Hearts v Linfield Pre-season Friendly

Mac80

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know any Catholics that support Hearts but know loads of Catholics that support hibs. Judging by the hibs fans I know most of them are non Catholics however they do have a reasonably big catholic following. Not that it matters but I can't see Hearts having many catholic supporters.

When I was at the school in the 70's & 80's the local catholic school which was outnumbered by 10-1 only had Hibs& Celtic fans. The other schools had Hearts, Rangers & hibs.

Just to confirm :

1. The boys played well

2. The goals were good - Isma's being pick of the bunch IMO

3. Fans had a great time

For some reason, certain people don't want to talk about any of that!

Go figure.

Concur

I had a great weekend

I think

Team were impressive with a lot of good movement

Seem to be gelling well

Concur

I had a great weekend

I think

Team were impressive with a lot of good movement

Seem to be gelling well

Still need 4 players.

Agree squad is thread bare

A keeper, two midfielders & a wide man with pace. We're sadly lacking of pace in the squad. These 4 players need to be 1st pick players as well & not just squad players.

The White Cockade

close the thread down

it's just embarrassing

seems like a fair few villages have lost their idiots

was hoping these zoomers had gone 20 years ago but seems like the half wits are hanging on in there

please please please can you lot not just go and follow  follow Rangers with your fellow like minded bigots

If you don't like the songs sung by the minority sing louder yourself and drown them out. Tho to be fair the way the team has played the last couple of seasons it's been difficult to get excited

close the thread down

it's just embarrassing

was hoping these zoomers had gone 20 years ago but seems like the half wits are hanging on in there

please please please can you lot not just go and follow  follow Rangers with your fellow like minded bigots

Dont like the thread dont read it thats what do when I see something posted i'm not keen on

Escobar PHM

close the thread down

it's just embarrassing

I wouldn't be worrying too much about a handful of dinosaur opportunists making the most out of visiting a protestant club in Belfast during marching season. They're a dieing breed of much decreased relevance these days. Hearts have a minuscule problem with sectarianism IMO.Wont be long before we have no problem whatsoever.

Nucky Thompson

Hearts have a minuscule problem with sectarianism IMO.Wont be long before we have no problem whatsoever.

How minuscule was it at the Scottish Cup semi in 2005 when the Referee had to abandon the Popes minute silence?

What has the Pope to do with Scottish football. He is not a head of state and there shouldn't have been a minutes silence. Would there have been if they had been playing rangers. Theach hearts fans should the same respect as celtic fans show armistice

How minuscule was it at the Scottish Cup semi in 2005 when the Referee had to abandon the Popes minute silence?

Often quoted out of context as a stick to beat us with. I didn't boo but also didn't support the holding of the min's silence. Religion has no place in football and I think a lot of the booing - misguided as it was - was about that. IN Scotland especially we're sick of having religion brought into our game by the Glasgow teams. Of course there's also the possibility that no bus fare was required for Hampden!

For context, the Pope's silence was also disrupted at the Nou Camp by Barcelona supporters.

If a large number of Hearts fans genuinely had these views I'm not sure we would have had such big crowds when owned by a company from an overwhelmingly Catholic country. I have also never heard Hearts fans boo players making the sign of the cross - and lots of ours do - when they come on the pitch as Rangers fans have been pulled up for doing. 

We have this group that emerge from their caves mainly for Celtic and Hibs games. Let's not pretend it's anything like the bigot-fest at Ibrox.

Escobar PHM

12 years ago. We have moved on considerably since then IMO.

Archived