Cancelling of direct debits.

The Old Tolbooth

We are or about to be fan owned club.There is less coming out of tynecastle news wise you would think Vlad was still there.F O H must try and find out what is going on.The fans are being treated like shit so do you blame them for cancelling it works both ways.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Old Tolbooth

John,

What do they think they will achieve by cancelling dd to FOH.?

I've no idea mate, maybe it gives them a sense of doing something in a small way of protesting? [emoji848]

I'm sorry but going home & away doesn't make them "seriously heavy hitters". My thoughts are it's a free country and if they want to cancel DD's then that's there choice. Putting it on Facebook is just look at me vanity and pretty pathetic. Maybe your easily impressed John.

Not easily impressed at all, I just noticed a common theme among normally hardened fans and thought, hmmmmm [emoji848][emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mars plastic

They are supporters.

Just ******* stupid ones

And what exactly are those supporters who don't put in?

What about supporters who don't go to games but put in? What are they?

Name some then

Well you've proven you can write - there's one. Get a bed sheet and a black crayon and take it to the next game with "Caffro Oot" written on it.

I presume you can speak so hang around Riccarton and/or Wheatfield and mouth off.

Hand your season ticket back and offer the seats up to Big Hearts but tell the club the reason why.

Hire a plane

Get you and both your mates to take some black balloons to the next game and throw them down towards the pitch just before kick off

Boo loudly at every opportunity at any game you go to

Get you and both your mates to try and start a chant about getting sacked in the morning. You could vary it by having one that goes along the lines of you don't know what you're doing

Anything else?

Lunacy to cancel direct debits. Good riddance to those that do.

This is almost as stupid as people cancelling their direct debits because they don't like the manager.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Back you all the way on this one. Any funding makes you a supporter

I've seen on my Facebook four separate people cancelling their direct debits today as a protest against what's going on at the club, some seriously heavy hitters as well who go home and away every week, if people like these fans are cancelling direct debits, then it sends out a serious message to the club as they see it as the only way the club will listen.

They are utter clowns , that's my opinion

What are people's thoughts on this?

Stop going to away games

Turn up late/leave early re home games

I know where you are coming from Dagger, but I think plenty are leaving early already re home games......however having experienced watching from Row 23 in Wheatfield the last 3 games, I am not surprised folk leave early!!

Suppose it's early training for me when I take my seat in Row 32 of new stand come September!!

Bang on Mars.

Far too much uber fan nonsense.

My Dad contributes to FOH but is of too ill health to attend matches.

Massive Hearts man and I'm not being biased. :)

This was always a danger with FOH contributions. Personally I think it's knee jerk to cancel during poor periods but at the same time I can understand people who really care about Hearts not wanting their money squandered.

They possibly see it as a "cruel to be kind" manoeuvre and hope it brings a change which will then see them return to contributing.

I just hope most see FOH contributions as a lifetime commitment and ride out the bad times. In the long run, as we are seeing already in a short time, it has huge benefits for the club.

These people need to realise that we were on the brink of not having a team to support. We are in tough times but I for one am still happy to have the club to support

Can't see it being many , a few hot heads not thinking straight and a few that were looking for an excuse to stop probably covers it .

Conceited arseholes. They're not as important as they think they are.

And I want Cathro out too.

It strikes me as being a very lazy protest. Go online and click a button to cancel a DD. And it's fairly anonymous. But I guess that's why these heavy hitters (perhaps it's rhyming slang?) then go onto FB and tell their multitude of friends. Whatever, cool story.

I won't cancel mine. It's the only realistic way I can support Hearts. I understand however the massive level of frustration and could understand people suspending their membership until Cathro, McPhee and Levein are gone.

Like many, just thinking about Hearts these days almost makes me feel physically sick.

Imo, Levein has been the one stupid error Anne Budge has made.

Well you've proven you can write - there's one. Get a bed sheet and a black crayon and take it to the next game with "Caffro Oot" written on it.

I presume you can speak so hang around Riccarton and/or Wheatfield and mouth off.

Hand your season ticket back and offer the seats up to Big Hearts but tell the club the reason why.

Hire a plane

Get you and both your mates to take some black balloons to the next game and throw them down towards the pitch just before kick off

Boo loudly at every opportunity at any game you go to

Get you and both your mates to try and start a chant about getting sacked in the morning. You could vary it by having one that goes along the lines of you don't know what you're doing

Anything else?

some right cracking ideas. Obviously your not being serious with them

lost in space

A lot of name calling by the majority - who are mostly doing NOTHING to make changes.

