Cancelling of direct debits.

The Old Tolbooth

Pathetic comments about the FOH direct debit contributions by people who do not contribute and trying to undermine our club. Why would our supporter be so silly after a spell of poor results. See the big picture.

The big picture for those cancelling is that they can wave pitchforks around or they can do something that will be noticed, and in their mind it's for the greater good.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it makes sense for folk to have cancelled their direct debits if they're not happy. It'll certainly help them make a point.

I won't be cancelling as don't have one.

nothing surprises me with you not being in foh, like a lot of our fans who spend life on kickback spouting crap and doing nowt

nothing surprises me with you not being in foh, like a lot of our fans who spend life on kickback spouting crap and doing nowt

Folk are just trying to what they think is the right thing. It's not really for anyone to say what someone else should be doing with their cash either. Long term, peoples pledges will go up and down like season tickets, folk just have to accept that.

Brauhauser2012

Hopefully those who canceled will be reinstating their direct debits now. Mission accomplished.

Stupidity. When Budge etc is gone and FOH are solely running things do the same people also plan and cancelling DD's every time the club makes a decision they don't agree with?

If everyone had that way of thinking 'fan ownership' will be a complete disaster.

Absolutely this

Bazzas right boot

I'm cancelling to demonstrate against Cathro being Sacked.

Anyone with me!

Lucille's Thirsty

Anyone with me!

I've upped mine ya doughnut :lol:

When the club makes a correct decision I'll reward them.

Bazzas right boot

I've upped mine ya doughnut :lol:

When the club makes a correct decision I'll reward them.

Lol at that.

Something funny about being call a doughnut.

Hopefully those who canceled will be reinstating their direct debits now. Mission accomplished.

They'll be racking their brains to think up another excuse.

sandylejambo

They'll be racking their brains to think up another excuse.

I'm not sure that's fair, the people I know who threatened or did cancel are out and out Jambo's who put a lot more into Hearts than I do and I bought 2 adult and 2 kids season tickets this year, I'm sure they will resign up or not now close their subscriptions now that the club are answering the fans pleas. lets at least have a united front now that Cathro has gone, no need to name call now, upwards and onwards my fellow Jambo's.

I'm not sure that's fair, the people I know who threatened or did cancel are out and out Jambo's who put a lot more into Hearts than I do and I bought 2 adult and 2 kids season tickets this year, I'm sure they will resign up or not now close their subscriptions now that the club are answering the fans pleas. lets at least have a united front now that Cathro has gone, no need to name call now, upwards and onwards my fellow Jambo's.

I thought we were united in FOH, until I discovered that some like to use their contribution as some kind of warped bargaining tool.

No matter, we move on. :)

Anyone with me!

Count me in. But only if he was sacked.

Folk are just trying to what they think is the right thing. It's not really for anyone to say what someone else should be doing with their cash either. Long term, peoples pledges will go up and down like season tickets, folk just have to accept that.

Sorry but pledges just cannot go up and down with season tickets. We the fans commited ourselves to repaying Mrs Budge and then again to contribute to the new stand. On each occassion we were asked to vote. Other than for change to personal finances I would trust to hold to this agreement. Myself other than destitution I have no intention of stopping the d/d pledges even if I am last man/woman standing. Stability is the name of the game. Surely we have too much going for the club to let one misguided appointment put us down.  

Reading this thread, I think some posters would like us to become the mormon church. 

Mandatory 10% of your income to the church club or you don't get into heaven Tynecastle. 

Would never dream of telling other people what to do with their money.

As sure as a cat's a hairy beast though, the potential for a financial hit, be it FOH payments or otherwise, must have been on the board's minds when they jettisoned the Cathro lad.

I'm in unless I lose my job...which means a long time probably.

Sorry but pledges just cannot go up and down with season tickets. We the fans commited ourselves to repaying Mrs Budge and then again to contribute to the new stand. On each occassion we were asked to vote. Other than for change to personal finances I would trust to hold to this agreement. Myself other than destitution I have no intention of stopping the d/d pledges even if I am last man/woman standing. Stability is the name of the game. Surely we have too much going for the club to let one misguided appointment put us down.

