***The Masters - 2017***

Samuel Camazzola

Samuel Camazzola

Only four days to go until the biggest sporting event of 2017 tees off!

It's a pity Tiger is not fit and his ongoing troubles cast major doubts on his physical capabilities of competing regularly again.

This year's field contains several potential recipients of the Green Jacket but DJ has to be considered as strong favourite.

Others who will be strongly fancied are Rory, Spieth and Day but with Day's personal issues, his mind may be elsewhere.

Longer shots to be watched are Rahm, Koepka, Mickelson, Thomas, Oosthuizen, Noren and Leishman.

As an outsider, I'll probably put something on Grillo and put a sentimental e/w on Couples.

Looking forward to seeing what parts of the course Bubba finds this year and what inventive recovery he pulls off.

Can't wait for this to tee off and the par 3 should be good to watch on Wednesday.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
luckyBatistuta

I was just about to put an each way bet on Day at 16/1 (8places) but you've put me off now. I didn't know about his mum, just watched his interview. I really felt for him watching that and he's always come across as a decent lad to me. I know it doesn't look good, but you never know, hopefully his mum beats this and makes a full recovery. I don't have a clue who I'm going to back now, but I do know it won't be DJ, although it would be nice to see his Mrs again in that wee number :wink:

Samuel Camazzola

I was just about to put an each way bet on Day at 16/1 (8places) but you've put me off now. I didn't know about his mum, just watched his interview. I really felt for him watching that and he's always come across as a decent lad to me. I know it doesn't look good, but you never know, hopefully his mum beats this and makes a full recovery. I don't have a clue who I'm going to back now, but I do know it won't be DJ, although it would be nice to see his Mrs again in that wee number :wink:

I backed Willett last year and was anticipating an e/w return until Spieth had a mad spell.

I nearly got in the money with Kjeldsen at The Masters and The Open until his bogey finish. I may opt with him again for 3ed time lucky.

hmfc_liam06

Fancy Thomas for the Masters as well, may have a wee EW bet on Matsuyama (I think that's how it's spelt :lol:)

The masters is the only major I've managed to pick winners at over the last few years, had Bubba at 25/1 when he won and willet last year after 2 rounds at 25/1 too iirc.

I'll be backing Bubba again, out if form but loves the place, may do Phil too.

Maroon Sailor

Rickie Fowler

Always felt he has a green jacket in him and it will look great with his traditional final round orange

Hugh Phamism

Could this finally be Sergio's year? Relatively short odd's at about 12/1. Matsuyama getting plenty interest and floating at around 22/1 3rd favourite.

Or if you fancy the patriotic bet, Russel Knox at 66/1

Henry. Henry.

Could this finally be Sergio's year? Relatively short odd's at about 12/1. Matsuyama getting plenty interest and floating at around 22/1 3rd favourite.

Knox is 175/1 on Sky Bet, mate. Generally 125/1 elsewhere.

Fowler and Rose are my main bets. I'll do my big price bets later on the week.

Maroon Sailor

You can get Sergio at 40/1

As always with him though does he have the real hunger, desire and belief to win a major.

Rudolf's Mate

Not looked yet however I'll probably pick my one favourite and 4 outsiders [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

luckyBatistuta

Not looked yet however I'll probably pick my one favourite and 4 outsiders [emoji3]

I'm similar to this, normally do a big bet on a short price and do a few each ways on bigger prices.

Speith and Matsuyama are my picks. Outside bets on Cabrera-Bello, Hadwin and Hatton

My bigger bets are on Speith and Matsuyama, the latter ew though. Small ews on Lowry, Woodland, Berger and Snedeker.

Skybet is the place for each ways as they're top 8, quarter the odds. Betway have a great offer for straight up - if your pick leads at the end of any day; they'll pay it out as a winner.

lauriesrank

Matsuyama a best 22's, Rahm best 28's, Pieters at 80's looks good value, however, Alex Noren (110s on marathon), grillo (125s skybet) and An (200s on sky bet first 8 1/4 odds)

Might do a 50p R/F on An and Na for some craic :)Maybe even back Wang (no puns) at 300s

Just as an e/w, I genuinely believe DJ has the game to tear Augusta and of course double winner Bubba cannot be overlooked (50s)

Pieters and casey ?5 ew

Sully and noren ?2.50 ew

Can't wait for this!

I like Pieters. He's got a major in him some time soon and I'll be backing him EW this week.

McIlroy will be my other bet. He's due again.

EDIT. No value in McIlroy at 15/2 so I took Justin Rose at 22/1

Course evacuated as something looking like the end of the world passes through.

