Celtic Dot Count

Footballfirst

Heartsmad1874

Its the start of the new season so we should definetley be selling this out but i'm sure we will sell out come kick off, i've never bought the excuse that its on tv on a Sunday i'd rather go to the game and support the team rather than watching on the tele listening to Andy Walker.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1985-08-10: Heart of Midlothian 1-1 Celtic, Premier Division1.png?v=20111214172750

• John Colquhoun makes his bebut for Hearts and scores.
  • A golf ball was thrown from the crowd at Davie Provan.
ReviewOn a warm day at Tynecastle only a last gasp McStay goal saves Celtic. Tommy Burns has an uncomfortable afternoon against old team mate John Colquhoun.

TeamsHearts: Smith Kidd Whittaker Jardine R MacDonald Levein Colquhoun Watson Clark Robertson Mackay Subs: McNaughton Cherry

Scorer: Colquhoun 27

Celtic: Bonner W McStay Burns Aitken McAdam Grant Provan P McStay Johnston MacLeod McClair Subs: McGrain McInally

Scorer: P McStay 90

Attendance: 22,000

When capacity was 29,000

We're not selling out because folk expect us to get beaten, probably heavily.

If we were playing well, positive football, then it would have sold out the day the tickets went on sale.

We_are_the_Hearts

When capacity was 29,000

When capacity was 29,000

Officially 29,000, still sure there were more at times

Hackney Hearts

I think I've made my point. 

:thumbsup:

Your point is that it isn't selling out? But it will sell out. So your point is to do with the speed it's selling out? 

Seems a bit picky.

I expected this to sell out on day one.

If this is the amount of walk ups we can expect against Celtic, its not looking good for Motherwell games etc. Very poor.

Officially 29,000, still sure there were more at times

Definitely

When U 19 World semi final v Portugal was played at Tynie to 29,000 attendance and there was easily room for more.

Italian Lambretta

In Robbie we trust  :uhoh2:

We're not selling out because folk expect us to get beaten, probably heavily.

If we were playing well, positive football, then it would have sold out the day the tickets went on sale.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

It will sell out but there is a serious downer with the club right now because of Leveinson.  The players are not enjoying their football (clearly) and either are the fans.  Put it this way when we have a big game on  Sunday I always take the Monday off and have my pals round to the flat at 8am on the Sunday to get smashed.  Well, I am working Monday and I probably will not even drink on Sunday.  I am dreading the game and dreading the season.  If it were up to me I?d just give the vile vermin the 3 points to avoid giving them the satisfaction of actually beating us.  Genuinely got such a bad feeling about this season.

Enjoying it?

It is a job of work, not Beavers

Your point is that it isn't selling out? But it will sell out. So your point is to do with the speed it's selling out?

Seems a bit picky.

Maybe to you man but I just thought it would sell out by now.

Anyway back on topic. How we looking? I'll be in around 7 and will do the count then.

The game looks a certain to sell out but thats not good enough for some on here

You honestly could not make that up IMO

You think Hearts had the support of Man U to tune in to

I've followed Hearts for 45yrs and sell out crowds were never taken for granted

Just great to see the fantastic ST sales and the walk ups chipping in

Re support we are the envy of Scottish football ( bar the two cheeks who can tap in all over the place with glory hunters)

Honest imagine pant wetting about a sell out home game, only on a football forum me thinks becuse those that do, would be ridiculed in the real world and then some, basically told to do one  as they were laughed at

The game looks a certain to sell out but thats not good enough for some on here

You honestly could not make that up IMO

You think Hearts had the support of Man U to tune in to

I've followed Hearts for 45yrs and sell out crowds were never taken for granted

Just great to see the fantastic ST sales and the walk ups chipping in

Re support we are the envy of Scottish football ( bar the two cheeks who can tap in all over the place with glory hunters)

Honest imagine pant wetting about a sell out home game, only on a football forum me thinks becuse those that do, would be ridiculed in the real world and then some, basically told to do one as they were laughed at

Who is pant wetting mate? That I don't agree with at all.

Enjoying it?

It is a job of work, not Beavers

Nah totally disagree.  It is getting paid for something that most kids do as a hobby . If you are not enjoying your football then it is not for you.  You simply can't be a good player of you are not enjoying yourself.

Clerry Jambo

I thought folk were telling us that we never sell out despite what the club say due to the hunners of empty seats around the stadium

Who is pant wetting mate? That I don't agree with at all.

Just dont get the negativity

I think some on here forget Hearts have had some shite crowds in the past

Most clubs would be chuffed to bits with our support  the Hobo's could only dream of such numbers

Seymour M Hersh

Seymour, there are about 4 empty rows at top of Section J, hospitality not sold I presume, the rest generally singles

I was only trying to be a smart arse tbh CJ. 

