Poll - Should Cathro STAY or GO

queensferryjambo

Poll - Should Cathro STAY or GO  

1,409 members have voted

1. 1. Poll - Should Cathro STAY or GO

• We should have patience and he should STAY
    • This is a failed experiment he should GO

Guest jonesy

3 and a half year deal Cathro was given. You would have thought Levein would have learnt his lesson with the number of long contracts he has dished out to dud players.

Maybe he's trying to get a whole squad of them...

No GK (obv!)

Osh and Rherras sorting out the defence

El Hassanoui and Martin running the show in the midfield.

Hell, we could play Cathro up front. Might as well do something for his wages. He's only 30 - probably in decent shape.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jonesy

Neilson was a complete scruff. If I turned up for work looking like I had been out in the piss and had slept on my mates couch the night before I'd be expected to be told to go home.

He also came accross as aloof and arrogant in his press conferences and without a shred of humility.

He also won a league title, got us into Europe (and out again, pretty sharpish, though!) and looked on course to do the same this season.

He could shit in my beer, wear an I love Jimmy Saville T-shirt and never shave again if he delivered that consistently. :)

North Berwick Jambo

I have always been one of Carhro's biggest backers. Always trying to see the long term / bigger picture view of things. I was even willing to write the season off & give him the summer window to get thing right as long as we started to show little sign of improvement. Even I have to admit now that is just not happening & that as every game goes by it's become obvious that something is badly wrong. It looks like it's impossible for any of these players to raise their game & there has to be a reason for this. Budge has a massive decision to make very soon, risk a big slump in season ticket sales or make big changes.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Neilson was a complete scruff. If I turned up for work looking like I had been out in the piss and had slept on my mates couch the night before I'd be expected to be told to go home.

He also came accross as aloof and arrogant in his press conferences and without a shred of humility.

Literally every fan in Scotland said Neilson done a great job. Well apart from some Hearts fans. I have no doubt you dislike him personally.

Strange, strange behaviour.

rudi must stay

Not for me he didn't. He came across as a very likeable and interested man, who enjoyed being there. Cathro has been like that once, in his first press conference, since then he has come across as a jumped up know it all

I'd be fairly certain if this poll started afresh that it would be pretty overwhelming in favour of Cathro going.

Ferryjambo99

You're constantly having a go at him for his appearance and your second part of your post just seems like nonsense. It strikes me like you've got little evidence to criticise his tenure and are just giving personal abuse for the sake of it

Needs two windows, so should stay. Shouldn't have even contemplated the lad if we weren't going to keep him till the end of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Times up Cathro,AB needs to step up now.Punt Cathro and bin the director of football experiment,offer Levein the managers job and if he doesn't want it,let him rum the academy as I don't see her sacking him.Its blatantly obvious our players have no faith/trust in the management team and not changing things will seriously damaged a lot of the good work that's been done over the last few years.

Rudi Hates Hibees

I've changed my vote. I was all for giving him time but there has been absolutely no sign of any improvement over the last few games. It's just not good enough.

I honestly expected about 90% in favour of GO and instead 66% are saying STAY. Funny old world.

The threads been on the go for a long time.

Bazzas right boot

Ha ha, your rants get more and more personal. It's actually quite funny now.

He left of his own accord so we move on.

However, People like you are just looking silly now in regards to Robbie tho, the bigger man would accept he was wrong to hound Robbie and celebrate Cathro and the new signings like saviours ( the good kind)

You just keep bashing on with ridiculous statements like the above, tho.

It's good reading and funny.

Bazzas right boot

I honestly expected about 90% in favour of GO and instead 66% are saying STAY. Funny old world.

Think some understood it was a plan with next season in mind.

Not saying it's right and things have gone worse than expected, but imo i knew it was going to get a bit rocky this season and the summer would be the time to judge.

That hasn't changed, for me.

Bazzas right boot

Needs two windows, so should stay. Shouldn't have even contemplated the lad if we weren't going to keep him till the end of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simply this.

Absolutely no point in changing now.

In the summer, recruitment must improve/ strategy change, if not then Craig and IC need to go.

Jambof3tornado

I have always been one of Carhro's biggest backers. Always trying to see the long term / bigger picture view of things. I was even willing to write the season off & give him the summer window to get thing right as long as we started to show little sign of improvement. Even I have to admit now that is just not happening & that as every game goes by it's become obvious that something is badly wrong. It looks like it's impossible for any of these players to raise their game & there has to be a reason for this. Budge has a massive decision to make very soon, risk a big slump in season ticket sales or make big changes.