Rain forecast for Thursday as well. Course will probably play even longer than usual.

luckyBatistuta

J. Thomas...35/1

S. Garcia...40/1

luckyBatistuta

H. Stenson...30/1

Mrs luckyBatistuta

B. Watson...40/1

eldest luckyBatistuta

R. Fowler...20/1

youngest luckyBatistuta

all each way, they're costing me a fortune. Backing Garcia, just because I would love to see him win it.

I'm going for each way bets on the outsiders.

Rahm, Westwood, Kjeldsen, Bello and only because he's from West Aus, Curtis Luck (500-1)

EW's on outsiders for me, Skybet paying 8 places at 1/4

Mark Leishman@60/1

Daniel Berger@70/1

Bill Haas@80/1

Soren Kjeldsen@150/1

Apparently haven't logged into my Sky account for 18 months, that explains why I feel positive about my chances :-)

Samuel Camazzola

Dustin Johnson has taken a bad fall on the stairs at his accommodation and is needing treatment. Sounds a dull one and couldn't have happened at a worse time. Hopefully he is going to be fit for tomorrow.

Guest Barack

Dustin Johnson has taken a bad fall on the stairs at his accommodation and is needing treatment. Sounds a dull one and couldn't have happened at a worse time. Hopefully he is going to be fit for tomorrow.

Posted about this on the golf thread. Dunno why...

If he's only 75% fit, considering the power he has to generate, with his swing in particular, he'll be lucky to make the cut.

Wait & see how he goes overnight. Might just be really stiff tomorrow, and nothing lasting.

Not that bothered, never really liked him anyway.

Guest Barack

Par 3 Comp cancelled for first time ever, due to Tornado warnings.

40 mph winds forecast for tomorrow. +15 wins it. :lol:

Maroon Sailor

Hope the weather doesn't spoil this tournament.

8 months since the last major and the last thing we need is the weather to put a dampener on things

Billy Walsh

Not got a lot of money on them, but have gone for Jon Rahm, Bubba Watson, Adam Scott & Hideki Matsuyama - all each way. Paddy Power are paying 8 places so hopefully get some sort of return.

Strummerville

Justin Thomas without DJ, Spieth, McIlroy 28/1 ?10

Rickie Fowler 22/1 ?10

Tyrell Hatton 50/1 ?5 e.w

Jimmy Walker 100/1 ?2.50 e.w

Branden Grace 100/1 ?2.50 e.w

I had also done a ?2.50 double on DJ to be 1st round Leader (14s) and Hatton to be top English player (13/2) at 91/1, but with DJ's back injury looking unlikely.

Maroon Sailor

Might lump a few quid on DJ now

Beware of the injured golfer and all that

Ryan Jarman

Outright

Louis Oosthuizen

Rickie Fowler

Brandt Snedeker

Phil Mickelson

E/W

Brooks Koepka

Matthew Fitzpatrick

Alexander Noren

Russell Knox 

I've got Hideki Matsuyama outright and each way bets on Ross Fisher, Alex Noren and Marc Leishman.

Ryan Jarman

Perfect start for me Oost +2 thru 3

:muggy: 

lauriesrank

Wife has Louis too, I have 'AN' as a freebet (?5 ew @200), chappell to be 1st round leader (50s) and stuard at... 2000/1 :D

Edit, ?4 on chappell ew and a nugget on stuard :)

lauriesrank

Wife has Louis too, I have 'AN' as a freebet (?5 ew @200), chappell to be 1st round leader (50s) and stuard at... 2000/1 :D

Edit, ?4 on chappell ew and a nugget on stuard :)

Stuard starting with a triple :D

Ryan Jarman

Oost now +4 thru 5 

Backed him at 40/1, he's now out to 150/1 on PP if anyone wants to share in my misery :lol: 

Maroon Sailor

Oost now +4 thru 5 

Backed him at 40/1, he's now out to 150/1 on PP if anyone wants to share in my misery :lol:

Think it's a day for hanging on so there might be a few other bets down the swanny by the end of round 1

Ryan Jarman

Featured group - Red button SS4

Oost back to +2 

Fowler -2 thru 3 

Know -1 thru 3 

Koepka -1 thru 2 

Things looking much better for me in no time :) 

luckyBatistuta

Featured group - Red button SS4

Oost back to +2 

Fowler -2 thru 3 

Know -1 thru 3 

Koepka -1 thru 2 

Things looking much better for me in no time :)

:sad: for the first time since I cancelled for my Sportsmania, I'm missing my Sky Sports.

Rudolf's Mate

:sad: for the first time since I cancelled for my Sportsmania, I'm missing my Sky Sports.

It's on TSN on Mania.

Phil with eagle on 2nd!

Rudolf's Mate

Go on Phil! And fowler.

:clap: off to a good start.

luckyBatistuta

It's on TSN on Mania.

Phil with eagle on 2nd!

Cheers bud

Rudolf's Mate

Cheers bud

Coverage isn't great tbh. I take it Sky's is on the red button?

Archived