To the Robbie haters

Jimbinho

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rubbish, 7 wins in 22 at the 3rd biggest club in the league would get sacked at many clubs. Managers get sacked for far less - Burley was unbeaten ffs! The much maligned McCoist even had a better record than that.

Second in the league at the third biggest club in the league. :)

Anothersupposed Hearts fan who cares more about what's written on the Internet than what actually happens at Hearts.

Need to get more chief. Inner rage is so debilitating.

It kept me up at night mate. Let's face it.. you are replying to it because I'm guessing you are the type I was talking about in the original post.

Fozzyonthefence

I'd say the new manager will be hard pushed to replicate that consistency but everything Budge and Levein have done so far has been so consistently good that I think they'll make another very good appointment. As fans, we really need to play our part by giving them every chance to carry out their vision instead of throwing the toys out the pram if we don't win every game playing brilliant football..

Looking at that current table, the new manager's task must be to aim to win more than 50% of his league games and average more than 2 points a game - that's what will be required to get 2nd place although I still expect Aberdeen to get that but it is definitely up for grabs.  This league may not be Championship level dross but it is dross nonetheless and we should be doing better than we are, points wise.

I'm happy with how it turned out actually

You've made a fool of yourself. :laugh:

Easily impressed clearly.

Good send off for Robbie but ultimately the best decision for him and the club to part company. He leaves us on a great high.

You've made a fool of yourself. :laugh:

Easily impressed clearly.

Good send off for Robbie but ultimately the best decision for him and the club to part company. He leaves us on a great high.

How so? I'm sorry you feel that way. Also I agree on the last part

He will go down on history as one of the vest hearts managers on paper and achieved the absolute maximum in the league that could be asked of him yet probably the most hated man in hearts recent history ahead of people like Romanov, Pressley and Robinson. Sums up the brainless masses in our support. The man couldnt literally work any harder for the club over 20 years....

Sent from my HS-U980 using Tapatalk

Fozzyonthefence

Second in the league at the third biggest club in the league. :)

You think 7 wins in 22 is good?  Personally, I don't think drawing and losing more than half your games in this league is much to be proud of.  Remember we were first and then second in the league last season before fading badly and finishing well off the pace in third.  Even ignoring the fact Aberdeen have 2 games in hand, I don't think there is any danger we would have finished second this season under Neilson.  Maybe with a new manager, we have a chance, maybe not but I'd rather be in the position to find out.

You think 7 wins in 22 is good? Personally, I don't think drawing and losing more than half your games in this league is much to be proud of. Remember we were first and then second in the league last season before fading badly and finishing well off the pace in third. Even ignoring the fact Aberdeen have 2 games in hand, I don't think there is any danger we would have finished second this season under Neilson. Maybe with a new manager, we have a chance, maybe not but I'd rather be in the position to find out.

Second in the league.

Third biggest club in the league.

Happy Moth.

You think 7 wins in 22 is good?  Personally, I don't think drawing and losing more than half your games in this league is much to be proud of.  Remember we were first and then second in the league last season before fading badly and finishing well off the pace in third.  Even ignoring the fact Aberdeen have 2 games in hand, I don't think there is any danger we would have finished second this season under Neilson.  Maybe with a new manager, we have a chance, maybe not but I'd rather be in the position to find out.

If you think we are anywhere near a challenge to Celtic you are deluded. 2nd is the best possible outcome.

Fozzyonthefence

I'm happy with how it turned out actually

Trolling is against forum rules.  Why not just enjoy the win? 

How so? I'm sorry you feel that way. Also I agree on the last part

Posting a childish GIRUY thread aimed at other Hearts fans when we've just skelped the Huns is quite daft behavior.

Do you not think that those wanting shot of Robbie will be doubly delighted as we beat the orcs and that he's leaving?

It's a great day for us. Why try to start shit with other Hearts fans? Very Hibernian-esque sort of behavior IMO.

