Hearts v Linfield Pre-season Friendly

Mac80

Wont happen these guys follow Hearts home and away tought titty on your behalf it looks

By any chance, is 1961 the year you're stuck in?

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lord Beni of Gorgie

Heracles beat some team 17-1 today in a pre season friendly. What is the point in playing a team so bad that it's that easy?

8 0 Sparta Rotterdam in 30 mins including 2 hat tricks.

Celtic 3 up Arbroath beating Dundee and Harris Vukcic scored for FC Twente at Stranraer. Randers won 3 1

Edit 10 for Sparta in 36 mins

rossmaroon

Fans on here criticise fans for singing some sectarian stuff but you wouldn't hear any sectarian stuff if the fans actually sung normal songs. Hardly any hearts fans even bother to stand or sing at away games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People need to be calm about cochrane. Lots a developing to do. An exciting prospect indeed and we are always keen to bring through talent.

Its pleasing he is getting an opportunity but remember robinson?

The prospects of the youngsters are interesting. My own view is they are all a bit away from the first team including physicality. But maybe a bold coaching team might just be prepared to take chances.

rossmaroon

Don't talk pish. Sectarianism is as bad as racism and everyone of these morons should be prosecuted and sacked from their jobs.

Don't talk pish. Sectarianism is as bad as racism and everyone of these morons should be prosecuted and sacked from their jobs.

Exactly this!

Fans on here criticise fans for singing some sectarian stuff but you wouldn't hear any sectarian stuff if the fans actually sung normal songs. Hardly any hearts fans even bother to stand or sing at away games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah so it's the other fans fault that these dinosaurs sing about religion, cool got ya.

A_A wehatethehibs

People need to be calm about cochrane. Lots a developing to do. An exciting prospect indeed and we are always keen to bring through talent.

Its pleasing he is getting an opportunity but remember robinson?

At the end of the day some lads are just gid fitbaw players, doesn't matter if they're 15 16 17... Sometimes you just get those lads who have the natural talent and don't need any developing. Let's hope Cochrane is one of them!

Its unacceptable end of

I give the youngsters some leeway and in my experience at away games especially travelling its the older guys who are the issue. But it should be stamped out at every opportunity.

Young guys can learn and move on though.

I wonder if cochrane may have just leapfrogged Beith in the queue, was hoping this summer he'd finally enter the discussion

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Probably because they're the only ones who want to go.

You know that's nonsense, Geoff. C'mon, man.

At the end of the day some lads are just gid fitbaw players, doesn't matter if they're 15 16 17... Sometimes you just get those lads who have the natural talent and don't need any developing. Let's hope Cochrane is one of them!

I still hope we can repeat how Bowman and MacKay came straight in at 16.

...a bit disco

42. Hughes whips a ball in for Isma who connects with an overhead kick; it's well struck by not enough in it to beat Carroll #HMFCLive

43. Another Hearts attack as a ball in from the left finds Lafferty back post but his volley is blocked by a Linfield defender #HMFCLive

Heart of Midlothian?Verified account @JamTarts 47s48 seconds ago

More

27. Pause in play now as a Linfield player receives treatment. 1-1 the score as we approach the half hour mark at Windsor Park #HMFCLive

Talking of shite pre-seasons...

DEODlH0XUAENrL5.jpg

They were actually losing 3-0 and scored 2 goals in added in time to make it looks like a close game

Thank god you're not on the coaching staff!

King prawn

8 0 Sparta Rotterdam in 30 mins including 2 hat tricks.

Celtic 3 up Arbroath beating Dundee and Harris Vukcic scored for FC Twente at Stranraer. Randers won 3 1

Edit 10 for Sparta in 36 mins

10 nil in 36 minutes :lol:

Bazzas right boot

Cochrane like like he'll have a part to play this season.

Jambof3tornado

I'd say robinson was good for his age. Eddie mearns was good for his age. Its how you bring them into the 1st team that can make them or break them.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

10 nil in 36 minutes :lol:

12 at half-time with 3 hat tricks

Bazzas right boot

They playing a Brazilian team?

A_A wehatethehibs

Thank god you're not on the coaching staff!

I never said it's common thing, for most average to decent players it takes time and they'll be 19, 20, 21 before they can compete... But sometimes you just get those lads who have the skill, who have the talent and the mental strength and are already beating your best defenders when they are 16. It does happen - some footballers are just born with it.

