Cancelling of direct debits.

The Old Tolbooth

Rocky jamboa

A bit of an aside to this but if we're meant to be fan owned, surely a 95% vote (out of over 1200 fans) must hold some weight???

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nelly Terraces

Absolute roasters

Absolutely up to them.

Are they as much 'roasters' as people who've never put money in, in the 1st place? Love your holier than thou sanctimonious attitude - utterly laughable.

davemclaren

A bit of an aside to this but if we're meant to be fan owned, surely a 95% vote (out of over 1200 fans) must hold some weight???

It's up to the Hearts Board to decide. I'm quite sure they have an understanding of the feelings of the support.

Ive often questioned my foh subs.

After all im just someone who digs holes for a living.

I question buyying 2 season tickets to watch guys who dont give a fek .

Who are on a week what im on a month.

But it gives me something back that you cant quantify.

And i suspect most of my fellow contributors feel the same.

So for all the strife on here im confident the 8000 shall remain .

Cos we are all moany hearts bastewards .

Even when its bad it feels good

davemclaren

Well said.

FenderJaguar7

The best way to stop it is to threaten to release a third/fourth kit with the names of everyone who has cancelled : )

FarmerTweedy

I wouldn't but I can fully understand people's frustration with the current situation,

Each to there own as it seems the only way Ann will listen is to pull cash as she only seems to care about the "money" side of things,

Just says the football department is Craig's

When has she said that?

Great post from Portobello Jambo 1 as ever. Raises the excellent point that if she sacks Levein, who does she turn to in the future for football advice.

I'd like to think there are people like Donald Ford who would be pleased to help out.

Party's post also makes me think that the next manager must have masses of experience and understand that Hearts are one of the biggest fish in the small Scotland pool and should be far more entertaining and successful than we have been for the past 2 years.

Imagine how Partick, Killie, M'well would feel if they were looking at average home crowds of 17,000 plus.

Great post from Portobello Jambo 1 as ever. Raises the excellent point that if she sacks Levein, who does she turn to in the future for football advice.

I'd like to think there are people like Donald Ford who would be pleased to help out.

Party's post also makes me think that the next manager must have masses of experience and understand that Hearts are one of the biggest fish in the small Scotland pool and should be far more entertaining and successful than we have been for the past 2 years.

Imagine how Partick, Killie, M'well would feel if they were looking at average home crowds of 17,000 plus.

Bring in an experienced Manager with a good track record.

If she wants advice behind the scenes go to JJ who knows Scottish football inside out and gets Hearts!

Bring in an experienced Manager with a good track record.

If she wants advice behind the scenes go to JJ who knows Scottish football inside out and gets Hearts!

Great suggestion.

Didn't realise the money was for Cathro, wait it isn't, it's for a club over 100 years older than a Cathro and one that will live for over a 100 years after him.

What attention seeking shite cancelling a direct debit is.

Spot on.

We have the worst fans in Scotland, probably planet Earth.   What were these loyal fans doing yesterday?   Sitting in absolute silence apart from bellowing abuse at the manager every time a pass went astray.   It was ridiculous.   If Ian Cathro leaves Hearts then he'll find a job at a club with supporters and not wnkers and end up being a success.   You know he will, once he's away from the Glasgow scum media and the jambo arsehole army.

Spot on! Its shocking the vitriol that gets spouted every home game for the tiniest of mistake by some fans. Cant help anybody especially the younger players.

Might seem obvious but im not in the know, arent there two fans representative on the FOH board who also sit in Tynie?? Surely they have lines of communications with the fans. After all its our money floating the club ergo we actually have a say?

Ann has about the same level of football knowledge as any owner, probably more as she is a genuine fan and has now been involved for a few years. She relied on Levein to set up the system, which I doubt she would have come up with herself. He sold her on his vision, which I like as well personally.

There's no reason why that vision couldn't work with someone else if that's the way it pans out. There are plenty of DoF types floating around on the continent including some ex players of ours like Fyssis and Flogel. I don't think she'll get rid of Levein but if she did she would appoint a replacement if she wants to keep the DoF model and, if not, a more traditional football manager. Either way, she would talk to them about the football side and rely on their knowledge. She doesn't need a host of football advisors.

If, and it's a big if, she is still here and Levein isn't (I don't think that will happen as I think she would leave after her 5 years are up in that case) she would then appoint a manager who reflected what she wants to achieve with Hearts and how she thinks we should play football. At the moment, those things are presumably reflected in what Levein wants. It's just he came up with a plan for achieving it, which she signed off on.

