Glentoran

JamboX2

Stephane Grappelli

There's been a more consistent connection between hearts and fruity campness recently. Some hate that.

Give me fruity campiness over the faux links to Northern Ireland any day.

I think one thing that we can all agree on though is that the sooner we have a united, 32 county Ireland governed solely by Dublin, the better. Surely nobody on this forum would dispute that,

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stephane Grappelli

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• jambo1961

I think one thing that we can all agree on though is that the sooner we have a united, 32 county Ireland governed solely by Dublin, the better. Surely nobody on this forum would dispute that,

Agree completely.

The English influence on the world has been overwhelmingly negative. :(

Away you go ya skelper.

Smacks of anti-democratic bigotry. Hilariously contradictory.

Edited by st1874

PhoenixHearts

Well said. Hearts is a non sectarian club and people of any nationality, and colour and any religion are welcome to support the club and play for the club. People who wish to tie us in to a fight/cause/war/struggle or whatever you want to call it, that belongs in the dark ages can go **** themselves.

So sad that you could almost guarantee that certain posters would appear on this thread. Hopefully, the future generations of supporters of Heart of Midlothian will wonder what all this was about because this type of stupidity, like a cancer, has to be removed and allowed to die out.

This. All day. Every day.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Away you go ya skelper.

:vrface:

Biting at an obvious troll.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

1.jpg

How ****ing tragically sad must your life be to go over to Northern Ireland to bang on a drum or play silly wee tune on a flute. :rofl:

Edited by OFhater

1.jpg

How ******* tragically sad must your life be to go over to Northern Ireland to bang on a drum or play silly wee tune on a flute. :rofl:

:rofl:

1.jpg

How ******* tragically sad must your life be to go over to Northern Ireland to bang on a drum or play silly wee tune on a flute. :rofl:

:gok:

Check out the nick of them! Absolutely weird saddos who really need to get a hobby.

The Real Maroonblood

:gok:

Check out the nick of them! Absolutely weird saddos who really need to get a hobby.

Masturbating would be a good starting point.

1.jpg

No, fair dues... nothing camp about that.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

No, fair dues... nothing camp about that.

You'd sooner catch me at a gay pride March wearing chaps with a butt plug hanging oot my arse than join the Heart of Midlothian flute band.

Wearing silly costumes is the least of their problems tbh.

:muggy:

Stephane Grappelli

Away you go ya skelper.

The irony.  The whole system there (political and otherwise) was designed to ensure that one side had prominence over another.  You need to brush up on your history my good man.

Democracy indeed!

Geoff Kilpatrick

The irony.  The whole system there (political and otherwise) was designed to ensure that one side had prominence over another.  You need to brush up on your history my good man.

Democracy indeed!

Emphasis on was.

Ever heard of the 1998 Belfast Agreement, approved by all of the people of Ireland?

Stephane Grappelli

Emphasis on was.

Ever heard of the 1998 Belfast Agreement, approved by all of the people of Ireland?

Funnily enough, yes, I have.  That certainly did attone for the political chicanery which brought NI into being and the decades of oppression suffered by one half of the community right enough...

You'd sooner catch me at a gay pride March wearing chaps with a butt plug hanging oot my arse than join the Heart of Midlothian flute band.

Wearing silly costumes is the least of their problems tbh.

:muggy:

Needs more feathers and tambourines imo.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Funnily enough, yes, I have.  That certainly did attone for the political chicanery which brought NI into being and the decades of oppression suffered by one half of the community right enough...

Political chicanery? If you wanted an even bigger Civil War than the one that hit the Irish Free State post the 1920 Government of Ireland Act then you would have had it.

Perhaps if Irish Home Rule had tried to be a little more inclusive rather than a solely Catholic affair as Daniel O'Connell espoused then the same spirit that radicalised Northern Presbyterians might, just might, have gone a different direction. Still, history is easy in hindsight.

As for "oppression", you might want to look at the Protestant population in the South pre-partition and now.

Stephane Grappelli

Political chicanery? If you wanted an even bigger Civil War than the one that hit the Irish Free State post the 1920 Government of Ireland Act then you would have had it.

Perhaps if Irish Home Rule had tried to be a little more inclusive rather than a solely Catholic affair as Daniel O'Connell espoused then the same spirit that radicalised Northern Presbyterians might, just might, have gone a different direction. Still, history is easy in hindsight.

As for "oppression", you might want to look at the Protestant population in the South pre-partition and now.

One thing though Geoff, earlier you said I was 'trolling' and told people not to 'bite', then you 'bit' yourself?  So which is it?  I think, in the words of the great Bucks Fizz "soon you will find that there comes a time, for making your mind up".

People need to be able to differentiate between someone who holds an opinion contrary to theirs and someone who is trolling.

One thing though Geoff, earlier you said I was 'trolling' and told people not to 'bite', then you 'bit' yourself? So which is it? I think, in the words of the great Bucks Fizz "soon you will find that there comes a time, for making your mind up".

People need to be able to differentiate between someone who holds an opinion contrary to theirs and someone who is trolling.

:)

Geoff Kilpatrick

One thing though Geoff, earlier you said I was 'trolling' and told people not to 'bite', then you 'bit' yourself? So which is it? I think, in the words of the great Bucks Fizz "soon you will find that there comes a time, for making your mind up".