Definitely

When U 19 World semi final v Portugal was played at Tynie to 29,000 attendance and there was easily room for more.

You're probably right Mikey.  I spoke to someone who worked at Tynecastle not long after that game and he told me that Tynecastle could safely hold 36,000 but the exits were only adequate for 29,000.

You're probably right Mikey. I spoke to someone who worked at Tynecastle not long after that game and he told me that Tynecastle could safely hold 36,000 but the exits were only adequate for 29,000.

Hearts v Celtic game Dec 1986 (1-0 Neil Berry) was possibly one of the biggest crowds around that time. Certainly closer to 36,000 than the published 29,000.

1985-08-10: Heart of Midlothian 1-1 Celtic, Premier Division1.png?v=20111214172750
  • John Colquhoun makes his bebut for Hearts and scores.
  • A golf ball was thrown from the crowd at Davie Provan.
  Review On a warm day at Tynecastle only a last gasp McStay goal saves Celtic. Tommy Burns has an uncomfortable afternoon against old team mate John Colquhoun.

Teams Hearts: Smith Kidd Whittaker Jardine R MacDonald Levein Colquhoun Watson Clark Robertson Mackay Subs: McNaughton Cherry

Scorer: Colquhoun 27

Celtic: Bonner W McStay Burns Aitken McAdam Grant Provan P McStay Johnston MacLeod McClair Subs: McGrain McInally

Scorer: P McStay 90

Attendance: 22,000

Here's hoping for something similar on Sunday, either Provan or Andy W****r! :whistling:

Clerry Jambo

Wheatfield   4

Roseburn   134

Main              2

Gorgie          7

Total           147

Wheatfield     1

Roseburn   127

Main               2

Gorgie           4

Total           134

scott herbertson

Wheatfield     1

Roseburn   127

Main               2

Gorgie           4

Total           134

selling at a good rate

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Nah totally disagree. It is getting paid for something that most kids do as a hobby . If you are not enjoying your football then it is not for you. You simply can't be a good player of you are not enjoying yourself.

Total rubbish. It is about talent discipline and focus. If you don't have that it doesn't how much fun you are having. Only hard work pays off

So we are 130 odd shy of selling out 4 days before the game, a game which is live on tv against a horrible away support An away support that has  been restricted to 2 and a half sections of the Roseburn and some people think this is somehow an epic fail ............ok then seems logical , wff

Heartsofgold

Definitely

No Danger Mikey!!  I was at that game and there is no way Tynecastle could have taken any more, not safely.  The kick off was delayed by 30+ minutes to let the crowds in.

Clerry Jambo

No Danger Mikey!!  I was at that game and there is no way Tynecastle could have taken any more, not safely.  The kick off was delayed by 30+ minutes to let the crowds in.

Got to agree, was there aswell and it was "rammed" or it certainly felt like it!!

scott herbertson

In my time watching Hearts this game was as 'rammed' as it ever got

Wed 13 Mar 1968 19:30
Hearts 1 Rangers 0
Scottish Cup QF
Tynecastle Park Edinburgh Scotland
Ref: WJ Mullen Dalkeith

Not only were there 44K through the turnstile, IIRC the gate at the back was also breached and more people got in without paying. I can remember hankies waving and kids in danger of suffocation or trampling being passed down to the front over the heads of the crowd  to avoid injury

1968031302.jpg

Dougie Masterton

Hearts 1 Rangers 0

Scottish Cup QF

Not only were there 44K through the turnstile, IIRC the gate at the back was also breached and more people got in without paying. I can remember hankies waving and kids in danger of suffocation or trampling being passed down to the front over the heads of the crowd  to avoid injury

1968031302.jpg

I sat on the track beside the Gorgie Road goal that night. 

No Danger Mikey!! I was at that game and there is no way Tynecastle could have taken any more, not safely. The kick off was delayed by 30+ minutes to let the crowds in.

Fair enough

TV suggested there was quite a lot of space

I was at the 1/4 final replay with Hearts and Celtic in 71 I think

Many reckoned there was 40k or slightly more at Tynie that night

There was serious trouble at the game and I'm sure there was some pay back for the violence celtic fans inflicted on some Hearts fans at the game at PH

I was at the game (CP) when Derek Renton scored a late equaliser, plenty Hearts fans through that day but remember being scared at times but fantastic celebrations as my Day of 6ft 3 put me on his shoulders as we celebrated

Hated that mob since and I was 9 at the time

Francis Albert

Hearts 1 Rangers 0

Scottish Cup QF

1968031302.jpg

I was at that game and I was quite comfortable in the School End  - no crushing or any feeling of danger. As I remember the crowd did spill over onto the pitch at the Gorgie end. But it was basically  the same ground that once accommodated 53,000 so I think with better distribution of the crowd a few more might have been squeezed in.

