Brookes Mileson - A Disgrace as a Man

Rawrrrrrrr

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stalking your posts....you’re having a laugh.

It’s not possible to avoid your continual empty sensationalist posts. You cast your net out wide to capture the widest possible reaction to try and fill whatever empty life you have.

To think I once defended your right to say what you wanted. Of course that was when I thought you used to actually have a point. Now it’s clear you don’t. You just fish for reactions.

[edited]

You think you’re a maverick, a wildcard, but you’re not, you’re just a sad little lad. You think it’s cool be different, to make a stand, not be like everyone else, but in truth, your spouting nonsense for effect and certainly not for substance. You crave for acceptance, but lack the ability to behave socially. You are desperate for recognition, but without any discernable likeable qualities or talent, you opt to go for reactionary opposition. You don’t have the patience or ability to keep your mouth shut, even when you don’t have something to say. Silence allows the reality of the meaningless existence you have to come closer and you can’t deal with that. On here you’re a joke, but rather than admit that, you play the jester, the blacksheep, but a blacksheep that says **** you to everyone, and somehow that meant to give you purpose? It doesnt.

But the answer is simple, try actually being yourself and only posting what you really believe or understand, and only when you have something to say.

Ooft! Dont hold back now Doc!!!

coppercrutch
I would disagree with you labelling him a disgrace. The man lived the dream and gave the Gretna fans one hell of a rollercoaster ride. They got title wins and a Scottish Cup run Hibs would've been proud of.

The man sponsors 100's of small clubs/teams in the surrounding areas where he lives. He is heavily involved in youth and amateur football and has never given Hearts supporters anything but respect and kind words.

The man may have turned his back on Gretna after losing millions of pounds but whether for financial prudence or health the man has to be admired for giving Gretna their moment in the sunshine.

Gretna were never realistically going to survive when they only had 1000 fans who would travel and a team put together on a shoestring.

A real shame that Gretna have gone out of business but I'll always fondly remember them for contributing to one of my best moments as a Hearts fan.

Lay off the excentric Brookes. He has always been a decent bloke when I've met him. At the shareholders meeting and before the cup final. The most important thing is he respects Hearts and has never said anything bad about us despite the press trying their best to get him to.

Never heard so much drivel in my life. They had managed to survive just fine for half a centrury before this joke of a man came along......

I totally agree with Prancer on this one. Mileson is a disgrace. He took a club that was doing just fine AT ITS OWN LEVEL and ruined it.

He did this for his own selfish reasons. Nothing else. He still has the money he had before his illness. He did this so he could get a bit of time in the limelight, a lucky trip to Europe and one season in the top league. He was thinking about himself and not Gretna FC. He knew all along it would end in tears and yet still happily enjoyed the ride.

He simply pulled the plug at exactly the time no-one in the media would have a go at him because of his illness. Smart move. Sad excuse of a man.

monkfish1979
Its morally reprehensible that he took the club for a ride at his cost then left it to die when it suited him, the fact is mileson is wealthy enough to have cleared the few million of debt then left gretna to it in the 3rd division - I personally think this would have been the right thing to do given it is his fault in the first place

Brookes behaviour is disgraceful and what makes it worse is knowing that it could easily happen to us overnight,

So you're saying that, basically, Mileson was obliged to (possibly) bankrupt himself by pumping his own personal fortune into a crud football team that carries a travelling support of about 30 people, and was never going to make an impact on the SPL. Do you see the daftness of your post?

monkfish1979
You think Im wide of the mark?

I think you might've just made internet sniping history, mate. ;):Bazooka:

coppercrutch

It’s not possible to avoid your continual empty sensationalist posts. You cast your net out wide to capture the widest possible reaction to try and fill whatever empty life you have.

To think I once defended your right to say what you wanted. Of course that was when I thought you used to actually have a point. Now it’s clear you don’t. You just fish for reactions.

[edited]

You think you’re a maverick, a wildcard, but you’re not, you’re just a sad little lad. You think it’s cool be different, to make a stand, not be like everyone else, but in truth, your spouting nonsense for effect and certainly not for substance. You crave for acceptance, but lack the ability to behave socially. You are desperate for recognition, but without any discernable likeable qualities or talent, you opt to go for reactionary opposition. You don’t have the patience or ability to keep your mouth shut, even when you don’t have something to say. Silence allows the reality of the meaningless existence you have to come closer and you can’t deal with that. On here you’re a joke, but rather than admit that, you play the jester, the blacksheep, but a blacksheep that says **** you to everyone, and somehow that meant to give you purpose? It doesnt.

But the answer is simple, try actually being yourself and only posting what you really believe or understand, and only when you have something to say.

