Poll - Should Cathro STAY or GO

queensferryjambo

Poll - Should Cathro STAY or GO  

1,409 members have voted

1. 1. Poll - Should Cathro STAY or GO

• We should have patience and he should STAY
    • This is a failed experiment he should GO

Jambof3tornado

He should ditch the players that clearly don't give a shit and play the youngsters, season is over imo, we surely don't want Europe with how early it starts anyway tbh

Really? We are going to throw away european football because it starts too early???

Why would you think like that?

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dusk_Till_Dawn

See what he does recruitment-wise over the summer. If by this point next season we are not clicking I think he will either.be gone or vultures will be circling though

Who is doing the recruiting though? That's the key question.

Well, when Neilson was in charge, he said he was responsible and had the final say. I think Cathro has said the same.

It is up to the individual fan to decide whether they believe it or not, but it won't change the official line.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Not really a fan of the hire & sack culture tbh would rather Levein was told to go but I'm now sure this Cathro appointment is a failure. Wouldn't advise sacking though as there is literally no point. The season is over, the stand is being rebuilt... it's just merely a transition period until next season. Ann will make a shrewd and well calculated decision at the perfect time of that I'm sure. In Budge we trust.

FTH. 5-1FOREVER.

Give him longer than the end of the season. Pre season is where it is at with him if it starts badly after that then yeh by almeans let him go but if we start next season without a loss all you doubters sorry the hate mob will be sooking the brown stuff oot his hoop. Believe in the man for God sakes it would be a different story if we were Barcelona or Bayern Munich but we aren't get that into your heads and just remember Rome wasn't built in a day get behind him or at least try get behind him and things will get better. The players are as much to blame has his selection or tactics we have a captain that is showing signs he doesn't want to be there so I'd say give the armband to someone who is going to lead the team we also have a goalie that's to inexperienced to even be first choice and shouldn't be between the sticks so give noring a chance and make jack fight for his place also now that djoum has won a major international competition he's come back with an ego that he's too good for the team hence why he said he wants to leave in that case don't play him and let him gtf out because this kind of negativity isn't helping the club or cathro so for the love of the club get behind him and if you don't then don't bother renewing your season tickets and go buy one for fester road because that's not the kind of fans a great club like hearts should have.

Well, when Neilson was in charge, he said he was responsible and had the final say. I think Cathro has said the same.

It is up to the individual fan to decide whether they believe it or not, but it won't change the official line.

What makes you think Neilson and Cathro are lying about it? Why would you take it as anything other than read?

This is getting in to conspiracy theorist territory now. Absolutely bonkers imo.

He should stay and play the same starting XI that he did v Rangers and stop thinking he's the new tinkerman.

Number 4 dropped. Has to happen. Cowie and Kitchen back in. Bikey and Johnson up front (as Isma Is suspended).

In all fairness, the 73/27 split is probably similar to the outcome you might have got had we run a "do you think this appointment is a good idea" poll a few months back.

Many of the people who voted that this is a failed experiment have probably thought it was a bad idea throughout.

I don't think a Hibs defeat has drastically turned the tide, which is pleasing.

Even the knee jerk anger appears to have subsided

hearts related nickname

It's hard to accept the opinions of people who refer to our players as "our number 4" or "the Greek boy in defence".

Cathro stays for at least another season it's silly to suggest otherwise. We are great at keeping possession but we do nothing with it. If he addresses this problem we will be fine. At the moment we don't create nothing going forward. The 4-0 Kilmarnock game is the blue print, his tactics there were fantastic. Do that more!!

It's hard to accept the opinions of people who refer to our players as "our number 4" or "the Greek boy in defence".

Cathro stays for at least another season it's silly to suggest otherwise. We are great at keeping possession but we do nothing with it. If he addresses this problem we will be fine. At the moment we don't create nothing going forward. The 4-0 Kilmarnock game is the blue print, his tactics there were fantastic. Do that more!!