At least we agree that it was a fitting send off. We owe him a lot of gratitude for his Championship season especially.

Fozzyonthefence

Second in the league.

Third biggest club in the league.

Happy Moth.

Still evading the question about the 7 wins in 22.  I'm happy we're second too, although we probably won't be when Aberdeen play their games in hand, but I'm not happy with the points total we're on.  Should be on a lot more points than we are, dropping too many points against the pishy teams.  Still, it's a good platform for the new manager to build on and hopefully he can get much more consistent performances.  The last 2 games have shown what we're capable of and now we need to start doing it away from home.

Fozzyonthefence

If you think we are anywhere near a challenge to Celtic you are deluded. 2nd is the best possible outcome.

Where did I say anything about challenging Celtic?  We probably won't finish within 20 points of them even if we get 2nd.

Posting a childish GIRUY thread aimed at other Hearts fans when we've just skelped the Huns is quite daft behavior.

Do you not think that those wanting shot of Robbie will be doubly delighted as we beat the orcs and that he's leaving?

It's a great day for us. Why try to start shit with other Hearts fans? Very Hibernian-esque sort of behavior IMO.

At least we agree that it was a fitting send off. We owe him a lot of gratitude for his Championship season especially.

Tbh it wouldn't surprise me if the Robbie haters silently wanted us to lose just to prove their own warped agenda against him. Such is their intelligence.

Now they just look rather stupid tbh. Nothing wrong with highlighting it imo.

(not aimed at you)

Still evading the question about the 7 wins in 22. I'm happy we're second too, although we probably won't be when Aberdeen play their games in hand, but I'm not happy with the points total we're on. Should be on a lot more points than we are, dropping too many points against the pishy teams. Still, it's a good platform for the new manager to build on and hopefully he can get much more consistent performances. The last 2 games have shown what we're capable of and now we need to start doing it away from home.

All that matters is our form relative to our rivals for second. We are in better form.

Wasn't aimed at Hearts fans. I have been annoyed by some of Robbie's mistakes a few times such as the hibs games, Europe etc but you and me both know that there has been a very vocal minority that have hijacked basically every discussion on this site for months constantly berating him at every opportunity when he did not deserve anywhere near the criticism that he was getting and in all reality was doing a decent job. We're not allowed to point out that these people are sounding a little bit stupid?

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

Tbh it wouldn't surprise me if the Robbie haters silently wanted us to lose just to prove their own warped agenda against him. Such is their intelligence.

(not aimed at you)

the term Robbie haters appears to encompass the poodle out brigade but also folk who dare to criticise the man and believe we can do better

that being the case Ann and Craig are confirmed Robbie haters given their inaction and their apparent contentment with Robbie moving on

all looking rather stupid right enough

BRAVEHEART1874

robbie tinketed too much at times said it to the wee f on Facebook and got slaughtered ages ago but sursprise surprise the wee Huns noticed the fact like joyey out of friends 4 months later and now robbie has gone because da hobos beat us 1-0 last year couldnae make it up :) did you enjoy your 2nd team getting humped by the scots ;)

Fozzyonthefence

All that matters is our form relative to our rivals for second. We are in better form.

Deepnds what you mean by recent - we've only taken taken 9 points in our last 6 games compared to Aberdeen's 12 and Sevco's 11.  Even if you want to shorten it to the last 2 games, Aberdeen have also won their last 2, although we do have a slight edge over both if you only want to count the last 3 or 4 games.  We are the only one of the three unbeaten in the last 5 but draws are killing us.

Deepnds what you mean by recent - we've only taken taken 9 points in our last 6 games compared to Aberdeen's 12 and Sevco's 11. Even if you want to shorten it to the last 2 games, Aberdeen have also won their last 2, although we do have a slight edge over both if you only want to count the last 3 or 4 games. We are the only one of the three unbeaten in the last 5 but draws are killing us.

Or we could just look at the table and use that as the barometer.

