Crap celebrity sighting

GlasgoJambo

luckyBatistuta

CJ.

A lot of folk didn't like him, but he didn't bother me. Rather stupid to write an autobiography though, and say you think you killed someone, especially if there is an unsolved case still in place.

Quite apt for him really, thinks he's really clever, but always gets found out.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I banged that Cerys fromn Catatonia many years ago.

The original drummer from Stereophonics. Nice bloke but spat as he talked. Didn't bang him, iirc

The original drummer from Stereophonics. Nice bloke but spat as he talked. Didn't bang him, iirc

:tlj:

Jam Tarts 1874

Was enjoying the culture in The Western Bar during festival time about 20 years ago.  Robbie Coltrane walks in, goes to the bar and asks for a packet of fags.  He seemed really put out when he was told that they just had a fag machine, he then stormed rather grumpily out.

Was once sat in Glasgow Queen Street station with a mate when he asked if I remembered Keith Harris of Keith Harris and Orvil fame. I jumped in then with some derogatory comments about having his arm up a ducks bum and making shit loads of money from it only to find he was sitting behind me. My mate pissed himself as I looked round to be met by Mr Harris giving me severe daggers!

I met Paul Young of Hooked on Fishing fame on a ferry back from Ireland. Got talking and he asked me and a mate to join him for the journey. He ended up buying us a round of beers. Really nice guy and very interesting to talk to.

Rudi-Robertson

I met Paul Young of Hooked on Fishing fame on a ferry back from Ireland. Got talking and he asked me and a mate to join him for the journey. He ended up buying us a round of beers. Really nice guy and very interesting to talk to.

Met him a few times too. He's from portobello, shame about his the team he supports though but a really nice guy

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Dont know if these pair count as celebrities or just crap!

CNqyNLlWUAACBlW.jpg

Rudi-Robertson

I once banged a news reporter, ken the ones that don't sit in the studio, the ones out and about making the VT's

She'll remain nameless as she was actually a decent lass and a good ride into the bargain

I once banged a news reporter, ken the ones that don't sit in the studio, the ones out and about making the VT's

She'll remain nameless as she was actually a decent lass and a good ride into the bargain

Was it Martin Geisler?

I P Knightley

Another ferry-board encounter. Dover to Ostend a bloke called something Egan who claimed to have played guitar on an album - possibly Rick Wakeman's Six Wives of Henry VIII. Sat with us and played my mate's acoustic. Long before the days of the internet so no way of checking up on his claim but he was a damned fine guitarist.

"Something" might have been "Mike"; "Egan" might have been something very different.

I'm not sure that "banging" counts as a "sighting"; nor would I say that Cerys Matthews is a "Crap celebrity" but thread left the reservation a long time ago.

Another ferry-board encounter. Dover to Ostend a bloke called something Egan who claimed to have played guitar on an album - possibly Rick Wakeman's Six Wives of Henry VIII. Sat with us and played my mate's acoustic. Long before the days of the internet so no way of checking up on his claim but he was a damned fine guitarist.

"Something" might have been "Mike"; "Egan" might have been something very different.

I'm not sure that "banging" counts as a "sighting"; nor would I say that Cerys Matthews is a "Crap celebrity" but thread left the reservation a long time ago.

It was Mike Egan.  Not that I've heard the album, or indeed heard if him, but your post intrigued me and so I checked on wikipedia.

I once threatened to batter the bass player from Wet, Wet, Wet as he was rude to my cousin in George Square, Glasgow, in the early hours one Sunday morning.

Threatend to batter may have been anglo saxon invective rather than the offer of a square go, but you get the drift.

:look:

chester copperpot

Mentioned before but once bumped into Tony Knowles in century 2000 a fair few years back.

He was over the moon that I recognised him and even bought him a vodka and coke.

King Of The Cat Cafe

I once arranged a meeting between Anthony Booth (actor and father in law of Tony Blair) with Hillary Clinton.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Walked past Henning Wehn in Glasgow Airport departures a few years ago. Odd looking bloke.

Saw John Leslie in Indigo Yard a few weeks back. He is a lot taller than I imagined.

Also saw Leigh Griffiths, Jamie Murphy and I think Tony Watt (99% sure it was him) over the course of a 2 week holiday in Magaluf a few years back. Griffiths was outside Boomerang nightclub wearing one of they umbrella hats that the guys on the beach sell :lol:.

Went for a pee next to Danny Grainger in Cav the night after the cup final. He was absolutely reeking and accused me of stealing his wallet :lol:.

I'm sure there are more but those are the ones that spring to mind currently.

I P Knightley

It was Mike Egan.  Not that I've heard the album, or indeed heard if him, but your post intrigued me and so I checked on wikipedia.

Cheers. It was only the other ferry post that reminded me I'd ever met someone claiming to be him. It was over 30 years ago and I hadn't given it a moment's thought in all that time.

I've not heard the album either - seems like a load of tosh.

I once arranged a meeting between Anthony Booth (actor and father in law of Tony Blair) with Hillary Clinton.

I saw Anthony Booth a couple of years ago at a friend's house.

Mentioned before but once bumped into Tony Knowles in century 2000 a fair few years back.

He was over the moon that I recognised him and even bought him a vodka and coke.

There was another snooker player, Neal Foulds. (Tony Knowles is snooker, right?)

Well I watched an under 10s football match with Neal Foulds's son. His grandson was in goal for our oppo. I've never met Neal Foulds, though.

(Trying to keep it as crap as possible.)