Tbf the Greek boy in defence hasn't beven performing to standard so can understand why some wouldn't even give him the credence of using his name. Avlonitis really does need to pull the finger out.

Tongue firmly in cheek there :D

I'm in agreement with your post btw. I feel like we're onto something with what Cathro wants to achieve. I do, however, think he needs the puppet master removed so we can see what Cathro the head coach can achieve. I genuinely think that will only happen when the shadowy creepy control freak undermining him is gone.

There must be someone that could do the dof role that would actually allow the head coach to make mistakes to learn from whilst protecting them by putting themselves in the firing line. The very fact Levein won't do that is what irks me about him (in case anyone asks). Shows he doesn't have the decency to put himself on the line for the very person he's recommended so highly to the support and Queen Ann herself and undoubtedly he's actually having a go at/ bullying Cathro for recent results as he's basically a scapegoat right now.

Space Mackerel

New main stand, Ms Budge, Cathro, McPhee, Levein, new turf, offices and shop under Wheatfield and of course the pies can GTF.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

hearts related nickname

Tbf the Greek boy in defence hasn't beven performing to standard so can understand why some wouldn't even give him the credence of using his name. Avlonitis really does need to pull the finger out.

Tongue firmly in cheek there :D

I'm in agreement with your post btw. I feel like we're onto something with what Cathro wants to achieve. I do, however, think he needs the puppet master removed so we can see what Cathro the head coach can achieve. I genuinely think that will only happen when the shadowy creepy control freak undermining him is gone.

There must be someone that could do the dof role that would actually allow the head coach to make mistakes to learn from whilst protecting them by putting themselves in the firing line. The very fact Levein won't do that is what irks me about him (in case anyone asks). Shows he doesn't have the decency to put himself on the line for the very person he's recommended so highly to the support and Queen Ann herself and undoubtedly he's actually having a go at/ bullying Cathro for recent results as he's basically a scapegoat right now.

What could Levein say to make the situation better?

Rudolf's Mate

New main stand, Ms Budge, Cathro, McPhee, Levein, new turf, offices and shop under Wheatfield and of course the pies can GTF.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The big question is are the pies up to scratch or are they still the melted to the bottom nuked pies? If they are then aye, GTF the lot of them!

The big question is are the pies up to scratch or are they still the melted to the bottom nuked pies? If they are then aye, GTF the lot of them!

Still melted to the bottom of the tin foil the arse falls out the pie as soon as you try to lift it out. This needs addressing quickly it's a real serious issue which could affect FoH subs. It's causing disharmony in the stands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What makes you think Neilson and Cathro are lying about it? Why would you take it as anything other than read?

This is getting in to conspiracy theorist territory now. Absolutely bonkers imo.

Where in the post do I say they are lying?

What could Levein say to make the situation better?

That he trusts in Cathro and he wants to give him some decent time to build a team. Problem is that's putting himself on the line, can't see him doing it. Just like certain players in the team have been doing recently it's like he's went into hiding for things not going well. DoF, to me, should be someone that will take ownership of mistakes and have the testes to stand up for their coaches.

Give him longer than the end of the season. Pre season is where it is at with him if it starts badly after that then yeh by almeans let him go but if we start next season without a loss all you doubters sorry the hate mob will be sooking the brown stuff oot his hoop. Believe in the man for God sakes it would be a different story if we were Barcelona or Bayern Munich but we aren't get that into your heads and just remember Rome wasn't built in a day get behind him or at least try get behind him and things will get better. The players are as much to blame has his selection or tactics we have a captain that is showing signs he doesn't want to be there so I'd say give the armband to someone who is going to lead the team we also have a goalie that's to inexperienced to even be first choice and shouldn't be between the sticks so give noring a chance and make jack fight for his place also now that djoum has won a major international competition he's come back with an ego that he's too good for the team hence why he said he wants to leave in that case don't play him and let him gtf out because this kind of negativity isn't helping the club or cathro so for the love of the club get behind him and if you don't then don't bother renewing your season tickets and go buy one for fester road because that's not the kind of fans a great club like hearts should have.

