Glentoran

JamboX2

Watching Cliftonville v Glentoran on Sky Sports.

Behind the Glentoran goal is a Hearts badge. Anyone able to explain this? Never knew of a tie up with them.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stephane Grappelli

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• jambo1961

Behind the Glentoran goal is a Hearts badge. Anyone able to explain this? Never knew of a tie up with them.

where did andy kirk come from?

Andy Kirk was signed from Glentoran. Did we not bring in another young lad from Glentoran who never made the step up a few years later?

Edited by RS86

Because some of our own have been over a few times for games and also the marching season.

Andy Kirk was signed from Glentoran. Did we not bring in another young lad from Glentoran who never made the step up a few years later?

Conall Murtagh?

Was at the Linfield  pre  season Yrs ago Andy got it tight from the home fans.. great time all the same 

Upstairs was rocking with Hearts as you could watch the game from there

Edited by jambo1961

Conall Murtagh?

That's who I was thinking of!! Was absolutely doing my nut in as I couldn't remember and couldn't find anything on google. Turns out it wasn't Glentoran he was signed from though so I was way off with that one haha

Not an assumption, a fact.

Enlighten me then Obi Wan, if it's because they are orange men you are biggest TOSSER here for judging them because they have different beliefs to yours.

Knew a few Glens fans years ago,who used to come over to see the famous a few times a season,lost touch over the years,they got the Jambo bug,and were as passionate about Hearts as they were about Glens,no idea if it,s the same guys though.

Stephane Grappelli

Enlighten me then Obi Wan, if it's because they are orange men you are biggest TOSSER here for judging them because they have different beliefs to yours.

No, you're barking up the wrong tree on this one lad.  I can almost understand the divvies over there putting on their fancy dress and parading around making utter t!ts of themselves because they have been brought up with it and brainwashed by all that nonsense.  However, any Hearts fan from this side of the water who wants to go over to another country, dress up like Mr Ben and mince through the streets banging a big drum needs to have his head examined.

No, you're barking up the wrong tree on this one lad. I can almost understand the divvies over there putting on their fancy dress and parading around making utter t!ts of themselves because they have been brought up with it and brainwashed by all that nonsense. However, any Hearts fan from this side of the water who wants to go over to another country, dress up like Mr Ben and mince through the streets banging a big drum needs to have his head examined.

Don't bite people

No, you're barking up the wrong tree on this one lad. I can almost understand the divvies over there putting on their fancy dress and parading around making utter t!ts of themselves because they have been brought up with it and brainwashed by all that nonsense. However, any Hearts fan from this side of the water who wants to go over to another country, dress up like Mr Ben and mince through the streets banging a big drum needs to have his head examined.

So according to you because they go over to Northern Ireland they automatically wear the full regalia and bang drums and play flutes when maybe just maybe they are standing at the side of the road watching as the bands pass by.

:lol:

Nailed it. I mean it's all delightfully camp and fruity the way they dress up and carry on, but you can't help but think they'd be better just joining some kind of gay Mardi Gras instead... you even get to wear feathers in those.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

:lol:

Nailed it. I mean it's all delightfully camp and fruity the way they dress up and carry on, but you can't help but think they'd be better just joining some kind of gay Mardi Gras instead... you even get to wear feathers in those.

:gok:

So according to you because they go over to Northern Ireland they automatically wear the full regalia and bang drums and play flutes when maybe just maybe they are standing at the side of the road watching as the bands pass by.

Or warming their hands beside giant bonfires with Irish flags and effigies of the pope on them. Maybe a wee trip to the Paramilitary museum after that? :rofl:

Stephane Grappelli

I didn't say that my pal.  All I said was that the ones who do put on the silly outfits etc. are silly sausages. 

The ones who go over to stand at the sidelines as mere cheerleaders or spectators have equally broken brains though.

MacDonald Jardine

I didn't say that my pal. All I said was that the ones who do put on the silly outfits etc. are silly sausages.