The real fans (in my view) are those who are protesting by writing to the club / writing to F o H / cancelling payments (or threatening to). At least they are trying. Sometimes you have to go down before you can go back up, as the song goes....

Maroon tinted glasses 2

I can fully understand if this happening and although not everyone agrees with it I would hope it gets the message over. FOH have asked the fans to set up direct debits and assist with the longterm security of the club, they have a voice and should act on behalf of said contributors when they notice a change that could have a negative impact.

The results have been embarrassing and the current state of the footballing setup is clearly not working. All of our senior management were at the game yesterday and must have clearly heard the fans are not happy.

Cathro should have been relieved of his services immediately after the game as he has cost us much much more in lost revenue from the next round of the cup and last seasons placing than what we will lose from cancelled direct debits. Our current owners have been quick enough to hold out the bowl as well as condemn any of our supporters who step even the slightest out of line but the silence over this and a few other issues recently has been shocking, so maybe if people are actually cancelling its not because they want to its because they feel backed into a corner whereby it's the only thing the club will actually take notice of.

A lot of name calling by the majority - who are mostly doing NOTHING to make changes.

The real fans (in my view) are those who are protesting by writing to the club / writing to F o H / cancelling payments (or threatening to). At least they are trying. Sometimes you have to go down before you can go back up, as the song goes....

Spot on theres no eay everyone will agree on whats the best way to protest.

But sittingl on the internet slagging of others who are trying something sums up the a lot of our support.

Far to many people up there own arses thinking they're better fans than the rest

Marooned in Sec Z

It's an individual choice and everyone is entitled to spend their money how they want. However as much as the situation is pissing me off at he moment I personally couldn't cancel my DD. I think there are other ways to make our feelings known to the board and to be honest I think they would have got the message loud and clear yesterday.

Glamorous Glue

Not renewing season tickets was the protest answer if you were unhappy with the manager. It's the same guy as 6 weeks ago.

PeterintheRain

People are naturally going to threaten to cancel their pledges as there is no light at the end of the tunnel,we have suffered this crap for long enough from administration to where we are now a club with the most loyal fans you could ask for yet players and a management team that don't give a shit about fans and a DOF who is having an "experiment".Hearts will always be the most important club in the world to me I just want to see that passion replicated from the powers at be,some passion,some excitement it's been absolutely brutal being a Jambo for too long.

We have the worst fans in Scotland, probably planet Earth.   What were these loyal fans doing yesterday?   Sitting in absolute silence apart from bellowing abuse at the manager every time a pass went astray.   It was ridiculous.   If Ian Cathro leaves Hearts then he'll find a job at a club with supporters and not wnkers and end up being a success.   You know he will, once he's away from the Glasgow scum media and the jambo arsehole army.

I tend not to believe these rumours, same as the ST non renewers turned out to be nonsense. Folk who back FoH (and who get STs) are long term thinkers and died in the wool fans, as it's clear the donations are for the long-term. They are not the delusional twits who infest this board and social media with their knee-jerk abuse and constant negativity.

FoH gives the fans a voice on the Board (2 voices actually).  Rather than cancel DDs, FoH members who feel strongly enough should be contacting FoH to make their concerns known and insisting that these concerns are given voice at the next Board meeting.

To be honest, I don't think Ann Budge will be in any doubt as to what the fans think anyway, and she must be concerned herself at the disastrous League Cup campaign, on the back of the overall poor performance since Cathro was appointed.

I doubt she achieved the success she did in business by shirking big decisions, and she has a biggie on her hands now.  She cannot afford to alienate the fans at this time.

We don't need people like them.

They can go **** themselves.

We actually do need people like "them" - Hearts fans who are totally jaundiced by Levein and his ridiculous appointment of a totally inadequate Head Coach.

There needs to be a clear out at Tynecastle before the whole FoH enterprise starts unravelling!!!

We actually do need people like "them" - Hearts fans who are totally jaundiced by Levein and his ridiculous appointment of a totally inadequate Head Coach.

There needs to be a clear out at Tynecastle before the whole FoH enterprise starts unravelling!!!

I'd stick to the stadium thread... trying to justify people cancelling their direct debits because you don't like Levein is ridiculous.

alanthejambo

People are hurting and they care about the club. People react in different ways. If the club thinks they can ignore the fans and carry on with Cathro then their will be consequences. Won't cancel my self but others will. Club needs to sort this now

I want Cathro out. ..rather he walked than got sacked but that's just me.

In any case due to positive circumstances at work I've up'd my donations by ?40 a month - done last week. Anyone looking to reduce or stop in reality don't care for the club unless circumstances at home/work change.

