Brookes Mileson - A Disgrace as a Man

Rawrrrrrrr

Chad Sexington

Mileson seems a decent enough man but I find myself wondering why he gets such an easy time of it.

If Romanov had behaved like he has and relinquished all his responsibility's, allowing his club to die, he would be Scotland's public enemy number 1 in the press.

Regardless of his ill health-which I sympathize with- BM's whole strategy appears to have been based on empty promises, fly by the seat of the pants accounts, and zero forward planning.

A massive ego trip that ended in predicable disaster.

I feel most sorry for the people that the club owe money to and who may face financial ruin because of this bloke.

Oh, and the personal attacks on Prancer for daring to post his opinion- in his own inimitable style mind you- were well OTT.

Certain posters regularly bang on about arguing the post not the poster. They would do well to heed their own advice.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Out of interest vlad drops tomorrow ill with a brain tumour and the same happens to hearts

Wouldn't UBIG still "own" Hearts? OK, they may sell us, but it would be totally different than the Gretna scenario.

You could also have added David Murray, Tom Farmer etc re owners/benefactors dropping dead. The Glasers even.

Rawrrrrrrr
Wouldn't UBIG still "own" Hearts? OK, they may sell us, but it would be totally different than the Gretna scenario.

You could also have added David Murray, Tom Farmer etc re owners/benefactors dropping dead. The Glasers even.

But that would have the same affect really

who would buy hearts in our current state?

I doubt you would have many takers, they would most likely cash in on the land

I just find it totally shocking some of the stances on here when the whole gretna situation should be a big warning bell to us.

I mean most people put in place plans for death or illness, I bet most of you have policies in place to protect your families/homes in your death or at least them having access to the funds you already have in some shape or form

It just doesnt seem right to me that mileson didnt have this in place

Dr. Bapswent

Are you suggesting that people should be held accountable for the repercussions of them getting seriously ill?

If they haven't made preparations for this occurance they should be given no sympathay whatsoever and are fair targets to be given abuse?

No compassion whatsoever?

Have you made plans in case you were to be hit by a bus tomorrow (heaven forbid!)

No?

Pfft, then no sympathy for you.

Rawrrrrrrr
Are you suggesting that people should be held accountable for the repercussions of them getting seriously ill?

If they haven't made preparations for this occurance they should be given no sympathay whatsoever and are fair targets to be given abuse?

No compassion whatsoever?

Have you made plans in case you were to be hit by a bus tomorrow (heaven forbid!)

No?

Pfft, then no sympathy for you.

They should be held responsible for the repercussions when it was entirely forseeable

He deserves sympathy for being Ill but that is totally different from condemning his actions

What has compassion got to do with justifying his despicable mismanagement of gretna? are we meant to go oh it doesnt matter cause your ill? woudl you say the same to romanov if he did it to hearts?

And no I havent but then I dont have any responsibilities that would affect anyone else

Brian Whittaker's Tache

So in summary

Man Buys business and pumps a load of money into the dream, "If you build it they will come" kinda style. Only problem was they didn't come

Man gets sick, proper accountants of whatever with 20/20 vision look at the books see how unsustainable his "dream" was and pull the plug

Natural order is restored and creditors get a shafting

I don't give a toss about the 30 or so diehard Gretna fans but I do feel sorry for the guys that had businesses owed money by Gretna because guaranteed sure as **** smells they'll be wee local businesses that could now face going to the wall

Dr. Bapswent
They should be held responsible for the repercussions when it was entirely forseeable

He deserves sympathy for being Ill but that is totally different from condemning his actions

What has compassion got to do with justifying his despicable mismanagement of gretna? are we meant to go oh it doesnt matter cause your ill? woudl you say the same to romanov if he did it to hearts?

And no I havent but then I dont have any responsibilities that would affect anyone else

So at what point does it become ok to call a man a disgrace of a person?

His illness and the situation are linked are they not?

Or did he sever ties prior to being ill?

If so, then this happened a while ago, and therefore giving the club a chance to put its orders in a decent state.

Also, are you privvy to all of the financial dealings and the records of what financial assistance was and was not provided by Mileson to the club?

He should have had a bach up plan. If I was a Gretna fan Id hate him

Why the **** have you got an Andy Webster avatar?

Prancer, the chances are you couldnt care less about Gretna. Or Brooks Mileson.

