kingantti1874

2cf442b0669479241c1b00e0060548dd.jpg

This is the one.. Hard to believe we've made it worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alwaysthereinspirit

With the long sleeves and it being the height of Scotland's "summer" could it be a goalie top?

Unknown user

I'm gonna hide my face in shame.. It's actually among the worst kits ive ever seen from any team in Scotland. Honestly can't think of a stupider or more embarrassing one ever.

2d41c738d968e618d08fe593c382fdbc.jpg

Dundee, 1953

Generic Username

Mind that Falkirk kit from around 95/96 that was just the two different shades of blue squares?! Oh my.

Shooter McGavin

Would not be surprised if the opposition players and fans all piss themselves laughing when our team comes out the tunnel dressed up as a rhubarb and custard.

Unknown user

B7OdJ3M.jpg

Ah, beaten to this one.

Every celtic away top ever deserves a mention by the way, them and liverpool seem obsessed with awful away kits

Some sensitive souls out there.

Exactly my thoughts. Folk greeting because they don't like it like they are some kind of fashion guru. Others like it. Making a big deal over nothing just seems to be the way on JKB these days.

If folk don't like it, don't buy it. Fairly simple premise.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Exactly my thoughts. Folk greeting because they don't like it like they are some kind of fashion guru. Others like it. Making a big deal over nothing just seems to be the way on JKB these days.

If folk don't like it, don't buy it. Fairly simple premise.

You don't have to be a "fashion guru" to come to the conclusion that that strip is classless.   It is not as simple as "if you don't like it, don't buy it" - I for one do not want to see HMFC running out wearing that monstrosity.

I would have thought that how your team looks on the pitch IS a big deal for fans with respect.

Memo to JKB...

"If you like the new away top, post and say so. If you DON'T like the new away top, post and say so. Then post again and say so. Then post again and again and again to say so. Just so people are in no doubt that you don't like it.

Then, just to be sure, post again your dislike."

kingantti1874

You don't have to be a "fashion guru" to come to the conclusion that that strip is classless. It is not as simple as "if you "don't like it, don't buy" - I for one do not want to see HMFC running out wearing that monstrosity.

I would have thought that how your team looks on the pitch IS a big deal for fans with respect.

Correct.

Memo to JKB...

"If you like the new away top, post and say so. If you DON'T like the new away top, post and say so. Then post again and say so. Then post again and again and again to say so. Just so people are in no doubt that you don't like it.

:spoton:

You don't have to be a "fashion guru" to come to the conclusion that that strip is classless. It is not as simple as "if you "don't like it, don't buy" - I for one do not want to see HMFC running out wearing that monstrosity.

I like it. I'll be buying it. My kid likes it. I'll be buying one for him. I'm not that sensitive that I'd get upset about Hearts running out in that top, or any top really for that matter (maybe an exception if it was green).

I just don't understand what the big drama is here. Folk getting embarrassed by a football top ffs. Are people really that sensitive?

OmiyaHearts

Then you know hee haw.. Worst kit in my lifetime.. The better they look the more they sell.. This is not nice by any stretch of the imagination..

What kit was worse than this piece of crap

We'll need to agree to disagree. I think it's a good top and it relates to our history.

FWIW I've shown the pic to a few friends who don't support Hearts and they all like it and the idea behind it.

Ron Burgundy

I asked my kids if they wanted this strip.

The reaction?

200_s.gif

Obviously not uber Hearts fans.

Proper Hearts fans criticise nothing and accept their lot.

Diadora Van Basten

I asked my kids if they wanted this strip.

The reaction?

200_s.gif

Bet they choose it as their kit when playing FIFA 17 though.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Bet they choose it as their kit when playing FIFA 17 though.

How much?

Buffalo Bill

I agree it's 'horrendous', but at the same time, it's great marketing by Hearts because it will divide opinion and generate a lot of publicity.

Though I won't buy it myself, I'm sure it will be very popular and you know what? Good on the club for doing something a little bit different

12 months from now, there will be another new kit launched and we'll have the same debate again.

PhoenixHearts

"Classless"???

FFS get a grip. Mind it's just football. Folk complaining are probably the sort to have the green grass in their garden dug out.

"a hate hings being different tae wut am used tae, likesay".

Manchildren.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I agree it's 'horrendous', but at the same time, it's great marketing by Hearts because it will divide opinion and generate a lot of publicity.

Though I won't buy it myself, I'm sure it will be very popular and you know what? Good on the club for doing something a little bit different.

12 months from now, there will be another new kit launched and we'll have the same debate again.

Wasn't the FoH strip "different" and horrendous enough?

davemclaren

You don't have to be a "fashion guru" to come to the conclusion that that strip is classless. It is not as simple as "if you don't like it, don't buy it" - I for one do not want to see HMFC running out wearing that monstrosity.

I'm usually a lot more worried about how they will play tbh.

Buffalo Bill

That was different but not horrendous. If anything, the 'grey' FoH strip is rather understated.

...plus, I'm biased, as my name is on that one.

SpikeDudley

if the leaked image is true, it's horrible :thumbsdown:

wouldn't have minded if it was something similar to the 96/97 yellow kit, but this is rank

His name is

Ive heard from someone, who knows someone who knows someone ITK that this is the new away top

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

luckyBatistuta

Memo to JKB...

:thumbsup:

I've left it entirely up to the kids, whether they like it, or want it. One thinks it's ok and the other isn't keen on it. So they'll get a purchase out of me, as they both still want it :lol: Don't understand why some get so upset about a strip though.

Geoff Kilpatrick

That was different but not horrendous. If anything, the 'grey' FoH strip is rather understated.

...plus, I'm biased, as my name is on that one.