Several things not quite right about this post, your giving him perhaps 5 or 6 games more than others who want him removed, next your saying those people are being unreasonable and therefore should put their lips to his backside and suck jobbies from said backside, " for gods sake" if there is a god why would he care if you believe in Ian Cathro? No we,re not Barca or Bayern, but do you have to be to beat a lower league team or Partick Thistle? I,m sure he picks and motivates the players, so he is at least partly to blame for their performance. Goalie? Well I,m sure he's been playing long enough to be able to kick a ball and keep it in between the lines. Djoum? He said he was looking to get to the Premiership when he signed, the papers just brought up old news and you fell for it. Just because someone doesn't, like the manager is no reason to send them across the city, and we want every supporter we can get. Try and see others reasoning and try and be less insulting of other Hearts Supporters

Several things not quite right about this post, your giving him perhaps 5 or 6 games more than others who want him removed, next your saying those people are being unreasonable and therefore should put their lips to his backside and suck jobbies from said backside, " for gods sake" if there is a god why would he care if you believe in Ian Cathro? No we,re not Barca or Bayern, but do you have to be to beat a lower league team or Partick Thistle? I,m sure he picks and motivates the players, so he is at least partly to blame for their performance. Goalie? Well I,m sure he's been playing long enough to be able to kick a ball and keep it in between the lines. Djoum? He said he was looking to get to the Premiership when he signed, the papers just brought up old news and you fell for it. Just because someone doesn't, like the manager is no reason to send them across the city, and we want every supporter we can get. Try and see others reasoning and try and be less insulting of other Hearts Supporters

I'd happily give him 10 years IV been wanting cathro at the club since before we got relegated. So where is the reasoning from the angry faced supporters there isn't and like I said a great club like hearts doesn't need the negativity that's coming from this we rough patch. People need to see that it's not just cathros fault that things are going bad it's the players on the pitch aswell.

avhudtheteeshirt

I'd happily give him 10 years IV been wanting cathro at the club since before we got relegated. So where is the reasoning from the angry faced supporters there isn't and like I said a great club like hearts doesn't need the negativity that's coming from this we rough patch. People need to see that it's not just cathros fault that things are going bad it's the players on the pitch aswell.

Great post!!!!

People have to realise that our great club and supporters want the very best and to win the League and both Cups.

But, that's where reality ends, as they not only want everything but they also want it now!

Since our darkest days, our supporters have put their own money into saving the Club and it has put us on a pedestal as far as I can see against others.

Now we have a bad spell of results that they don't like, and they want to clear the decks and start again?

A section of fans wanted rid of Neilson as they thought it was all his fault, now its moved to Cathro and or Leivien for their ire?

When will they realise the biggest part of football is patience, wait long enough and it will happen ( ask a Hobo)!!!!!!

500ClubCraig

There was no need to sign 9 players in January.

There was no need to let Muirhead, Ozturk & Rossi to leave.

There was no need to put Sammon out on loan.

There was an arguable need to bring back McGhee, Reilly & King....... and yes two or three quality signings wouldn't have gone wrong.

But any Coach/Manager worth having would know better than to make so many changes mid season especially for players on short term contracts with no experience of Scottish football.

Likewise a progressive DofF wouldn't have sanctioned those changes if he had any faith in the squad he had been involved in assembling!

For me this hasn't worked and we should cut our loses now. Cathro may make/be a great coach but he isn't a leader of men.

• 1 month later...

At my work there are quite a few Jambos and Alex Neil comes out top choice. By the way everybody wants rid of Cathro AND Levein.

