Cancelling of direct debits.

The Old Tolbooth

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hungry hippo

People who are using their pledges as a ransom should be embarrassed.

I want Cathro to go but this is childish behaviour. There is a lot more involved in the decision than simply sacking someone on a Sunday afternoon in July.

It may be that he's given a couple of games but it is inconceivable that there is not lots going on behind the scenes and we shouldn't punish ourselves in the interim.

The Old Tolbooth

Get the impression You're hoping to use that as a gun to get what you want,may be wrong and you are just a concerned citizen.

I was only asking the question and gauging opinion.

I had to cancel my direct debit last year when I was made redundant, it's been a lean year since but I'm now on the road to recovery and hope to start it up again before Xmas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pretty poor stuff. Can we assume therefore that their DD's are contingent with good on pitch performance?

Fickle is as fickle does.

So you are saying someone say who has donated since day dot with the FoH and only now feels compelled to act in this manner through sheer frustration and hopelessness is in your view fickle!??!!?

Very naive point of view to hold, and I am being very kind with my words....

Sexton Hardcastle

Why would you post on any site that your canceling your monthly donation.

Facebook is all about attention seeking.

Facebook is for gimps

Careful I got a ban for using the 'g' word once upon a time.

Vladgimps.

I thought it was quite funny. Anyway. Just to let you know.

Hungry hippo

I was only asking the question and gauging opinion.

I had to cancel my direct debit last year when I was made redundant, it's been a lean year since but I'm now on the road to recovery and hope to start it up again before Xmas.

Best of luck. It's stories like yours and people doing what they can to contribute to the club that frustrates me even more when others use their Direct Debits as a gun to the club's head.

Those saying its pathetic .do they have another way of protesting?

Right now we're a shambles on the pitch and something needs to change, some guys who think cancelling dds might help that change ..i dont see the problem

The Old Tolbooth

Best of luck. It's stories like yours and people doing what they can to contribute to the club that frustrates me even more when others use their Direct Debits as a gun to the club's head.

Thanks mate, I went back to doing mortgages as the venture I tried didn't work out well, I'll get there [emoji106]

Those saying its pathetic .do they have another way of protesting?

Right now we're a shambles on the pitch and something needs to change, some guys who think cancelling dds might help that change ..i dont see the problem

Yes plenty ways of protesting rather than starve your club of money is desperately needs to complete its new stand.

You must be able to think of one, come on take your time...

lost in space

Those cancelling their direct debits are protesting. There will be action by Hearts if enough cancel.

What action is being taken by those who are not cancelling??

Those cancelling their direct debits are protesting. There will be action by Hearts if enough cancel.

The action will be to stop building the stand

Careful I got a ban for using the 'g' word once upon a time.

Vladgimps.

I thought it was quite funny. Anyway. Just to let you know.

Thanks for the warning.

The mods are busy getting rid of hibs gimps :lol:

Ricardo Shillyshally

Err.... Continuing to support the club

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Facebook is for gimps

True but have to organise protests somehow. There will be a huge one for the opening of the new stand if no action is taken tomorrow.

True but have to organise protests somehow. There will be a huge one for the opening of the new stand if no action is taken tomorrow.

People will stew for five weeks to wait to do that? Wow fair dues

Holyrood_Hearts

I understand fans are angry & upset but cancelling FoH direct debits is ridiculous.

Yes cancel and slow down the very process everone wants which is fan ownership...oh and dont forget the biggest project this club has seen in generations.

Bizarre behaviour.

Seymour M Hersh

I've seen on my Facebook four separate people cancelling their direct debits today as a protest against what's going on at the club, some seriously heavy hitters as well who go home and away every week, if people like these fans are cancelling direct debits, then it sends out a serious message to the club as they see it as the only way the club will listen.

What are people's thoughts on this?

I'm sorry but going home & away doesn't make them "seriously heavy hitters". My thoughts are it's a free country and if they want to cancel DD's then that's there choice. Putting it on Facebook is just look at me vanity and pretty pathetic. Maybe your easily impressed John.

Yes plenty ways of protesting rather than starve your club of money is desperately needs to complete its new stand.

Ive heard of fans wanting a protest or cancelling dds..both have bern shot foen in flames on here .but im yet to hear any alternatives

Nice one! I won't cancel my contributions to saving the club I love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lord Beni of Gorgie

2 things are not connected for me

Cancel is self harm really

The club is here forever, the problem will hopefully be gone soon.

Can understand people being unhappy and wanting to do something, but completely the wrong way to go about it, especially when the stand is going up.

Cancelling subs affects overall annual income of FOH and impacts on future financial planning. It might also delay the final handover of the club shareholding if it ever gets to the point where lots of people cancel subs. What it won't do is have any sort of effect on Budge and Levein decision-making this week.

If you have issues with what they're doing, make your point in a way that makes sense imho. Write to the club. Contact FOH board members to make sure they know your views. Cancelling FOH subs isn't really an effective means of protest - totally missing the target.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Strange one. My foh direct debit will run as long as I'm around and/or is required by the club, regardless of on-field performances.

I set up my DD to help the club , I don't ask to pick the team or the manager.

It will be in place until I die or they decide to stop collecting ( whatever comes first )

maroonnicky63

I've seen on my Facebook four separate people cancelling their direct debits today as a protest against what's going on at the club, some seriously heavy hitters as well who go home and away every week, if people like these fans are cancelling direct debits, then it sends out a serious message to the club as they see it as the only way the club will listen.

What are people's thoughts on this?

stuff them they are not supporters 

Mars plastic

Folk saying that folk cancelling direct debits aren't supporters.

What are folk that haven't even contributed a single penny then?

The first sentence is utter pish.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Also correct.

But if you do have one last resort. Not sure we are at that point

If the folk who are thinking about cancelling are roasters and not fans then what about the people who dont pledge.

Our support is so far divided right now its unreal and its all because of the results on the pitchp

Cancelling subs affects overall annual income of FOH and impacts on future financial planning. It might also delay the final handover of the club shareholding if it ever gets to the point where lots of people cancel subs. What it won't do is have any sort of effect on Budge and Levein decision-making this week.

If you have issues with what they're doing, make your point in a way that makes sense imho. Write to the club. Contact FOH board members to make sure they know your views. Cancelling FOH subs isn't really an effective means of protest - totally missing the target.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Use your words more wisely in future redm, especially after yesterday's efforts from the spot :2thumbsup:

Cancel FoH DD, it's a NO from me & your points regarding expression of dissatifaction are (dare I say) spot on!!

They are supporters.

Just ****ing stupid ones

AlphonseCapone

Didn't realise the money was for Cathro, wait it isn't, it's for a club over 100 years older than a Cathro and one that will live for over a 100 years after him.

What attention seeking shite cancelling a direct debit is.

Ibrahim Tall

Stupidity. When Budge etc is gone and FOH are solely running things do the same people also plan and cancelling DD's every time the club makes a decision they don't agree with?

If everyone had that way of thinking 'fan ownership' will be a complete disaster.

Name some then

Dagger Is Back

Think we can all understand the frustration. As said earlier though the Club will outlive all of us including anyone these folks think they're protesting against.

If these are folks that go home and away maybe they can come up with a way of protesting that doesn't hurt the club.

Stopping the FOH DD doesn't make any sense to me

Archived