So's mine. Doesn't change my opinion of it.

Grown men losing their minds over a football strip is more embarrassing than any strip could ever be. I personally wouldn't wear it but fair play to the club for doing something a bit different after playing it safe last year.

I'm usually a lot more worried about how they will play tbh.

Of course you are Dave - as am I.........but the debate here is relative to a strip not how we play.

I like it. I'll be buying it. My kid likes it. I'll be buying one for him. I'm not that sensitive that I'd get upset about Hearts running out in that top, or any top really for that matter (maybe an exception if it was green).

I just don't understand what the big drama is here. Folk getting embarrassed by a football top ffs. Are people really that sensitive?

I'll leave the embarrassment to you walking around wearing this - if your kid is under 5 he may just get away with it............ :tiny:  

"Classless"??? FFS get a grip. Mind it's just football. Folk complaining are probably the sort to have the green grass in their garden dug out. "a hate hings being different tae wut am used tae, likesay". Manchildren.

:qqb006:

Grown men losing their minds over a football strip is more embarrassing than any strip could ever be. I personally wouldn't wear it but fair play to the club for doing something a bit different after playing it safe last year.

"losing their minds"????   GTF

My name is on the strip and I bought one for posterity - the design however was like a cheap old newspaper and drab, even taking into account the manufacturing process.

Craig Gordons Gloves

I'm all in for a yellow and pink away strip. It's going to be magic!!!

I bought the Scotland top that was white with yellow and blue hoops, the one that was white with the purple and pink flashes on one side and various other unusual tops so I'll be having this too. Mon the Hearts!

Excellent opportunity to ask what is the age a gentlemen reaches where heading to the beach on holiday or walking around town coated in polyester by any replica football shirt becomes well ...... a bit embarrassing? Personally now in my 40's I leave the kits to the players and children, and like to purchase a simple polo shirt for match days. Sadly due to the clubs new training range including polo shirts being absolutely stinking, I will not be purchasing at this time and recycling last seasons. However my kid will have home, away, goalkeeper shirt! Almost makes up for missing out on the annual purchase of my polo shirt.

I'm all in for a yellow and pink away strip. It's going to be magic!!!

I bought the Scotland top that was white with yellow and blue hoops, the one that was white with the purple and pink flashes on one side and various other unusual tops so I'll be having this too. Mon the Hearts!

Yeh..... watching Hearts running out of the tunnel looking like a washed out Partick Thistle will be 'magic' right enough!  :stunned:

BRAVEHEART1874

if it s anything like that picture then it is chit but never mind i am sure there will be some home tops getting bought instead now ;)

On another note there is a deal on maroon adidas (remember they had the white away top that sold out and hundreds of people couldn't get one) on sports direct just now ?11.50 bought one ps. dont tell sevco i like my windows the way they are ;)

You don't have to be a "fashion guru" to come to the conclusion that that strip is classless.   It is not as simple as "if you don't like it, don't buy it" - I for one do not want to see HMFC running out wearing that monstrosity.

Wow..........nothing like going overboard

It's great and yes it's different and well done for that.  We could be bored stiff with a white top and maroon shorts combo once more but thanks to some gret thinking we have an original top, not a template from a collection and it's relevant to the clubs history.

The market it's aimed at will, I've no doubt, like it and those who don't can buy the traditional home top/strip just to keep them happy.

PS nobody will care about it if we have a good season as the football will determine much of the opinion

Fitzroy Pointon

Excellent opportunity to ask what is the age a gentlemen reaches where heading to the beach on holiday or walking around town coated in polyester by any replica football shirt becomes well ...... a bit embarrassing? Personally now in my 40's I leave the kits to the players and children, and like to purchase a simple polo shirt for match days. Sadly due to the clubs new training range including polo shirts being absolutely stinking, I will not be purchasing at this time and recycling last seasons. However my kid will have home, away, goalkeeper shirt! Almost makes up for missing out on the annual purchase of my polo shirt.

Over 16? 

It's not even been released yet, nor has that been confirmed as the real deal, and people are losing their shit over it.

:glorious:

It's not like we're scrapping maroon shirts and only going to play in that :lol:

Actually :kirk:

davemclaren

Of course you are Dave - as am I.........but the debate here is relative to a strip not how we play.

It is indeed but the point I was trying to make was that sartorial elegance is way down my list of Hearts related priorities.

Great top and just what we need after a series of safe but boring choices which those who complain about this were delighted with no doubt

Time to remember it's just a strip and a second strip at that.

It'll be interesting to see the rest of the strip but thumbs up from me ..............if only to create chat aand controversy it's been worth it already.

PS I wonder where the 'sponsors logo' is ?............just saying :tiny:

When we had the tribute strip to mcraes there was no sponsor either could be similar reasoning.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Wow..........nothing like going overboard

It's great and yes it's different and well done for that.  We could be bored stiff with a white top and maroon shorts combo once more but thanks to some gret thinking we have an original top, not a template from a collection and it's relevant to the clubs history.

The market it's aimed at will, I've no doubt, like it and those who don't can buy the traditional home top/strip just to keep them happy.

PS nobody will care about it if we have a good season as the football will determine much of the opinion

"Going overboard"???   Where about like?

I have watched Hearts for over years, and fans of my generation will never get bored watching them play in the white top/maroon shorts combo (you know the iconic one we wore when we finally got the monkey off our back in 1998!)

I don't give a toss what younger fans (and even the overweight older ones) want to wear on holiday or down the pub - I do care what my team look like on the park, and for me is in dark maroon and white everytime.

It is indeed but the point I was trying to make was that sartorial elegance is way down my list of Hearts related priorities.

That is also true...but the debate here is specifically about this STRIP and not other more important priorities.

Archived