The above post takes hypocrisy to a whole new level.....:rolleyes:

Ivan Drago

Brooks Mileson made a big song and dance about leaving Gretna money in his will that would keep them afloat if anything happened to him.

What changed?

Dr. Bapswent
I think you might've just made internet sniping history, mate. ;):Bazooka:

You think I went too far?

Did I go too far?

I went too far didnt I?

Awww shucks.

Dr. Bapswent
Brooks Mileson made a big song and dance about leaving Gretna money in his will that would keep them afloat if anything happened to him.

What changed?

He's not dead, and it seems, not in control of his estate.

Therefore the money is in limbo, or in the control of his relatives, who do not share this view.

Ivan Drago
Never heard so much drivel in my life. They had managed to survive just fine for half a centrury before this joke of a man came along......

I totally agree with Prancer on this one. Mileson is a disgrace. He took a club that was doing just fine AT ITS OWN LEVEL and ruined it.

He did this for his own selfish reasons. Nothing else. He still has the money he had before his illness. He did this so he could get a bit of time in the limelight, a lucky trip to Europe and one season in the top league. He was thinking about himself and not Gretna FC. He knew all along it would end in tears and yet still happily enjoyed the ride.

He simply pulled the plug at exactly the time no-one in the media would have a go at him because of his illness. Smart move. Sad excuse of a man.

Not necessarily.....

coppercrutch
So you're saying that, basically, Mileson was obliged to (possibly) bankrupt himself by pumping his own personal fortune into a crud football team that carries a travelling support of about 30 people, and was never going to make an impact on the SPL. Do you see the daftness of your post?

Jeeezzzzzz.

Some people are so naive...

How about you have a think of the ONLY person who ever tried to get Gretna to have an impact on the SPL. It sure wasn't any of their supporters....

I will give you a clue. His name rhymes with Chooks Pileson....

So yes he was obliged to pump his own money in to save them. Because the only reason they were in trouble in the first place was because of him.

Ivan Drago
He's not dead, and it seems, not in control of his estate.

Therefore the money is in limbo, or in the control of his relatives, who do not share this view.

If there is actually any money.

Drylaw Hearts

I agree.

Drylaw Hearts
The above post takes hypocrisy to a whole new level.....:rolleyes:

Again, I agree.

Dr. Bapswent
Jeeezzzzzz.

How about you have a think of the ONLY person who ever tried to get Gretna to have an impact on the SPL. It sure wasn't any of their supporters....

So yes he was obliged to pump his own money in to save them. Because the only reason they were in trouble in the first place was because of him.

Thats not entirely true either.

However, I would say he has a moral obligation (as he pays wages etc) to let the club down gently, not implode over a short time.

Give them time to sort out ohter things, not have things go tits up overnight.

[edited]

Just glad yer nay diagnosing me by my posts :)

Dr. Bapswent
If there is actually any money.

Yes, of course. But does anyone know this info?

Dr. Bapswent
Just glad yer nay diagnosing me by my posts :)

Interesting to note that by simply changing a few letters, you could have made that ledgible. ;)

Dr. Bapswent
:rofl:

Aww shucks, Prancy.

Im sorry.

I went too far.

Do you forgive me?

monkfish1979
Jeeezzzzzz.

Naive how? I would imagine that it wasn't Mileson's choice to withdraw his support, given the state he was in. Those same fans weren't complaining when the club was doing well, were they? None of us would. There's no reason that there can't be a Gretna F.C. again in the future, and wherever they start, it'll probably be fairly close to where they were before Brooks came along.

coppercrutch
Not necessarily.....

Well none of us on this forum know the exact details of what is going on.

However we all know that the only reason Gretna faced ruin is because of Mileson. If he didn't put something in place, no matter what the circumstances, to make sure they were supported he is the only one to blame.

How anyone can argue with that just because he was ill or is eccentric amazes me. :wacko:

Ivan Drago
Yes, of course. But does anyone know this info?

Plenty of evidence to suggest that the club were in trouble before they got to the SPL. Everyone seems fit to just ignore it though for whatever reason.

Ivan Drago
Well none of us on this forum know the exact details of what is going on.

However we all know that the only reason Gretna faced ruin is because of Mileson. If he didn't put something in place, no matter what the circumstances, to make sure they were supported he is the only one to blame.

How anyone can argue with that just because he was ill or is eccentric amazes me. :wacko:

Spot on.

Ivan Drago
Naive how? I would imagine that it wasn't Mileson's choice to withdraw his support, given the state he was in. Those same fans weren't complaining when the club was doing well, were they? None of us would. There's no reason that there can't be a Gretna F.C. again in the future, and wherever they start, it'll probably be fairly close to where they were before Brooks came along.

