Too many foreigners and temporary contracts

Dr. Bapswent

I dont doubt their ability and have no problems with players from foreign shores, but tonight I would have rather played 11 Scottish youth players who would have given anything to pull on the shirt. We many have lost by more than 3-1 but i doubt we would have been left feeling like they didnt at least give it everything they had.

I am not surprised so many of that starting 11 were left wanting, as they clearly have no apprecaition of how scottish football is played, and in particular a scottish derby, its not their style and not what they are used to.

Add to that the amount of 6 month contracts, of players who have simply been asked to fill a gap, then there is no chance they are going to be up for investing in fighting tooth and nail.

Problem is how you change that quickly?

If they arent invested then no matter how much you scream and shout, or are nice and persuasive.... if you dont get them to give a shit, they wont give you any fight.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah

Exactly what I've been saying on another thread

Too many average foreigners who could not care less about hearts and us fans

They are using us as a stepping stone to earn more money elsewhere

This time last year half of them had probably never heard of hearts

Gordon Ramsay

I dont doubt their ability and have no problems with players from foreign shores, but tonight I would have rather played 11 Scottish youth players who would have given anything to pull on the shirt. We many have lost by more than 3-1 but i doubt we would have been left feeling like they didnt at least give it everything they had.

I am not surprised so many of that starting 11 were left wanting, as they clearly have no apprecaition of how scottish football is played, and in particular a scottish derby, its not their style and not what they are used to.

Add to that the amount of 6 month contracts, of players who have simply been asked to fill a gap, then there is no chance they are going to be up for investing in fighting tooth and nail.

Problem is how you change that quickly?

If they arent invested then no matter how much you scream and shout, or are nice and persuasive.... if you dont get them to give a shit, they wont give you any fight.

Hibs didnt have 1 foreign player in their line up.

Says it all really.

Name some Scottish players that would improve us who we could reasonably sign? Talents not there or costs too much

Take your pick from the Hibs team?

They were the better 11 tonight.

Tziolis' fresh air swipe at the ball late in the game said it all for me. Imposter, just like that other clown Martin.

Have no issue with foreign players who are good enough. Get the balance right. We've tried to go for the quick option of signing too many. Doesn't work especially in Scotland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought Police

Can we also point out that our Scottish players don't really give a **** either?

No need to just pick on the foreigners.

Shooter McGavin

Theres talk a lot about the atmosphere at Tynecastle on matchdays, How the **** are you supposed to get enthused and excited enough to create an amazing atmosphere for a team of players who the majority don't even wan't to be playing for Hearts?

Honestly do yourself a favour and go to bed, angry head on

Feel free, I am capable of dealing with this without getting over emotional or having knee jerk reactions.

Jambof3tornado

Can we also point out that our Scottish players don't really give a **** either?

No need to just pick on the foreigners.

Yup. Doesnt matter where they are from.

Only Walker, Nicholson and Currie showed any passion and ability tonight. All 3 are Scottish. Coincidence?

Absolutely nailed on correct.. oh aye and the other 9 or 10 played for hibs. Buy British = success in this league..it's different from others faster pace harder tackles etc. No coincidence Aberdeen are doing so well too. Copy that model instead of this current shite and we will improve

Take your pick from the Hibs team?

They were the better 11 tonight.

I would take their keeper,gray, McGinn, shinnie, and Cummings, they are all mentally tougher and have a will to win which we just don't have.

Djoum can come out of Mcginns pocket any time he likes to see if he can get his big move. Utter shite performance again from a player who has played well 3 times only this season

Jambof3tornado

Only Walker, Nicholson and Currie showed any passion and ability tonight. All 3 are Scottish. Coincidence?

Walker???? Walker showed nothing tonight other than if its a battle of a match he knows how to hide beside his marker.

Offered nothing.

Currie was excellent and Sam is getting better with every minute on the park.

Thought Police

Not a coincidence. Untrue is the word you're looking for.

Too many foreigners: not necessarily. We've had loads of foreign players who get it. Some of the Scottish players don't. Best not to go down that road, really.

Too many short-term deals: absolutely. Half of them will be gone in a year and they don't give a shit either way. They're playing for money, exposure, and that's it.

The issue is not with foreigners.

The issue is with a collective bunch of players who think they are better than this club / the SPL.

I've no issue with foreigners coming in who want to play for hearts and accept the fact that this is the level they are at just now.

It's the dreamers who think they deserve better and who are here claiming a wage merely expecting a better offer to come in the post who I want rid of.

I remarked to my mates at the game that I thought it was quite telling that the two subs we made at HT were home grown players.

I actually take this as a (slightly) positive sign, it tells me Cathro could see what was wrong and that we needed players out there who understood what the derby was all about and would get stuck in.  Just a pity he didn't figure this out until we were 2-0 down.

Young Currie deserves the plaudits as I thought he showed exactly the attitude that was lacking in so many of the other players tonight.

It should have been ten

Yeah

Exactly what I've been saying on another thread

Too many average foreigners who could not care less about hearts and us fans

They are using us as a stepping stone to earn more money elsewhere

This time last year half of them had probably never heard of hearts

This

I remarked to my mates at the game that I thought it was quite telling that the two subs we made at HT were home grown players.

