To the Robbie haters

Jimbinho

You mean sniggering at the OP? I agree with that.

I can handle getting sniggered at by two blokes on an Internet forum. One day I hope I can follow in the foot steps of Geoff and reach 47k plus posts on JKB. Now that is the dream..

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair I thought by 'haters' folk would accept that as the common phrase for 'doubters, opposers, the phoodle crew, the circa 45% who polled for him to go'. Genuine retraction and apologies for the confusion. I am surprised though.

Nonetheless as per Rays post there does seem to be a chunky proportion of folk who seemingly can't focus on anything other than the few sore bits that went wrong, like the cup game v Hibs. I am interested in if anyone really thinks he underachieved versus what we would have taken for him at the point he started.

I'd say he was superb in his first season.

2nd season he was okay and did the minimum acceptable for a Hearts manager. There were some worrying signs appearing and his actions in the transfer market were looking ropey.

This season he's been below acceptable. We've stopped progressing and our football has been largely poor.

He's taken us as far as he can and if someone wants to give us money for him then that's a great result for us and him. He goes with my best wishes and massive thanks.

Onwards and upwards.

Please don't snigger at me I have feelings too. You and Geoff are just big bullies

Sorry Jim. I didn't realise you were so sensitive. Apologies.

Nelly Terraces

It kept me up at night mate. Let's face it.. you are replying to it because I'm guessing you are the type I was talking about in the original post.

Sorry bud, but judging by time of your post the the first thing you thought of after the final whistle was coming on here trying to get it up people you've never met. Mine was to head to the boozer to celebrate a fantastic victory for my club with my mates.

You sound quite a bitter man. Shame.

loveofthegame

Embarrassing but inevitable OP. If we'd lost last night one of the supposed "haters" would have started a thread along the lines of "don't let the door hit you on the way out".

Great result and performance. Cheers for your efforts Robbie but onwards and upwards.

It wasn't aimed at Hearts fans?

So they're not Hearts fans if they disagree with you?

Ye m8 totally what I'm saying. Reckon anyone who dares criticise Neilson should be banned from Tynecastle..,

letsalldothebeattie

But I thought he bottled the big games according to many on here?

Done a fantastic job will be delighted if he stays but 100% sure he is away and wish him all the best at MK Dons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What on earth am I bitter about?

:facepalm:

I give you exhibit A below.

Ye m8 totally what I'm saying. Reckon anyone who dares criticise Neilson should be banned from Tynecastle..,

Anyway enjoy your seethe and bitterness. Us PHM will enjoy a great result last night and a great send off for Neilson.

The team should have been setup like it has been for the last two games for much longer than it has, people (the haters if you will) have been crying out for a more adventurous and energetic approach to most games in this league. If RN had done this more when many thought we were capable to do it and we are, barely anybody would want him to go.

Hopefully today will see Neilson confirmed as the new MK Dons boss and we can welcome our new Head coach.. I'd hope it might be Cathro or someone from left field that we weren't expecting (from Germany, Holland or the likes)..

We can all thank Neilson for what he has done for us.. He steadied the ship.. took us up at the first time of asking and has left us in a good position to move forward and reach our goals..

But I won't be getting all misty eyed like some on here.. from the Aberdeen game in the cup last year it showed us our best way to play.. Why has it taken almost a full season to replicate that performance? If we had played a high pressing game against St Johnstone, Hibs, Kilmarnock, Inverness and the other dropped points we would have won a lot more of them.. but instead we retreated into our shells and worried too much about what the opposition would do..

It doesn't matter if Johnson is only just up to match fitness or if Djoum has been injured.. We had the players already on the park who could have played a high pressing game and got the required results..

So because of that it's 'Thanks for getting us up and leaving us near the top of the table and hopefully you go onto have a good career.. but at Hearts we are looking forward to hopefully more of what we saw against Rangers in EVERY GAME WE PLAY'

Fxxx the SPFL

Fantastic result last night and not a player in the team rates below 8 IMO.

Last night shows exactly what the players are capable of. I've said for long enough i believe we have the players just how they have been set up tactically and applied has been the problem and both of them are down to the manager. If Neilson hadn't been so arrogant for want of a better word and had done a bit more listening to what the fans were crying out for then there would never have been the criticism of him and there would t have been the "Haters" as we're childishly called on here all the time.