But why let that get in the way of starting a contentious thread eh?

Why the **** have you got an Andy Webster avatar?

I think there's a clue in his location.

No he wouldnt! he would say that Romanov was the great saviour who kept us at Tynecastle for a few years longer before flats went up and for that we should be eternally grateful for the few years we had there.

He is going back to the romantic notion that Vlad and him were soul mates when the Gretna fairytale was alive, the only thing is that he refuses to see that there are real paralels with mileson and romanov. Remember that Mileson is a major creditor of Gretna and will be in line for a share when the land is sold. Ubig will be exactly the same if the arsehole pops his clogs

I noticed the sun tracked him down and reported on it today

Apparently he wouldn't or couldn't speak - unclear which - but he was walking around in his land smoking cigars, now if he has the presence of mind to walk and smoke cigars, never mind either get them himself or get someone else to do it for him, Ill or not he is clearly well enough to come out and face the repercussions of his actions

Yes he has lost money and its his choice how to spend it, but to destroy a team then hide behind his health is very poor taste

Able to smoke and walk, able to face the repercussions imo

In many years of following KickbackThat's one of the most ignorant and malicious posts I've ever seen on here.

If Mileson, or anyone acting on his behalf, reads your post I hope they sue you for every penny you've got. He is suffering from a brain disease which renders him unable to handle his own affairs. That doesn't mean he needs to remain in hospital. Most dementia sufferers don't need ongoing hospital care but still can't look after themselves or their affairs.

I P Knightley
A testimonial against PSV.

They may "Beet (Eind)hoven!"

:rolleyes:

you're baroque-ing up the wrong tree with that kind of humour round these parts.

coppercrutch
Prancer, the chances are you couldnt care less about Gretna. Or Brooks Mileson.

But why let that get in the way of starting a contentious thread eh?

To be fair I think this thread is actually pretty interesting. Seeing people's views on this sort of situation.

Also this could be very relevant for a lot of clubs these days. The number of clubs 'owned' by one person is growing by the month.

I hope the guy is ok for his illness. However I don't think his illness has much to do with the situation. I have yet to see any concrete evidence of this.

If there was some surely the Mileson family would come out and defend their actions...........:rolleyes:

RockyBalboa
The press were happy to humour Mileson, massage his ego and wrongly interpret one man's vanity project as a fairytale. Stepehn Kenny rightly pointed out, whilst Derry manager, that a real fairytale is the restoration of a club's fortunes achieved by grass roots support and not the grotesque events at Raydale.

There's no doubt Mileson contributed a great deal to community football and youth development; for which he was duly praised.

He promised Rowan Alexander a job for life - he lied. Press recriminations - nil.

He promised an 'eco-stadium' (whatever that might be) - he lied.

Presumably through a combination of illness, pressure from a family seeing their inheritance flushed down the drain and loss of interest he has caused the demise of a football club. This is a direct consequence of his mismanagement. He walks away with the bulk of his personal fortune intact.

He leaves behind fans (albeit few in number) without a club; unpaid creditors; unpaid, and many unemployed, footballers and a trail of embarrassment for Scottish football.

The least he, or his family, should do is apologise.

Romanov must wish he had some British blood in him - it seems that's all it takes to get the media off your back.

Agreed. The fans and the staff and players who are jobless deserve an explanation at the very least.

I might get pelters for this but I reckon if Gretna held there own in the SPL last season and were safe Meilson wouldn't have walked away. :rolleyes:

Mileson put money into Gretna and made a name for himself. Even when they were in the first division a lot of people knew that he'd stopped putting money in and that Gretna were in serious trouble. The excuse of him suddenly getting ill and withdrawing his money is not true.

If I was one of the few diehard Gretna fans that had supported them when they were in England/in the third division in Scotland I wouldn't be too happy with Mileson. Would you give up your club for one terrible season in the SPL and a Scottish Cup final? I wouldn't.

The number of clubs 'owned' by one person is growing by the month.

That's not surprising. The vast majority would not be viable as a proper plc without an owner's guarantee. Most clubs are playthings for the extremely wealthy these days, rather than genuine businesses.

you're baroque-ing up the wrong tree with that kind of humour round these parts.

Good man!

I'm beginning to get a better Handel on it now.

Perhaps we should act in concert? Oh!