Wasn't aimed at Hearts fans. I have been annoyed by some of Robbie's mistakes a few times such as the hibs games, Europe etc but you and me both know that there has been a very vocal minority that have hijacked basically every discussion on this site for months constantly berating him at every opportunity when he did not deserve anywhere near the criticism that he was getting and in all reality was doing a decent job. We're not allowed to point out that these people gare sounding a little bit stupid?

It wasn't aimed at Hearts fans?

So they're not Hearts fans if they disagree with you?

Bazzas right boot

Robbie leaves with us second in the league.

If the new chap improved on that, I'll be very, very happy.

Fozzyonthefence

Or we could just look at the table and use that as the barometer.

You could but Aberdeen would then be the form team (for 2nd) since they are only 2 points behind with 2 games in hand and averaging closer to 2 points per game. I was responding to the post about us being the form team - it usually means current form but I'm not sure how many games that should be, I suppose it depends on your agenda.  Can we not just agree to being happy at being second with different viewpoints on how many points we should have?  I'm not happy at dropping 3 points to shite like Killie and 2 points to ICT, St Johnstone and Hamilton, you seem less bothered about it - everyone is entitled to their opinion. 

You could but Aberdeen would then be the form team (for 2nd) since they are only 2 points behind with 2 games in hand and averaging closer to 2 points per game. I was responding to the post about us being the form team - it usually means current form but I'm not sure how many games that should be, I suppose it depends on your agenda. Can we not just agree to being happy at being second with different viewpoints on how many points we should have? I'm not happy at dropping 3 points to shite like Killie and 2 points to ICT, St Johnstone and Hamilton, you seem less bothered about it - everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I agree. I respect yours, but stick to mine. :thumbsup:

way out west jambo

Robbies tactics, team selection and signings were really questionable at times. It's right that he's moved on and someone else can try and progress from the solid platform we have now. Granted we're 2nd however we're not a strong second place. Aberdeen have 2 games in hand. Our squad is superior to everyone except Celtic. We should have accumulated a lot more points than what we have this season. I wish Robbie well however I had lost faith in him a long time ago.

Well what is true is a period of short to medium term risk starts as of now.

If everyone is being honest Robbie could not have left us in much better a position.

True

He's done well in 30 months.

Move probably suits all parties at this time.

It wasn't aimed at Hearts fans?

So they're not Hearts fans if they disagree with you?

He should answer your question, but in turn i'd suggest you concede that he is quite correct and the majority of threads on this website have led to a vocal minority as he puts it leads to Robbie oot comments.

With polls from posters appearing to show favor of Robbies tenure there does seem to be a significant "Vocal Minority"

He should answer your question, but in turn i'd suggest you concede that he is quite correct and the majority of threads on this website have led to a vocal minority as he puts it leads to Robbie oot comments.

With polls from posters appearing to show favor of Robbies tenure there does seem to be a significant "Vocal Minority"

I'd say that the forum is split at about 55% stay and 45% go but that's not based on anything concrete.

Why the need to try and start arguments on the forum tonight anyway? It's quite pathetic. The OP seems to be the only one upset here because Robbie is leaving. If he wasn't seething, he wouldn't have started such a petty and poorly thought out thread.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'd say that the forum is split at about 55% stay and 45% go but that's not based on anything concrete.

Why the need to try and start arguments on the forum tonight anyway? It's quite pathetic. The OP seems to be the only one upset here because Robbie is leaving. If he wasn't seething, he wouldn't have started such a petty and poorly thought out thread.

It was quite funny though. Bless.

Bridge of Djoum

If only we played like that every week RN would still be at the club. Great way to finish

What? He wasn't sacked.

Can a single hater actually answer this sensibly cos I've asked about a million of you and no reply yet:

On his way in would have you taken a stonking Championships winning season at first time of asking, horsing teams by 4,5 and 10 at a time, Europe on first season back and second around Xmas this year? Or not?