132goals1958

There was serious trouble at the game and I'm sure there was some pay back for the violence celtic fans inflicted on some Hearts fans at the game at PH

I was at the game (CP) when Derek Renton scored a late equaliser, plenty Hearts fans through that day but remember being scared at times but fantastic celebrations as my Day of 6ft 3 put me on his shoulders as we celebrated

I was at both games, and as you say there was a poisonous atmosphere which boiled over in the replay.The players were taken of the pitch at one stage. For some reason Jock Stein gesticulated towards the Hearts fans in the main stand where I was sitting that night. Suffice to say he got pelters. 

I met a gut about 15yr later that was at the game at CP he told me  he was 14 and stabbed, seen the scars

Remember the whole main stand at Tynie, well many, singing ''get into them'' when Hearts fans charged as 9yr old that sure was an eye opener and scary thankfully I was with my Uncles well above as I watched what unfolded off the park

Think that shower got a Penalty as per and that was enough

Got to agree, was there aswell and it was "rammed" or it certainly felt like it!!

i was at that match too.  near the top in the cowshed.........the concrete steps were painted yellow, but were crammed with folk, had to go along the back and eventually down to get a pie.   :sunny:

Clerry Jambo

Wheatfield     1

Roseburn   127

Main               2

Gorgie           4

Total           134

Wheatfield     1

Roseburn   129

Main               1

Gorgie           3

Total           134

scott herbertson

At the first game we left before Renton scored (I was 15 and travelling on the SMT buses with a mate)

There was a fight on the way back and some of the guys were chased back to the bus by a horde of older Celtic fans (men in the 30s and 40s)

The bus driver ran away and our double decker was left isolated while all the others scarpered back to Edinburgh - every window in the bus was tanned in . They were throwing rubble through the windows and we had the seats up against them. I remember a whip roundn to find things to throw at them, the things including golf balls and coins and a dart (dont ask!). At one point a couple of them came forward waving a hankie and our 'spokesman' was given terms - come out for a square go or we upend the bus, women and children to be allowed to leave....

Fortunately the police arrived (after about an hour it seemed)

A freezing cold bus journey back to Edinburgh and an iffy excuse to my mum about the traffic on the way back to explain how it was near midnight on a school night

Going to Parkhead was certainly an interesting experience if you were a Hearts fan in the 70s & 80s.

I seen fights on the train we used the excursions to get there prior

Thankfully my family were big burly guys who took no shit

It was bad karma and Tynie prove later that week they it wasny gonny change in those days

Thing at Motherwell in the Texaco Cup a few yrs later it was no different

Seen mad stuff at Everton and Newcastle later was no better

Sign of the times I say

Clerry Jambo

Going to Parkhead was certainly an interesting experience if you were a Hearts fan in the 70s & 80s.

the 86 game when wee Robbo got the equaliser, think we must have had around 8k fans if memory serves correctly, didn't see much trouble from the liberty takers that day!!

Hate that mob, absolutely detest them!!

Did we not get the whole away end that day? I'm sure I was next to the Jungle but I could be mistaken.

At the first game we left before Renton scored (I was 15 and travelling on the SMT buses with a mate)

There was a fight on the way back and some of the guys were chased back to the bus by a horde of older Celtic fans (men in the 30s and 40s)

The bus driver ran away and our double decker was left isolated while all the others scarpered back to Edinburgh - every window in the bus was tanned in . They were throwing rubble through the windows and we had the seats up against them. I remember a whip roundn to find things to throw at them, the things including golf balls and coins and a dart (dont ask!). At one point a couple of them came forward waving a hankie and our 'spokesman' was given terms - come out for a square go or we upend the bus, women and children to be allowed to leave....

Fortunately the police arrived (after about an hour it seemed)

A freezing cold bus journey back to Edinburgh and an iffy excuse to my mum about the traffic on the way back to explain how it was near midnight on a school night

Your memory is obviously confused a bit as the game when Derek Renton scored was on a Saturday.

Clerry Jambo

Wheatfield     1

Roseburn   129

Main               1

Gorgie           3

Total           134

Wheatfield     1

Roseburn   128

Main               1

Gorgie           4

Total           134

scott herbertson

Your memory is obviously confused a bit as the game when Derek Renton scored was on a Saturday.

You're right - mixing up two matches - it was the Renton one where we were attacked tho...!

I seen fights on the train we used the excursions to get there prior

Thankfully my family were big burly guys who took no shit

It was bad karma and Tynie prove later that week they it wasny gonny change in those days

Thing at Motherwell in the Texaco Cup a few yrs later it was no different

Seen mad stuff at Everton and Newcastle later was no better

Sign of the times I say

The excursions.now you take me back happy days although sometimes some dodgy away days

You're right - mixing up two matches - it was the Renton one where we were attacked tho...!

Absolutely.

Archived