Era Macaroons
In 6 or 7 years he took them from being a pub team playing in England to Scottish Cup runners up, an SPL team and all the way back down again. Quite a ride! Not sure there's anything to be explained!

Exactly!....any Gretna fan offered this 7 years ago would bite your hand off

So what if u end up wi the naff team u started off with....its been worth it.

Ivan Drago
Mileson put money into Gretna and made a name for himself. Even when they were in the first division a lot of people knew that he'd stopped putting money in and that Gretna were in serious trouble. The excuse of him suddenly getting ill and withdrawing his money is not true.

If I was one of the few diehard Gretna fans that had supported them when they were in England/in the third division in Scotland I wouldn't be too happy with Mileson. Would you give up your club for one terrible season in the SPL and a Scottish Cup final? I wouldn't.

Fact. End of. :)

Ivan Drago
Exactly!....any Gretna fan offered this 7 years ago would bite your hand off

So what if u end up wi the naff team u started off with....its been worth it.

I honestly dont think they would. Look at QoS for example, who have achieved almost as much as Gretna but have done it sensibly...

Labeling someone a disgrace is pretty harsh. Know him personally do you and everything that's gone on in his life over the last while?

Era Macaroons
I honestly dont think they would. Look at QoS for example, who have achieved almost as much as Gretna but have done it sensibly...

dealing with slightly differant teams here

QoS ....long established league team, with some credibilty and some fans

Gretna....em, didnt the cricket team do well one year? better to have been and seen, than never to have been at all.

Without Brookes.....nothing would EVER have happened, just nothing.

On this subject I am personally in agreement with the chairman of St Johnstone.

John

So am i. :)

Era Macaroons

wasnt he every Hearts fans best pal after the cup final ....advert in the paper saying how great we were n all that.

.....and another thread started by prancer goes to plan.

Well done folks, you have done exactly what prancer wanted. :)

Dr. Bapswent

What?

Make him look like a petty small minded child?

He really wants that?

Cooooooooool

Maybe but FWIW I think Prancers basic point is a fair one.

It's a bit of a con the way 'rich' business men buy football clubs and then give the impression that they are spending their own money on it whilst they are actually running up debt against the clubs name.

Gretna (and Hearts) are a classic case of why there should be a wage cap based on a percentage of each clubs turnover that way if an owner wanted to massage his ego with big money player purchases he would actually have to stump up the money instead of just using credit whilst gambling on the clubs future.

wasnt he every Hearts fans best pal after the cup final ....advert in the paper saying how great we were n all that.

Yes indeed and that means he's quite liable to have at some point created an account on Kickback. Obviously I don't know whether this is the case and even the admin people will only have us identified by email addresses but were this to be the case then starting a thread entitled "Brookes Mileson - A Disgrace as a Man" would constitute a serious breach of the rules.

I reckon action should be taken just in case

rudi must stay

yup. wore a Hearts scarf in a game against Hibs as well ;). Don't really blame him for any of this, in the end a bad business plan found them out, he always said they were ahead of schedule and they really were cos nobody else contributed money..

Rawrrrrrrr

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/1.94291

Here is a list of those who gretna owe money too, what strikes me is that a fair number of those listed are what appear to be small local traders

Losing this much money to them could well send them bust etc

Therefore Brookes failure to see the blatantly obvious has resulted in you would expect a lot of local persons facing serious financial distress if not bankruptacy

Im sure those affected would agree with my statement that his behaviour is out of order

He didnt get ill over night and I like others have suggested think his illness has just let him pull the plug in a way that protects him from as much hassle as he would have otherwise got had it not been for his Illness

Dont get me wrong Im not saying he isnt ill but no one seems willing to state what exactly is wrong for him and how it made gretna go bust over several months

Are we really to believe Brookes, despite being at home was unable to direct a solicitor or conduct his own affairs as recently as 2 saturdays ago?

If this is the case who is buying him his cigars/ instructing someone to buy him cigars?

I think brookes/his family could have saved gretna if they wanted to but have chosen not too

He has chose to put people out of work and business as he got bored and his ego wasnt being massaged enough any more, how is this not disgraceful?

I wonder what the monies owed to other football clubs are for. Other than the M'well debt they seem too small to be player related. Someone been enjoying some hospitality ?