I actually take this as a (slightly) positive sign, it tells me Cathro could see what was wrong and that we needed players out there who understood what the derby was all about and would get stuck in. Just a pity he didn't figure this out until we were 2-0 down.

Young Currie deserves the plaudits as I thought he showed exactly the attitude that was lacking in so many of the other players tonight.

Should have started Nicholson, and the midfield missed Cowie and Buaben. While Prince isn't home grown, he knows what a derby means. Instead we were stuck with those 3 imposters in midfield.

Meanwhile on the Brexit page... shite is shite whether it's Scottish or not, our best home grown players have never stood up in any truly big game.

While you might "not win things with kids", you have a better chance than you do with mercenaries and trialists.

...a bit disco

While you might "not win things with kids", you have a better chance than you do with mercenaries and trialists.

Indeed.

Made a good fist of trying to stay up with a 15 pt. deficit with a team of kids, didn't we?

Swanson and Watt took the pish out of us , never gave a shite for the club .

Don't know why Cathro never gave Juanma a chance .

13 goals in half a season then unfortunately out for the rest of the season due to injury.

So, who's our top goal scorer so far ?

Rodger Mellie

Spot on.

I know it does happen in football but I'm actually getting sick of players just using us as a stepping stone for basically more money.

If these players were so great they wouldn't be at this level of football

It should have been ten

Hibs didnt have 1 foreign player in their line up.

Says it all really.

Apart from their Israeli keeper. Easy to forget though with him having feck all to do all night.

It should have been ten

I know it does happen in football but I'm actually getting sick of players just using us as a stepping stone for basically more money.

If these players were so great they wouldn't be at this level of football

Spot on, totally agree

It should have been ten

Swanson and Watt took the pish out of us , never gave a shite for the club .

Don't know why Cathro never gave Juanma a chance .

13 goals in half a season then unfortunately out for the rest of the season due to injury.

So, who's our top goal scorer so far ?

We're obviously missing Paterson for his goals

It should have been ten

I said back in January that this team has the feel of Fenlon's Hibs about it. Sadly I might have been right.

Feels like the big team is the wee team and the wee team is the big team

We struggled playing Raith over 2 legs so the result tonight didn't surprise me.

It shocked me. Hibs haven't beaten Raith in three attempts.

Feels like the big team is the wee team and the wee team is the big team

Don't think so.

Which team is still stuck in the chumps league?

It was mentioned tonight it smacks of the hobos team we pumped in final and its hard to argue. Players looked like they didnt care.

I said back in January that this team has the feel of Fenlon's Hibs about it. Sadly I might have been right.

Just as long as there's no Butchers collapse........

Nationality not to blame. Coaching, tactics and desire everything to blame.

Which you will struggle to get a return from if the players don't appreciate what they are getting into and don't give a monkeys.

Absolutely nailed on correct.. oh aye and the other 9 or 10 played for hibs. Buy British = success in this league..it's different from others faster pace harder tackles etc. No coincidence Aberdeen are doing so well too. Copy that model instead of this current shite and we will improve

Whilst you may have a point we beat Aberdeen to the signings of Sammon and Cowie. Both of whom have been an absolute rip roaring success.. 

I dont care about this foreigner thing. You play for someone who pays your god dam wages you give 100%. There are plenty people at the club who will educate these gutless clowns as in what a derby is about..martin should never wear the jersey again. .most of them shouldnt wear the jersey again. I would rather have 11 Hearts fans out there. Then i could accept defeat but to go out there and not fight is unforgiveable. Every one of them should be out in this weather this morning beinf absolutley roasted for that. Worrying and sad times

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bazzas right boot

Short contracts like loans will create this problem.

However, formation, team selection and set up have also been poor.

Throw this in, average journey men, short term contracts, massive personnel changes it really is a poor mix.

From what I watched, the players look lost, not to mention the fight and hunger, they looked a bit lost and confused.

maroonnicky63

I took pelters because I was one of the very few who said I thought we were signing to many foreigners, hearts are trying to get an immediate fix and I can understand that to a certain degree as fans will not want to wait for success.

I didn't see the need to drop young Liam Smith or not give Angus beith a shout I know they are young and would be inconsistent but IMO I would rather stick them in the team and let them progress as they should, young Beith hasn't had a chance at all with exception to a 15 min appearance against Celtic and I think that is purely because of his stature. The way it went last night shows that we will struggle to finish in the top four.

Seymour M Hersh

Should have started Nicholson, and the midfield missed Cowie and Buaben. While Prince isn't home grown, he knows what a derby means. Instead we were stuck with those 3 imposters in midfield.

That the same Nicholson who was totally AWOL in the first game? Neither him nor Walker are anywhere near consistent enough.

We have to stop changing almost the entire team around every season. Only walker and nicholson there from last year. There will be another complete squad change in the summer with all the short term signings we have. We have a team full of players who don't know what it's about to play for hearts as they've only been in the door 10 minutes.

Archived