Mileson withdrew his support long before he fell ill

coppercrutch
Thats not entirely true either.

However, I would say he has a moral obligation (as he pays wages etc) to let the club down gently, not implode over a short time.

Give them time to sort out ohter things, not have things go tits up overnight.

Indeed. He should also admit that this situation was of his own doing. A bit of honesty would not go un-noticed.

Dr. Bapswent
Indeed. He should also admit that this situation was of his own doing. A bit of honesty would not go un-noticed.

Im not sure if this has any use in simply apportioning blame. But maybe in terms of acountability.

However, legally that matter will be dealt with anyway, irrespective of how public that is.

coppercrutch

Those fans were also not told that the probably outcome of this 'success' was the club they supported going bust in a few years.

I used the word naive in relation to your coment on the club making an impact on the SPL. That had nothing to do with their fans. That had everything to do with Milesone. So he should carry the can of this situation and not them. Unfortunately that is not how it will turn out.

I used to get quite annoyed by Gretna but now I feel sorry for their fans. As you say their fans just went along for the ride. And contrary to what another poster has stated I doubt any of them would have agreed to that if they had known the outcome beforehand.

Anyway no great loss !! Still a shame though, fans of wee clubs are what makes football great. Except for the hobos. ;)

what you all seem to forget is WE as a football team are in the same boat (except vlad is not ill) what would happen if he was taken out tomorrow ( no i dont have any intentions just incase it does happen) what would then happen to HMFC?????

coppercrutch
Im not sure if this has any use in simply apportioning blame. But maybe in terms of acountability.

However, legally that matter will be dealt with anyway, irrespective of how public that is.

Of course. Just would be nice to see someone in this country taking responsibility for their actions for once.

Everyone wants to blame someone or something else for their problems.

I am sure the Gretna fans would like an apology from Mileson.

Chuck Berry
Kearney Gretna are now finished, you wont be getting a trial so dont feel obliged to defend him anymore

Dying or not this man took over a football club, football clubs arent like another business, he has had serious health concerns for years and should have put in place a structure which would allow gretna to survive in his absence or death

And he has done something wrong, he has buried gretna, I wonder if you would feel the same if it was hearts and romanov?

As for knowing whats wrong with him, I personally think its irrelevent, be it aids, cancer, a car crash, he should have put in place a plan which allowed the club to survive if he didnt

Its morally reprehensible that he took the club for a ride at his cost then left it to die when it suited him, the fact is mileson is wealthy enough to have cleared the few million of debt then left gretna to it in the 3rd division - I personally think this would have been the right thing to do given it is his fault in the first place

As for Dr Bapswent, please stop stalking my posts, its rather boring really, also goes for the rest of the fan club who seem quite happy to offer nothing to the topic except a dig at me, its nice to see kb is quickly reverting back to form and becoming an old boys club where as long as you cup the right person it doesnt matter what you actually offer to the board

Brookes behaviour is disgraceful and what makes it worse is knowing that it could easily happen to us overnight,

Pretty much spot on, I'm surprised at how little interest our esteemed journalists are taking in Mileson. His actions have lead to a lot of people losing their jobs and football fans losing their team.

I noticed the sun tracked him down and reported on it today

Apparently he wouldn't or couldn't speak - unclear which - but he was walking around in his land smoking cigars, now if he has the presence of mind to walk and smoke cigars, never mind either get them himself or get someone else to do it for him, Ill or not he is clearly well enough to come out and face the repercussions of his actions

Yes he has lost money and its his choice how to spend it, but to destroy a team then hide behind his health is very poor taste

Able to smoke and walk, able to face the repercussions imo

Not like you to write something derogatory whilst kicking a man when he's down.

You're a sensationalist looking to take the high moral ground when you feel like it. Whilst you rarely think what you say, knowing you can always hide behind your self righteous soap box and fill these pages with put down posts and threads.

The only ban i ever got here was for calling you something for slagging folk in the Roseburn stand who's only crime, out with supporting their team, was not being season ticket holders.

What a sad man you are.

alwaysthereinspirit
I noticed the sun tracked him down and reported on it today

Apparently he wouldn't or couldn't speak - unclear which - but he was walking around in his land smoking cigars, now if he has the presence of mind to walk and smoke cigars, never mind either get them himself or get someone else to do it for him, Ill or not he is clearly well enough to come out and face the repercussions of his actions

Yes he has lost money and its his choice how to spend it, but to destroy a team then hide behind his health is very poor taste

Able to smoke and walk, able to face the repercussions imo

:eek:

Brookes Mileson - A Disgrace as a Man

"The Sun.... Disgrace of a Newspaper"

Pants Shaton

The press were happy to humour Mileson, massage his ego and wrongly interpret one man's vanity project as a fairytale. Stepehn Kenny rightly pointed out, whilst Derry manager, that a real fairytale is the restoration of a club's fortunes achieved by grass roots support and not the grotesque events at Raydale.