Let's stay behind our fantastic club 'sanity will prevail'

We have the worst fans in Scotland, probably planet Earth. What were these loyal fans doing yesterday? Sitting in absolute silence apart from bellowing abuse at the manager every time a pass went astray. It was ridiculous. If Ian Cathro leaves Hearts then he'll find a job at a club with supporters and not wnkers and end up being a success. You know he will, once he's away from the Glasgow scum media and the jambo arsehole army.

You're not well man.

Probably the most loyal fans to get behind their club and not only save it but support financially building a main stand. Arseholes aside i think we probably dont rank low in the worst fans table.

JamboJimmyB

Any talk of cancelling direct debits to hurt the club as a protest against Cathro is shan chat and misguided in the extreme.

There are other ways of protesting, and of communicating your feelings to the club, which cause less hurt to the club itself.

Fxxx the SPFL

I've seen on my Facebook four separate people cancelling their direct debits today as a protest against what's going on at the club, some seriously heavy hitters as well who go home and away every week, if people like these fans are cancelling direct debits, then it sends out a serious message to the club as they see it as the only way the club will listen.

quite sad John and even if it was true I wouldn't be starting a thread about it knuckle draggers down lochend will be loving this. If I was you I would be having a go at them because they are only hurting the club they say they support. Threating to cancel subscription is a different matter that may be more effective. The wife is on your Facebook page John.

We have the worst fans in Scotland, probably planet Earth.

For the millionth time, stop exaggerating.

colinmaroon

Anybody who cancels there DD to FoH for this reason are lily-livered, spineless spongleworthies. 

Your sense of entitlement is nauseating and, topically, if you had been at Dunkirk, you would have run all the way to Berlin to surrender.

Keep your money!  We don't need it!!!

We have the worst fans in Scotland, probably planet Earth.   What were these loyal fans doing yesterday?   Sitting in absolute silence apart from bellowing abuse at the manager every time a pass went astray.   It was ridiculous.   If Ian Cathro leaves Hearts then he'll find a job at a club with supporters and not wnkers and end up being a success.   You know he will, once he's away from the Glasgow scum media and the jambo arsehole army.

Sitting (in silence) at the game yesterday, it did occur to me that if I started to sing, maybe we'd win. We'll never know, now, and that will haunt me.

The Old Tolbooth

quite sad John and even if it was true I wouldn't be starting a thread about it knuckle draggers down lochend will be loving this. If I was you I would be having a go at them because they are only hurting the club they say they support. Threating to cancel subscription is a different matter that may be more effective. The wife is on your Facebook page John.

I'm not about to have a go at anyone for doing it mate, each to their own and all that and life is too short. [emoji106]

Also, I couldn't give a monkeys what Hibs fans think, their greatest successes had always been our failures, they'll never change.

Anybody who cancels there DD to FoH for this reason are lily-livered, spineless spongleworthies.

Your sense of entitlement is nauseating and, topically, if you had been at Dunkirk, you would have run all the way to Berlin to surrender.

Keep your money! We don't need it!!!

I think you need to re-read the post again and step away from the bottle Rev I M Jolly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mars plastic

You don't half post some pish.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

"lily-livered"? :facepalm:

portobellojambo1

I won't cancel mine. It's the only realistic way I can support Hearts. I understand however the massive level of frustration and could understand people suspending their membership until Cathro, McPhee and Levein are gone.

Like many, just thinking about Hearts these days almost makes me feel physically sick.

Imo, Levein has been the one stupid error Anne Budge has made.

You may well have hit it on the head, but in making that appointment she has also created a situation which becomes difficult to amend. Ann Budge was honest enough at the outset to admit she didn't know what was involved in running a football club, she was a very good business woman, but admitted running a football club needed a different type of expertise. She spoke with Craig Levein for guidance, who she did know, and following those discussions rather than then looking to obtain applications for the positions which she felt needed to be filled she created a role of Director of Football and gave it to Craig Levein. He is someone who will never get anything but total admiration from me as a player, he had class, but as a person he comes across as a very arrogant, self centred sort of person, not the nicest of individuals. While I agree with aspects such as looking to bring more youngsters through our academy I'm not at all convinced by the people that have been put in place as coaches to those youngsters, coaches that will form the basis of a ladder up to becoming first team coach. I understand the idea of having all levels of football playing similarly, but the type of football that is being aimed for has to stem from the first team downwards, and we haven't done that. We had a season in the Championship where we watched football that we all enjoyed, and the main reason for that was we were watching a team that was playing confidently and  in a winning way. The template should have kicked off from that, with a structure downwards which would do nothing more than make that style of play even more enforced and having the youngsters understanding what they were aiming for, what they needed to achieve. But instead we've created a brand of football which is absolutely boring at all the levels I've witnessed it at. Whether some like it or not a football club thrives based on what is happening on the park, and it is also a catalyst for filling empty seats when the size of the stadium increases. We have sold around the same number of seats as last season, but actually have an extra 7,000 seats available. While the new stand was needed what I don't want to hear in future is things like "Went to Tynecastle this afternoon with some business colleagues, HMFC were absolutely pish to watch but we did get some excellent scoff, so may decide to go back once a year". What I do want to hear is things like "Went to Tynecastle this afternoon with some business colleagues, we were looked after excellently in hospitality and ate top notch scoff, then watched HMFC perform really well on the park and we will be back regularly and will take a block of seats for our guests". What happens on the park defines how well a football club get on in general and it needs to be the focal point to success.