All respect to you for that bud. I think most pledgers are probably of the same mindset but there will always be a certain percentage that aren't. I don't pledge, but all I can say is that if I feel something I'm paying for is being done wrong or badly then I cut off the funds. Once people start to not renew season tickets then the direct debit is the next one to go.

All respect to you for that bud. I think most pledgers are probably of the same mindset but there will always be a certain percentage that aren't. I don't pledge, but all I can say is that if I feel something I'm paying for is being done wrong or badly then I cut off the funds. Once people start to not renew season tickets then the direct debit is the next one to go.

With respect though, mate, the ST non renewal thing has been blown out the water for the last two or three seasons.

A more loyal support you will not find.

Bazzas right boot

Count me in. But only if he was sacked.

Quality two man demo-

Cafroo in!

You a pilot, by any chance?

Bazzas right boot

Are the DD scabs having a wee wank at their victory today?

Maybe bought some "special" gel with the money saved?

With respect though, mate, the ST non renewal thing has been blown out the water for the last two or three seasons.

A more loyal support you will not find.

A bit of naivety showing there Boab. Another season or two like the last one and folk will start turning their backs.

Harry Potter

Cancel D/D one day then 2 days later reinstate it, sorry but sounds like extra hard work to me.

Petty as well.

A bit of naivety showing there Boab. Another season or two like the last one and folk will start turning their backs.

Sorry, mate, must disagree. We were told by the very obvious trolls that numbers would be drastically down for this season.

Didn't pan out that way !

Believe the official numbers and not the ramblings of weirdos on here. It's a better barometer !

That's what they said last season and the season before.

PsychocAndy

MY 83 year old Mum. "Do you have to give Hearts ?15 a month for ever"

52 year old Me. "No".

Mum "Oh good"

Me "No, I want to give ?15 a month to Hearts forever". 

Nothing has changed since that conversation with my mum a few months ago and as long as I can afford it, I'll do it.

What people do with their money is up to them, but cancelling D/D's is the most petty thing I can think off. "Your not doing what I say so I'll take my ball home" type of thing.

Francis Albert

Are the DD scabs having a wee wank at their victory today?

Do you really think the "DD scabs" affected the decision, any more than the plane fliers affected Robbie's decision to leave?

Presumably the thousands of Hearts fans who do not subscribe to FoH (nearly half our home attendances) are also "scabs"?

I have no intention of cancelling my DD but FoH has moved do far from its original objectives and its own "pledges" that I don't really feel my original pledge has much relevance.

And if an FoH owned club did something I really strongly disagreed with (say voting to repeat the bending over backwards to protect Rangers if they went belly up again ( or Celtic in the unlikely event they were liquidated) then I would certainly consider suspending my DD. How else would I protest - boycotting games which I have already paid for? Voting for a new FoH board? (oh wait we can't do that under the new governance proposals despite FoH's original promise of a fully elected board)

We have the worst fans in Scotland, probably planet Earth.   What were these loyal fans doing yesterday?   Sitting in absolute silence apart from bellowing abuse at the manager every time a pass went astray.   It was ridiculous.   If Ian Cathro leaves Hearts then he'll find a job at a club with supporters and not wnkers and end up being a success.   You know he will, once he's away from the Glasgow scum media and the jambo arsehole army.

This.

Pants Shaton

I met plenty bellends who said they 'wouldnae be back until Romanov goes' - presumably none of these people were actually fans who ever went to games and I doubt we gained a single paying customer based on this 'logic'.

Similarly, I imagine these direct debit 'protestors' were looking for the flimsiest excuse (assuming they were ever FoH members) to cancel - not PHM in my opinion.

Do you really think the "DD scabs" affected the decision, any more than the plane fliers affected Robbie's decision to leave?

Presumably the thousands of Hearts fans who do not subscribe to FoH (nearly half our home attendances) are also "scabs"?

I have no intention of cancelling my DD but FoH has moved do far from its original objectives and its own "pledges" that I don't really feel my original pledge has much relevance.