Barnsley Football Club ?1,192.86

Birmingham City Football Club Plc ?2,788.09

Blackburn Rovers Football & Athletic Plc ?2,840.17

Celtic FC Ltd ?7,262.00

Sheffield United FC Ltd ?13,130.91

St Johnstone Football Club Ltd ?61.10

The Everton Football Company Ltd ?3,667.79

The Motherwell Football & Athletic Club ?44,445.00

Toxteth O'Grady
I wonder what the monies owed to other football clubs are for. Other than the M'well debt they seem too small to be player related. Someone been enjoying some hospitality ?

Celtic FC Ltd ?7,262.00

Probably a payment for 3 points

Loan player?

St Johnstone?

John Paul Kissock Loan?

Rent

Celtic FC Ltd ?7,262.00

With the exception of C*lt!c and St Johnstone, they were all in respect of loan players. Oh and Motherwell's is obviously for the ground.

Rawrrrrrrr
Rowan Alexander ?800,000 :eek:

Barnsley Football Club ?1,192.86 (Rhys Meynell Loan)

Birmingham City Football Club Plc ?2,788.09 (Artur Krysiak Loan)

Blackburn Rovers Football & Athletic Plc ?2,840.17 (Rostyn Hodges Loan)

Celtic FC Ltd ?7,262.00 ( Not sure - Ticket money???)

Sheffield United FC Ltd ?13,130.91 ( Kyle Naughton Loan)

St Johnstone Football Club Ltd ?61.10 (not sure - ticket monies???)

The Everton Football Company Ltd ?3,667.79 ( The young guy on loan)

Loan players for most of them I would imagine, the rest either fees due or ticket monies still due to them for competitions etc

Rawrrrrrrr

St johnstone is probably something to do with the Deuchar loan

Celtic will be ticket monies they never paid

With the exception of C*lt!c and St Johnstone, they were all in respect of loan players. Oh and Motherwell's is obviously for the ground.

Ah, cheers. No wonder they were the worst team in SPL history if that's what they were paying for players !

CF11JamTart

Something that gets my goat about Gretna unravelling is that when the writing was on the wall, the SPL's main concern was in ensuring that the club stumbled across the finish-line and fulfilled their 38 matches.

Presumably, they coldn't cope with the ignominy (and administrative choas) of adjusting the points total to remove points won against Gretna.

Maybe it is the SPL's obligation to ensure that a season's fixtures are completed in full, but, realistically, it was only a question of time until the Gretna situation happened: presumably it was clear that there was little chance of them being bailed out.

In the broader scheme of things, instead of giving the SPL prize money as an advance to assist them in completing their remaining games - that money could have been used to pay their creditors who presumable include local small businesses, etc. That money has now been spent - enabling them to complete their games, but to what effect?

Something that gets my goat about Gretna unravelling is that when the writing was on the wall, the SPL's main concern was in ensuring that the club stumbled across the finish-line and fulfilled their 38 matches.

Presumably, they coldn't cope with the ignominy (and administrative choas) of adjusting the points total to remove points won against Gretna.

Maybe it is the SPL's obligation to ensure that a season's fixtures are completed in full, but, realistically, it was only a question of time until the Gretna situation happened: presumably it was clear that there was little chance of them being bailed out.

In the broader scheme of things, instead of giving the SPL prize money as an advance to assist them in completing their remaining games - that money could have been used to pay their creditors who presumable include local small businesses, etc. That money has now been spent - enabling them to complete their games, but to what effect?

I agree entirely with this. I think everyone knew this would be the eventual outcome for the club, and the SPL should have pulled the plug earliuer on, no matter what administrative problems would have ensued.

That might have saved some of these creditors some money, absolutely.

That money the SPL gave them has now been wasted, that's all.

Maroon Mayhem
Stalking your posts....you?re having a laugh.

It?s not possible to avoid your continual empty sensationalist posts. You cast your net out wide to capture the widest possible reaction to try and fill whatever empty life you have.

To think I once defended your right to say what you wanted. Of course that was when I thought you used to actually have a point. Now it?s clear you don?t. You just fish for reactions.

[edited]

You think you?re a maverick, a wildcard, but you?re not, you?re just a sad little lad. You think it?s cool be different, to make a stand, not be like everyone else, but in truth, your spouting nonsense for effect and certainly not for substance. You crave for acceptance, but lack the ability to behave socially. You are desperate for recognition, but without any discernable likeable qualities or talent, you opt to go for reactionary opposition. You don?t have the patience or ability to keep your mouth shut, even when you don?t have something to say. Silence allows the reality of the meaningless existence you have to come closer and you can?t deal with that. On here you?re a joke, but rather than admit that, you play the jester, the blacksheep, but a blacksheep that says **** you to everyone, and somehow that meant to give you purpose? It doesnt.