It seems the way in KB anyone that has ever critisised Neilson is automatically a hater. Poor show when you can't debate or have an opinion, it's mentioned in here all the time about people hatred of bigotry yet calling someone names or castigating them because they have a different belief or opinion is bigotry in itself, it's the very definition of the word. I can hold my hands up and say at times I've been guilty in this. Responding at times with words like Robbie Rimmers etc.

We're moving forward now a new manager will come in and the Hearts support can galvanize again and everyone can get behind a new manager. I thank Neilson for the Championship season and a few other games and for being there when it looked like we were done for. I won't miss the negativity or tinkering though and wish him the best in his career. Onwards and upwards FTH

decent post RM I don't think the Robbie haters tag should have been directed at all who criticised Robbie (myself included occasionally) there were an unfortunate few who spouted vitriol. But as you say we will have a new manager in place shortly so all of us have to get behind him and the team, we have a new stand to look forward to and if we have more performances like last night I'm sure we will fill it on a regular basis. Let's all move on and enjoy last night.

Geoff Kilpatrick

To be fair I thought by 'haters' folk would accept that as the common phrase for 'doubters, opposers, the phoodle crew, the circa 45% who polled for him to go'. Genuine retraction and apologies for the confusion. I am surprised though.

Nonetheless as per Rays post there does seem to be a chunky proportion of folk who seemingly can't focus on anything other than the few sore bits that went wrong, like the cup game v Hibs. I am interested in if anyone really thinks he underachieved versus what we would have taken for him at the point he started.

I don't think he underachieved. I think he wasn't capable of taking the next step, worrying too much about opposing set ups, tinkering with formations and personnel and making signings who are utter pony. A parting of the ways was needed.

Without having the time to read through this thread, I felt it wasn't working out for him earlier in the season & thought he would leave next summer.

My biggest complaint about the last 2 years is certainly not results (other than cups), but the general passion & excitement that last night demonstrated.

I'm sure we're all waking up wondering where that type of performance has been hiding.

Best game I've been to in a while.

If the reason he's moving on is criticsm from the supporters, he needs to toughen up.

Let's not forget that he's leaving us, it's not as if we're sacking him.

He did a good overall job at a strange time in our history, & I'm grateful for his work.

Note to replacement -beat Hibs in all competitions.

Maybe it's a positive sign that we expect so much. I'm genuine when I say that. Robbie's had some periods when we have been poor - so has EVERY manager we have EVER had (barr George Burley). But I accept that some camps think he was incapable of being any better (3rd last term and 2nd right now states maybe, just maybe it's unfair to cement him as having achieved ALL he could).

Personally I don't know for sure who called all the shots on transfers. If folk do know for sure I'm happy to hear it.

For me - he delivered enough to say that his tenure was a success. Not all managers can say the same.

Good luck to whoever comes in - he's taking on a Hearts team where expectations of 2nd place and a cup are now fair enough - the fact we can say that in 2 seasons since going down, is rather pleasing.

If by "taking us as far as he can" you mean taking us to second place in the league then I really wonder what people are expecting from our next manager.

The team should have been setup like it has been for the last two games for much longer than it has, people (the haters if you will) have been crying out for a more adventurous and energetic approach to most games in this league. If RN had done this more when many thought we were capable to do it and we are, barely anybody would want him to go.

Speaking as someone who was always fairly supportive of Neilson, I agree with this.  Last night was what we've been crying out for.  Attack teams with high energy rather than farting about with shape and positions in an effort to nullify the opposing side. 

I wish Neilson all the best and I hope he goes on to have a very successful career.  He did well for us by and large.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Maybe it's a positive sign that we expect so much. I'm genuine when I say that. Robbie's had some periods when we have been poor - so has EVERY manager we have EVER had (barr George Burley). But I accept that some camps think he was incapable of being any better (3rd last term and 2nd right now states maybe, just maybe it's unfair to cement him as having achieved ALL he could).

Personally I don't know for sure who called all the shots on transfers. If folk do know for sure I'm happy to hear it.

For me - he delivered enough to say that his tenure was a success. Not all managers can say the same.

Good luck to whoever comes in - he's taking on a Hearts team where expectations of 2nd place and a cup are now fair enough - the fact we can say that in 2 seasons since going down, is rather pleasing.

I agree with the raised expectations. That's driven by the competitive aspect. We're a slightly better than mediocre team in a league full of pisspoor teams. Our benchmark is Aberdeen and there's absolutely no reason why we can't match or better them in terms of achievement.

Geoff Kilpatrick

If by "taking us as far as he can" you mean taking us to second place in the league then I really wonder what people are expecting from our next manager.

