Celtic Dot Count

Footballfirst

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This game was always going to be a near or total sellout.  The really good season ticket sales of 14,000 should mean most games again this season will be 16,000 plus.  It will be interesting when the main stand is redeveloped for 7,000, increasing the ground to 20,000.

With the availability then of approximately 3,000 more seats, will larger areas/sections of the Roseburn end be released to visiting clubs, or the possibility of more walkup seats become available......... :beatnik2:

Most if not all of these will probably all go today.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

I'm assuming we still can't sell bottom sections between School End and section N due to that John Wilson guy for Celtic game. It looks awful and spoils what should look **** a jam packed stadium.

Fxxx the SPFL

I'm assuming we still can't sell bottom sections between School End and section N due to that John Wilson guy for Celtic game. It looks awful and spoils what should look **** a jam packed stadium.

yeh I know what you mean when you see it on the box never mind roll on New Stand.

yeh I know what you mean when you see it on the box never mind roll on New Stand.

That 'incident' has cost the club a six figure sum easy.

Just can't get my heed round why this hasn't already sold out.

Start up the plane, Ann oot, Craig oot, Robbie oot!

Think this will officially sell out Clerry? Can't imagine their will be a lot of walk ups for a Celtic game, and most people with a purchase history will have bought or decided not to buy a ticket.

scott herbertson

I think it will be very close. As you say Karapidis not many walk ups and not easy for tourists to get tickets. A lot of people away or going without their kids. I think we will be down to about 70 tomorrow morning and about 40 by kick off but that's just a guess

Just can't get my heed round why this hasn't already sold out.

Start up the plane, Ann oot, Craig oot, Robbie oot!

Because it's Celtic and loads of folk just won't go. I'll be there and just hope we have a go at them, there's no better feeling than scoring against this mob.

110 Left

Gutted I can't get up to the game AND that I'll have to give Sky some money to watch it!

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I'm having an argument on another forum (!!) about sell out crowds.

How many saleable seats do we have at Tynecastle? And how many for away fans? The capacity on Wiki is shown as 17529, but i want to know how many we actually sell.

scott herbertson

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I'm having an argument on another forum (!!) about sell out crowds.

How many saleable seats do we have at Tynecastle? And how many for away fans? The capacity on Wiki is shown as 17529, but i want to know how many we actually sell.

About17200-17300

Some are kept back for hospitality/ poor view, section N etc so no one knows for sure

In my time watching Hearts this game was as 'rammed' as it ever got

Wed 13 Mar 1968 19:30

Hearts 1 Rangers 0

Scottish Cup QF

Tynecastle Park Edinburgh Scotland

Ref: WJ Mullen Dalkeith

Not only were there 44K through the turnstile, IIRC the gate at the back was also breached and more people got in without paying. I can remember hankies waving and kids in danger of suffocation or trampling being passed down to the front over the heads of the crowd  to avoid injury

1968031302.jpg

I went to this and also the first game. This was the biggest crowd I had ever been to, despite gazetted larger before. I was in the Gorgie Road end with the Hun. They were pouring in over the Church wall in their thousands. At kick off it was just a swaying mass of humanity. There would have been 50,000 at kick off for sure. That goal from Donald, forever in my memory.

Archived