Fxxx the SPFL

Might seem obvious but im not in the know, arent there two fans representative on the FOH board who also sit in Tynie?? Surely they have lines of communications with the fans. After all its our money floating the club ergo we actually have a say?

oh look thread bumped I wonder why I smell something fishy buddy this has already been mentioned on this and other threads.

oh look thread bumped I wonder why I smell something fishy buddy this has already been mentioned on this and other threads.

apologies, new to here and hadnt searched all other threads.

HeartsInMyBlood

I pay a ?x every month, not for now but for what it might help the club to achieve in the future when added to the ?x's donated by thousands of others. No matter how tough the first team are finding things just now we can't stop donating to FoH.

Escobar PHM

This is a big part of the problem. We have one man in charge of all football matters at the club. One very strong and stubborn single minded personality. There is no one else with his level of authority and knowledge combined. No football decision he makes can be challenged because there isnt anyone at the club with the combination of knowledge and authority he has. That set up is wrong. 

What do we replace it with if Levein goes. Not another all powerful unchallenged king thats for sure. I'd rather see a 'football board' of 3 iconic Hearts men who get the modern game and get the club and can work with others. Whilst they would have sub divided responsibilities they are solely responsible for, together they'd arrive at the big solutions. As a start off 3 I'd suggest John Robertson, Michael Stewart and Gary Locke. (feel free to name any other 3 you fancy- there are loads of options) They are the joint heads of the football department. They appoint a manager and a coaching team and they let them get on with it. They consult on what signings are required. They do the contracts. They deal with the agents.They do the PR the way it should be done. They liaise with the owners groups and sponsors and they engage the fan base. One leaves, another icon is found who can fit in and he slots in. Thats the way to get long term stability and continuity. Its the way to get a balanced decision making process.

This is a big part of the problem. We have one man in charge of all football matters at the club. One very strong and stubborn single minded personality. There is no one else with his level of authority and knowledge combined. No football decision he makes can be challenged because there isnt anyone at the club with the combination of knowledge and authority he has. That set up is wrong.

What do we replace it with if Levein goes. Not another all powerful unchallenged king thats for sure. I'd rather see a 'football board' of 3 iconic Hearts men who get the modern game and get the club and can work with others. Whilst they would have sub divided responsibilities they are solely responsible for, together they'd arrive at the big solutions. As a start off 3 I'd suggest John Robertson, Michael Stewart and Gary Locke. (feel free to name ay other 3 you fancy) They are the joint heads of the football department. They appoint a manager and a coaching team and they let them get on with it. They consult on what signings are required. They do the contracts. They deal with the agents.They do the PR they way it should be done. One leaves, another icon is found who can fit in and he slots in. Thats the way to get long term stability and continuity. Its the way to get a balanced decision making process.

Well said, however thats three wages instead of one, but agreed. Lockey would certainly let the squad know whats expected of them thats for sure! Its still hard giving money to something you love and watch it flagging eh?

If we never experienced any bad times, the good times wouldn't feel half as good as they do.

If we never experienced any bad times, the good times wouldn't feel half as good as they do.

Had some pretty shocking bad times in recent past though!

JamboJimmyB

Lets not forget the club employs Scot Gardiner who has high level football knowledge and experience as the former CEO of Dundee FC. I believe he was also in the hot seat when the club became fans owned a few years back.   

Escobar PHM

Well said, however thats three wages instead of one, but agreed. Lockey would certainly let the squad know whats expected of them thats for sure! Its still hard giving money to something you love and watch it flagging eh?

It would take a wee bit of reconstruction at the top end thats for sure.

Yes it is hard giving money just now. The club are making too many mistakes with 'my' money for my liking. I'm not at the stage where I'd stop my smallish monthly pledge. Actually it would be the last thing to go for me. But merchandise, extra ticket purchases, match day stadium spend, etc etc. All of those types of things depend on a successful team. During the season I probably spend more in the stadium in a month than I pay in my pledge. One thing I am certain of and have decided already. I'm getting on a bit and I won't be watching Hearts in a lower league again in my lifetime. If they were to go down, this season or next or any season in the future, they've lost me.

It would take a wee bit of reconstruction at the top end thats for sure.

