Poll - Should Cathro STAY or GO

queensferryjambo

Poll - Should Cathro STAY or GO  

1,409 members have voted

1. 1. Poll - Should Cathro STAY or GO

• We should have patience and he should STAY
    • This is a failed experiment he should GO

If Ian Cathro handles the dressing room the same way he handles a pre/post match press conference they must think wtf.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably goes against what most people think but I would give it time.Celtic are going to win this league for the foreseeable future.The guy must have something .sunday was a pisser but not unexpected.Ive calmed down now.Lets see what season brings.

The guy must have something

Why, because Levein rates him? Listened to Cathro on STV the night, hate when he keeps duplicating words in a sentence, but that's probably to give him time to garble more nonsense.

If he's the best that Hearts can come up with then their immediate future looks bleak.

Bazzas right boot

Why, because Levein rates him? Listened to Cathro on STV the night, hate when he keeps duplicating words in a sentence, but that's probably to give him time to garble more nonsense.

If he's the best that Hearts can come up with then their immediate future looks bleak.

Thier?

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Any appointment is a risk I agree.

The appointments we make are extra risky in that they'll never have been a head coach before. We don't know how they'll be able to handle a dressing room.

Robbie Neilson was as much of a risk as Ian Cathro and whoever replaced him would be just as risky.

That being the case we're as well sticking with Cathro in the short to medium term. I'd give him pre season and until Christmas and I hope he gets all the help he can.

Should his position be untenable then, Levein and Murray should leave with him.

Employing any head coach/manager has a great degree of risk. Most people have either got it or they haven't and Cathro doesn?t possess the interpersonal skills to pull it of no matter which way you dress it up.

Elias Henry Furst

Employing any head coach/manager has a great degree of risk. Most people have either got it or they haven't and Cathro doesn?t possess the interpersonal skills to pull it of no matter which way you dress it up.

I'm dressing nothing up.

If Cathro is sacked, Levein and Murray should go with him.

Cathro has to go and Levein with him. Levein's ego is the problem. Cathro and Levein have convinced themselves they are innovators. The fancy wee drills that Cathro had when he was at Dundee Utd are fine for developing young players but it does not work for adults in Scottish football. I wouldn't be surprised if the players are only giving half measure at training now. But Levein will persist with this fool hardy strategy until forced out. But does Anne Budge have the courage to send Levein on his way ? I doubt it. 

only an opinion mate.Ive got no football background apart from watching from the terracings .

Cathro has to go and Levein with him. Levein's ego is the problem. Cathro and Levein have convinced themselves they are innovators. The fancy wee drills that Cathro had when he was at Dundee Utd are fine for developing young players but it does not work for adults in Scottish football. I wouldn't be surprised if the players are only giving half measure at training now. But Levein will persist with this fool hardy strategy until forced out. But does Anne Budge have the courage to send Levein on his way ? I doubt it.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I'm dressing nothing up.

If Cathro is sacked, Levein and Murray should go with him.

Still mystified why Levein should go after one bad appointment.

I agree about Murray although you're not going to see how good these players actually are unless we see them under a competent coach.

Still mystified why Levein should go after one bad appointment.

I agree about Murray although you're not going to see how good these players actually are unless we see them under a competent coach.

It's not just about Cathro's appointment. Levein is "DoF", he does other stuff, like shoves Robbie out, bins a bunch of players that were doing a job to be replaced by a bunch of players that can't (or won't) do a job. 

Bazzas right boot

What are you trying to say?

Nowt, just strange to call Hearts Thier!

I call us Hearts or us. I'm bored.

Nowt, just strange to call Hearts Thier!

I call us Hearts or us. I'm bored.

Weird.

If that's all you need to worry about.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

It's not just about Cathro's appointment. Levein is "DoF", he does other stuff, like shoves Robbie out, bins a bunch of players that were doing a job to be replaced by a bunch of players that can't (or won't) do a job.

He's been far from perfect you won't get an argument from me. Still too early to rip it all up. If Neilson stayed or we employed someone that's actually capable of doing their job we probably wouldn't be having this conversation.

Bazzas right boot

Weird.

If that's all you need to worry about.

Worried is bit strong, so is surprised. Noticed would be the word i would use.

Worried is bit strong, so is surprised. Noticed would be the word i would use.

Are you alright?

waynefozzie

Would be good to hear the thoughts of dustybin and OFhater. What do you guys think about things?

Do folk think if cathro was booted we would get a manager of any stock to agree to work under levein??

100% backing for Cathro exciting times ahead recruitment will be crucial but optimistic

Dinosaur coaches such as Hartley (ask Dundee fans) Presley who has failed in the majority of his managerial career not for Hearts.

Jesus. Absolutely baffling.

I've no faith in those at the club who are responsible for recruitment. The past two season have demonstrated their failures. These  same people will now be charged with HMFC building a fourth team in two years from scratch for next season. Cathro , whatever his failings, isn't accountable for their inadequacies. Cathro's biggest failure has been his naivety in not looking at those failings before joining the club. I have serious concerns about how he was appointed and no faith that the same situation will not happen again - CLs word cannot be taken as gospel any longer.

Cathro will (rightly) be given more time. CL will make this happen because it's his credibility that is on the line.

If Cathro fails next season then CL is in an untenable position. And by next season , I'm thinking 6 moths from now. It's unthinkable that the club can continue to slide like it has this season. 

Buffalo Bill

Encouraging to see so many people willing to give Cathro time to get things right.

Personally, I think he needs to be given a summer transfer window and then time to bed the team in as next season progresses.

If we're still struggling around Nov/Dec then that for me is the time to start asking questions.

