Poll - Should Cathro STAY or GO

queensferryjambo

Poll - Should Cathro STAY or GO  

1,409 members have voted

1. 1. Poll - Should Cathro STAY or GO

• We should have patience and he should STAY
    • This is a failed experiment he should GO

Bowmans_Boot

Agreed. If we want to achieve something better than ordinary then we need to try something different, and in trying something different you're bound to hit bumps in the road. The road less travelled, I suppose.

It might not work, but you won't know unless you give it a go....and the risk is worth taking if it perhaps means giving ourselves a platform to achieve more in future.

There's lots of factors at play at the moment and to me it's not a clear and simple case of Cathro being the problem, so I'll not be calling for his head anytime soon. He needs to be given a proper chance, same as any other manager or coach. He still has my support. I just hope to god that things improve and improve soon.

Excellent post.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hibsarepants

Good god over 70% think we should wait !

We have literally asked a boy to do a mans job (METAPHORICALLY SPEAKING) , its not going to work.

My contacts in football say he is  a good coach / analyst but never a manager.

I would have no problem with him as a coach but we need a Houston or a Pressley in that dressing room. This is Hearts not some second division part time club where you could experiment. This experiment is not working and I cant see it changing given the dynamics / people involved. I would love for it work and supported the appointment but you have to say can we get this to work given the experience to date ?  

We have literally asked a boy to do a mans job (METAPHORICALLY SPEAKING) , its not going to work.

I would have no problem with him as a coach but we need a Houston or a Pressley in that dressing room. This is Hearts not some second division part time club where you could experiment. This experiment is not working and I cant see it changing given the dynamics / people involved. I would love for it work and supported the appointment but you have to say can we get this to work given the experience to date ?  

Well that's that then!

Most of history's important discoveries have came through experimentation. Most made mistakes but thankfully persisted in their endeavour & personal belief that what they were attempting would eventually succeed.

Cathro may be seen as an experiment, which could fail, or be a success. When you implement such a radical change in philosophy against more tried & tested methods you have to be more patient.

I so want it to work, not only so we can stick the middle finger up at those ex pros & media fuds, but more so because it might be the making of us for a long time to come.

If this was either of the OF trying this, they would be seen as pioneers or world leaders in their field.

Agreed. If we want to achieve something better than ordinary then we need to try something different, and in trying something different you're bound to hit bumps in the road. The road less travelled, I suppose.

It might not work, but you won't know unless you give it a go....and the risk is worth taking if it perhaps means giving ourselves a platform to achieve more in future.

There's lots of factors at play at the moment and to me it's not a clear and simple case of Cathro being the problem, so I'll not be calling for his head anytime soon. He needs to be given a proper chance, same as any other manager or coach. He still has my support. I just hope to god that things improve and improve soon.

Reason, patience and balance.  WTF is happening to JKB  :laugh4:

I'm on your bus(es)

Watt-Zeefuik

I'm back onto "stay" and off "leave" for the simple reason that it's too late to do any good.

I thought a major goal of this season should be to finish above Rangers as a statement of intent.  Six weeks ago if we'd fired Cathro and brought in a steady hand we might have still managed that.  I can't see any way that's going to happen now.

Might as well let him see out the season and evaluate then.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

More than Cathro, more than Levein, the biggest problem by a mile right now is the shambolic recruitment of hopeless players. The chief scout should have the squeakiest bumhole at Tynie.

Certainly suggests your thoughts and views are in the minority. Time for a rethink?

Certainly suggests your thoughts and views are in the minority. Time for a rethink?

Just because your opinion is shared by a minority, doesn't mean the majority are correct.

The Old Tolbooth

It's pointless unless he takes Levein with him, because it doesn't matter who's in charge as long as Levein has a hand up a puppets arse!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

What part of Cathro's tenure do you draw your opinion from? Genuinely interested. We leave ourselves exposed in defence most games and still don't seem to be able to bring link up with our strikers making us not only easy to cut open but also not any better in attack. ( :cornette: ) as our strikers spend most of the time isolated and frustrated.

He can't set out a team. He turns matches in the oppositions favour (Partick Dundee.) His own players giving him death stares and blanking him. His unwillingness to change. His use of the English language. (I can post examples) Identifying Maulary Martin. Need I go on?

It's completely nonsensical to believe he's going to turn thing around as it's blatantly obvious he's not capable as of this moment in time.

The only ones being unreasonable are the ones who are too stubborn to admit they were wrong.