Where I'm at too!!

Simply this.

In the summer, recruitment must improve/ strategy change, if not then Craig and IC need to go.

Simply not, the man is destroying any credibility that we have left.

Simply this.

In what way can you possibly think there is no point changing a manager that is clearly not cut out for the job, has us 11th in the form table, dropping like a stone and the team can barely get a shot on target during the 90 minutes? There is every ****ing point, the only folk that want him to stay is every other teams fans and a collection of weird Hearts fans that obviously enjoy suffering.

highlandjambo3

I did not know I could change my vote, click the "delete my vote" tab and, you get a chance to vote again.  Sorry but, changed from a stay to a go............................sat on the fence for ages (like a lot of people) saying it wil get better............. it will get better............... surly this time.................

There is a clip in the magnificent 7 film where a guy was talking about someone falling from a tall block of flats and, as he passed each floor people could hear him saying "so far so good"............................Cathro

Still 65% want him to stay?????  Really????? :stunned:

Must be a high percentage of Hibees in there surely??

Bazzas right boot

In what way can you possibly think there is no point changing a manager that is clearly not cut out for the job, has us 11th in the form table, dropping like a stone and the team can barely get a shot on target during the 90 minutes? There is every ******* point, the only folk that want him to stay is every other teams fans and a collection of weird Hearts fans that obviously enjoy suffering.

Think the recruiment is the issue.

The players brought in are not good enough. This was imo Cathro's and Craigs biggest mistake, changing too much, too soon and in a limited window.

Your argument was  used by several posters  for Neilson. changing never worked.

I don't think changing now will solve anything, I had a feeling we would dip (not as much TBH) and that summer was the time to judge , I still think that.

most wont have bothered to change there vote since it was originally posted 

A_A wehatethehibs

Gradually, those who have been staying off jkb are coming round to the reality of the situation. After Dundee beat us, the scales will tip

Jambof3tornado

Gradually, those who have been staying off jkb are coming round to the reality of the situation. After Dundee beat us, the scales will tip

Less than 1400 have even voted.

It means nothing.

A_A wehatethehibs

Less than 1400 have even voted.

It means nothing.

That's actually quite a substantial sample size, 10% of c14,000 tynecastle regulars. Not a valid sample by any stretch but as close as you're likely to get.

Since I looked at it a few days ago it has shifted from 76%-24% to now 65-35%.

Of course to more accurately guage current opinion we would need a new poll but it's the shift tells you something.

That's actually quite a substantial sample size, 10% of c14,000 tynecastle regulars. Not a valid sample by any stretch but as close as you're likely to get.

Since I looked at it a few days ago it has shifted from 76%-24% to now 65-35%.

Of course to more accurately guage current opinion we would need a new poll but it's the shift tells you something.

So everyone who has voted in this poll is a Tynecastle regular ?

I would say not !

So everyone who has voted in this poll is a Tynecastle regular ?

I would say not !

If the voting was solely Tynecastle regulars I think it would be at least 75% wanting Cathro (and Levein) out.

hmfc_liam06

Changed from stay to go.

I advocated him needing time when he first come on board but that was with the premise of there being gradual change. The only change I see is for the worse and I just don't see how he can improve us.

Broxburn Jambo

I changed from stay to go,

I really wanted him to do well, and if wonders of wonders he managed to get this set of players to go unbeaten from now till the end of the season I would be a happy man...............................................but I can't see any positive factors coming from him eg player motivation, change of tactics or even telling us that during this dire period he could see his pathway.

highlandjambo3

"STAY" has dropped by 2 and the "GO" has risen since 19 this morning.....................be interesting to compair when folk find out they can change their vote.................. need to bump this a bit though

Lucille's Thirsty

He's still ****ing here!!

Levein has made a mistake fix the problem,sack Cathro and get someone in now the new manager will have the rest of the season to bed in then has a full summer to implement ideas and sign his players.

He may be out of reach but I would like Alex Neil.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

He's still ******* here!!

Levein has made a mistake fix the problem,sack Cathro and get someone in now the new manager will have the rest of the season to bed in then has a full summer to implement ideas and sign his players.

:Agree: might not get Alex Neil but I would take Robbo right now and he would be more than happy to take the team until a replacement was found.

Jasonauskas

We'd do better with no head coach whatsoever, just have the players work it out themselves.

He's still ******* here!!

There is the small matter of compensation.......

.....which we haven't got !

Unless you want to cough up !