I think his coaching and man-management is good. So it all comes down to recruitment. We need to recruit well in the summer.

RobbofordGHC

Baffling to see so many people not waking up to the fact he is so clearly out his depth.

Give him the summer transfer window and wait till December to see how it's going and we can write another season off.

His coaching and man management have proved to be at best completely questionable, players seem baffled as to what they are being asked to do.

No point in changing now, but if he can't motivate the players to fight for fourth place he should go at the end of the season and give the recruitment over to someone new.

Would be good to hear the thoughts of dustybin and OFhater. What do you guys think about things?

I must admit it's a difficult one for us to judge, I'm not comfortable with him to be honest, but all it needs is wins starting with tonight to help move us up the table, this will inturn give not only the players confidence but Cathro too, if we lose again tonight then the nail will be further in the coffin.

Let's hope the players get behind the manager because if we do lose again then it would show that they too have lost faith in the gaffer.

A win is a must tonight if not only for the fans but also for Ian.

Do folk think if cathro was booted we would get a manager of any stock to agree to work under levein??

I'd like to think so.

Well I, for one expected a guy who'd never managed a club before, or really worked in Scotland to win every game, hit the ground running, be awesome at press conferences and dress like a Gucci model.

I have my doubts and I do sometimes wish he'd just not say anything but there is a part of me that feels sorry for him. The "establishment" don't want him to succeed. The team are inconsistent to say the least. He's had more than his fair share of injuries to deal with. 

I'm straying from the back him to not so sure category but he needs more time and the window IMO

Cut The Crap

Well I, for one expected a guy who'd never managed a club before, or really worked in Scotland to win every game, hit the ground running, be awesome at press conferences and dress like a Gucci model.

I have my doubts and I do sometimes wish he'd just not say anything but there is a part of me that feels sorry for him. The "establishment" don't want him to succeed. The team are inconsistent to say the least. He's had more than his fair share of injuries to deal with. 

I'm straying from the back him to not so sure category but he needs more time and the window IMO

Sadly, we chased that guy away.

Baffling to see so many people not waking up to the fact he is so clearly out his depth.

Give him the summer transfer window and wait till December to see how it's going and we can write another season off.

His coaching and man management have proved to be at best completely questionable, players seem baffled as to what they are being asked to do.

No point in changing now, but if he can't motivate the players to fight for fourth place he should go at the end of the season and give the recruitment over to someone new.

100% with you on this one. I think the wider Hearts community opinions differ from Kickback. Possibly due to the demographics of kickback. But nothing to back this up other than own conversations with fellow Jambo's.

Stephen Muddie

I'm not voting because it's likely to be an unrealistic percentage given the date of the OP. No point adding to the insanity.

I reckon though that if a new thread with a vote appeared today with all memory of this one wiped, it'd be closer to 50/50 I guess.

Right now I still think there's no point in sacking him. It pains me to say it but he'll get the start of next season. The way I'm feeling at the moment I'm hoping this somehow turns around within the current structure but realistically if this crap continues into next season then Levein and of course Cathro needs to go. He's already got a lot of making up to do, and I don't mean verbally like his team loves to do.

Remember his initial interviews where he chatted about creating a team with a winning mentality and never give up attitude.

Branski1874

Needs to go as does Levein. Said it before and hoped to be proved wrong but this can't continue, 2nd at the start of his tenure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Less and less intelligent people on Kickback with every click on go.

Join the low IQ club. :sob:

Needs to go as does Levein. Said it before and hoped to be proved wrong but this can't continue, 2nd at the start of his tenure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And there were folk desperate for Neilson to go.

Ferryjambo99

I'm an eternal optimist and usually very patient but this is getting ridiculous. There's not improvement, it's getting worse, hopefully some will appreciate how good a job Robbie was doing with us

Changed my vote after tonight's defeat. However I'm not sure who'd take his place at this point of the season. We'd end up with some other failure and be no further forward.

kingantti1874

Changed my vote after tonight's defeat. However I'm not sure who'd take his place at this point of the season. We'd end up with some other failure and be no further forward.

Out of our league I think but Alex Neil would be # 1 choice .. after that I dunno..

Gordon Ramsay

Remember his initial interviews where he chatted about creating a team with a winning mentality and never give up attitude.

We have literally become the exact opposite of the pish he waffled when he got the job.

Guest jonesy

It was nice while it lasted, wasn't it.

Move along Ian, time for the grown-ups to play.

It was nice while it lasted, wasn't it.

Move along Ian, time for the grown-ups to play.

Probably the highlight of his career

500ClubCraig

I said months ago to those wanting RN out be careful what you wish for. Not saying things were perfect but considering where we had come from they were certainly going in the right direction.

For me I've seen enough of this new Management Team to conclude enough is enough, dreaded going on Sunday and sat through the last hour of that abject display wondering what more enjoyable things I could be doing with my time!

Have three season tickets to renew and already youngest son is questioning where he wants to bother.

Time for change and look for an up and coming proper Manager. Fortunately half the team he inherits are out of contract in the summer, shame that most of the other half aren't.

3 and a half year deal Cathro was given. You would have thought Levein would have learnt his lesson with the number of long contracts he has dished out to dud players.

Was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt however having witnessed that shambles tonight it's a GO from me taking mr levein him-an absolute shambles-no other way to describe it.

Mars plastic

Sadly, we chased that guy away.

Neilson was a complete scruff. If I turned up for work looking like I had been out in the piss and had slept on my mates couch the night before I'd be expected to be told to go home.

He also came accross as aloof and arrogant in his press conferences and without a shred of humility.

Archived