100% backing for Cathro exciting times ahead recruitment will be crucial but optimistic

Dinosaur coaches such as Hartley (ask Dundee fans) Presley who has failed in the majority of his managerial career not for Hearts.

queensferryjambo

This pool is wrong, because it started during better times, comparing to present ...

Anyone can change their vote at any time - just click 'Delete My Vote' and then vote again.

So polls on kickback should always be current opinion.

Oh and it didn't start during better times I started the poll during a kickback 'Cathro Out' meltdown day. I started it quite intentionally to get the true feeling of the forum as at one point every thread was being bombarded by the same posters posting the same stuff. 

More than Cathro, more than Levein, the biggest problem by a mile right now is the shambolic recruitment of hopeless players. The chief scout should have the squeakiest

bumhole at Tynie.

Totally agree with this

waynefozzie

Anyone can change their vote at any time - just click 'Delete My Vote' and then vote again.

So polls on kickback should always be current opinion.

Oh and it didn't start during better times I started the poll during a kickback 'Cathro Out' meltdown day. I started it quite intentionally to get the true feeling of the forum as at one point every thread was being bombarded by the same posters posting the same stuff.

Aye, reading Kickback it seems our support is comprised entirely of slightly unhinged angry men who haven't left the house in days. Then you realise that it's just the same few people posting the same stuff again and again. The poll gives a much more accurate impression of site users' feelings: sure there are people who want Cathro out, but they are a small, albeit noisy, internet minority.

Aye, reading Kickback it seems our support is comprised entirely of slightly unhinged angry men who haven't left the house in days. Then you realise that it's just the same few people posting the same stuff again and again. The poll gives a much more accurate impression of site users' feelings: sure there are people who want Cathro out, but they are a small, albeit noisy, internet minority.

I think that's the case with most threads

going by the amount of responses anyone would think JKB was infested with right wing hot headed reactionaries. Then when a poll is taken common sense prevails.

As for Cathro I would be prepared to wait till the end if the season if it wasn't for the absolute shambles he made of the last transfer window. We can't afford a repeat in the summer window.

I also agree with the points made about whoever is running the scouting operations needs despatched urgently.

Which begs the question did Cathro actually ask for these particular players or does he ask for a type of player and the DOF or Scout decide on the actual player ?

Harry Potter

Aye and right enough we are playing great football, leave the house, i was lucky to be working on sunday and left the house for that, anyway you keep keeping the faith.

See you at Perth the morn, might leave the house for that.

Bazzas right boot

Yip, either that or we are happy with winning a cup on average every 15 years.

We will be on a great position, very soon.

Too many changes in January, which most of the current out brigade supported has failed.

We do need to re visit recruitment and it has to be successful this summer, but I'm confident. It's bordering on a disgrace that this season has bottomed out so dramatically( however not a surprise giving the upheaval in December) but I'm confident of a good summer, and what will be a new team next season I'm looking forward to it, but we must improve on recruitment and for Cathro he could do with a few wins and we need a good start next season.

Bazzas right boot

More than Cathro, more than Levein, the biggest problem by a mile right now is the shambolic recruitment of hopeless players. The chief scout should have the squeakiest bumhole at Tynie.

Lol

Yip and tbh the gamble on players in December failed.

We need more players that know British football and cool the jets on the changes, after this window.

We need quality players of that there is no doubt but Cathro isn't the man to take this club forward, and unfortunately it's our club that is being used as the guinea pig.

It's no sheer coincidence that the crap he talks is the same as his team are playing.

rudi must stay

Whole club just feels flat and I don't think he has the personality to turn it around. But I do think he will be a good manager somewhere

Whole club just feels flat and I don't think he has the personality to turn it around. But I do think he will be a good manager somewhere

Pub team sometime perhaps.

Go. The social experiment has failed. He should have been brought in as asst coach initially. I don't share the hope for next season like I did with Neilson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go. The social experiment has failed. He should have been brought in as asst coach initially. I don't share the hope for next season like I did with Neilson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A fault by Craig Levein

John Findlay

Whether others want to agree or not. He had a hard act to follow. I have voted stay. As I believe we will see a different hearts next season. There will be a lot of hard work done in the close season.

I believe we will see a different hearts next season.

This is a priority.