Yes it is hard giving money just now. The club are making too many mistakes with 'my' money for my liking. I'm not at the stage where I'd stop my smallish monthly pledge. Actually it would be the last thing to go for me. But merchandise, extra ticket purchases, match day stadium spend, etc etc. All of those types of things depend on a successful team. During the season I probably spend more in the stadium in a month than I pay in my pledge. One thing I am certain of and have decided already. I'm getting on a bit and I won't be watching Hearts in a lower league again in my lifetime. If they were to go down, this season or next or any season in the future, they've lost me.

Yeah, im not one for hurting our club because things arent what i want them to be, but its weird going to matches when theres a tension in the air and seeing nothing change.

Itll be interesting to see if the new stand allows the club to float without pledgers ie higher attendances, outside corporate events through conference rooms and restaurant, (hypothetically), and how they club would treat us then?

I'm lucky enough to be born in '87 and my memories of the club, that i can recollect easily, start in 95/96 and its been eventful to say the least since then. Ive bought shares, had a season ticket for as long as i can remember (didnt renew this year because of work taking me away) but like yourself, wouldnt want to see club go down, but wont hurt them either.

Escobar PHM

Lets not forget the club employs Scot Gardiner who has high level football knowledge and experience as the former CEO of Dundee FC. I believe he was also in the hot seat when the club became fans owned a few years back.   

Fair point. Do we think that Levein consults him, takes his thoughts on board, bounces ideas off him ?

What does one call a supporter who withdraws his support for the club?

"           "?

" "?

Snapped? Lol

I'm interested to know if pledgers who seems to expect a guaranteed return of some sort apply the same thinking to their charitable donations and gifts to friends and family? If so, they're just ***** who haven't been told they're ***** yet.

It was very clear what FoH was set up for and it's very clear that it is succeeding in its aims. If you don't want to be part of that then no-one is forcing you.

I know people are upset about the football we are seeing, your just hurting the club as we all won't the best for our club I don't understand some people who cancel their DD.

I've actually upped my donation by ?10 to ?20.

lost in space

Nearly all FoH contributers are season ticket holders so they will still be supporters.

" "?

lost in space

I'm interested to know if pledgers who seems to expect a guaranteed return of some sort apply the same thinking to their charitable donations and gifts to friends and family? If so, they're just ***** who haven't been told they're ***** yet.

It was very clear what FoH was set up for and it's very clear that it is succeeding in its aims. If you don't want to be part of that then no-one is forcing you.

I pay FoH contributions (at the moment). I also pay monthly to a charity. If i found that my contribution to the charity was being mis-used, I would stop the donation.

What do we replace it with if Levein goes. Not another all powerful unchallenged king thats for sure. I'd rather see a 'football board' of 3 iconic Hearts men who get the modern game and get the club and can work with others. Whilst they would have sub divided responsibilities they are solely responsible for, together they'd arrive at the big solutions. As a start off 3 I'd suggest John Robertson, Michael Stewart and Gary Locke. (feel free to name any other 3 you fancy- there are loads of options) They are the joint heads of the football department. They appoint a manager and a coaching team and they let them get on with it. They consult on what signings are required. They do the contracts. They deal with the agents.They do the PR the way it should be done. They liaise with the owners groups and sponsors and they engage the fan base. One leaves, another icon is found who can fit in and he slots in. Thats the way to get long term stability and continuity. Its the way to get a balanced decision making process.

Exactly the problem. At no other club in the world is any DOF not answerable to a Board of Directors.

CL is accountable to no board of directors judging his performance - CL has a free reign in a position

that requires an authoritative accountability from those in higher office. AB has not appointed sufficiently

equipped football industry competent directors to the board to analyse CL's football department performance. 

CL most likely geared the Board towards this as it suits his egocentric personality but it is a disastrous

and grave error by AB as she appears to be inadequate to hold court over CL. It also places Hearts FC

in  a perilous footballing position going forward as CL's ego firmly but mistakingly believes his own football

directorial talent (based on no previous success) is beyond that of most others in the game - it is not even

close as Hearts are generally found lacking when the team often sways to meet the focus of CL's extremely

poor strategies - which is really a man whose ambitions and belief in his own ability are far. far greater

than reality suggests. The plug needs pulling, the ego puncturing and the curtain brought down on this

vaudeville performance - a freak show indeed with no board holding accountability. This is where anger

& frustration of fans is found as good money is thrown after bad with no real leadership displayed at

the club. Never have I seen a very below average ex-manager hold so much power and authority at

a football club, and the fans who saved that very club held in such a disrespectful manner.

