Brookes Mileson - A Disgrace as a Man

Rawrrrrrrr

Rawrrrrrrr

I noticed the sun tracked him down and reported on it today

Apparently he wouldn't or couldn't speak - unclear which - but he was walking around in his land smoking cigars, now if he has the presence of mind to walk and smoke cigars, never mind either get them himself or get someone else to do it for him, Ill or not he is clearly well enough to come out and face the repercussions of his actions

Yes he has lost money and its his choice how to spend it, but to destroy a team then hide behind his health is very poor taste

Able to smoke and walk, able to face the repercussions imo

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
davemclaren
I noticed the son tracked him down and reported on it today

Apparently he wouldn't or couldn't speak - unclear which - but he was walking around in his land smoking cigars, now if he has the presence of mind to walk and smoke cigars, never mind either get them himself or get someone else to do it for him, Ill or not he is clearly well enough to come out and face the repercussions of his actions

Yes he has lost money and its his choice how to spend it, but to destroy a team then hide behind his health is very poor taste

What are the repercussions? :confused:

Do you know where hell is
I noticed the son tracked him down and reported on it today

I wouldnt be happy if i was a fan of gretna.

Rawrrrrrrr

Explaining to the fans why he allowed there club to die

Christ he could do it in an Afternoon:rolleyes:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Prancer's invective, of course. I think I'd prefer hari-kari. :rolleyes:

Ivan Drago
Explaining to the fans why he allowed there club to die

Christ he could do it in an Afternoon:rolleyes:

And leaving Yantorno homeless, and worse of all, having to go on trial to Hibs. How can anyone defend that!?

portobellojambo1

Would think couldn't is the best bet, it isn't easy to talk when you have a huge cigar stapped in yer gob.

In 6 or 7 years he took them from being a pub team playing in England to Scottish Cup runners up, an SPL team and all the way back down again. Quite a ride! Not sure there's anything to be explained!

Prancer, does every single thing you post have to be a disparaging or offensive remark about someone or something? It's exasperating.

scott herbertson
Bongos :wacko:

cracking response

10 points from the Surbiton jury

I would disagree with you labelling him a disgrace. The man lived the dream and gave the Gretna fans one hell of a rollercoaster ride. They got title wins and a Scottish Cup run Hibs would've been proud of.

The man sponsors 100's of small clubs/teams in the surrounding areas where he lives. He is heavily involved in youth and amateur football and has never given Hearts supporters anything but respect and kind words.

The man may have turned his back on Gretna after losing millions of pounds but whether for financial prudence or health the man has to be admired for giving Gretna their moment in the sunshine.

Gretna were never realistically going to survive when they only had 1000 fans who would travel and a team put together on a shoestring.

A real shame that Gretna have gone out of business but I'll always fondly remember them for contributing to one of my best moments as a Hearts fan.

Lay off the excentric Brookes. He has always been a decent bloke when I've met him. At the shareholders meeting and before the cup final. The most important thing is he respects Hearts and has never said anything bad about us despite the press trying their best to get him to.

OP likes to throw a hand grenade in and watch the fallout.

He knows as much about Brooks and his situation as he does about most things a tiny little bit that he picks up from the world class reporting in the tabloids.

There will be more to this than people know at the moment.

You can be sure of that

hughesie27

Prancer's opinion is that if he can do these day to do things then he should be able to face up. However I think simply walking around your house and feeding yout habit (he may be smokin far fewer fags now it just so happens they caught him at a bad time) Doesn't mean he needs to invite journalists into his home and probably have them spin a twisted story about him.

Buy the ground at a knock down price, through a 3rd party, start Big Love Anvil FC and hey presto, back in the footie business yeh are :D

Dr. Bapswent

Another ignorant and deliberately stupid post from the resident dead weight on this board.

Im sure you'll be happy with the reaction, because we are all aware its all you are after, your ridiculous posts are just your vehicle to get your piggly wiggly cheswick half hard by saying something outrageous.

What a waste.

monkfish1979
I wouldnt be happy if i was a fan of gretna.

Word. All 3 of them'll be beating his door down......

:ph34r:

Say What Again
Prancer, does every single thing you post have to be a disparaging or offensive remark about someone or something? It's exasperating.

You must be new round here? ;)

Mileson inflated Gretna about 3 leagues above their proper status.

Like any over inflated bubble that doesnt have the fundamentals to back it up, the bubble bursts.

He's not exactly acted with dignity and honesty (ring any bells you lot?) but Gretna are a nothing in the history of Scottish football.

A Save our Gretna campaign could get them to the status they were 4 years ago with about ?50s worth of funding. If Gretna fans and inhabitants really want a football team they can easily restart one in their wee village by rounding up some 20 somethings from the local pubs and joining the local leagues.

Gretna F C - done

Bye Brooks, Bye Gretna (who?) An English team bankrolled by an erse, who, on his sick-bed, decided that he had lost enough sheckels, so abandoned them.

No loss.

The big Q is this............who to replace them?

Another ignorant and deliberately stupid post from the resident dead weight on this board.