Oh and here's another crap one. I was in a club in Portugal and a big, beardy Irish fellow who looked like Captain Pugwash was convinced he'd seen and met the Irish rugby international, Brendan Mullins. I know he hadn't as I'm not Brendan Mullins but he was having none if it at all. He knew "Brendan" from training with him at London Irish and the Scottish accent "Brendan" put on was clearly fake. In the end, he got "Brendan's" autograph.

There's possibly a parallel thread on a big, beardy Irishmen's forum where this guy is 99% sure he met Brendan Mullins. He didn't.

chester copperpot

Cheers. It was only the other ferry post that reminded me I'd ever met someone claiming to be him. It was over 30 years ago and I hadn't given it a moment's thought in all that time.

I've not heard the album either - seems like a load of tosh.

I saw Anthony Booth a couple of years ago at a friend's house.

There was another snooker player, Neal Foulds. (Tony Knowles is snooker, right?)

Well I watched an under 10s football match with Neal Foulds's son. His grandson was in goal for our oppo. I've never met Neal Foulds, though.

(Trying to keep it as crap as possible.)

Oh and here's another crap one. I was in a club in Portugal and a big, beardy Irish fellow who looked like Captain Pugwash was convinced he'd seen and met the Irish rugby international, Brendan Mullins. I know he hadn't as I'm not Brendan Mullins but he was having none if it at all. He knew "Brendan" from training with him at London Irish and the Scottish accent "Brendan" put on was clearly fake. In the end, he got "Brendan's" autograph.

There's possibly a parallel thread on a big, beardy Irishmen's forum where this guy is 99% sure he met Brendan Mullins. He didn't.

Indeed.

Once had Len Ganley sign a pound note of mines as he had been refereeing in Meadowbank snooker centre.

Let Greg McHugh (Gary Tank Commander) through the door at Sainsbury's on Bothwell Street in Glasgow a good few weeks ago. He looked quite fed up and was wearing a backpack utilising both straps.

Saw Wagner at Oscar's Bar and Grill in Livingston last Saturday.

I had a steak. It was ok.

He must be some age now.

Thought he also be too high brow for Oscar's as well.

Carlos Santana on a small flight from Lisbon to Rabat. He had snake skin shoes and a fedora on (and other clothes).

The desk clerk asked him if he wanted to be taken separately to the flight and he said "of course not". Then he sort of held the shuttle bus door open for a couple of ladies.

We drifted apart soon after.

Better Call Saul's brother, Chuck was in my work during the festival. He's a bit of a fud.

Walked past Rula Lenska in Broughton Road during the festival a few weeks ago. Have met Paul Kane in Lanzarote a few times. He is actually a really nice guy.

chester copperpot

He must be some age now.

Thought he also be too high brow for Oscar's as well.

What, the guy who will sing you a facebook happy birthday message for 8 quid.

I'd have thought he would have fit in quite well

What, the guy who will sing you a facebook happy birthday message for 8 quid.

I'd have thought he would have fit in quite well

Ah!

Wrong Wagner.

(I did know that)

Walked past Christopher Biggins in Home Street Tollcross about 1986 he smiled at me. I think he wanted more.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Saw Arthur Smith, on George Street, a few years back. Weird dress sense - green blazer and blue check surfer shorts.

Marcus Brigstock, near quarter mile. Surprised how small he is.

Leigh Griffiths in the black Bull (Dalkeith). He cottoned on to my 5-1 photo. He was actually ok.

Jimmy Savile in Scarborough, on holiday with my parents. Near his flat that's just been condemned. He didn't look happy.

Jimmy Savile in Scarborough, on holiday with my parents. Near his flat that's just been condemned. He didn't look happy.

He'd probably clocked your parents.

Got the boy who played Curly Watts in Corrie to do a 5-1 for me in Rhodes.

Also, asked Charles Bronson (the actor, not the murderer) to sign a fag packet for me when i saw him in a bar in Switzerland.  He told me to **** off.

Carlos Santana on a small flight from Lisbon to Rabat. He had snake skin shoes and a fedora on (and other clothes).

The desk clerk asked him if he wanted to be taken separately to the flight and he said "of course not". Then he sort of held the shuttle bus door open for a couple of ladies.

I think this wins the prize for least crap sighting :2thumbsup:

Got the boy who played Curly Watts in Corrie to do a 5-1 for me in Rhodes.

Also, asked Charles Bronson (the actor, not the murderer) to sign a fag packet for me when i saw him in a bar in Switzerland.  He told me to **** off.

Bit of six degrees of seperation here, but (and bear with me) my Dad is a relation of the actor David McCallum, second or third coousin type of thing.

Anyway, David McCallum used to be married to Jill Ireland.  They seperated and latterly Jill Ireland married Charles Bronson.  So, through marriage, there is a wee family link to Danny, the "Tunnel King"!

Got filmed at seven in the morning helping Gail Porter onto a train at Haymarket for some TV show she was making. She has a lovely smile. Had a twenty minute conversation with Ian Rankine with regards his first book(doors open) after he said Rebus was retiring. Have to give him credit. He took my criticism of said book very well. All this on platform 2 at Haymarket.

Your lucky he didn't whip out his gun and blow your head off.

He wasn't happy.  Got the feeling he'd had a bad day :)

I saw Kerry Katona at Waverley Station in August. Lots of cases and lots of kids.

Has a double wide at Seton Sands caravan site.Paid for by social services on good authority.

Anne Robinson and Jerry Springer for me as was on both their shows.

:lol: The second isn't a crap celebrity sighting but please elaborate...

:lol: The second isn't a crap celebrity sighting but please elaborate...

Was on the Weakest Link and The Jerry Springer Show*

*Audience only

Years ago I spotted the Scottish guy from Rentaghost(80s kids program) coming out the ticket office at Tynie while I was still in the queue.

Archived