And if an FoH owned club did something I really strongly disagreed with (say voting to repeat the bending over backwards to protect Rangers if they went belly up again ( or Celtic in the unlikely event they were liquidated) then I would certainly consider suspending my DD. How else would I protest - boycotting games which I have already paid for? Voting for a new FoH board? (oh wait we can't do that under the new governance proposals despite FoH's original promise of a fully elected board)

Every penny that goes to the club through FoH is a penny more than other clubs in our league get from their fans. The has to have some relevance for you surely? It sounds like you want to have a real say in the running of the club. I suggest you approach FoH and get more involved in that case.

Francis Albert

Every penny that goes to the club through FoH is a penny more than other clubs in our league get from their fans. The has to have some relevance for you surely? It sounds like you want to have a real say in the running of the club. I suggest you approach FoH and get more involved in that case.

I don't want to have a real say any more than I want all FoH members (and indeed other fans) to have a say. I perhaps naively assumed that "fan ownership" was something to do with having a say in the running of the club after FoH gain control. But the new governance proposals (see separate thread) carry the risk that cancelling DDs will be about the only way fans can have a say.

Sorry, mate, must disagree. We were told by the very obvious trolls that numbers would be drastically down for this season.

Didn't pan out that way !

Believe the official numbers and not the ramblings of weirdos on here. It's a better barometer !

You might want to have a look at the fluctuations in gate sizes from the last 30 years, that's a more telling story than the last 3.

I don't want to have a real say any more than I want all FoH members (and indeed other fans) to have a say. I perhaps naively assumed that "fan ownership" was something to do with having a say in the running of the club after FoH gain control. But the new governance proposals (see separate thread) carry the risk that cancelling DDs will be about the only way fans can have a say.

No fan ownership does not involve having a say in day to day running and decision making. Why would you think that? How on earth do you think that would work with unpaid FoH directors and 8000 people to consult over every decision. We will obviously be consulted over major decisions but not managerial appointments and the like.

Francis Albert

No fan ownership does not involve having a say in day to day running and decision making. Why would you think that? How on earth do you think that would work with unpaid FoH directors and 8000 people to consult over every decision. We will obviously be consulted over major decisions but not managerial appointments and the like.

Where did I say anything about "day to day running and decision making"? Or that I expected a say in managerial appointments?

I assumed that, as FoH promised when I pledged, we'd elect the FoH Board, and through them have some say in running the club ( I mentioned as an example a decision once FoH is controlling owner to vote in favour of another post-liquidation Rangers gpoing straight back into the SPFL - not a "day to day running" issue.

There is a so far very thin thread on this - but people seem to prefer to debate who are the most loyal FoH members and fans and who are scabs or potential scabs.

So carry on.

Where did I say anything about "day to day running and decision making"? Or that I expected a say in managerial appointments?

I assumed that, as FoH promised when I pledged, we'd elect the FoH Board, and through them have some say in running the club ( I mentioned as an example a decision once FoH is controlling owner to vote in favour of another post-liquidation Rangers gpoing straight back into the SPFL - not a "day to day running" issue.

There is a so far very thin thread on this - but people seem to prefer to debate who are the most loyal FoH members and fans and who are scabs or potential scabs.

So carry on.

I don't get where you are coming from on this. You really do sound like you need to put yourself forward for a leadership role at FoH. You're very much on your own carping from the sidelines about governance stuff when what really matters is: Figures reveal Hearts fans have handed over staggering ?5million to Tynecastle club through supporters' group

Francis Albert

I don't get where you are coming from on this. You really do sound like you need to put yourself forward for a leadership role at FoH. You're very much on your own carping from the sidelines about governance stuff when what really matters is: Figures reveal Hearts fans have handed over staggering ?5million to Tynecastle club through supporters' group

Fine if the great majority of FoH members are happy to just be cash cows and think that is the be all and end all of fan ownership (and you are right it sometimes seems that way) then that is up to them.

MY 83 year old Mum. "Do you have to give Hearts ?15 a month for ever"

52 year old Me. "No".

Mum "Oh good"

Me "No, I want to give ?15 a month to Hearts forever". 

Nothing has changed since that conversation with my mum a few months ago and as long as I can afford it, I'll do it.

