Hearts v Linfield Pre-season Friendly

Mac80

Should be a good Pre-season work out and test for the Lads.

Linfield are a decent side who are in the middle of CL qualifiers.

Hopefully Linfield will put on a stream like St. Pats did, give me something to do this afternoon.

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Howdy Doody Jambo

We will probably make 11 substitutions, all about getting match fitness

Goldstone Wonder

Was this game. It's meant to have been played last night?

Seymour M Hersh

If we don't win this game by 2 clear goals I'm hiring a ******* plane.

You'll not get there in time for the game unless it's a timeplane! 

I'm sure a certain poster will chip in :lol:

William H. Bonney

You'll not get there in time for the game unless it's a timeplane!

When I say plane I really mean a kite with an anti cathro slogan scribbled in marker pen.

Bridge of Djoum

Standing by for...

Hearts win, ''aye, only a friendly''.

Hearts lose, ''Cathro oot''.

Standing by for...

Hearts win, ''aye, only a friendly''.

Hearts lose, ''Cathro oot''.

Flip side of that coin is Hearts win, "great win, will be a good season", Hearts lose, "aye only a friendly"

MaroonsTheFuture51

What would peoples starting 11 be?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bridge of Djoum

Flip side of that coin is Hearts win, "great win, will be a good season", Hearts lose, "aye only a friendly"

That is true, although I don't think as many folk believe we will have a good season off the back of a friendly. Whereas quite a few will use any negativity to have another pop at the management.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

King prawn

What would peoples starting 11 be?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Whoever is the most unfit

rudi must stay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sW7gYLhQwEg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMzvvrexiFM

Found these on YouTube. Have my doubts but will give a bash at 3pm

St Patrick had a live channel so Linfield might have one as well. Should be a good game, they're a good team in Northen Ireland and hopefully we'll want to put in a better shift than on Wednesday

OmiyaHearts

The Royal has been good for song and a pint. Some traditional / local songs too, that I never joined in with.

rudi must stay

DENuLh5XkAM7amA.jpg

May be reading too much into things but from that it seems like Cochrane is highly rated at the moment

DENuLh5XkAM7amA.jpg

Was going to post this but then thought there was no point as kila will beat me to it haha

Hungry hippo

Interesting that Cochrane has been given a start in what is a pretty much first XI based on players available eg Smith-Brown carrying a knock and Souttar still recuperating.

jambo-fletch

Happy with the team! Nice to see Cochrane getting a start as well!

DxB Hearts

Great to see Cochrane starting when more of the 'first' team are starting.

Is this on Hearts TV anyone??

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

A_A wehatethehibs

Would say that is probably our strongest 11 at the moment other than Cochrane, although perhaps he has enough quality to take djoum/Martin's place in the team

David McCaig

Great to see Cochrane starting when more of the 'first' team are starting.

Is this on Hearts TV anyone??

No... Hearts TV seems to be happy to take subscribers cash for minimal content. In the last 7 days ago we have had two short interviews (Brandon & Cowie) plus deferred coverage of the St Pats match.

I would book early.

DxB Hearts

No... Hearts TV seems to be happy to take subscribers cash for minimal content. In the last 7 days ago we have had two short interviews (Brandon & Cowie) plus deferred coverage of the St Pats match.

Have to say as an expat I think Hearts TV is quite good and worth the cash BUT I also have sportsmania and clubs like Patrick have probably better coverage than Hearts.

It's worth the money if you live outside of the UK, couldn't comment on the value for money when you can't watch games.

What's everyone's thoughts on McGhee? Not sure if he's made an appearance yet this season but I always thought he was a decent player. I would like to see him get on today.

As for the formation, I think it's still a 3-4-3. Will be interesting to see Cochrane's impact after the praises he's been given. What position is he?

Also, I agree with Hearts TV statements. No bang for your buck. Some teams have much better media coverage for the fans and they don't even have to pay. Think after the amount of money fans have put in we deserve free and more insightful coverage. Would be especially useful for those of us who can't regularly get to games/ watch them on TV.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

KingRudiSkacel51

Is there a YouTube stream like the last game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucille's Thirsty

I know these are all about fitness but I do still get slightly annoyed if we lose.

Even in a friendly winning breeds winning.

Lucille's Thirsty

I've not heard of Cochrane people give me the low down.

He played against St Pats if I'm not mistaken

Any good?

That's a good team that, Cochrane has looked decent the last two games

David McCaig

Have to say as an expat I think Hearts TV is quite good and worth the cash BUT I also have sportsmania and clubs like Patrick have probably better coverage than Hearts.

It's worth the money if you live outside of the UK, couldn't comment on the value for money when you can't watch games.

In this day and age, it should be a no-brainer to live stream a pre-season friendly especially one away from home. However, the overall content seems to be less than it was 10 years ago.

The Royal has been good for song and a pint. Some traditional / local songs too, that I never joined in with.

Call it for what it is - bigots singing sectarian songs.

Galling that they use HMFC's name as a vehicle to promote their small minded, bigoted political agenda.

Time to get rid of these toss bags permenately from our support.

lost in space

Call it for what it is - bigots singing sectarian songs.

Galling that they use HMFC's name as a vehicle to promote their small minded, bigoted political agenda.

Time to get rid of these toss bags permenately from our support.

SPOT ON. Difficult for us to deplore this behaviour from the 2 Glasgow clubs when we have the same.

rossmaroon

Hope the majority of our fans will tell the bum-fluffed bigots to refrain from singing Rangers songs.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

I get it for the Hearts commentary, which means I don't have to listen to the moronic nonsense that is Open All Mics on BBC Radio Scotland.  And as for actual commentary from Liam McLeod... :veryangry2:

These now saying they're waiting for what appears to be their provider.  Nothing to indicate how long that wait will be.

They are spamming with their sign up to watch site... if you scroll down you will see the link to click that will take you to the register then no doubt payment details page ;) ... 

...a bit disco

4. Cochrane with a fine switch of play as he finds Grzelak wide left; he races down the flank but is closed down by two blue jerseys.

Replying to @CCP_sport

'Only one Jamie Walker," sing the travelling Hearts fans at Windsor Park as winger makes first start since transfer saga. #HMFC

Archived