Anyone saying we should give him any time to ruin next season should be fecking ashamed. Some of you might be happy just staying but don't wish it on us you ***** :)

Absolutely spot on thank you for most sensible post read today

Danny Wilde

I'm fed up with the club being an experiment. The "Levein + young coach + rear young talent" model is already busted.

I'd break the bank to bring back our most effective manager of the last decade, Paulo Sergio. Not going to happen sadly.

Most of history's important discoveries have came through experimentation. Most made mistakes but thankfully persisted in their endeavour & personal belief that what they were attempting would eventually succeed.

Cathro may be seen as an experiment, which could fail, or be a success. When you implement such a radical change in philosophy against more tried & tested methods you have to be more patient.

I so want it to work, not only so we can stick the middle finger up at those ex pros & media fuds, but more so because it might be the making of us for a long time to come.

If this was either of the OF trying this, they would be seen as pioneers or world leaders in their field.

Agreed. If we want to achieve something better than ordinary then we need to try something different, and in trying something different you're bound to hit bumps in the road. The road less travelled, I suppose.

It might not work, but you won't know unless you give it a go....and the risk is worth taking if it perhaps means giving ourselves a platform to achieve more in future.

There's lots of factors at play at the moment and to me it's not a clear and simple case of Cathro being the problem, so I'll not be calling for his head anytime soon. He needs to be given a proper chance, same as any other manager or coach. He still has my support. I just hope to god that things improve and improve soon.

Stay unless they have someone lined up with managerial experience then go would be my option.

Bazzas right boot

This season has crashed and burned.

It's a shocker of a start from Cathro tbh.

However, Changing now will do nothing.

I'm behind him, get a full summer behind us.

He needs a good start next year tho.

Recruitment is key this time.

If it goes wrong, again Cathro and Levien Should go.

Cathro says work in progress, well if this is progress then it's gonna take one hell of a time if these results are anything to go by.

Bazzas right boot

Cathro says work in progress, well if this is progress then it's gonna take one hell of a time if these results are anything to go by.

Acorns, the oak tree is coming!

I'm a sway voter now.

Big test coming up on Wed for Cathro. A St Johnstone team in disarray without a couple of key players.

The same guy who brought in Osman Sow !!!!!!  Need I say more. You win some you lose some.

Even when we were on top early part of the match you could tell that Smeltic were only in first gear and the consequences of moving up a gear or two with the quality they have proved too much for us to cope with, even had we scored first.

Stay

nothing to be gained or lost now, let him see the season out

Can we really afford to waste another season though with the possibility that this dreadful run of results continue under his guidance?

tolcross lad

I dont want Cathro or Levein involved in building a new team.Its a recipe for disaster which will set the club back many years.

I dont want Cathro or Levein involved in building a new team.Its a recipe for disaster which will set the club back many years.

Agree! But unless we find a manager/head coach that knows what he's doing what else can we do.

The results since he got the job match what comes out his gob in other words mince.

tolcross lad

The same guy who brought in Osman Sow !!!!!!  Need I say more. You win some you lose some.

You make it seem like a game of chance which it is under this current set up.We are losing.

Guest Paul Allen

Do folk reckon Alex Neil would be interested in the job? Could even keep Cathro on as a coach if Budge and co. deem it advantageous.

And write off another season after he inevitably gets sacked?

Giving him the summer just gives him time to do more damage.

Really? We are going to throw away european football because it starts too early???

Why would you think like that?

Levein, Cathro and our players are already throwing away European football FFS

You make it seem like a game of chance which it is under this current set up.We are losing.

True, and we can't afford to take chances, would anyone be really surprised if he were to get the chop, I don't think so.

Bazzas right boot

Completely disagree, we have progressed very well the past 3 years. Don't see how we've been "set back years".

Very dramatic.

We have stalled now, but I'm confident we'll get back on track.

The mgt change wasn't at a good time and we made too many changes. Most on here supported these changes. It hasn't worked, we go again, i have confidence they will get us back on the upward trend that we were on before January.

Archived