The ones who go over to stand at the sidelines as mere cheerleaders or spectators have equally broken brains though.

Righto. You disagree so they must be thick.

Also interesting that the non bigots love a gay jibe.

On topic I first remember seeing Glentoran fans at Kilmarnock in the early 80s.

Linfield fans tend to support Rangers.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Stephane Grappelli

Blimey, have a wee pop at the Orangina men and the usual suspects are on in a flash...

Ffs why does every thread end up in a bun fight. Simple question...simple answers..no need for all the shite.

Edited by Forza Cuore

Gay jibes? Where?

http://www.gaymardigras.net/

No jibe involved. Really similar activities as far as I can see. I've said for some time that perhaps these chaps in the silly outfits should just join a more recognised camp display of dressing up and fancy percussion music.

I was in the Linfield directors box a few times and they all presumed I would be a Rangers fan. When I said Hearts they said a lot of Glens fans have a soft spot for us. A lot also have a soft spot for Rangers, though, so it isnt clean cut. 

Stephane Grappelli

Gay jibes? Where?

http://www.gaymardigras.net/

No jibe involved. Really similar activities as far as I can see. I've said for some time that perhaps these chaps in the silly outfits should just join a more recognised camp display of dressing up and fancy percussion music.

Great idea!

J Cheever Loophole

I go to every East of Scotland walk just to see the Heart of Midlothian flute band. Their colours fruity?

Before anyone jumps to the wrong conclusion, I also like to listen to the Dubs, Fury's and even some Wolftones, who was named after a Protestant btw 

MacDonald Jardine

Ffs why does every thread end up in a bun fight. Simple question...simple answers..no need for all the shite.

Because some people like to stir it.

This started with an honest answer to a perfectly innocent question.

I go to every East of Scotland walk just to see the Heart of Midlothian flute band. Their colours fruity?

Before anyone jumps to the wrong conclusion, I also like to listen to the Dubs, Fury's and even some Wolftones, who was named after a Protestant btw

It's well fruity. I quite like camp and fruity stuff though. I might go along to the next one in my area dressed as Kylie. :)

MacDonald Jardine

Blimey, have a wee pop at the Orangina men and the usual suspects are on in a flash...

"Broken brains " isn't a wee pop.

"Broken brains " isn't a wee pop.

Relatively minor pop compared to burning effigies and flags tbf... behaviour which one could reasonably attribute to people with minds which aren't working normally.

J Cheever Loophole

It's well fruity. I quite like camp and fruity stuff though. I might go along to the next one in my area dressed as Kylie. :)

Mind yer feathery Boa hot stuff, ya hot pantit hottie.

FTH

Stephane Grappelli

Before anyone jumps to the wrong conclusion, I also like to listen to the Dubs, Fury's and even some Wolftones, who was named after a Protestant btw 

I went off the Dubs when Tulisa left.  That Dappy is an annoying wee bawbag anaw.

Good post.... I got involved with the Yes vote a couple of years ago, brought up by Irish parents but genuinely, to my surprise, found the orange boys tunes coming back down the mound that day, catchy.

If you want to find a reason to hate, you will!.... One of the best things about following football, is having differences, but seeing things from the other guys prospective......

Sorry going of thread.......

I'm actually not surprised you posted that and good on you for coming out as I've heard you struggle with your sexuality but you be as fruity as you want.

Mind yer feathery Boa hot stuff, ya hot pantit hottie.

FTH

I'm thinking:

Bowler hat with a pink and an orange feather sticking out.

Red, white and blue leotard.

Gold hot-pants.

Orange stockings.

Royal blue high heels.

Orange sash.

Should go down a storm. I'll look fabulous. :wub:

I'm actually not surprised you posted that and good on you for coming out as I've heard you struggle with your sexuality but you be as fruity as you want batty boy.

I'm a sexual legend mate. If I was gay, I'd be a gay legend. Some of us just have that thing. ;)