Can we qualify 2nd place for starters? The sheep have two games in hand on us and they play the rabble we beat at the weekend.

Having said that, the last two performances have been delightful because we actually took the game to the opposition, put our best player in his best position and in a formation that suited the team. Where had that been?

Fan calls Robbie arrogant then demands that a head coach of a club listens to fans who know better...

It's astonishingly deluded and arrogant! :rofl:

Can we qualify 2nd place for starters? The sheep have two games in hand on us and they play the rabble we beat at the weekend.

Having said that, the last two performances have been delightful because we actually took the game to the opposition, put our best player in his best position and in a formation that suited the team. Where had that been?

Are our expectations so different now that we genuinely expect amazing performances and thumping wins every week? Blimey. Do Real Madrid even manage that?

And by second, I mean second place in the league, which is where we are currently and it's a place we stand a decent chance of being in at the end of the season if we keep chipping away. That's a great feeling, and one I'm personally not that familiar with as a Hearts fan. I'm more used to bouncing around mid table and ending up somewhere 3rd or below.

I don't get the snark on this thread. Today is such a good day. I grinned like a twat all the way to work and it hasn't stopped yet either. Me ---->  :biggrin:

Has RN taken us to second? The season isn't even half way yet. He has us sitting second just now but the mutton molesters have 2 games in hand over us. Let's not get too carried away just yet.

As for taking us as far. Many people could see he has, where have performances like last night been for the past 12 months ? Even 6 months? 1 or 2 decent games In That time is not a team progressing. It's plain to most people we have been stagnating.

Has RN taken us to second? The season isn't even half way yet. He has us sitting second just now but the mutton molesters have 2 games in hand over us. Let's not get too carried away just yet.

As for taking us as far. Many people could see he has, where have performances like last night been for the past 12 months ? Even 6 months? 1 or 2 decent games In That time is not a team progressing. It's plain to most people we have been stagnating.

It's not plain to most people, that's way too simplistic. I think most people have found some of our performances difficult but accept that we're a squad in transition and it'll take time to find the right combination of elements and the right balance. For others, I think this part of the club's development just didn't happen fast enough. Which is a bit mad, because even though we are/were in transition, we're still completely meeting expectations and in some cases exceeding them. It would've been nice to progress in Europe and it would've been great to win a cup but when you step back and look at the bigger picture, they aren't things we do very often anyway so the disappointment is a little easier to process.That's how I see it, anyway. 

And as I don't have access to a decent crystal ball, I can't tell you what sort of league finish Neilson would guide us to, and it now looks like we'll never find out. I'm fine with that, though. If we're going to have a managerial change then now isn't a bad time to do it. I'll just never be convinced that this change is as crucial as some others seem to think.

I've said it before and I'll happily say it again - I still believe that most of this anti-Robbie stuff comes from the fact hibs won the cup. I also agree with those who said earlier on this thread that the inability to suck it up or move on with dignity is more than a bit 'hibs'. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

Are our expectations so different now that we genuinely expect amazing performances and thumping wins every week? Blimey. Do Real Madrid even manage that?

And by second, I mean second place in the league, which is where we are currently and it's a place we stand a decent chance of being in at the end of the season if we keep chipping away. That's a great feeling, and one I'm personally not that familiar with as a Hearts fan. I'm more used to bouncing around mid table and ending up somewhere 3rd or below.

I don't get the snark on this thread. Today is such a good day. I grinned like a twat all the way to work and it hasn't stopped yet either. Me ----> :biggrin:

Um, I think the snark started with the OP! :laugh:

:spoton:  i don't hate the guy and good luck to him i wish him all the best but if i'm being honest it could have been a lot better and these last 2 games only highlight even more , let teams worry about us and play on the front foot playing high tempo football and we have nobody to fear and would beat most teams in our league , Robbie worried far to much about what other teams were going to do and more times than not it was our downfall. 

I don't get the snark on this thread. Today is such a good day. I grinned like a twat all the way to work and it hasn't stopped yet either. Me ---->   :biggrin:

Spot on.

I'm a great believer that folk have to win games in hand and although Aberdeen likely will - we are in the mix and ARE currently 2nd, after a great win against a team with a bigger budget.

Maybe I'm longer in the tooth - but I can recall a shed load of seasons where that didn't happen, not even nearly.