Rudolf's Mate

Don't see what the problem is re getting excited about one of our players tbh.

Harry reminds me of a young Sam Nicholson. Moaning faced wee git at his own level but great on the ball and stands out a mile.

Hopefully he can fill out a bit as he gets older as I think that was part of sams problem.

From reading the tweets on here, we seem to be playing well and creating chances. Nothing much to moan about.

David McCaig

As I said at the time when Paterson was breaking through... If a kid is really going to progress to the top level they should be playing First Team for a side like Hearts at 16/17.

Good first half against an admittedly very limited Linfield side. Dominated possession throughout. Berra strolling it, and Grezlak and particularly Smith as wing backs pushing very high and delivering reasonable quality. Their goal came out of nothing, punt from deep that we should have let bounce to Hamilton but Nowak did a poor headed clearance to their man who took it really nicely on the volley. Hamilton should have been screaming for it as his in the first instance though. Cochrane looks understandably lightweight but pretty composed, took the goal well albeit a slight reflection off Isma.

alwaysthereinspirit

Dutch on a tear. Heracles won 17-1. 11-1 at half time. Cathro out.

HT 2-1 up, dodgy start but completely dominant since going behind. In possession virtually all the time shuttling side to side and up and down touch lines. Starting to beat fruit when they do it quick enough and with good movement. Signs that the rustiness of Weds night I s ebbing away. Interesting he started Cochrane ahead of Martin. Seems very tidy on the ball but painfully slight and very easily bundled off on a good few occasions. Walker looks a bit more interested today but I still sense he's not all there mentally the now. Smith growing in confidence, still a bit sceptical about Polish fella but all in all an improvement in St Pats. Very hot so imagine they'll make a lot of changes oh and you can bevvy in the concourse. The singing contingent realised this after ten minutes and haven't been seen since

Who are Sparta Rotterdam playing?

Pro Patria Stormvogels Combinatie or PPSC! Low league Dutch side

From reading the tweets on here, we seem to be playing well and creating chances. Nothing much to moan about.

Which of course means there will be plenty moaning.

Cruyff Turn

Fantastic.

Cochrane laddie is sounding a prospect. Hopefully him and others get chances this year. Imo you have to start playing then at 16,17 if they are good enough.

Heracles beat some team 17-1 today in a pre season friendly. What is the point in playing a team so bad that it's that easy?

The German and Dutch teams both at club and International level used to(and some still do ala Heracles) play games usually against amateur teams to build team movement,to get people used to playing with each other again after a close season and if they score barrels of goals then all the better.German International teams in the past sometimes played amateur sides in closed door games before major tournies and it wouldn' be unusual to see them win 20/25

The German and Dutch teams both at club and International level used to(and some still do ala Heracles) play games usually against amateur teams to build team movement,to get people used to playing with each other again after a close season and if they score barrels of goals then all the better.German International teams in the past sometimes played amateur sides in closed door games before major tournies and it wouldn' be unusual to see them win 20/25

....nil

Morgaro Gomis

Knocked the ball about well first half, maybe overplayed in some areas and taking an extra touch but that will all come with match fitness.

Some of the cross field passes have been excellent.

A mixture of Hamilton and Nowak at fault for their goal, Hamilton needs to scream at Nowak to play it back and Nowak has to deal with it better once he elects to clear it.

Cochrane looked composed beyond his years, Walker came into the game a bit as it progressed. Lafferty looking okay but clearly not up to match speed yet and Isma has been anonymous.

Michael Smith looks solid if a little unspectacular. Promising signs though.

Which of course means there will be plenty moaning.

Oh yes. Moaning is the new supporting, it seems.

Seymour M Hersh

As I said at the time when Paterson was breaking through... If a kid is really going to progress to the top level they should be playing First Team for a side like Hearts at 16/17.

Sorry I don't agree. Paterson was physically well ahead of his peers at 17 but Cochrane is slight and really would struggle with the beatings SPFL players would hand down to him. Like it or not our league relies far, far too much on physicality with technique and skill a distant relative. Just look at how Nicholson has been unable to progress.

lauriesrank

Surely that's the home fans?

Proabably, apart from the tim in the middle

Archived