What people do with their money is up to them, but cancelling D/D's is the most petty thing I can think off. "Your not doing what I say so I'll take my ball home" type of thing.

Great post,totally agree with you.

Fine if the great majority of FoH members are happy to just be cash cows and think that is the be all and end all of fan ownership (and you are right it sometimes seems that way) then that is up to them.

I still have no clue what your beef with FoH is. I assume most people are like me: they paid into it originally to help secure Hearts future. Without that we wouldn't have a club. Now most continue paying to help the club pay for stuff, or they just keep it going because they feel good about it and can afford it.

A very few - IMO - people have fan ownership at the top of their mind. That's because in reality no-one really knows how that works because there are very few FoH type set-ups at other clubs. The idea of fans having a say in anything beyond "Should we move stadium" or "Should we change our name or badge" scares the hell out of me. You need rational decision-makers at the helm, not screaming fury chimps. 

For me fan ownership simply means we will never be sold to a Romanov type, who then wields absolute power, again. That's huge given our recent history.

I still have no clue what your beef with FoH is. I assume most people are like me: they paid into it originally to help secure Hearts future. Without that we wouldn't have a club. Now most continue paying to help the club pay for stuff, or they just keep it going because they feel good about it and can afford it.

A very few - IMO - people have fan ownership at the top of their mind. That's because in reality no-one really knows how that works because there are very few FoH type set-ups at other clubs. The idea of fans having a say in anything beyond "Should we move stadium" or "Should we change our name or badge" scares the hell out of me. You need rational decision-makers at the helm, not screaming fury chimps. 

For me fan ownership simply means we will never be sold to a Romanov type, who then wields absolute power, again. That's huge given our recent history.

Its been said before fan owned not fan run.

Fxxx the SPFL

great post that's where I'm coming from I also hope that when we eventually achieve fan ownership we also have in place someone like Ann Budge business minded to be at the helm. Pledge for life don't care what my pledge is used for a lot of my friends are of the same opinion.

scott herbertson

I met plenty bellends who said they 'wouldnae be back until Romanov goes' - presumably none of these people were actually fans who ever went to games and I doubt we gained a single paying customer based on this 'logic'.

Similarly, I imagine these direct debit 'protestors' were looking for the flimsiest excuse (assuming they were ever FoH members) to cancel - not PHM in my opinion.

I'm guessing I know some of the people referred to and if so I don't think their previous history as Hearts fans and people who have put a lot into the club financially could be argued. Similarly I doubt if they were looking for excuses to get out. They clearly thought that something had to be done about Cathro and took action that was in their power.

It's not something I would do but I can see how it could be effective if the board is not listening to the fans (remembering that FOH doesn't own or run the club ATM)

Perth to Paisley

Presume all those that cancelled have reinstated their Dd.

Presume they have taken the opportunity to go +?1

...or are they waiting to see who is appointed.

We do? Please list all the other clubs who have more than 50% of their ST numbers handing over money every month, expecting nothing in return then

Ruined a good post with the last five words.

Quite clearly much of our support (certainly a large number of posters on KB) ? while being absolutely superb by their financial-backing the club ? feel quite entitled to wet their pants if they feel they are not getting "what they pay for".

The idea that we expect nothing in return for our subs is obviously BS.

Lol at that.

Something funny about being call a doughnut.

"Hope your doughnuts turn out like F-a-n-n-y's".

(***** Cradock's)

Francis Albert

I have expressed an opinion, in very polite terms. I don't have a "beef". I have some questions and opinions set out in the separate thread about Thursday's meeting on the FoH governance proposals. If you are interested in more than having a rather incoherent go at me go read it. Otherwise just keep banging on about not understanding my supposed "beef". Either way is fine with me,

Radio Ga Ga

I have expressed an opinion, in very polite terms. I don't have a "beef". I have some questions and opinions set out in the separate thread about Thursday's meeting on the FoH governance proposals. If you are interested in more than having a rather incoherent go at me go read it. Otherwise just keep banging on about not understanding my supposed "beef". Either way is fine with me,

Your separate thread went down like a lead balloon by the looks of things, four replies suggests the vast majority of the FOH membership don't have any major concerns with how it is being run, all IMO of course.

Archived