CL & IC can scoff as they seem free to do as they wish. This is not the way forward for HMFC and the

club itself and the fans deserve so much better. It is as if AB/CL don't even recognise the fans input

which is scary for what will shortly be a fan-owned club.  

I pay FoH contributions (at the moment). I also pay monthly to a charity. If i found that my contribution to the charity was being mis-used, I would stop the donation.

And how are FoH pledges being misused exactly?

Lucille's Thirsty

I'll never cancel it,rather have ?20 going to something that I love than going on booze.

Walter Bishop

Tragic that some people will cancel and yes there will be some but thats their choice. Personally my thoughts are you have to be in it for the long haul, good times or bad but there's no getting away from the disaster Ian cathro has been for this club.

With reference to the poster who suggested yesterday that people could return their season tickets before Saturday

and receive a full refund. Should anyone be considering doing so, a full refund is available up until the first home game

and not this Saturday. 

heartandsoul

I will not be cancelling my FOH monthly payment and never will, but I am far from happy with what is going at Tynecastle just now. Anyway Heart of Midlothian will still be here long after Levein and Cathro are gone. Cancelling FOH contributions will hurt the club badly and I would not want to be part of that.

lost in space

And how are FoH pledges being misused exactly?

The Directors\managers of any organisation are answerable to the people who support them financially.  I understand that FoH have 2 directors on the board (from JKB). 

What have they done?  I wrote to them on Sunday - no reply.  Many others (no, I don't know how many) also wrote to them - no message\announcement from FoH.

What do I expect from them? - at the very least an announcement that they have received many complaints and intentions to cancel monthly contributions.

I would expect them to state that they have passed this information on to Ann Budge.

The club\ FoH are more or less the same organisation (lets not confuse the situation with technicalities).  The arrogance of those in charge of football matters at Tynecastle is staggering.  The supporters have to do something.

Do you have an alternative course of action to force change??

Those who do nothing are part of the problem.

I will not be cancelling my FOH monthly payment and never will, but I am far from happy with what is going at Tynecastle just now. Anyway Heart of Midlothian will still be here long after Levein and Cathro are gone. Cancelling FOH contributions will hurt the club badly and I would not want to be part of that.

For some it was not for life and Cathro is hurting the club more than removing a pledge to the Budge and Levein show. There will undoubtedly be a fall off the longer this goes on, probably with some, as they have said, reinstating when the Board take some notice of the fans. The club is behind other priorities on my cash. I have given plenty cash and time following the club and have not cancelled at this time. A bit more feeling that the club listen to the fans may even encourage the large number of fans who don't and never have given to start. Anyway it is a personal decision and I have never felt my chums who don't contribute are lesser fans. Some crap spouted on here.

For some it was not for life and Cathro is hurting the club more than removing a pledge to the Budge and Levein show. There will undoubtedly be a fall off the longer this goes on, probably with some, as they have said, reinstating when the Board take some notice of the fans. The club is behind other priorities on my cash. I have given plenty cash and time following the club and have not cancelled at this time. A bit more feeling that the club listen to the fans may even encourage the large number of fans who don't and never have given to start. Anyway it is a personal decision and I have never felt my chums who don't contribute are lesser fans. Some crap spouted on here.

Woo Hoo. They have listened!!

My Sentiments in a Nutshell

Unknown user

We have the worst fans in Scotland, probably planet Earth. What were these loyal fans doing yesterday? Sitting in absolute silence apart from bellowing abuse at the manager every time a pass went astray. It was ridiculous. If Ian Cathro leaves Hearts then he'll find a job at a club with supporters and not wnkers and end up being a success. You know he will, once he's away from the Glasgow scum media and the jambo arsehole army.

We do? Please list all the other clubs who have more than 50% of their ST numbers handing over money every month, expecting nothing in return then

I think it makes sense for folk to have cancelled their direct debits if they're not happy. It'll certainly help them make a point.

I won't be cancelling as don't have one.

Fxxx the SPFL

I think it makes sense for folk to have cancelled their direct debits if they're not happy. It'll certainly help them make a point.

no it won't it's harming the club they say they support, by all means threaten to stop them but to actually stop well just no. IMO of course and i and others have stated my payment is for life.

Pathetic comments about the FOH direct debit contributions by people who do not contribute and trying to undermine our club. Why would our supporter be so silly after a spell of poor results. See the big picture.

Archived