I can handle getting sniggered at by two blokes on an Internet forum. One day I hope I can follow in the foot steps of Geoff and reach 47k plus posts on JKB. Now that is the dream..

easy to do just post a face palm around 15 times a day

Um, I think the snark started with the OP! :laugh:

I'm not sure I can blame those who, when wandering home last night after a thumping win, maybe cast their minds to the hysterical overreaction from some of their fellow fans in recent weeks to Neilson's performance.

That's my diplomatic response.  :whistling:

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'm not sure I can blame those who, when wandering home last night after a thumping win, maybe cast their minds to the hysterical overreaction from some of their fellow fans in recent weeks to Neilson's performance.

That's my diplomatic response. :whistling:

In other words, snark is good if you agree with it!

Incidentally, the vermin winning the cup has nothing to do with my opinion that he needed to go. It was the loss to the pub team that did that. How he handled the vermin games was a joke but then us "haters" are told to get over it! :laugh:

Lincon Premier

Not a Robbie hater but my reason for wanting him gone is he could not learn from his mistakes. He should have been playing this team four weeks ago. His insistence on playing Watt and Sammon has cost him his post so he only has himself to blame.

IveSeenTheLight

You could but Aberdeen would then be the form team (for 2nd) since they are only 2 points behind with 2 games in hand and averaging closer to 2 points per game.

Great win for you guys last night.

However you do seem to be poorer away, so I'm sure you won't be surprised to hear that I hope you drop points at Ross County (away), we follow up your great win against SevCo by beating them at Ibrokes, putting us back in second with 2 games in hand.

I'd then happily cheer you to beat SevCo on the 10th.

Now if St Johnstone can pull together some wins, we could see rangers down to 5th or 6th by Christmas and that would be a great month.

In other words, snark is good if you agree with it!

Incidentally, the vermin winning the cup has nothing to do with my opinion that he needed to go. It was the loss to the pub team that did that. How he handled the vermin games was a joke but then us "haters" are told to get over it! :laugh:

You have to let that shit go, Geoff. It's not good for you. It's done. Move on. :)

Never let them see you're rattled, and certainly not by anything they've achieved. 

We've lost 5th round (was it 5th?) cup games before, we've lost derbies before, and it wasn't us playing them in a cup final. Seriously, the fact we're even still discussing it at all is a massive cringe.

Geoff Kilpatrick

You have to let that shit go, Geoff. It's not good for you. It's done. Move on. :)

Never let them see you're rattled, and certainly not by anything they've achieved.

We've lost 5th round (was it 5th?) cup games before, we've lost derbies before, and it wasn't us playing them in a cup final. Seriously, the fact we're even still discussing it at all is a massive cringe.

I agree but then there aren't many managers who refer to replays against lower league opposition as moneyspinners...

I agree but then there aren't many managers who refer to replays against lower league opposition as moneyspinners...

There are lots of managers who say lots of daft things. It wasn't great but it also wasn't a massive big deal.

If you're determined to pick someone up on every tiny thing they do, that comment presented a good opportunity though.

I understand it was particularly useful material to add to the "Robbie just doesn't get Hearts" pile. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

There are lots of managers who say lots of daft things. It wasn't great but it also wasn't a massive big deal.

If you're determined to pick someone up on every tiny thing they do, that comment presented a good opportunity though.

I understand it was particularly useful material to add to the "Robbie just doesn't get Hearts" pile.

That "pile" didn't exist till that point. Anyway, he's off to Franchise FC and we move onwards and upwards.

I love it when people say that it's cringe-worthy when people have the audacity to be annoyed that a Neilson led Hearts team let Hibs come back from 2-0 down and win the cup for the first time in 114 years as if it's something that happens all the time..

But them winning the cup was apparently not a big deal.. (if that's the case then why did we sing songs winding them up about it.. we should have just let it go)

Without having the time to read through this thread, I felt it wasn't working out for him earlier in the season & thought he would leave next summer.

My biggest complaint about the last 2 years is certainly not results (other than cups), but the general passion & excitement that last night demonstrated.

I'm sure we're all waking up wondering where that type of performance has been hiding.

Best game I've been to in a while.

If the reason he's moving on is criticsm from the supporters, he needs to toughen up.

Let's not forget that he's leaving us, it's not as if we're sacking him.

He did a good overall job at a strange time in our history, & I'm grateful for his work.

Note to replacement -beat Hibs in all competitions.

Maybe he is leaving us, question needing to be answered is how hard, if at all, have we tried to keep him.

That "pile" didn't exist till that point. Anyway, he's off to Franchise FC and we move onwards and upwards.

I think that mostly came about because there wasn't enough post-match self-flagellation or gnashing of teeth or something.