There's no doubt Mileson contributed a great deal to community football and youth development; for which he was duly praised.

He promised Rowan Alexander a job for life - he lied. Press recriminations - nil.

He promised an 'eco-stadium' (whatever that might be) - he lied.

Presumably through a combination of illness, pressure from a family seeing their inheritance flushed down the drain and loss of interest he has caused the demise of a football club. This is a direct consequence of his mismanagement. He walks away with the bulk of his personal fortune intact.

He leaves behind fans (albeit few in number) without a club; unpaid creditors; unpaid, and many unemployed, footballers and a trail of embarrassment for Scottish football.

The least he, or his family, should do is apologise.

Romanov must wish he had some British blood in him - it seems that's all it takes to get the media off your back.

Rawrrrrrrr

The fact is gretna went bust because a man with serious health issues didnt plan for this eventuality

The CEO being a signatory on a bank account would have solved it

He wasnt, brooks is to blame and his illness doesnt seem to stop him killing himself faster

The fact is gretna went bust because a man with serious health issues didnt plan for this eventuality

The CEO being a signatory on a bank account would have solved it

He wasnt, brooks is to blame and his illness doesnt seem to stop him killing himself faster

Wrong again, wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.

Your such an attention seeker on this thread, you know nothing about what happened with him so stop maing up rubbish on the subject.

And its only his signature that could control funds etc, so your wrong about it.

Your starting to look an idiot with his thread, your wrong about it.

Ivan Drago

Your such an attention seeker on this thread, you know nothing about what happened with him so stop maing up rubbish on the subject.

And its only his signature that could control funds etc, so your wrong about it.

I don't believe that for a second

In 6 or 7 years he took them from being a pub team playing in England to Scottish Cup runners up, an SPL team and all the way back down again. Quite a ride! Not sure there's anything to be explained!

Try telling that to the sanctimonious mob on this forum who, at the drop of a hat, criticize anything that pops up on their moral radar. I just wonder if any of them have actually tried or achieved anything in this life, as Brookes Mileson has, other than fire off holier than thou epithets from the safety of their keyboards.

Girfuy ya shower of keyboard critics.:mad:

The Old Tolbooth
Aww shucks, Prancy.

Im sorry.

I went too far.

Do you forgive me?

Would it worry you if he didn't?

The Old Tolbooth
what you all seem to forget is WE as a football team are in the same boat (except vlad is not ill) what would happen if he was taken out tomorrow ( no i dont have any intentions just incase it does happen) what would then happen to HMFC?????

Hopefully he has enough life cover to clear off his debt ;)

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Try telling that to the sanctimonious mob on this forum who, at the drop of a hat, criticize anything that pops up on their moral radar. I just wonder if any of them have actually tried or achieved anything in this life, as Brookes Mileson has, other than fire off holier than thou epithets from the safety of their keyboards.

Girfuy ya shower of keyboard critics.:mad:

Right enough, Gretna are *****ed but ne'er mind cos the guy was a trier.

He should have had a bach up plan. If I was a Gretna fan Id hate him

A testimonial against PSV.

They may "Beet (Eind)hoven!"

:rolleyes:

John Findlay

On this subject I am personally in agreement with the chairman of St Johnstone.

John

Rawrrrrrrr

Out of interest vlad drops tomorrow ill with a brain tumour and the same happens to hearts

What would be your opinion?

The fact gretna were a diddy team before is of no relevance, Mileson had a moral obligation to ensure when he was indisposed the club survived, fair enough not at SPL level but for me he should have had in place plans for the club to 1) complete the SPL season and 2 ) clear the debt in his absence so that the club could have survived next year into the 3rd with a new broom

Yes it would be costly but it still would have been a fraction of his wealth and given he put them there its not unreasonable that he does this

For someone who tried to claim to be a champion of people he has shown himself to be pretty selfish in the best case

As for his illness etc, irrelevent, this man has had chronic medical problems for years, this was entirely forseeable therefore to use his illness as an excuse is not acceptable to me

If he had been 20 and had dropped dead etc maybe, but he isnt

Rawrrrrrrr

His health has been poor for years, it was entirely forseeable what happened, he should have made sure that if he was indisposed others could sort the issues (CEO, solicitors etc etc)

He didnt, for that he is culpable and his illness doesnt excuse him for failing to plan ahead, the fact he almost died changes none of this

Archived