So to the present situation, and people saying they have cancelled their direct debits to FoH. It would be wrong to say anything other than it is disappointing, however it is understandable, they cannot see any possibility of change.  . I've read through this thread and many of the responses are predictable. I do know the people that John alluded to in his opening post, a number of them were very prominent in Save our Hearts and their lives revolve around both following HMFC and supporting them heavily financially. Again the posts on here which say they've probably never put a penny into the club couldn't be further from the truth. I suspect they also probably know that removing their money may not be the answer but I think it is more a case of hoping that someone in the club, Ann Budge for example, becomes aware of what people are thinking and doing, works out the reason why and makes changes to the route the football side of the business is going down.

We have to be brutally honest, the football was deteriorating under Robbie Neilson, he wasn't pushed out of the club, he chose to move to MK Dons for a different challenge. We hoped we would get back on track and Ian Cathro was appointed. He was known to be a very good coach, and I genuinely hoped he would succeed. The quality of player brought in for the start of this season looks better, although I don't think we addressed the positions of goalkeeper and a midfielder or two, but despite playing reasonably well in the friendlies we are nowhere near where I hoped. However, simply replacing Ian Cathro with another young inexperienced manager will achieve the square root of zero. Additional changes are needed to attract the sort of manager needed, including rethinknig the overall structure of the footballing side and removing the existing Director of Football. The problem comes that if Ann wants to get some background on the football side before making a decision the man she will have to turn to is Craig Levein, who regretfully I feel has to be relieved of his position for us to move on. He isn't going to present a report to Ann which is an admission of failure, which means it is unlikely Ann will dismiss him. I think it is even more unlikely he will resign off his own back. The people withdrawing there sometimes huge financial input are aware the overall changes might not happen without additional actions and whether many agree with them or not they do not want to continue funding something which they don't feel is going down the right road.

In many of the posts on this thread there is wording which indicates they are wrong to do so, and we have a stand to pay for, but not any posts which mention what is happening on the park. As people who follow the club here, there and everywhere their thoughts tend to reflect mine. The difference, my ST costs me around ?480 a season, and my monthly contribution to FoH is a figure which won't make an awful lot of difference whether it is there or not. For at least two of those who have posted on FB today their outgoings on ST's for this season is around ?9,000, combined and only a small fraction of the money they have piled into the club over the years. That money will be potentially lost to the club, there are many other who are also expressing concerns about the football side. The last thing we want is for income to fall, the number of seats occupied to drop yet the club stick with the structure in place and tumble downwards instead of looking to compete with those at the top end of the league. Change is needed at the club, and that change has to be more than a replacement of the existing head coach, but how do we achieve it. If I was able to put in the same sort of money that some can my voice would be a lot louder as well.