He ain't going anywhere, guys.

waynefozzie

I'm still with the majority. Give the guy time. History will absolve us.

It's in tough times that you find out what a club's about. The last 18 months, and 2017 in particular, it's been a tough time to be a Hearts fan. In the past, when times have been rough, we've risen to the challenge superbly. Now, where is our resolve and spirit? He's not going anywhere soon, so let's get behind the team and management and hope they can turn things around.

There is the small matter of compensation.......

.....which we haven't got !

Unless you want to cough up !

He ain't going anywhere, guys.

Yeah, then you will have a few trumpets on here saying they are cancelling their pledge if any of their pledge money goes for compensation. 

OFhater, on 06 Apr 2017 - 2:34 PM, said:

:Agree: might not get Alex Neil but I would take Robbo right now and he would be more than happy to take the team until a replacement was found.

I thought Robbo might have got the gig after Robbie left. Just till the end of the season, giving the club plenty time to find the right replacement

julienbrellier

exactly where I am at

Catho must stay!

Least your obvious. Lots of other very low post counts saying the same.

Least your obvious. Lots of other very low post counts saying the same.

All joking aside he really needs to go. I'm all for giving people a chance but the boy just isn't cut out to be a manager. I'm sure he has plenty of good ideas but he just doesn't have the strong personality to manage a group of men I think that is plainly obvious. Goncalves has only been playing for him for a couple of months and that look he gave him when he got subbed against Celtic was just one of utter contempt and disrespect. I see someone mentioned Alex Neil. He is a good shout for you guys. I would imagine Levein would have to go for something like that to happen though.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Catho must stay!

Can you believe this website is for Hearts fans? :rofl:

Imagine if Aberdeen had employed him and more than 60% of your fan base wanted him to stay? You would deserve everything you got.

Can you believe this website is for Hearts fans? :rofl:

Imagine if Aberdeen had employed him and more than 60% of your fan base wanted him to stay? You would deserve everything you got.

I would not be a happy bunny if we'd employed this imposter. We'd hound Stewart Milne until he ran him out of town. You need to get rid of him ASAP he just isn't going to cut the mustard. The boy is like a fish out of water.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I would not be a happy bunny if we'd employed this imposter. We'd hound Stewart Milne until he ran him out of town. You need to get rid of him ASAP he just isn't going to cut the mustard. The boy is like a fish out of water.

That's exactly how you would describe Ian Cathro. We have an odd fan base. Some think he's new and refreshing and we're somehow going to be pioneers of Scottish football. Heads and arses spring to mind.

I thought Robbo might have got the gig after Robbie left. Just till the end of the season, giving the club plenty time to find the right replacement

Been there, tried it, failed. Why do you think he isn't a club manager somewhere?

soonbe110, on 06 Apr 2017 - 10:04 PM, said:soonbe110, on 06 Apr 2017 - 10:04 PM, said:

Been there, tried it, failed. Why do you think he isn't a club manager somewhere?

I said  just a stand in as not to rush into making the wrong appointment ..and he wouldn't have done any worse

That's exactly how you would describe Ian Cathro. We have an odd fan base. Some think he's new and refreshing and we're somehow going to be pioneers of Scottish football. Heads and arses spring to mind.

Yip totally agree with you. I think the appointment was Levein trying to show everyone "how clever he is". Unfortunately for CL this appointment has the potential to be even more disastrous for him than his infamous 4-6-0 formation.

Yep. We know, well some of us do but you get the ones living on cloud cuckoo land that believe this will all magically come good, whole thing is farcical and embarrassing.

IveSeenTheLight

Yip totally agree with you. I think the appointment was Levein trying to show everyone "how clever he is". Unfortunately for CL this appointment has the potential to be even more disastrous for him than his infamous 4-6-0 formation.

I thought it was quite a bold, interesting and refreshing move.

It's not worked out well (yet!) and can understand the concern Hearts fans over a prolonged period without any improvement under Cathro.

In football though, often teams are rewarded by sticking with the manager and letting them develop the team.

It was not that long ago (this season) that many fans wanted Derek McInnes shipped out, yet he has gained consistency in his team which has practically secured 2nd before the split, reached the LC final and in the semi of the Scottish cup.

Its yet to be seen if Cathro can turn around this poor start, but maybe, just maybe, its still too early to tell.

When fans clamour for a change, I always wonder who would be realistically available to improve.

Alex Neil has been mentioned in here, but I remain to be convinced by him

He had a great 18 months at Hamilton, then fell away. Seems similar at Norwich, started well, but then fell away.

Archived