But yes, he's offski and we move on. 

While we're on the subject, from what I've seen of him so far (which admittedly isn't much) Cathro doesn't strike me as a particularly emotional man either. I can't see him going all "woe is me" when/if the shit hits the fan.

If you think we are anywhere near a challenge to Celtic you are deluded. 2nd is the best possible outcome.

You think we should rest at second because that's were the ceiling is ? You don't think we should be doing everything we can do to make a decent attempt to get as close to Celtic as we possibly can. To put distance between ourselves and the likes of Aberdeen and Rangers and whoever else seems to be in amongst us now. Not neccesarily something that would be 100% uccessful but you have to keep on improving or trying to improve. Or whats the point ?

Neilson, statistically did well up to a point. No doubt about that. But there is an opportunity here for us to improve our standing and stature, and I don't think Neilson believed it was possible, nor did he have the guts to try. There might be a chance for us being a bit better than also rans. Not saying we can win the league, but we can start at least trying to peg Celtic back bit by bit and see where that goes. Its a lot more interesting and ambitious a project than trading mistakes with the other also rans isn't it ? It doesn t have to be the same shit season after season. I want the likes of Aberdeen and Rangers playing us, home or away,knowing from the start that they will have to be very good to get anything from the game. That's not too much of a leap to start with. If we're going to be second, lets be a good second, an undisputed second, not just luckily at the top of the pack of also rans by a quirk of fate.We should be slapping most teams in this league in the puss with a duelling glove and giving them a game they know they've been in. Instead we spend half the game gently poking them with a stick to see if they bite/sting or not. Its fecking rubbish. Give me a bit of swash and buckle instead of this crap we've been watching lately. Last night was excellent. Give me MORE !!!!!!

I love it when people say that it's cringe-worthy when people have the audacity to be annoyed that a Neilson led Hearts team let Hibs come back from 2-0 down and win the cup for the first time in 114 years as if it's something that happens all the time..

But them winning the cup was apparently not a big deal.. (if that's the case then why did we sing songs winding them up about it.. we should have just let it go)

Actually, Rangers let them win the cup.

That's who they played in the final.

I read comments by Hibs fans going on about that cup game from time to time. Things like "Yams are seething" "2-0 up and ****ed it up" etc. I tend to just laugh or shrug, because I got over it pretty quickly and No Hearts supporters that I know give a flying ****...

Then I remember the loonies on here. It really is a "cringe" by the way. :facepalm:

gorgie rd eh11

Being annoyed by it isn't cringe-worthy.

Greeting about it over and over and over is.

There is some seriously weird attempts at point scoring going on in here in the wake of what was a glorious night for our club.

I'd have thought everyone was a winner last night regardless of their stance on Neilson in/oot.

Last night neither proves or disproves either side as being 'right'.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I think that mostly came about because there wasn't enough post-match self-flagellation or gnashing of teeth or something.

But yes, he's offski and we move on.

While we're on the subject, from what I've seen of him so far (which admittedly isn't much) Cathro doesn't strike me as a particularly emotional man either. I can't see him going all "woe is me" when/if the shit hits the fan.

I actually don't care if the manager is emotional or not. I care about results and maximising a team's capabilities. I'd never class Levein as emotional either but his teams in 03 and 04 are a perfect example of maximising potential. I've no idea if Cathro will do that or not either but he is obviously highly regarded in the game.

Geoff Kilpatrick

There is some seriously weird attempts at point scoring going on in here in the wake of what was a glorious night for our club.

I'd have thought everyone was a winner last night regardless of their stance on Neilson in/oot.

Last night neither proves or disproves either side as being 'right'.

Indeed. A GIRUY thread is hilarious and tragic in equal measure.

jack D and coke

I've been very critical of Robbie, but tonight is exactly the approach and type of performance I have been crying out for. If Robbie came out and said that this would be his approach to games from now on, I would personally be happy to get down on my knees and beg him to stay. I'm not naive enough to think we can play like that every week, but we sure can get in the opponents faces from the first whistle and take the game to them.

This is exactly where most fans are. I don't think you'll find many Hearts supporters who hate Robbie but loads are very frustrated with him and we bump our gums about him so what some fans need to dry their fecking eyes.

We don't expect to win every week or win things every season ffs we've all been around the block with Hearts but just give us something to get behind instead of all the fannying about. Last night was great to watch all the old feelings start coming back when you watch that instead of thinking about ****ing off early to get a pint. You just want us to get in about other teams especially at home. Was good stuff.

Archived