Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

7 minutes ago, husref musemic said:

if there's 2nd referendum the losers can just say they didn't understand and campaign for a third.

True

• Replies 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, husref musemic said:

if there's 2nd referendum the losers can just say they didn't understand and campaign for a third.

Yes

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, husref musemic said:

Folk can campaign at any time for anything they want.

If I have my arithmetic correct, this current situation is already the second EU referendum.

We voted in 40 years ago.

Will of the people.

Then people spent 40 years moaning about it and got their 2nd referendum.

::troll::

This actually might be the UK's first anarchic / nihilistic government.      When you actually consider what they're doing.     

Blue rinse brigade and anarchy.    The Pistols would be appalled.    

Edited by Victorian

Matt Hancock gives me the pure boak.     Slimy ****ing used car salesman.     Utterly depressing that we're governed by reptiles like him.

Looks like the EU side has dispelled the fairytales of the so-called managed no deal.     It is and always was a wholly concocted notion to facilitate a simple no deal.

No deal... but everything will be fine.   Honest.

Francis Albert
18 hours ago, Cade said:

If I have my arithmetic correct, this current situation is already the second EU referendum.

We voted in 40 years ago.

Will of the people.

Then people spent 40 years moaning about it and got their 2nd referendum.

::troll::

True. Only fair we remainers should get another "Peoples Vote". In 2056 or thereabouts.

Edited by Francis Albert

5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Tories show their class again. Feck off back to Scotland was the cry to Scottish MPs.

Arseholes. 

When the PM tried block an Indyref2, she'll be told of the small matter of the claim of right and the Majority in Holyrood for Independence voted into power by the sovereignty of the Scottish people. Nae luck Slenderman, enjoy yer No deal brexit.

The Mighty Thor
17 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Correct. I think the quote was "go back to the Isle of skye" but the message was loud and clear.

Nicholas Soames apparently.

Churchill's grandson and all round helmet. 

The kind of tugger that has us in this mess to begin with. 

4 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Nicholas Soames apparently.

Churchill's grandson and all round helmet. 

The kind of tugger that has us in this mess to begin with. 

If it was a different nationality, such as Poland or Pakistan it would be uproar and called racism. 

How the feck is that acceptable. Same MP barked like a dog at another female SNP MP as well. 

Outrageous call from Soames. 

But, yeh, lets just lie down and take it.  Classic Scotland. Wee scamps.

It's pretty common to throw insults in House of Commons as people are speaking. Meanwhile they are ultra polite in addressing each other. Bizarre place. 

Not sure what to add re that.   Soames has been a fairly sensible character in the past,  often making good, measured sense.    

It's symptomatic of the breakdown of respect in parliament.     The government takes the utter piss pretty much all the time so the free-for-all of contempt was bound to filter down.    

A post-Brexit parliament may never recover to what it once was.    

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's pretty common to throw insults in House of Commons as people are speaking. Meanwhile they are ultra polite in addressing each other. Bizarre place. 

Westminster is shitty death, just boorish wankers scoring points and throwing insults with no concept of reality for the ordinary people they're meant to be representing. It's so far removed from what a responsible and transparent democracy should be it's unreal.

Edited by Smithee

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Westminster is shitty death, just boorish wankers scoring points and throwing insults with no concept of reality for the ordinary people they're meant to be representing. It's so far removed from what a responsible and transparent democracy should be it's unreal.

Yep.  Quite depressed about the place.    Mainly the contempt shown by the government but also the daily duplicity acted out by many others.    A lot of them talk about the national interest of preventing a no deal result but it is always alongside the ever-present desperation to play party politics.

Even those who largely agree with each other across the benches insist in trying to ridicule each other.    It's a dysfunctional chimps tea party.

12 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Joanna Cherry SNP was making snide comments continually today. 

It's expected it seems.

Edited by Mikey1874

The Mighty Thor
23 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It is the rough and tumble of the pantomime that 'runs' the country. 

Its mired in the era of the empire,  like many of its inhabitants. 

The Mighty Thor

They're making plans to deploy troops. 

There's apparently plans in place to draft large numbers of Police officers to northern Ireland.  

Its all coming along nicely. 

5 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

They're making plans to deploy troops. 

There's apparently plans in place to draft large numbers of Police officers to northern Ireland.  

Its all coming along nicely. 

I have no problem with them having a comprehensive contingency plan to cover all eventualities.     They don't half want to publicise the extent of the plans though.      It's quite a ham-fisted,  naive piece of brinkmanship that will have convinced very few people.     

Edited by Victorian

1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

It’s a pity SNP don’t put as much effort into governing the country as they do when serial moaning 

Yer talking shite as per usual, I see. 