Highly likely those 'cancelling' never had one in the first place

Lol aye just cancel something you never had

Chuck Berry

You may well have hit it on the head, but in making that appointment she has also created a situation which becomes difficult to amend. Ann Budge was honest enough at the outset to admit she didn't know what was involved in running a football club, she was a very good business woman, but admitted running a football club needed a different type of expertise. She spoke with Craig Levein for guidance, who she did know, and following those discussions rather than then looking to obtain applications for the positions which she felt needed to be filled she created a role of Director of Football and gave it to Craig Levein. He is someone who will never get anything but total admiration from me as a player, he had class, but as a person he comes across as a very arrogant, self centred sort of person, not the nicest of individuals. While I agree with aspects such as looking to bring more youngsters through our academy I'm not at all convinced by the people that have been put in place as coaches to those youngsters, coaches that will form the basis of a ladder up to becoming first team coach. I understand the idea of having all levels of football playing similarly, but the type of football that is being aimed for has to stem from the first team downwards, and we haven't done that. We had a season in the Championship where we watched football that we all enjoyed, and the main reason for that was we were watching a team that was playing confidently and  in a winning way. The template should have kicked off from that, with a structure downwards which would do nothing more than make that style of play even more enforced and having the youngsters understanding what they were aiming for, what they needed to achieve. But instead we've created a brand of football which is absolutely boring at all the levels I've witnessed it at. Whether some like it or not a football club thrives based on what is happening on the park, and it is also a catalyst for filling empty seats when the size of the stadium increases. We have sold around the same number of seats as last season, but actually have an extra 7,000 seats available. While the new stand was needed what I don't want to hear in future is things like "Went to Tynecastle this afternoon with some business colleagues, HMFC were absolutely pish to watch but we did get some excellent scoff, so may decide to go back once a year". What I do want to hear is things like "Went to Tynecastle this afternoon with some business colleagues, we were looked after excellently in hospitality and ate top notch scoff, then watched HMFC perform really well on the park and we will be back regularly and will take a block of seats for our guests". What happens on the park defines how well a football club get on in general and it needs to be the focal point to success.

So to the present situation, and people saying they have cancelled their direct debits to FoH. It would be wrong to say anything other than it is disappointing, however it is understandable, they cannot see any possibility of change.  . I've read through this thread and many of the responses are predictable. I do know the people that John alluded to in his opening post, a number of them were very prominent in Save our Hearts and their lives revolve around both following HMFC and supporting them heavily financially. Again the posts on here which say they've probably never put a penny into the club couldn't be further from the truth. I suspect they also probably know that removing their money may not be the answer but I think it is more a case of hoping that someone in the club, Ann Budge for example, becomes aware of what people are thinking and doing, works out the reason why and makes changes to the route the football side of the business is going down.

We have to be brutally honest, the football was deteriorating under Robbie Neilson, he wasn't pushed out of the club, he chose to move to MK Dons for a different challenge. We hoped we would get back on track and Ian Cathro was appointed. He was known to be a very good coach, and I genuinely hoped he would succeed. The quality of player brought in for the start of this season looks better, although I don't think we addressed the positions of goalkeeper and a midfielder or two, but despite playing reasonably well in the friendlies we are nowhere near where I hoped. However, simply replacing Ian Cathro with another young inexperienced manager will achieve the square root of zero. Additional changes are needed to attract the sort of manager needed, including rethinknig the overall structure of the footballing side and removing the existing Director of Football. The problem comes that if Ann wants to get some background on the football side before making a decision the man she will have to turn to is Craig Levein, who regretfully I feel has to be relieved of his position for us to move on. He isn't going to present a report to Ann which is an admission of failure, which means it is unlikely Ann will dismiss him. I think it is even more unlikely he will resign off his own back. The people withdrawing there sometimes huge financial input are aware the overall changes might not happen without additional actions and whether many agree with them or not they do not want to continue funding something which they don't feel is going down the right road.

In many of the posts on this thread there is wording which indicates they are wrong to do so, and we have a stand to pay for, but not any posts which mention what is happening on the park. As people who follow the club here, there and everywhere their thoughts tend to reflect mine. The difference, my ST costs me around ?480 a season, and my monthly contribution to FoH is a figure which won't make an awful lot of difference whether it is there or not. For at least two of those who have posted on FB today their outgoings on ST's for this season is around ?9,000, combined and only a small fraction of the money they have piled into the club over the years. That money will be potentially lost to the club, there are many other who are also expressing concerns about the football side. The last thing we want is for income to fall, the number of seats occupied to drop yet the club stick with the structure in place and tumble downwards instead of looking to compete with those at the top end of the league. Change is needed at the club, and that change has to be more than a replacement of the existing head coach, but how do we achieve it. If I was able to put in the same sort of money that some can my voice would be a lot louder as well.

Great post, but hey, let's just call those who are very concerned at the current situation and have taken the difficult decision to cancel as "roasters" or something else, because that helps.....

Fxxx the SPFL

I'm not about to have a go at anyone for doing it mate, each to their own and all that and life is too short. [emoji106]

Also, I couldn't give a monkeys what Hibs fans think, their greatest successes had always been our failures, they'll never change.

I think you need to re-read the post again and step away from the bottle Rev I M Jolly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John I wouldn't have a go at my mates I would try and have a rational conversation with them and ask them what they hope to achieve by depriving the very club they say they support of much needed income. My pledge is for life providing I can afford it but watch the headlines in hobo news tomorrow and they do quote from kickback you might get a mention.

Archived