Im sure you'll be happy with the reaction, because we are all aware its all you are after, your ridiculous posts are just your vehicle to get your piggly wiggly cheswick half hard by saying something outrageous.

What a waste.

spot on.

AttentionWhore2.jpg

Dusk_Till_Dawn
I would disagree with you labelling him a disgrace. The man lived the dream and gave the Gretna fans one hell of a rollercoaster ride. They got title wins and a Scottish Cup run Hibs would've been proud of.

I can think of one other sh*thouse who 'lived the dream' and then sodded off without facing the music. Fair enough, Mileson took Gretna to the Scottish Cup final, but they're about to lose their stadium and are virtually ruined. Club owners should be more responsible.

Yep the sun done really well to "track him down". They went to his house, nothing gets past those reporters. :rolleyes:

I am annoyed with Brookes Mileson, how dare he ONLY put in ?x Million? Who does he think he is witholding his money?

Brookes, you are a disgrace.

The Real Maroonblood
I can think of one other sh*thouse who 'lived the dream' and then sodded off without facing the music. Fair enough, Mileson took Gretna to the Scottish Cup final, but they're about to lose their stadium and are virtually ruined. Club owners should be more responsible.

Sounds familar.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
I am annoyed with Brookes Mileson, how dare he ONLY put in ?x Million? Who does he think he is witholding his money?

Brookes, you are a disgrace.

I think the point is that if you dig Gretna into the size of hole that Mileson has, you can't walk away and expect people to say fair enough. He might have invested a huge amount of money, but by doing that he has taken the club to a level where their wage bill and overheads requires the sort of funding that, realistically, isn't going to come from anywhere else. It's irresponsible

Peter Olivers Army

Do you work for a government benefits agency by any chance?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Sounds familar.

Too right. I fully expect our debt to bite us at some stage

Get the facts before you make a post.

I know what was wrong with him as he was at the DGRI and his casenotes were then sent away to another hospital he was in.

He was a dieing man and he had to give Gretna up as he thought his days were up.

Hes done **** all wrong, and he was in every right to give up Gretna, so get the facst right before you make a post as you know **** all that was wrong with him and the actual reasons he was admited.

What a waste.

Bang on there Bapswent.

:)

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I know what was wrong with him as he was at the DGRI and his casenotes were then sent away to another hospital he was in.

He was a dieing man and he had to give Gretna up as he thought his days were up.

Hes done **** all wrong, and he was in every right to give up Gretna, so get the facst right before you make a post as you know **** all that was wrong with him and the actual reasons he was admited.

Are you saying that if he hadn't been ill, he wouldn't have walked away?

Genghis Khan

Prancer and facts go together like Mo Berthe and appearance records.

I think the point is that if you dig Gretna into the size of hole that Mileson has, you can't walk away and expect people to say fair enough. He might have invested a huge amount of money, but by doing that he has taken the club to a level where their wage bill and overheads requires the sort of funding that, realistically, isn't going to come from anywhere else. It's irresponsible

My post was obviously just jocular but I still disagree.

His illness (I don't actually know what it was tbh) meant he was hospitalised, I remember seeing that programme that stated that his funding was secure and if he were to pass away his son would take over.

I suspect that Mileson Jnr has taken over affairs given his fathers fitness and HE has decided that his dads money will not be wasted any longer.

Anyway, it is prancer being prancer. He rarely has a point, only posts contrary to common belief and is largely here to wind up and to annoy.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

His illness (I don't actually know what it was tbh) meant he was hospitalised, I remember seeing that programme that stated that his funding was secure and if he were to pass away his son would take over.

I suspect that Mileson Jnr has taken over affairs given his fathers fitness and HE has decided that his dads money will not be wasted any longer.

Anyway, it is prancer being prancer. He rarely has a point, only posts contrary to common belief and is largely here to wind up and to annoy.

Can't argue with that

And now that he's NOT a dying man.....?

Oh and i'd be interested to know what position you hold within the hospital that allows you to go looking up his case notes.....??

cosanostra

I'm pretty surprised that Mileson has let this happen to Gretna.

To take them so high and then just let them fall into nothingness, I think there must be more to this story than is immediatly obvious.

This thread stinks in many different ways and contains much irony. Especially the fact that the Sun "tracked him down". You would imagine that they would have had an ex guest columnist's address? The Sun and Prancer make pretty good bedfellows.

In a nutshell.

Rawrrrrrrr

Kearney Gretna are now finished, you wont be getting a trial so dont feel obliged to defend him anymore

Dying or not this man took over a football club, football clubs arent like another business, he has had serious health concerns for years and should have put in place a structure which would allow gretna to survive in his absence or death

And he has done something wrong, he has buried gretna, I wonder if you would feel the same if it was hearts and romanov?