Auld Reekin'

:mw_rolleyes:

We use this word 'experiment' a lot, and I get that (though isn't every new appointment an experiment to a certain degree?).  At the moment, the evidence is that 'things aren't working'.  A lot of people are taking that as meaning 'things will never work'.  Well, the thing with experiments is that you try something, and if it doesn't work straight away, you analyse the results and then change the conditions.  I believe the conditions - the players - will be changed in the summer, and my totally uninformed expectation is that the new players will be more suited to what we need to make this experiment work.

A new coaching team would mean the start of a new experiment.  Painful as it might be in the meantime, I'd rather we gave the current one a chance to work.

Bungalow Bill

Why did so many people on this forum want Cathro in the first place?

Also, I've heard by an 'alleged in the know' person that Cathro has 6 games next season to improve or he's out. Hardly an exclusive as I think given his start so far, 6 games into next season is more than enough time to expect to see progress.

Captain America

Also, I've heard by an 'alleged in the know' person that Cathro has 6 games next season to improve or he's out. Hardly an exclusive as I think given his start so far, 6 games into next season is more than enough time to expect to see progress.

Is that irrespective of results for rest of this season? 

6 games, so if things don't improve we could be languishing in the lower half of the league and then you've got to remember it'll take time for a new guy to come in, so going for that option whether it's true or not would make our season to come even more difficult.

By then the damage will have been done as he will have signed players.

To me the decision HAS to be made at the end of the season to give a new guy the funds to bring in the players HE wants.

If CL would lower any ego that he thinks he has and if he cares for the club like he says he does he should now hold up his hand and accept he made the wrong move.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

How many poster have said 'I just feel' 'I just know' 'everything will be amazing'

Based on nothing get a grip. Shan chat that adds nothing.

Funny how the word experiment is being used since Cathro took the role, we're not a club for this, we're a club to win things surely, and with the new stand being built what we don't need is a clown inept head coach.

If you know football, and i would believe Levein does, why would you tell Cathro he has the first 6 games next season to prove he can win games.

A good judge of the game would know now if Cathro is up to doing the job. Now is the time to twist or stick.

Me ? i'd twist and bring in Alex Neil.

6 games, so if things don't improve we could be languishing in the lower half of the league and then you've got to remember it'll take time for a new guy to come in, so going for that option whether it's true or not would make our season to come even more difficult.

Out of interest, how much time would you give the new guy, say compared to the current new guy?

Elias Henry Furst

He should stay.

He's by all accounts an excellent coach and should he leave I doubt we'd get a better one.

It isn't a question of individuals, replacing one rookie coach with another will always be risky.

The question of whether we should persevere with this model is something else entirely though, and right now if I was offered the option of replacing CL/IC with an Alex Neil I know how I'd vote.

He should stay.

He's by all accounts an excellent coach and should he leave I doubt we'd get a better one.

It isn't a question of individuals, replacing one rookie coach with another will always be risky.

The question of whether we should persevere with this model is something else entirely though, and right now if I was offered the option of replacing CL/IC with an Alex Neil I know how I'd vote.

So going by your first line I take it you would go for a status quo?

Elias Henry Furst

So going by your first line I take it you would go for a status quo?

I'd rather we employed an experienced manager and done away with the dof/young coach model.

I don't think that's happening anytime soon so I see little point in replacing Cathro with another young coach.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I'd rather we employed an experienced manager and done away with the dof/young coach model.

I don't think that's happening anytime soon so I see little point in replacing Cathro with another young coach.

Why? Robbie Neilson is a young coach and he done an excellent job. The model can work. It's Cathro that isn't suited to the role. We have an example of it working and that's a fact.

Elias Henry Furst

Why? Robbie Neilson is a young coach and he done an excellent job. The model can work. It's Cathro that isn't suited to the role. We have an example of it working and that's a fact.

Any appointment is a risk I agree.

The appointments we make are extra risky in that they'll never have been a head coach before. We don't know how they'll be able to handle a dressing room.

Robbie Neilson was as much of a risk as Ian Cathro and whoever replaced him would be just as risky.

That being the case we're as well sticking with Cathro in the short to medium term. I'd give him pre season and until Christmas and I hope he gets all the help he can.

Should his position be untenable then, Levein and Murray should leave with him.

the big show

WE also had a example on how to be dreadful away from home and gutless in cup competitions and absolutely dire in Europe , I Know some would call that progress ... however when Cathro came in he showed exactly what he thought about Robbies squad , take your pick but ignoring the bigger picture and all of the facts won't wash with everyone and the discontent has been there under Robbies reign its just been upped a notch under Cathros .

Archived