***Aberdeen v Hearts *** The Match Thread***

Beats

Second to every ball. like the Derby no desire or fight to win 50/50 balls...players not playing for jersey and passengers.

Only Isma and djoum look like they are trying.

Can have all the skill in the world, but without desire, we are shite.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MacDonald Jardine

Personally, I'm a lot less concerned about Nicholson being piss poor defensively than I am about our left back being piss poor defensively.

I was pulled up by someone when I posted this at the Rangers game but he continually moves inside and we get caught square.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

alicante jambo

If levein meddling at half time and the players come out with a better attitude who cares?Hes obviously pissed off the same as us.Hes the DOF nothing wrong with getting involved.

Ibrahim Tall

Levein can meddle all he wants if it gives a positive result, considering how open and bluntly he's done it and BT's hysterical reaction to it hints he probably hasn't previously.

Levein allegedly in changing room.

I feel we're back in the vlad/frail/korruchba days at the moment.

Hamilton must be one of the worst teams to ever grace the spl!!!!

BTW - I don't think I'm wrong but Hearts have been woeful away from home for the thirty years I've supported them.

Levein needs to learn how to use a fax machine, that's how the true meddlers communicate.

This who is manager crap is getting beyond a joke.

Got an experienced man watching the game from the stand. Can see a different view to Cathro. Offering advice, nothing more. We're very poor, I'd be more pissed off if Levein wasn't trying to help!

I don't care what they do if it's working.

At the moment it's clearly not.

siegementality

Loving how some of the posters as using the BT footage to somehow make out that they know what is going on behind the scenes.

Get a grip. BT have a handle on what's going on, that's why they are making an issue of it.

waynefozzie

Aberdeen are obviously better than us - they pay more for better players and retain them and have a settled side. But matches turn on small things. We were actually starting to play with a bit of confidence before they scored. Nicholson should have scored and then he should have tracked their right back. After that we lost confidence on the ball. We keep punting it forward and it keeps coming back. Tziolis is having a nightmare.

Am loving the BT chat about Levein - the DoF commenting on football is "horrific" and "horrendous".

rick witter

Started quite well and had to possible penalties. Nicholson should have done better. The defense was all at sea and Hamilton should command his six yard box. Gone to pieces after the goal.

The ref is having a laugh. Goncalves gets pulled back stopping an attacking run, no foul. Tziolis pulls back an Aberdeen player in the middle of the pitch,yellow card. Never offside ( though they still couldn't put the ball in the net )

The problem is should we win this it takes us closer to Sevco. They will never allow that!

Have a word with yourself mate your post is embarrassing.

By your logic they (whoever they are) would let us win as it would give rangers a better chance of second place

If levein meddling at half time and the players come out with a better attitude who cares?Hes obviously pissed off the same as us.Hes the DOF nothing wrong with getting involved.

Maybe without his pressure the management can make their own mistakes..who's to say this while it hasn't been Levein all along, which means he's to blame.

Let the management try to change it or get them out and take over yourself.

You don't know that they don't.

Give me strength

You telling me between Cathro and McPhee trying to get organised during the game, they then get a differing opinion from Levein just to add to the confusion.

They won't know if they are coming or going, it can't possibly work during the game

Levein in the dressing room.

Cathro is so far out of his depth, it's scary.

Question is, do we cut our loses and get rid before next season, or do we persist with the plan and allow him to see out his contract?

Aye it is right, because they've both said it in public .. including neilson - who said it after he left the ******* club when he said he'd welcome a guy / and the insights levin provided at MK DONS.. so it is ******* right.. unless your calling them both liars.. what do you thinks more like likely..

But that doesn't suit your or the other agendas on here does it.

Listen we are pish - levein is guilty of making bad managerial decisions, I'm ok sure I like him in this role.. jury's out.. but there's no ******* conspiracy..

Nailed it. The idea that Neilson & Cathro would sit and happily allow Levein to dictate the selection etc & sit and lie about it is laughable.

Levein has serious questions to answer about his own job & decisions he's made but ffs he's not meddling. He's the DOF and it's his role to offer advice & help the manager. Whether he's doing a good job of that is another question.

You're making an assumption that he is meddling and giving instructions.

Cathro could easily have asked for his perspective of the game from up in the stands.

Lol

If LEVEIN is getting involved he has to take his share of the flak. And if we are going to persist with 1 upfront with no support I will not renew my season ticket and pick and choose my games. On current form there will be plenty seats to choose from

Clark Griswold

Levein was in the dressing room away at Thistle as well.  This isn't new.

It may not be new, but he shouldnt have to be in there. Shows exactly how much Cathro is out of his depth

Aye it is right, because they've both said it in public .. including neilson - who said it after he left the ******* club when he said he'd welcome a guy / and the insights levin provided at MK DONS.. so it is ******* right.. unless your calling them both liars.. what do you thinks more like likely..

But that doesn't suit your or the other agendas on here does it.

Listen we are pish - levein is guilty of making bad managerial decisions, I don't like him in this role.. but there's no ******* conspiracy. Dof is a common role in world football, only in Scotland is there some sort of shady agenda attached to it

During the 90 mins of a game they would welcome getting tactics given to them from above, you really believe that then fair enough

Nicholson (pish rotten Btw) and Walker playing but no width. Safety in numbers in midfield yet out worked and maneuvered.

Lack of support and services to Goncalves is disgraceful

Nicholson, Tziolis, Cowie and Djoum all have stinkers.

Absolute pony

Watt-Zeefuik

Got the start time wrong. :( 

At least the codheads are playing Walk the Moon's catchy ditty. Wife and I legit thought that was a britpop song until we found out they were from Ohio.

We've been shite away from home all year.

Also I'm so bored of the whole levein meddling pish, does anyone actually care if he is?

I'm just finished with our whole set up, its so depressing.

Levein in the dressing room oooooo whoopie doo who gives a flying ****.

Yep. Someone needs to try and motivate this bunch of wasters

The Internet

BTW - I don't think I'm wrong but Hearts have been woeful away from home for the thirty years I've supported them.

Most normal teams are pretty bad away from home. Great away form takes you to the next level.

Cannot blame the coaches for players being incapable to pass a ball to a teammate, or into a space where there is a reasonable chance of a teammate getting to it first, or indeed those teammates failing to create angles to receive the ball or if they are being pressed to move their marker out of position so that someone else can take advantage...

These guys are professional footballers. Stop making excuses for them, by blaming the guys sitting in the dugout. Passing a ball is as basic as it gets.

Clark Griswold

Tziolis stick on for a red then. What I want to see is some fight, determination, bite in the tackle and show some fecking desire. Cmon!

Oneneilberry

Struna Sowah and Avlonitis are absolutely gash.An anonymous midfield two wide players contributing nought and a striker 40 yards away from any support,throw in a complete lack of fight and a manager who apparently isn't calling the shots

He may be DoF, but he should not be passing on tactical advice during a game, and he should not be in the dressing room.

It undermines the manager, and means the players don't know who to answer to.

If he does not have faith in IC, then he should remove him. If he does, he should let him get on with it, and advise IC when IC asks him. That should not be in the middle of a half, or when the half time team talk should be taking place.

MacDonald Jardine

Levein's team talk has obviously worked well.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bazzas right boot

Goncalves so isolated, happens allot unsure how Cathro can't see it.

Archived