The "we can all agree on" part was the obvious troll. I've no problem with you holding a contrary view but I will challenge you on a sweeping statement like you just aired.

Bridge of Djoum

Righto. You disagree so they must be thick.

Also interesting that the non bigots love a gay jibe.

On topic I first remember seeing Glentoran fans at Kilmarnock in the early 80s.

Linfield fans tend to support Rangers.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Didn't take you long eh!

Bridge of Djoum

1.jpg

And in the rain!

Bridge of Djoum

Enlighten me then Obi Wan, if it's because they are orange men you are biggest TOSSER here for judging them because they have different beliefs to yours.

I know a few Hearts fans who go across to Ireland 2-3 times a season for Glentoran games.

A look at their social media activity suggests they are very much into such lovely sentiments as ''1690'' ''FTP'' ''Gorgie Loyal'' with red hand of Ulster included.

These are same wee trumpets involved with the plane incident. I've no doubt you are friends with these guys too, judging by your posts here.

Going over to games is one thing, but the rest of the shite has absolutely **** all to do with Hearts. When you put our name on the same flag as a red hand, it's a ******* embarrassment and goes against the club and it's values.

MacDonald Jardine

Didn't take you long eh!

Just expressing an opinion.

I opened the thread because I take an interest in Glentoran.

I should have realised what an absolute cluster**** it would be.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

No, you're barking up the wrong tree on this one lad.  I can almost understand the divvies over there putting on their fancy dress and parading around making utter t!ts of themselves because they have been brought up with it and brainwashed by all that nonsense.  However, any Hearts fan from this side of the water who wants to go over to another country, dress up like Mr Ben and mince through the streets banging a big drum needs to have his head examined.

I am a Loyal Orange Man he said 

Edited by jambo1961

I was in the Linfield directors box a few times and they all presumed I would be a Rangers fan. When I said Hearts they said a lot of Glens fans have a soft spot for us. A lot also have a soft spot for Rangers, though, so it isnt clean cut.

:rofl:

Except that's incorrect. William of Orange's finest infantry unit was solely Catholic and he was also supported by the Pope.

Careful as to whom you deem ignorant.

The pope was keen to bring down Louis, so ...

Why do people go to the Catholic Church ?? with its background of abuse

Each to there own I say

Edited by jambo1961

Stephane Grappelli

Why do people go to the Catholic Church ?? with its background of abuse

Each to there own I say

Appalling spelling and atrocious grammar, the hallmark of the bigot. Get yourself to Ibrox mate, you have no place in 21st Century Scotland.

King Of The Cat Cafe

It is clear from remarks on this thread that a lot of posters are not impressed by the Loyalist/Orange traditions and rituals in Northern Ireland.

The irony is that many in that Loyalist/Orange tradition identify closely with Scotland and things Scottish. Many trace their roots to Scotish settlers from the 16th and 17th Century. They even have a "language" that is close to that Robbie Burns (and his generation) used.

We even have a poster on here now based in the Antipodes who would be referred to as 'Ballymena Scottish' if he opened his mouth in his native town. (Just joking if you are looking in.)

Appalling spelling and atrocious grammar, the hallmark of the bigot. Get yourself to Ibrox mate, you have no place in 21st Century Scotland.

Oh the spelling Police pops up  but my bank accounts tells me I',m loaded

You and the likes of you think the world evolves round your wind and pee and cant stomach anything that goes against the  grain  like yours

Away you go to Rome for a Nosh off a Professional Virgin that slavers shite  and allows hunger and poverty to rule  the roost ya clown

ORANGE-PARADE-GLASGOW-2014-DN-17.jpg

Why would you not want to be involved with something that looks this good?

See the manatee on the left? I'm more annoyed that he left the house wearing Matalan trackie-bottoms than the fact he is forcing his blubbery and angry naked midriff on us all.

The seethe is strong.

Correct but not from one side

I read the Bible and for the life of me have never ever read about the Pope in it

Why is that ??

Correct but not from one side

I read the Bible and for the life of me have never ever read about the Pope in it

Why is that ??

I really don't care. In my opinion, belief in a god is utterly bonkers. Catholic, Protestant, jew etc etc

All totally, completely bonkers.

I really don't care. In my opinion, belief in a god is utterly bonkers. Catholic, Protestant, jew etc etc

All totally, completely bonkers.

Fair play as I said each to there own

The OO seems fair game on here with vitriolic attacks yet I'd bet a pound to a penny that if you, me or anyone had a pop at other beliefs you would be shifted big time from here and quick style

The intolerance on here beggars belief and the irony being that those that have a pop are the biggest bigots because they cant handle an other side of things

Stephane Grappelli

Oh the spelling Police pops up but my bank accounts tells me I',m loaded

You and the likes of you think the world evolves round your wind and pee and cant stomach anything that goes against the grain like yours

Away you go to Rome for a Nosh off a Professional Virgin that slavers shite and allows hunger and poverty to rule the roost ya clown

You are a very strange man.

But you say you are loaded, therefore you must be loaded, so well done to you...

Ya complete and utter embarrassment that you are.