It's a yes or no answer. I'm amazed that we all know we'd have taken it, but since it's delivered you can't praise him for the good stuff, it's all anger and spite over the fact you didn't get MORE!

We had a crap run in Europe and Hibs beat us in the cup. Get a grip, good and bad times have been there forever. I can only assume some of you at least have only followed us for 2 years.

Can a single hater actually answer this sensibly cos I've asked about a million of you and no reply yet:

On his way in would have you taken a stonking Championships winning season at first time of asking, horsing teams by 4,5 and 10 at a time, Europe on first season back and second around Xmas this year? Or not?

It's a yes or no answer. I'm amazed that we all know we'd have taken it, but since it's delivered you can't praise him for the good stuff, it's all anger and spite over the fact you didn't get MORE!

We had a crap run in Europe and Hibs beat us in the cup. Get a grip, good and bad times have been there forever. I can only assume some of you at least have only followed us for 2 years.

Who hates Robbie? The oddballs with aeroplane maybe? Don't think any of them post on here so you'll be waiting a while for an answer.

Who hates Robbie? The oddballs with aeroplane maybe? Don't think any of them post on here so you'll be waiting a while for an answer.

People seem to think question or criticising Robbie means you hate him. Bizarre concept.

I would say last night shows that they were right to do so, not wrong to do so. We saw what the players are capable of, and what playing good football and taking the game to the opposition can achieve. Something the 'haters' have been crying out for, and all they were asking for.

People seem to think question or criticising Robbie means you hate him. Bizarre concept.

I would say last night shows that they were right to do so, not wrong to do so. We saw what the players are capable of, and what playing good football and taking the game to the opposition can achieve. Something the 'haters' have been crying out for, and all they were asking for.

Too much sense in that post for lots on here who can only think in black or white. If you're critical, it means that you must hate the guy. Seriously stunted thinking.

Fxxx the SPFL

you quoted 55-45 on this forum in Robbie's favour unfortunately this forum is not indicative of general Hearts support who in my experience are probably 75-25 on Robbie carrying on. Too many young nippers on here couldn't let go of that ONE game yes ONE game I have heard some of the so called Young team say they would rather have seen us relegated as long as we had stopped the hobbits winning the Scottish Cup that tells you all you need to know about some of the Robbie oot brigade. Anyway lets hope our next manager doesn't lose to the vermin otherwise he will be out of a job before you can say 'Phoodle'

I've been very critical of Robbie, but tonight is exactly the approach and type of performance I have been crying out for. If Robbie came out and said that this would be his approach to games from now on, I would personally be happy to get down on my knees and beg him to stay. I'm not naive enough to think we can play like that every week, but we sure can get in the opponents faces from the first whistle and take the game to them.

This is probably not far from where i'm at.

I've never called for him to leave or be punted, but will confess to getting closer to that train of thought in the last month or so.

Last night is exactly the type of performance that folk who haven't been happy with the football have been craving. Its frustrating as hell to kow that we're capable of it but so often keep it locked away.

As above, I don't expect us to cruise every single game in the manner we did last night - but for me there IS a very clear difference in approach and attitude. If we went out and played like that and got beat it would be a darned site easier to take than some of the dross we've been served up of late.

The BIG question at the moment is are the last two performances BECAUSE of Robbie Neilson, or IN SPITE of Robbie Neilson........ I guess we wait and see how the team does over the next couple of games - that might give us an idea as to the answer to that one.

you quoted 55-45 on this forum in Robbie's favour unfortunately this forum is not indicative of general Hearts support who in my experience are probably 75-25 on Robbie carrying on. Too many young nippers on here couldn't let go of that ONE game yes ONE game I have heard some of the so called Young team say they would rather have seen us relegated as long as we had stopped the hobbits winning the Scottish Cup that tells you all you need to know about some of the Robbie oot brigade. Anyway lets hope our next manager doesn't lose to the vermin otherwise he will be out of a job before you can say 'Phoodle'

You could be correct in all of that tbh.

