Berra

Zibi

Son Of Anarchy

put me on ignore then but no need in the personal attack

Yet more made up accusations on what should be a happy positive thread. I'm shocked your involved in such theatrics (insert sarcasm smiley)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jamboelite

It wasnt a personal attack, he can chose to not put you on ignore and it would be good if you dropped the victim stance recently.

Well done Notts.

Personal attack, FFS, the guy told you to stop asking him questions, earlier in this thread he said he couldn't say who the other players were yet you kept stating names with question marks and obviously hacking him off, you did it again with McGregor and that is when Notts told you to stop, he wasn't abusive and did not attack you, if you think that is a personal attack you need to grow a pair.

Sorry for asking but are these 2 you talk about quite far down the line to signing and would these be senior players?

By the state of our club we might need about 7-8 first team players over the next month to be ready for next season and for it all to come together we need more experienced players.

Need more than 7-8. Nine already gone plus Osh, Sam, Johnsen going if there are takers. Noring contract up as well. Could be 13-14 out this summer.

Need more than 7-8. Nine already gone plus Osh, Sam, Johnsen going if there are takers. Noring contract up as well. Could be 13-14 out this summer.

Osh is going nowhere. He's happy to sit on his arse picking up a very healthy wage.

Its not for lack of trying by the club btw.

Osh is going nowhere. He's happy to sit on his arse picking up a very healthy wage.

He'll never earn the level of cash that we are spunking on him, anywhere else.

We've been taken for mugs on that one.

He'll never earn the level of cash that we are spunking on him, anywhere else.

Yep. Hence Ann taking a much more hands on approach with contracts and wages etc this window.

We've been taken for mugs on that one.

i wish jj was my dad

Over the moon with this signing.  The big guy is exactly what we need.

Well done, Hearts.

Wooooooooooohoooooooooooo!!!!!

THIS is a brilliant signing.  Just the kind we need.  A leader.  He's everything our team lacks when it comes to attitude and I doubt he'll be letting others coast through games.  A couple more like this and then maybe a wee wild card or two and we're looking good.

Love business getting done early too.  If we do announce a few signings previous to pre-season, and they're the type we can all get behind, I think the last few months, tough as they were, can almost be put behind us and we can say, that was a mess, let's draw a line and let's effing GO!!!!!

Right away just this one signing will help make the training park a more intense and competitive place.

More signings like this will only help.

As the squad builds and if we keep adding this type of character, then a nucleus of players setting the tone for future signings can only enhance standards.

Standards comes from input and how much you want to work hard. Not ability. Ability only shines with the workrate and application.

In my opinion anyway :)

Holyrood_Hearts

Berra is a tremendous signing. Well done Cathro & Levein.

There's a feeling similar to the summer before 05/06 about this. We brought in 7 first teamers despite having a decent spine already with Gordon/Elvis/Webster/Hartley. The signing of Berra almost feels like we're doing the reverse and bringing in the spine (especially if McGinn and McGregor turn out to be true).

I was always optimistic about this summer, but am even more so now that the first moves have been made.

Unknown user

There's a feeling similar to the summer before 05/06 about this. We brought in 7 first teamers despite having a decent spine already with Gordon/Elvis/Webster/Hartley. The signing of Berra almost feels like we're doing the reverse and bringing in the spine (especially if McGinn and McGregor turn out to be true).

I was always optimistic about this summer, but am even more so now that the first moves have been made.

I've got a feeling that mcgregor and whittaker are the two Notts has been talking about, both childhood hearts fans who've never had the chance to play for the famous

Maroonblood22

I've got a feeling that mcgregor and whittaker are the two Notts has been talking about, both childhood hearts fans who've never had the chance to play for the famous

The signing of Berra followed by McGregor, Whittaker and McGinn would be one of the best transfer windows we've had in recent times!!! We can dream...

The signing of Berra followed by McGregor, Whittaker and McGinn would be one of the best transfer windows we've had in recent times!!! We can dream...

Is it Allan McGregor you're talking about? If so, Aston Villa are in for him.

Maroonblood22

Aye just going on the rumours about him on here. Hopefully he tells Villa to ram it and comes to The Famous :)

Great signing. Lots of experience in a competitive league. He's the leader that we have needed this season.

Please view our review of the signing and our thoughts on the players that have gone.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TF9Y76Vsfo8

Love these wee videos, any plans to have more of the ones featuring two or three other fans all at the same time?

Oh, and where I come fae, poor rhymes wae soor :-)

Joe Hearts

One player doesn't make a team but Berra is certainly a very good start.

The good thing about having players like Berra on board is that any foreign imports will quickly learn what is required to play for hearts. They won't get a chance to just go through the motions.

At least 3-4 more British isle based players needed though. Preferably experienced in Scottish football.

Tasavallan

Probably now qualifies for a British Passport.

Captain America

Probably now qualifies for a British Passport.

To be fair to Osh, he never put a foot wrong this season.

:kirk:

hmfc_liam06

The good thing about having players like Berra on board is that any foreign imports will quickly learn what is required to play for hearts. They won't get a chance to just go through the motions.

At least 3-4 more British isle based players needed though. Preferably experienced in Scottish football.

Would love him to arrange a squad meeting with the shower of shite we have just now and lay down the law to them.

Get them telt basically!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

If they are, we should noise up Man U for loan of Sam Johnstone, he was impressive at Villa on loan

Ryan Jarman

I approve of this decision. 

Dr. Bapswent

Whilst I think Berra would be the natural choice for Captain, I don't see the need for this to happen within hours of him signing, other than the theatrics and drama of it which in itself is a reaction to the fans noise.

As a result it undermines the reasoning behind the decision, its a lame attempt at getting fans onside with Cathro. and whilst I think the outcome would be the same, I think taking time over it and at least making it look like there was some depth and reasoning behind the decision would have been better than an empty gesture.

Whilst I think Berra would be the natural choice for Captain, I don't see the need for this to happen within hours of him signing, other than the theatrics and drama of it which in itself is a reaction to the fans noise.

As a result it undermines the reasoning behind the decision, its a lame attempt at getting fans onside with Cathro. and whilst I think the outcome would be the same, I think taking time over it and at least making it look like there was some depth and reasoning behind the decision would have been better than an empty gesture.

Hearts have been talking to Berra for months

Not just happened last five minutes

Dalstonjambo

To be honest it's marketing isn't it. They are (rightly) worried about season ticket renewals after end of the season, so announcing this signing and having a captain that 'gets Hearts' will perhaps dampen the moaning from a few. If it helps season ticket renewals then it's worked. 

Jamboscanbevicius

Good move and happy to get this done early. Another part is selling the club to other potential targets IMO.

Hope Kitchen is away this summer as this undermines him terribly if he is staying!

Armageddon

Statement of intent - I have absolutely no issues with the decision any ANY way.

Only on JKB would somebody moan about this.

Armageddon

Didn't know it was that sunny in Ipswich...

40 degrees by the nick of that tan!

Wish we'd employ a club hairdresser.

Tynecastlesmychurch

You do realise we've been talking to him since January? I don't think anything about this is rushed or an empty gesture.

We_are_the_Hearts

40 degrees by the nick of that tan!

Wish we'd employ a club hairdresser.

Or a fashion tipster for Cathro, they trainers are horrific

Dusk_Till_Dawn

IMG_20170524_140703.jpg

Cathro needs some style tips from Neilson and Sergio. Horrific get up

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Scruffy as ****. Mr Plastic would have an aneurysm. Would get sent home apparently.

Armageddon

I'm told by a VERY reliable source that he's the sharpest dresser at the club.

Archived