Next Seasons Kits - Away kit launched (updated)

communist

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Diadora Van Basten

You say it's boring, but all you want is the complete opposite of the home shirt? :lol:

Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

Exactly if you are going to do something different then do something completely different.

No point just making it a bit different as fans of traditional away kits won't like it and fans of different away kits won't like it.

Love it. I've been screaming for years for some kind of embossed detailing running through the kit, so the cobblestone hearts are perfect. 

My one gripe is the random sky blue strip on the front of the collar. Think that would have looked perfect with a solid maroon round collar.

Excited to see what Umbro have in store for the third. This may be the best set of kits we've had in quite some time. 

Some may not like it, but there's unique thought going into them, and Umbro are working very closely with the club to add in the more personal touches. Give me that over some of the shelf adidas or nike pish any day!

Here, here!

Green? :huh:

Haha!  Right so if I use an eyedropper tool in a paint program on the middle of John Souttar's shirt, it gives me these colour values:

Red:    115

Green: 237

Blue:    248

So when I said "less green" I just meant a colour that would have less of a green component in it, be farther from teal/aqua and closer to a sky or powder blue colour (which also contain green, technically, just less!).

You say it's boring, but all you want is the complete opposite of the home shirt? :lol:

Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

A reverse of the home kit would not be boring - it would be CLASS!

Maybe not fancy enough for you to wear on a stag weekend to Blackpool, but perfect for the team on the park!

King prawn

Players won't be able to use the excuse that they can't see each other.

It's much better than last season's and the home kit is a winner so overall I'm happy.

I'm going to risk what little, if any, credibility I have on here and say I prefer the Roseberry number.

Ivan Drago

I'm going to risk what little, if any, credibility I have on here and say I prefer the Roseberry number.

I'll sacrifice my credibility also and say I agree with you. Not a fan of this one, would have much preferred a white away.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Maybe not fancy enough for you to wear on a stag weekend to Blackpool, but perfect for the team on the park!

Agreed. I'd love to he away top to be the reverse of the home. They can ***** about with a 3rd strip as much as they want.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Someone needs to tell the players it's okay and allowed to unbutton the top button on the jersey. That's exactly what I'll be doing.

I'd much prefer the away to be a reversal of the home but I'm just old fashioned. And black boots, always black boots!

kingantti1874

I'd much prefer the away to be a reversal of the home but I'm just old fashioned. And black boots, always black boots!

Of we did this every year, plain maroon home, collar, away reversed we'd never sell any kits

Of we did this every year, plain maroon home, collar, away reversed we'd never sell any kits

Sure about that?

What could have been...

2r47ig9.jpg

Oh my god!!! Lots of sex wee just came out seeing that "what could have been" strip.

Seen a photo with the close up of the design of the cobbles and the Heart of Midlothian, and really like it bar 1 thing

The sleeves are a different shade of blue. Make it all the same colour not 2 different shades, personally looks a bit naff but I still like the kit

A quick mockup I made:

heartstop.jpg

Ivan Drago

Agreed. I'd love to he away top to be the reverse of the home. They can ***** about with a 3rd strip as much as they want.

Away strip should always be a reverse and then keep the 3rd top for the outlandish ones

As a side note, the lack of fanfare on the website and imagery of the shirt features is frustrating given how long we dragged it out.

A quick mockup I made:

heartstop.jpg

Now THAT is classic HMFC!!

LarrysRightFoot

Can anyone do a mock up of the new away kit with black stripes on it?

(Or even maroon stripes)

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

We better be given the option of picking strip designs when we own the club as the mock ups on here are always vastly, vastly vastly, superior to the final shirt designs.

I don't mean it would be a boring kit, but I think we'd moan at Umbro's "lack of originality" and "use of templates" if we had the exact opposite for the away shirt.

I'm glad we're going for something different. Collars aren't everyone's bag, and this kit will be extremely popular with the younger supporters. Might even be good for a few "undecided" youngsters who want their first kit! :thumbsup:

Archie McBlarter

Think the new away kit would look good with the home shorts.

Cruyff Turn

A quick mockup I made:

heartstop.jpg

97/98 Olympic cup winning top comes to mind. Beautiful.

hughesie27

A quick mockup I made:

heartstop.jpg

That's really nice but just a wee bit too plain for me. Put some maroon Umbro diamonds down the sleave though...

That's really nice but just a wee bit too plain for me. Put some maroon Umbro diamonds down the sleave though...

That strip is pure simple class and needs nothing added to it!

Unknown user

We better be given the option of picking strip designs when we own the club as the mock ups on here are always vastly, vastly vastly, superior to the final shirt designs.

I dunno, we picked this and it sold very poorly

season-2001-2002-hearts-fc-darren-goldie

Five to One

Like the new shirt with long sleeves. Not so much with short

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

had the away one of that, material was sh!t, swapped it for an Ajax shirt at some random bar in Holland when we were on preseason tour there, might even still be hanging up.

who is that anyway? mind's a complete blank!

Dallas Green

Those errea kits were made with the worst material ever.

Those errea kits were made with the worst material ever.

always bothered that the B was wrong on the Strongbow as well.

Samuel Camazzola

had the away one of that, material was sh!t, swapped it for an Ajax shirt at some random bar in Holland when we were on preseason tour there, might even still be hanging up.

Goldie I think but not 100%.

Darren goldie

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

My sister had that errea kit with her name on the back.

One day in I think it was Terra Mitica theme park someone came up to us and her and asked if Natalie 17 was a new signing, think when the penny dropped they felt a bit daft

We wore it v Stuttgart but Other than that yeah I think it was pretty crappy material

Just spoke with the shop about the orange away goalkeepers top, worn on Saturday at Livingston, apparently it wont be on sale, why I have no idea but great marketing hearts! 

Was in the shop today.

Long sleeve version looks like a goalie top.

The brick pattern is on the front only with a plain back.  There are several 'heart mosiacs' embedded on the front.

Small umbro diamonds on the maroon shouder flashes.  Can't remember if black or a darker maroon.

A quick mockup I made:

heartstop.jpg

If you get a chance could you try another couple of mocks up based on the home strip and your away one and replace the standard collar with a 'grandpa' type collar similar to what I think the Lions had in 2005 in New Zealand.

I think it would look majestic as a minor change next season.

Archived