As for knowing whats wrong with him, I personally think its irrelevent, be it aids, cancer, a car crash, he should have put in place a plan which allowed the club to survive if he didnt

Its morally reprehensible that he took the club for a ride at his cost then left it to die when it suited him, the fact is mileson is wealthy enough to have cleared the few million of debt then left gretna to it in the 3rd division - I personally think this would have been the right thing to do given it is his fault in the first place

As for Dr Bapswent, please stop stalking my posts, its rather boring really, also goes for the rest of the fan club who seem quite happy to offer nothing to the topic except a dig at me, its nice to see kb is quickly reverting back to form and becoming an old boys club where as long as you cup the right person it doesnt matter what you actually offer to the board

Brookes behaviour is disgraceful and what makes it worse is knowing that it could easily happen to us overnight,

I imagine that if you went back a few years and offered the Gretna fans all that they've had, and told them that the downside was that it would not last, they'd still have signed up for the ride. In their position, I would.

I hope they enjoyed every minute. They have BM to thank for the journey. He's done much more good than harm, but, for whatever reasons, he's no longer going to bankroll their fun. He "owes" them nothing and has given a lot.

The Old Tolbooth

Prancer, although it's your opinion, you really don't do yourself any favours and I'm guessing your still single mate :confused:

That's the way I believe it to have happened!

Kearney Gretna are now finished, you wont be getting a trial so dont feel obliged to defend him anymore

Dying or not this man took over a football club, football clubs arent like another business, he has had serious health concerns for years and should have put in place a structure which would allow gretna to survive in his absence or death

And he has done something wrong, he has buried gretna, I wonder if you would feel the same if it was hearts and romanov?

As for knowing whats wrong with him, I personally think its irrelevent, be it aids, cancer, a car crash, he should have put in place a plan which allowed the club to survive if he didnt

Its morally reprehensible that he took the club for a ride at his cost then left it to die when it suited him, the fact is mileson is wealthy enough to have cleared the few million of debt then left gretna to it in the 3rd division - I personally think this would have been the right thing to do given it is his fault in the first place

As for Dr Bapswent, please stop stalking my posts, its rather boring really, also goes for the rest of the fan club who seem quite happy to offer nothing to the topic except a dig at me, its nice to see kb is quickly reverting back to form and becoming an old boys club where as long as you cup the right person it doesnt matter what you actually offer to the board

Brookes behaviour is disgraceful and what makes it worse is knowing that it could easily happen to us overnight,

You really need to stop posting mate, you are making an absolute fool of yourself. As Kearney has alluded to.

I believe that Mileson had as sound a structure in place. If he had died, Gretna would have survived. If he had been seriously ill, but in a position to carry on authorising the release of monies, Gretna would have survived. He couldn't have done anything more.

Unfortunately, when someone is not of sound body or mind to make a decision, the laws in this country allow other people or parties to gain authority to make decisions on their behalf - irrespective of whether these other people or parties decisions bear any resemblence to what has gone on before.

Your ignorance is astonishing.

Given Mileson's "love" of his club I have to agree that I find his family's silence on the matter astonishing. They have just pulled the plug and stood back. Mileson is not obliged to continue to fund the unsustainable level that he took them too but to just let the club die, well I have to agree with OP (oh my god I really wish I didn't have to) in that if the same happened to us and Mad Vlad took ill and Rodney left us to rot, there would be people queing up for a flight over there with burning torches and rope in hand.

I don't understand the ins and outs of it all, but I think given his money he could have stepped in and at least guaranteed they would fulfill next season's third division fixtures. Surely not that big an ask.

It sounds a simple case of Brooks not being able to make any decisions and his son taking control over his affairs, and protecting his inheritance. Wandering around in a daze puffing a cigar does not mean Mileson was lucid or has 100% control of his faculties.

And, like it or not, not all people are football fans.

Shame as Gretna were important to their community, perhaps they would have survived but for the SPL's ridiculous stadia requirements.

It sounds a simple case of Brooks not being able to make any decisions and his son taking control over his affairs, and protecting his inheritance. Wandering around in a daze puffing a cigar does not mean Mileson was lucid or has 100% control of his faculties.And, like it or not, not all people are football fans.

Shame as Gretna were important to their community, perhaps they would have survived but for the SPL's ridiculous stadia requirements.

And even a quality paper like the Sun may not have reported things exactly as they were. It's possible.

Dr. Bapswent

Stalking your posts....you’re having a laugh.

It’s not possible to avoid your continual empty sensationalist posts. You cast your net out wide to capture the widest possible reaction to try and fill whatever empty life you have.

To think I once defended your right to say what you wanted. Of course that was when I thought you used to actually have a point. Now it’s clear you don’t. You just fish for reactions.

[edited]

You think you’re a maverick, a wildcard, but you’re not, you’re just a sad little lad. You think it’s cool be different, to make a stand, not be like everyone else, but in truth, your spouting nonsense for effect and certainly not for substance. You crave for acceptance, but lack the ability to behave socially. You are desperate for recognition, but without any discernable likeable qualities or talent, you opt to go for reactionary opposition. You don’t have the patience or ability to keep your mouth shut, even when you don’t have something to say. Silence allows the reality of the meaningless existence you have to come closer and you can’t deal with that. On here you’re a joke, but rather than admit that, you play the jester, the blacksheep, but a blacksheep that says **** you to everyone, and somehow that meant to give you purpose? It doesnt.

But the answer is simple, try actually being yourself and only posting what you really believe or understand, and only when you have something to say.

Archived