guaranteed a yellow card every other game, he's treading water until Smith - Brown is available, although I've no idea how good he is either.

Tries to play at 100 mph. Far too wasteful in possession imo.

Unusual for such an experienced player to be so wasteful in possession

Archived