But the answer is simple, try actually being yourself and only posting what you really believe or understand, and only when you have something to say.

Amen brothers and sisters.......

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Could it all have been a plan to avoid paying Alexander ?800K?

If the SFL's rules are the same as the English Football League's, football debts have to be paid in full in order for a club to retain their membership. You can circumnavigate the bulk of debts owed to unsecured creditors by declaring yourself insolvent, but players, managers, clubs etc tend to be top of the pile when it comes to paying up. Butchers, electricians etc are bottom of the food chain. Peversely, they're also the guys who are owed the least money and need it most.

coppercrutch
Is a few artifacts, some shop stock and ground care equipment.

http://www.eddisons.com/pages/notice_of_sale/default.aspx?ShowID=MTg5NzU3QUUtOTQ0Ni00RTVGLTg0NUEtOUFCMzAxMDY5RDdD

Regardless of what we think about the Gretna situation, this is still a very sobering thought!

Are they selling the llammas ? I could do with one of them

Are they selling the llammas ? I could do with one of them

AuctionSALE

Photographic ID will be

required to register at the auction

Including 2 Ransomes Mastiff ,36in cut; Toro

Reelmaster 2000D ride on diesel hydraulic ; Jacobsen diesel

hydraulic triple cylinder ride on ; Gambetti Barre 6804B 6 metre

; Charterhouse 1200mm towable hydraulic ;

Wessex AC12 1200mm towable petrol driven ;

Redexim Charterhouse ; Redixim Charterhouse 7215

; Greentek 2.4m Greens Brush; AMTEC HVO 300 series st st 50kg

Hand Spreader; 2 Bow Dry ; Ehrle KD623 cold water Pressure

Washer; Chemsafe Chemical Safe; Bateson 3500kg twin axle aluminium

8 Abacus Municipal 60ft high 3 light ; Turnstiles; Match and

Training aluminium , Pitch Frost Covers, 2 10-seat open Dug-

Outs, , ; Sportesse

, Icematic N25S , Dynamed First Aid Stretcher,

Stainless Steel Upright Fridges and Freezers,

Bottle Fridges, Soup Turines, Moorwood Vulcan st st Cooker, Deep Fat Fryers,

Toasters, mobile Hotplate, Larder Racks;

Smart Tech ;

; Sharp AR-163 ; Epson

Aculaser C1900 colour

cylinder Lawnmowers

Triple Mower

Verti Cutter

Boom Sprayer Top Dresser

Sweeper and Collector

Multispike 1200 Verti-

Drainer

Field Dryers

16ft Flat bed Tipping Trailer

Flood Lights

Goalposts

Torro Irrigation System Retractable Players Tunnel Ice

Bath Icemaker Fitness

Equipment

CLUB MEMORABILIA including framed and signed SHIRTS; TROPHYS,

BOWLS and PLAQUES; Remaining CLUB SHOP STOCK inc Home and

away Strips, Club Merchandise

CATERING EQUIPMENT inc

OFFICE EQUIPMENT to include

oak radius Desks, Smart Board Samsung iDCS100

Telephone Installation Digital Photocopier

Laser Printer

By instructions of D Elliot & L Hogg of Wilson Field, Joint Administrators of Gretna Football Club Limited

Ground Care and

Stadium Equipment

Club Memorabilia and

Business Equipment

Thursday 19 June 2008 commencing at 12.00 noon

Morning of Sale from 9.00am

Raydale Park, Gretna, Dumfriesshire DG16 5AP

coppercrutch

Torro Irrigation System

Dancer. Was just looking for a Torro Irrigation System.

Rawrrrrrrr
Dancer. Was just looking for a Torro Irrigation System.

Im sure those at hamilton will be off to the sale, just what they need ( a grass pitch, undersoil heating etc)

What amazes me is that all this groundkeeping equipment they werent using wasnt flogged earlier before the club went bust

They where groundsharing for the forseeable future and had no need for it at all..

In fact im surprised they never punted the ground a lot sooner and tried to go forward groundsharing for a while

Archived