The Mighty Thor
8 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I have no problem with them having a comprehensive contingency plan to cover all eventualities.     They don't half want to publicise the extent of the plans though.      It's quite a ham-fisted,  naive piece of brinkmanship that will have convinced very few people.     

Yes hearing that Maybot thinks it might be time think about contingencies for a no deal with only 100 days to go does not fill one with confidence. 

* im well aware they're not just starting planning today. Hopefully.

21 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

It’s a pity SNP don’t put as much effort into governing the country as they do when serial moaning 

SNP MPs are not running Westminster.

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Tories show their class again. Feck off back to Scotland was the cry to Scottish MPs.

26 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Surprise Surprise, not a mention on EBC Scotland and their top agent Jackie The Cant Bird.

I feel you Oz

The Mighty Thor
31 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

How's Westminster doing on the day job front?

33 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Two sides to that .

At least.

Anna Soubry just took out the trash on the government re 'no deal / managed no deal / no deal glidepath'.     

No deal glidepath.     This is the new polishing technique on turds.     

Anna Soubry is quickly making herself a candidate to lead one half of a future split Tory Party.      She's an impressive speaker.

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Anna Soubry just took out the trash on the government re 'no deal / managed no deal / no deal glidepath'.     

No deal glidepath.     This is the new polishing technique on turds.     

Anna Soubry is quickly making herself a candidate to lead one half of a future split Tory Party.      She's an impressive speaker.

Part of the team to work on a consensus hopefully soon. 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

May must still think she can get her vote won. 

Delusional.  

She does.   She has a thoroughly transparent strategy of project fear + handcuffing parliament until the clock runs down.     She treats people like imbeciles but her colleagues are not imbeciles.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

She gives some hope.     Straight talking and genuine motives.

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

May must still think she can get her vote won. 

Delusional.  

She's running the clock down so the only option is her Deal.

Or of course, no deal.

9 minutes ago, Cade said:

She's running the clock down so the only option is her Deal.

Or of course, no deal.

The vote on the Deal is probably 15/16 January or thereabouts.

Teresa May then has, by the law passing the Brexit arrangements 21 days to come back to Parliament with alternative arrangements. That would be around February 7. Only 7 weeks before we're due to leave. 

Better would be a vote around 16 January on an agreed amendment on the way forward. 

The vote should have been this week.

Edited by Mikey1874

Francis Albert
15 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Anna Soubry on the consenaus team? Jacob RM  too?

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Anna Soubry on the consenaus team? Jacob RM  too?

No.  The consensus will be to manage the avoidance of no deal suicide.   JRM is clearly very happy to no deal.

The hard right,  hard Brexit cabal have had their chance to force no deal.    Hopefully unsuccessfully.    They have no place and no part to play in the recovery process.     Suggesting lunatics like him should be involved is just embarrassing.

I see Ian Blackford is now Scotland and Scotland is Ian Blackford....

...I assume we are all offended as a nation because one man was rudely interrupted.

Bigger fish to fry at the moment lads. As petty as Brexiteers saying the PM was insulted at Salzburg and so Britain as a whole should be outraged. Patriotic nonsense; buy war bonds type tattle.

I find it reassuring that despite pay restraint , she found £1 billion to recruit the dup, and another £2 billion for the no deal pot. Things must be cool if she can find £3 billion lying around 

The Mighty Thor
Just now, doctor jambo said:

I find it reassuring that despite pay restraint , she found £1 billion to recruit the dup, and another £2 billion for the no deal pot. Things must be cool if she can find £3 billion lying around 

Pennies in the pound when the arse falls out the whole thing on 30/3

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

You shouldn’t drink on an empty head.

8 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Pennies in the pound when the arse falls out the whole thing on 30/3

You reckon that is the plan? Crash the currency so write your debt off?

The Mighty Thor
8 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

You reckon that is the plan? Crash the currency so write your debt off?

No I meant that the 3bn will seem like pennies when the economy tanks. 

I genuinely don't think there's any plan other than hard Brexit. 

There's no concept of consequences either.

6 hours ago, JamboX2 said:

I see Ian Blackford is now Scotland and Scotland is Ian Blackford....

...I assume we are all offended as a nation because one man was rudely interrupted.

Bigger fish to fry at the moment lads. As petty as Brexiteers saying the PM was insulted at Salzburg and so Britain as a whole should be outraged. Patriotic nonsense; buy war bonds type tattle.

Aw x2 is now fully :insufferable:

Just a matter of time until it's said to you.

Tick Tock!

Edited by ri Alban

5 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Black ford certainly takes up a fair chunk of Scotland

:yadayada: Fecking SNP, Fecking SNP, Fecking SNP...

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )