Too many foreigners and temporary contracts

Dr. Bapswent

The foreigner chat is a diversion. It's more to do with the random, seemingly out of nowhere punts we keep gambling on.

Oshaniwa should have been a red line for Budge. That should have rung an alarm bell as a deal which brought in an unknown who turned out to be laughably bad. Since then we've had others and it's fair to criticise he policy.

No-one at Leeds has a problem with foreigners. Skacel is one of our biggest legends FFS. The issue is with shite nobodies who keep on arriving

This is where I'm at. It's also to do with the fact that we keep gambling on new signings who're supposedly technically better than the guy they're replacing.

I actually think our recruitment started off quite well, but it's got steadily worse and the constant changing of personnel is wrecking any attempt at building a cohesive team. Take left back for example:

Summer 2014: not totally convinced by this McHattie kid. Let's sign Eckersley.

Summer 2015: Eckersley seems a bit injury-prone, but there's this Nigerian guy who played at the World Cup. What a coup!

Summer 2016: ah well. There's a right-footed boy in Belgium who looks decent. Scored a worldie on Youtube.

Winter 2017: Ian wants a left-footed left-back. What about that guy that just left Hamilton?

The same is true of the holding midfielder role, which for me is just about the most important one in the whole team.

Replace Gomis with Pallardo because Pallardo had a better pedigree. But Pallardo wasn't up to the pace of the SPL so let's sign Kitchen. But Kitchen can't really pass a ball forwards so let's sign Tziolis.

I actually like Tziolis, but it's exhausting just keeping up with it. We're constantly taking punts on unknown players, often to replace senior players within the team, and it's generally not working out. Meanwhile if Morgaro Gomis was still playing for us I don't think we'd be that far behind where we currently are.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

"This group just needs time..." you can't possibly say that with any certainty. The evidence of previous gluts of signings like the one we saw in January is that most aren't good enough. Why should this be different?

I think anyone looking at this situation objectively can say that with absolute certainty. All signings at this level come with risk attached, and if you're to properly assess whether or not a player is good enough you need to give them time to adapt to the Scottish game/get fit/settle in a new country. As shown with our recruitment since admin and Levein coming in, the majority of our signings since exiting admin have been successes, which very few clubs in this league will be able to say over the same time period.

Just close minded and ignorant, and frankly embarrassing. The players on the park being foreign had nothing to do with the performance, the lack of heart and desire is. Cheers.

Like it or not the reason we lost the derby was because we had a freshman in the dugout and too many foreigners on the park.

I was at a funeral today. The weather was shite and the minister got a lot of details wrong... there were a few people who weren't Scottish in the chapel service though... I think their lack of emotional attachment to a cremation in Scotland caused it all.

That's why we pay a dof and a manager, there are worse teams out there who can lift themselves for a big game, hibs being one of them.

It's definitely part of their job, but most successful teams at any level will have a couple of constant presences over a period of time. Irrespective of nationality. We really do not have that right now. If Jamie Walker and Jack Hamilton are the elder statesmen, we're in a bit of trouble. The strategy is not working.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Like it or not the reason we lost the derby was because we had a freshman in the dugout and too many foreigners on the park.

Concerning the inexperienced manager, agree

Concerning too many foreigners, you're embarrassing yourself

It's definitely part of their job, but most successful teams at any level will have a couple of constant presences over a period of time. Irrespective of nationality. We really do not have that right now. If Jamie Walker and Jack Hamilton are the elder statesmen, we're in a bit of trouble. The strategy is not working.

Hamilton isn't good enough.

Walker needs to be subbed in a game, he's not going to run a game like you'd want from that style of player.

It's outstanding to watch the parallels between modern right wing politics and the filtered through football version.

Things are going well: Glad we had those talented foreign mavericks to make a difference.

Things aren't going well: Those bloody wage thieving foreigners don't care enough to put in a decent shift.

Away and have a look at yourselves you utter cretins! :rofl:

I was at a funeral today. The weather was shite and the minister got a lot of details wrong... there were a few people who weren't Scottish in the chapel service though... I think their lack of emotional attachment to a cremation in Scotland caused it all. 

You couldn't make this up. Some people need to get into the 21st century. Probably the same people who were cheering Rudi Skacel at Raith. The thing is they don't even see the irony themselves  :cornette:

Against motherwell and rangers we had 8 of the 11 starting lineup as foreigners. We won 4-1 and 3-0

Hamilton isn't good enough.

Walker needs to be subbed in a game, he's not going to run a game like you'd want from that style of player.

I agree on both counts. But of the team that played last night, they're the ones with the most experience of Edinburgh derbies (I've already said on another thread that I don't think you can lift experience of other derbies - the theory's the same but the application's different).

I really do not care where our players come from, but every successful team needs a solid spine to give it an identity and you can't perform surgery on that spine every few months. We jettison players way too quickly and it affects us in big games. A new coach is a mitigating factor to some degree, but the managerial structure was put in place to provide continuity and it's not doing that.

Oh how we missed a bit of Don Cowie's fight and energy last night. He isn't everyone's cup of tea but at least he would have been up for it. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Oh how we missed a bit of Don Cowie's fight and energy last night. He isn't everyone's cup of tea but at least he would have been up for it.

Would have made no difference. He's bang average too

Thought Police

Martin is the only one who has come out and apologised. Not seen any of the good Scottish boys doing that.

It's outstanding to watch the parallels between modern right wing politics and the filtered through football version.

Things are going well: Glad we had those talented foreign mavericks to make a difference.

Things aren't going well: Those bloody wage thieving foreigners don't care enough to put in a decent shift.

Away and have a look at yourselves you utter cretins! :rofl:

So you call people quote "absolute weapons and utter cretins" and yet you say have a look at yourselves. Perhaps you should have a look at yourself. You can make a point or argument but to say those things makes you no better than those you are slating.

The issue is not foreigners. The issue is that the foreigners have not been here long enough to a) adjust to the game and b - really appreciate Hearts and the fans. To be honest, that is why Kitchen and Walker dissapointed the most last night. Completely inexusable from Kitchen in particular who has been here long enough. Djoum I'll give a pass simply because he was being restricted by the role he was playing. 

The issue is not foreigners. The issue is that the foreigners have not been here long enough to a) adjust to the game B) really appreciate Hearts and the fans. To be honest, that is why Kitchen and Walker dissapointed the most last night. Completely inexusable from Kitchen in particular who has been here long enough. Djoum I'll give a pass simply because he was being restricted by the role he was playing. 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

So you call people quote "absolute weapons and utter cretins" and yet you say have a look at yourselves. Perhaps you should have a look at yourself. You can make a point or argument but to say those things makes you no better than those you are slating.

There's a subtle difference here: you can change being a walloper or a cretin, however these players can't change being from a different place.

Martin is the only one who has come out and apologised. Not seen any of the good Scottish boys doing that.

To be honest they can shove their ******* apologies where the sun don't shine. The last thing I want to hear from these charlatans is some illiterate musings about how ******* sorry they are for getting their arses handed to them by Hibs. If they cared that much they would have prepared properly and shown a professional desire that was lacking from every player who started that match last night. They have disgraced themselves, us the support and the club and many of them are finished at Hearts. Reading some banal excuses from these overpaid and pampered huddies is only going to create further ill feeling.

Thought Police

To be honest they can shove their ******* apologies where the sun don't shine. The last thing I want to hear from these charlatans is some illiterate musings about how ******* sorry they are for getting their arises handed to them by Hibs. If they cared that much they would have prepared properly and shown a professional desire that was lacking from every player who started that match last night. They have disgraced themselves, us the support and the club and many of them are finished at Hearts. Reading some banal excuses from these overpaid and pampered huddies is only going to create further ill feeling.

I agree.

Just pointing out that everyone is hiding.

Guest Paul Allen

SHIT THE BED!

Don't post facts like that mate... you'll be lynched.

Posted on another thread and will post it here. We start more Scottish players than most including Aberdeen 2d9b2618fbce1fb390619938dc1cd982.jpg

British players not Scottish ones. [edited - apologies for harsh language].

A huge number of posts on this forum are raging beacons of arseholery. I stand by every word.

Against motherwell and rangers we had 8 of the 11 starting lineup as foreigners. We won 4-1 and 3-0

You are being selective  - great.  Can we have the full stats of all games now please?

I don't give  a fiddlers where someone is from, what sky fairy they bow to or what colour their skin is.  I want players who will fight for Hearts of Midlothian in a derby for starters and foreigners tend to not know what it is about.  Take Perry Kitchen - an absolute imposter.

You are being selective - great. Can we have the full stats of all games now please?

I don't give a fiddlers where someone is from, what sky fairy they bow to or what colour their skin is. I want players who will fight for Hearts of Midlothian in a derby for starters and foreigners tend to not know what it is about. Take Perry Kitchen - an absolute imposter.

Like blaming "foreigners" for only our defeats is not being "selective"? Have a word with yourself I8, you're better than that. :rofl:

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

You are being selective - great. Can we have the full stats of all games now please?

I don't give a fiddlers where someone is from, what sky fairy they bow to or what colour their skin is. I want players who will fight for Hearts of Midlothian in a derby for starters and foreigners tend to not know what it is about. Take Perry Kitchen - an absolute imposter.

'I dont care where someone is from, but foreigners don't fight for Hearts'

Thunderstruck

Overseas players have greatly added to my enjoyment of football over quite a number of years - players that have made a significant contribution to Hearts over these years and had a major hand in the trophies won in recent years.

I don't recall this site being in a froth about "bloody foreigners" on 20th May 2012 but I may have missed the condemnation of Sir Rudi Skacel for only scoring two goals the previous day.

"Foreigner" chat is inexcusable but understandable among the poorly educated such as those that penned the "Refugee" song - have some Hearts fans stooped to that level.

Couldn't disagree more. Look at Hibs, Aberdeen and even St Johnstone's squads, hardly a single a overseas player. Guys like McInnes and Tommy Wright wouldn't touch mercenaries like Juanma and Martin with a bargepole.

The odd gem like Sow fair enough, but you need a Scottish/British core when you're shopping at our bargain basement level.

We'll said.

I looked at 6 of cathro's games earlier, those 2 were the only ones with 8. Games away to celtic and rangers both had 6 Scottish players starting and both were defeats

MacDonald Jardine

Overseas players have greatly added to my enjoyment of football over quite a number of years - players that have made a significant contribution to Hearts over these years and had a major hand in the trophies won in recent years.

I don't recall this site being in a froth about "bloody foreigners" on 20th May 2012 but I may have missed the condemnation of Sir Rudi Skacel for only scoring two goals the previous day.

"Foreigner" chat is inexcusable but understandable among the poorly educated such as those that penned the "Refugee" song - have some Hearts fans stooped to that level.

Nobody other than the OP is in a froth about 'bloody foreigners " that I can see.

They are in a froth about players not fighting.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

9 out of 10 outfield players were foreign and frankly pretty much they were all shite. Stupid post to make a political point. Cowards and wage thieves. Or maybe our natural place is worse than a championship club in your opinion. Voted against Brexit but seeing the positives today.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

9 out of 10 outfield players were foreign and frankly pretty much they were all shite. Stupid post to make a political point. Cowards and wage thieves. Or maybe our natural place is worse than a championship club in your opinion. Voted against Brexit but seeing the positives today.

"stupid post to make a political point" 

*goes on to make a political point*

Interview with that rat Cummings in the paper " it's not a Hearts team that knows much about the Edinburgh derby". I'm sorry the facts don't meet your agenda.

NO. Too many no Hearts lads or Scots who understand the game here.   Well there will be more blood spilt

in that dressing room I tell you.

Bring back some Scots.,  BTW   - CAthro you are not wanted ., 

BTW  Calum Patterson - shutit. 

The foreigner chat is a diversion. It's more to do with the random, seemingly out of nowhere punts we keep gambling on.

It's also to do with the fact that we keep gambling on new signings who're supposedly technically better than the guy they're replacing.

I actually think our recruitment started off quite well, but it's got steadily worse and the constant changing of personnel is wrecking any attempt at building a cohesive team. Take left back for example:

Summer 2014: not totally convinced by this McHattie kid. Let's sign Eckersley.

Summer 2015: Eckersley seems a bit injury-prone, but there's this Nigerian guy who played at the World Cup. What a coup!

Summer 2016: ah well. There's a right-footed boy in Belgium who looks decent. Scored a worldie on Youtube.

Winter 2017: Ian wants a left-footed left-back. What about that guy that just left Hamilton?

The same is true of the holding midfielder role, which for me is just about the most important one in the whole team.

Replace Gomis with Pallardo because Pallardo had a better pedigree. But Pallardo wasn't up to the pace of the SPL so let's sign Kitchen. But Kitchen can't really pass a ball forwards so let's sign Tziolis.

I actually like Tziolis, but it's exhausting just keeping up with it. We're constantly taking punts on unknown players, often to replace senior players within the team, and it's generally not working out. Meanwhile if Morgaro Gomis was still playing for us I don't think we'd be that far behind where we currently are.

What these guys said.

Many of our problems come from the 'no loyalty in football' crap. We need players who play for us for more than a few months, care about the club, and invest in it emotionally. If they do that I don't care if they come from the ******* moon.

The foreigner stuff is just lazy xenophobia. We play lots of Scots, we play lots of shite Scots, we have signed lots of even shiter (and lazier) Scots, and many of our greatest players weren't Scots. But THE PROBLEM IS THE FOREIGNERS!!!!!

John mcCartney

some irony floating about re opening posters handle

5 goals in 23 games aint a goal machine chief ,your taking the piss out of a foreign player that played
for our favourite football club chief surely

shrapnel

I don't blame the foreigners. I blame the whole team. I don't actually care where players are from, as long as they are good enough.

To say it is racist to say we have too many who don't get the game is wrong though. The clubs itself not have said in the past that it can take time for a foreign player to adapt to our game, and other matter such as culture and climate, which can impact performance and understanding, often in defence of a player and his signing.

That said, that is not why we lost yesterday.

some irony floating about re opening posters handle

5 goals in 23 games aint a goal machine chief ,your taking the piss out of a foreign player that played

for our favourite football club chief surely

shrapnel

[/quot

Could be wrong but were three of the five not against Alloa

OP is having a laugh

Different games need different players and strategies. A sellout derby doesn't need mercenaries regardless of where they are from. We happened to select a lot of losers who didn't care and lost. And 9 of them were foreign so it's clearly a factor as we won derbies against better hibs teams with poorer quality scottish players.

But keep pushing your agenda

Geoff Kilpatrick

Our last captain to lift a trophy was a "Liff" (sic).

Key players in that Cup winning team included an Irishman, a Spaniard, an Australian and a few Englishmen. Dirty foreigners!

The foreigner thing is a nonsense .

Zaliukas Foreigner

McGowan Foreigner

Fyssas Foreigner

Brellier Foreigner

Adam Foreigner

Skacel Foreigner.

How many of the above would have accepted that last night? All foreigners and there'll be many more.

PeterintheRain

Just close minded and ignorant, and frankly embarrassing. The players on the park being foreign had nothing to do with the performance, the lack of heart and desire is. Cheers.

Still too many Yoonion, Yoonion men in our support.   They're too scared to admit that it's the number of darker skinned players that they hate not just the numbers from outside Scotland.

PeterintheRain

They're a point behind us in the league with a fraction of our wage bill. Wright was linked with the Rangers job so I think would agree he's built a reasonably solid team on a shoestring budget.

They're a point behind us because Jamie Walker can't take a proper penalty.  Avoid the ridiculous collapse against scumdee and we'd be 8 clear.

Geoff Kilpatrick

They're a point behind us because Jamie Walker can't take a proper penalty. Avoid the ridiculous collapse against scumdee and we'd be 8 clear.

Cool. We'll create our own table like Vlad did.

:vrface:

PeterintheRain

Don't think British players would have accepted being bullied last night, they'd know what it meant. Cummings saying they knew they'd win when they seen team sheet speaks volumes.

Cummings talking shite after the event doesn't prove anything.  Apart from him being a moron. But we knew that already.  Their team is full of crap.  Their manager is a turd and their fans are just mini-celtic wannabees.    They can fluke a result now and again but why are they spending 3 years out of the top division if they're such a perfect squad?

Lucille's Thirsty

Maybe it's the manager that has this shitebag mentality?

Robbie and Cathro are hardly Lennon are they in terms of getting the players fired up.

I'm never more devastated about not wanting to join in a discussion, than when my contribution would be backing up Jeffry.

:(

Archived