I've heard from others that JKB and the hardcore away support are way more critical of Robbie than the wider support in general.

Fantastic result last night and not a player in the team rates below 8 IMO.

Last night shows exactly what the players are capable of. I've said for long enough i believe we have the players just how they have been set up tactically and applied has been the problem and both of them are down to the manager. If Neilson hadn't been so arrogant for want of a better word and had done a bit more listening to what the fans were crying out for then there would never have been the criticism of him and there would t have been the "Haters" as we're childishly called on here all the time.

It seems the way in KB anyone that has ever critisised Neilson is automatically a hater. Poor show when you can't debate or have an opinion, it's mentioned in here all the time about people hatred of bigotry yet calling someone names or castigating them because they have a different belief or opinion is bigotry in itself, it's the very definition of the word. I can hold my hands up and say at times I've been guilty in this. Responding at times with words like Robbie Rimmers etc.

We're moving forward now a new manager will come in and the Hearts support can galvanize again and everyone can get behind a new manager. I thank Neilson for the Championship season and a few other games and for being there when it looked like we were done for. I won't miss the negativity or tinkering though and wish him the best in his career. Onwards and upwards FTH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish Robbie all the best if he goes South, the realistic target can only be 2nd and a Scottish Cup Win. The gulf between Hearts and Celtic I believe can be shortened, not sure if it can be closed enough to make it a contest. Especially if they continue to reach the Champions League knock out stages with the hard cash that brings in. As a club we are going in the right direction in every area. Whoever takes over, gains a strong squad with fantastic facilities and backing from the board to bring in further players in January to make their mark on the squad. Exciting times. I believe this squad has another 20% in them, once they fully click and gain consistency, they will be a joy to watch home and away. Hopefully the next manager is the right man to bring that out of them. 

I wish Robbie all the best if he goes South, the realistic target can only be 2nd and a Scottish Cup Win. The gulf between Hearts and Celtic I believe can be shortened, not sure if it can be closed enough to make it a contest. Especially if they continue to reach the Champions League knock out stages with the hard cash that brings in. As a club we are going in the right direction in every area. Whoever takes over, gains a strong squad with fantastic facilities and backing from the board to bring in further players in January to make their mark on the squad. Exciting times. I believe this squad has another 20% in them, once they fully click and gain consistency, they will be a joy to watch home and away. Hopefully the next manager is the right man to bring that out of them.

Great post Jamos.

It's time for optimism and looking forward.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

(not aimed at you)

:naughty:

To be fair I thought by 'haters' folk would accept that as the common phrase for 'doubters, opposers, the phoodle crew, the circa 45% who polled for him to go'. Genuine retraction and apologies for the confusion. I am surprised though.

Nonetheless as per Rays post there does seem to be a chunky proportion of folk who seemingly can't focus on anything other than the few sore bits that went wrong, like the cup game v Hibs. I am interested in if anyone really thinks he underachieved versus what we would have taken for him at the point he started.

maltese jambo

Good luck to him and he did a good job overall.

But ultimately he has a number of flaws and is replaceable.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Well said.

So we get 1 or 2 good results and the previous 3 or 4 bad results are all forgiven, all is fine in the world and anyone who dared question anything AT ALL can GTF. Fickle?

Great result yesterday and against Motherwell but Robbie has rightly had some serious questions asked about him. Thanks for taking us as far as you can Robbie

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Agreed. As was said last night Robbie was well aware of the element who weren't happy with him. Yet I've now even seen some a couple of folk saying he's a loser because he's bolted and ran off and that's proof enough that he wasn't good enough! It's like a smear campaign. The bloke seemingly cannot get a 'you did okay lad' from anyone in that element.

Anyway time to move on I guess. I do hope the next bloke in manages to do enough to get all back on the same side!

Archived